/fat/ Count your calories like that legend about vampires counting seeds

>Who is /fat/ for?
For extremely dedicated rotundos who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous thread:

Attached: 1506680075856.jpg (1319x1758, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.elenchera.com/2012/05/guest-post-the-counting-count-arithmomania-and-the-legend-of-the-vampire/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Feel free to weigh yourself every day as long as you're willing to take it with a grain of salt and not get too demotivated if you plateau despite eating under maintenance.

Just whatever motivates you the most. Or helps you build the best habits. Or at least doesn't demotivate you.

I guess the fast threads from New Years are finally dying down again. How many made the cut?

Seconding this, I weigh myself daily, but just take my week's average and use that to see if I have progressed.
It's never failed me once.

Does anyone else find that caffeine triggers desires to binge like a fatass?

I have a pretty addictive personality, so I never drink 1 cup of coffee, I drink several. It wires me up, makes me impulsive, and leads me down to McDonalds. The artificial sweeteners I use probably don't help the cravings either. So I'm giving it up for a bit. I feel calmer.

Sucks though, I love coffee.

Attached: coffee.png (1000x1412, 488K)

Kind of the opposite with me. When I get hungry while I'm not suppose to eat I crack open a can of sips and it kills my hunger.

opposite for me

coffee makes me not want to eat

I officially did 1/2/3/4 2 weeks ago and have been wondering why i'm still skinnyfat? I look a little built with a shirt on but i still have quite a bit of fat on me, especially around my mid section. What the hell guys?

1/2/3/4 is basically the entry level of lifting.
Keep doing it for another 3 to 5 years and you might not look like a dyel anymore.

strength =/= hypertrophy

do more reps

>talking to girl about weight loss
>tell her I’ve been losing weight steadily for a while
>”I can never lose weight”
>tell her about calories counting and how easy it is with the apps and websites available
>”it takes too much time and I don’t trust the apps to be correct”

Why do we even like women?

noo, coffee is the best appetite killer for me

I've never heard that legend

not specifically this, but when i quit smoking coffee was a huge trigger for me to want to smoke, because i almost always did them at the same time. it took a month or so for that to wear off. if you've somehow associated coffee with something else it could be triggering those feelings for you.

I actually don't trust the apps. For example, protein counts don't account for digestibility and completeness at all, and it can range from 25-100%. If the apps don't cite sources, ditch em.

Eat whole foods that you might find in nature and you'll be good.

blog.elenchera.com/2012/05/guest-post-the-counting-count-arithmomania-and-the-legend-of-the-vampire/

Just made myself some hot chocolate with lots of cream. I actually wanted a six pack until summer, fuck I never thought I'm this addicted to yummy stuff. The craving was so fucking bad

>failing for the le craving meme
are you pregnant?

unironically not gonna make it

>TFW 304 pounds and all I have for cardio is an old bike that hurts my balls

I can only take this for 30 minutes a day bros.Sucks cause I wanted to start doing an hour cardio in conjuction with finally counting calories. Is jogging in place a good substitute for those other 30 minutes?

Attached: DtL0s7SU8AAxDpu.jpg (624x480, 17K)

It's the first sweet drink I've had for weeks though. All I have been drinking lately was water and Coke Zero. This shit sucks

all you have to do is replace the seat of your bike

If you love it, brew actually good coffee and take it black, with no sweetener.

Wow I didn't even know that was a thing that was possible. Thanks.

>this shit sucks
its meant to, trying squeezing your own orange juice or something if your craving flavor, stop giving yourself excuses

NY fag here, but I pretty much wasted January with fasting meme (which made me binge hard).
Doing great since late January though with a calistenics routine and some cardio, as well as protein heavy food.

I'm crazy hungry, but only have 200 calories left for today.
What would be the most filling food to eat? Except meat, don't have any and it's Sunday.

Is the bike a cruiser or an actual bike? Your seat height is likely fucked. If not a cruiser, your leg should have the slightest bend in your knee at full extension at the bottom of the pedal's rotation. The saddle will hit and bruise your taint, but you'll get used to it. You can also replace the seat with a double wide.

If cruiser, replace the seat with something overly padded and get comfy.

NYRFag here, down from 361.2 lbs (I know WTF right?) to 348.0 as of Yesterday
I need to thank you all (and whoever wrote the sticky) for making it so much easier than I ever thought it could be before when listening to my fat family’s advice
It will take almost 4 years, but I will be a healthy weight

Keep doing the work and be consistent about it and you will make it.

Should I still be eating at a deficit at 177lb 6'? It's normal BMI but still on the high end.

Attached: TQfmuGu[1].png (1228x1502, 61K)

if you want to lose more yes

BMI is worthless, here is the heuristic for all "should I cut or bulk" questions:

-do you still have a high body fat % (20%+) at your current weight (177lb)?
--if yes, keep cutting fattie
-is your body fat % within the 10-15% range at your current weight (177lb)?
--if yes, you're done. congratulations.

everyone's weight composition differs drastically. it's not possible for us to look at 2 numbers (weight/height) and from that make any determination as to how "fat" you really still are. you could be a pudgy fucking mess at that weight, or you could be rock solid tight and looking good. how the fuck can we possibly tell? deep down you must know this, I refuse to believe you're retarded since you figured out how to use that computer you're posting on.

so you have two options now:
1) post a picture of your naked body with naughty bits censored so that WE CAN ACTUALLY TELL WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE
2) learn to measure your body fat % and figure out what you need to do based on the above heuristic

anyone else contemplating to ask the "should I cut or bulk" question? please feel free to read my post and then go fuck yourself.

I stopped dieting about 4 months ago, well not completely i somewhat still had an eye on calories and avoided sugar as much as possible but this mourning something odd happened. After the showe i stood in front of the mirrorb and had to reavh up to grab my deodorant when i saw some serious muscles on my shoulder and neck area bulging through the fat. I more or less regularly did some shoulderflies and pushups and over time the consistency seems to have paid off. When i'm at work i drink a lot of coffee and everytime i go to the toilet i do 10 pushups afterwards wich ammounts to like 50 or 60 a day.

Anyway this expierience gave me new motivation though i still have a massive double chin wich never seems to go away, any tips or save up for surgery?

Attached: 1546071142237.png (657x527, 128K)

How was your week, /fat/?

The cold weather really makes me want to overeat. I was still at a deficit though

Attached: Screenshot_20190210-111857.png (1051x1305, 182K)

Is it possible to lose 5 pounds (125 to 120) in 3 weeks? Should I just keep eating less than 1200 calories and that can get the job done?

Just fucking eat less. Do you really want to fucking get cut open just because you have no self control?

Why do you need that specific amount?
And yeah, it is possible, but most of it will likely be muscle if you're not healthy about it.

Pretty good, finally got my shit together for the second week in a row. That one cheat meal was unnecessary, but oh well. Gotta keep going.

Attached: 3.png (841x524, 25K)

I got the winter flue right now. Cant eat much solid foods, I try to drink alot of water. My stools arent solid att all, mostly water.

Its like taking a fast on steroids, what should I expect from a 2day flue fast? It feels kinda good that my bum is flushed clean

I was somewhat thin as a kid but still had the chin.

>He's not weighing his food

What do you mean? I am weighting it.

Kept whole on 1300± kcal.

My height (5'2") shows on a BMI chart that 120 is more middle of the road for my height/weight and I'd be comfier that way I think.

Plug your stats into the losertown link in the OP and vary the amount of calories you need to eat in order to get the results you want if 1200 is too much.

>step on the scale for my bi-weekly weigh-in
>Another 2lbs down

I'm so fucking excited, guys

Honestly, you're not gonna notice much of a difference from 5 pounds.
Still doesn't explain the arbitrary time limit btw.

>205 on jan 31
>193 today
who /holocaust mode/ here

Attached: 1488263570663.jpg (747x754, 71K)

A bunch of iceberg lettuce.

porridge

Personally I would say your biggest problem has to be being skinnyfat rather than fat at that point. If you still look fat it means you have like no muscle, and you wont gain much muscle to talk about on a deficit.

So you either keep losing weight now and find yourself being a skinny bitch in 6 months and realise you now have to go lift heavy and bulk a little bit to fill up and gain muscle, or you can start eating at maint and lfiting now.

>day before yesterday, 238.6
>Forget to weigh myself yesterday, no big deal, busy morning
>This morning 240.2

What the fuck, I was on target the whole time AND yesterday I was pretty active.

I had a really unsatisfying cheat day yesterday. Makes me not want to have another one. I got a retinol cream and it really did a number on my wrinkles so hopefully it helps with my stretch marks.

Your weight can fluctuate as much as ~lbs within a day. Don't stress it.

True, and also to keep in mind that even if the scale doesn’t change. That doesn’t mean there isn’t any progress. One number on the scale can be two different body types

5'9 @ 180, am I gonna make it? I've been on a 1000-1500 calorie deficit for about a month and a half with lifting and cardio. Lost about 13 so far.

Attached: bod.png (909x644, 1.02M)

is keto a meme?

That calorie deficit is too high. Unless you're in a rush, you should aim for a 500 kcal deficit.

what should I do for the remainder? I really only eat once a day just due to how my schedule works, and it usually ends up being dinner. From that meal I'm pretty full for the rest of the day.

It's a meme if you think it'll magically make you lose fat. If you're using it as a way to eat less calories because it keeps you full longer or whatever, then no.

I don't get it.

Good going user.

No, it works. But it's hard to maintain. Most Ketofags don't even hit ketosis but end up being low carb. Even low carb + cut is worthwhile.

I'm down 25 lbs for Janurary with near keto/lowcarb + 1000cal deficit.

if you lower your body fat enough, will everybody have visible abs?

how close are TDEE calcs? i walk a lot at work, 5,000 or so steps 5 days a week and have light workouts i do, im 6' 170lb 24 year old guy, dose 2500 sound right? Ive been at 1600-2000 cals for a week now, i want to get rid of another 10-15 lbs cutting down, so i can then lift for real afterwards. Is 1600~ too low? i dont feel hungry, i eat exclusively protein and fat

You'll have abs but if you want bulging abs then you need to grow them

Anything up to 1000 calorie deficit is manageable and doctors routinely give regimes around that.

Above 1000 it starts to be unhealthy.
Remember though, its not just about the calories. Eat 1500 cal of bread and oil and you'll be unhealthy and hungry, eat 1500 cal of meat and vegetables and it'll be fine.

im low/no carb so i mostly eat bacon, eggs, sausage, chicken, beef, and thats basically it besides protein shakes as necessary to reach my protein goals daily. Bread is such a waste of calories, havent had any in months

I'm mostly the same but I eat 8 wheat crackers before going to the gym to get some carbs which kind of started as a meme but I do feel energetic when I do and my lifts suffer if I dont have em, so I just accept the 120kcal they are.

>down another 1.5% this week
>technically no longer obese even if I still look like a lumpy obese fuck
Nice.

Attached: fire sale everything must go.png (766x290, 21K)

> Two weeks. No change.

Grow up and do 531!

lets fucking do this bros

LETS GO

ESSKETIT

>4 years
Why? I started at 350 on NYE and I’m down to 323 as of this morning. I plan on being 200 by end of year at the latest (on track for October based on current rate of loss).

>still fat
>already defined face/cheekbones

who model facial structure here

Attached: 1516540345051.jpg (699x485, 69K)

Get an app called HappyScale if you’re going to track daily. It averages out your weight so you can watch steady loss despite the scale fluctuating. Pic related is mine, see left verse middle columns.

Attached: B8D5F98F-AB1F-47CB-BD85-BCA91C8B19E8.png (750x1334, 107K)

Remember it's not a race. Some people go slow and steady and keep the weight off as they are used to eating unhealthy food on occasion compared to speed losers who lose a ton of weight then balloon up once they're off the diet because they never learnt how to incorporate unhealthy food into their diet.

Attached: 1549469901315.gif (487x560, 762K)

DAILY REMINDER TO DRINK A LOT OF WATER

IF YOU ARE HUNGRY, GO DRINK A BUNCH OF WATER FIRST

damn, it looks really good, but it's iphone only
guess i can add moving average to my spreadsheet

How are you measuring it? Calipers? A scale?

I would take them with a grain of salt. I'm supposedly under 25% body fat (using the YMCA/Navy calculators) but am still a fat sack of shit

Attached: progress (front_side_tall).jpg (2430x2310, 890K)

> eat like a pig

> still at a deficit

*dabs*

Attached: 6B7HyIq[1].png (746x553, 52K)

I hope you die a fatass, resident shitposter-kun.

How do I weigh pasta? Do I weigh before I cook it or after?

Attached: ChWf9ecU8AQ5r9g.jpg (600x450, 40K)

Stop posting this shit nobody cares about your weight loss but you. You still fat anyways. How about you become skinny and then brag about it.

I'm using a tape measure and the Covert Bailey formula. It is with a grain of salt, but I will say you definitely look around ~25% bf so it seems accurate there.

Deal with it
Ah, had never seen that one before.

He's making progress. You just jelly? Post body faggot.

I wasted the last month of progress in two fucking days. From 119 to 125 in two fucking days dude and it goes straight to my gut, why is it always immediately my gut getting fat man I am furious.

>am still a fat sack of shit
Yeah he sure is bragging alright.

>tfw I have a horrible hankering for candy
>chug two bottles of ice water
>feel sick and still want to taste candy but the thought of eating anything is unappealing
I'm gonna make it, goddamn it.

You ate 21,000 kcal over maintenance in two days? No? Poop a few times and let the water weight from salt leave and it’s probably a pound at worst.

I am trying to go slow and steady - only eating at a -700 kcal deficit
I may accelerate later but right now trying to change habits long term and avoid breaking or binging
I understand if others would prefer a different route for themselves - I wasn’t trying to make it sound like I was whining, I am doing it long intentionally

due to how fat you are, you're actually one of the types that can safely go faster
1kg a week is a viable rate for you (1100kcal deficit)

What software? Anything for Android?

Cronometer, it's on Android.

CONFESS

I've been stress eating a lot the last week, partially because I haven't lost weight in a while.

Attached: 1540056321934.png (800x800, 113K)

find a better woman

why 4 years? my 450lb friend went down to below 300 in a year

That seems a self-perpetuating habit, user.

My only real "confession" is that I've been abusing the free lunches at work and OMAD to reduce my grocery budget to nil, but that's more of a giggling boast.
I probably need to invest in some bulk whey, though.

I stress ate a bit today but still kept it below my BMR