Is "1g of protien per pound of body weight" a hard and fast rule? I'm 64 kilos and 5'11...

Is "1g of protien per pound of body weight" a hard and fast rule? I'm 64 kilos and 5'11, but can manage about 130 gms of protien a day. Whey is not an option yet.

Attached: 36743411-DA7B-48E1-9BE0-768B3D2E5EEB.jpg (697x1024, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biolayne.com/articles/nutrition/protein-requirements-amount-timing-type/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3197704/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just buy some tuna or something fucking hell

No it's overkill hell even a gram per kg is probably more than you need unless you're cutting weight.

It's per pound of lean bodyweight. And it's just a good guideline.
You're a skelly or skinnyfat anyway, drink some milk or eat more eggs

Thanks Anons.

It was a meme until it wasn't. In trained individuals, 1-1.5 g/lb produces superior results in terms of hypertrophy and body composition. For untrained individuals 0.8g/lb may be sufficient.

I'd suggest doing a literature review of experiments in the past 5 years or so via Google Scholar. If you want to stick your head in the sand and get nutrition advice from blogs and YouTube instead of being an intelligent adult and reading literally 4-5 articles, go ahead.

This is false though. Gram per kg is way more than enough for people who dont train, but that doesnt apply to people who lift and want to build muscle.

The idea is to eat more protein then your body needs because your body doesn’t process everything efficiently so you compensate by giving it more.

that pic looks like an MTG card art for some kind of counterspell

np, why can't you get whey yet fren?

This is really hard while counting.

As a 185 lb man, is it ok if I just eat 80 to 100g?

>185 lb
>Man

>asking for opinions and just accepting the first few posts that tell you that you don't have to work

where do you think you are?

.8-1.5g/lb of bodyweight is accepted science at this point biolayne.com/articles/nutrition/protein-requirements-amount-timing-type/

stop validating your lazy bullshit via Jow Forums morons

Big cats look mean underwater

Attached: 1549557787759.jpg (790x1244, 107K)

0.8 grams per lb / 1.6 g per kg is enough

>one submitted paper that opposed to 99% of papers is 'accepted science'

ask me how I know you're a high school drop out

This

Looks like an angry jap

more terrifying than a shark

It really isn't, but most people underestimate how much protein they're eating. And in general, proteins are often satiating and tasty.

I’m 230lbs and I only have about 180 grams on my lifting days where I have two tins of tuna, a box of chicken sandwich meat, tendies, whatever I make for dinner and occcasionally a tin of soup. I don’t know what I can really add that is going fulfil my supposed requirements especially because I am on a tight budget.

Cuz no monies.

OP here. Almost my situation. I live in a college hostel, and we don't exactly get to choose our meals. We must eat what we're served. It's nutritious and all, but they don't go prepping them for increasing muscle mass and shit. So, I try to incorporate more protein into my diet by drinking 500 ml of milk and eating 4-5 eggs whites daily. I've just started working out, and whey costs money (I'm not exactly earning, I get allowance), so I don't want to go all out and get the best protien powder and everything. Later on, when I've convinced my dad that I'm serious about improving my physique, then I can ask him for whey.

Why egg whites?
You don't need anything fancy, just unflavoured whey concentrate if you're not a lactocuck

If struggling, drink whole milk. Not, not GOMAD. but drink some as it's easier than eating.

Just buy some protein from myprotein when they have some deal going, Didn't even cost me 8€ for a kilo last time I bought it there.

Yeah, looking into some beginner's protein powder now. I should get started by the end of the month.

How long does a 1kg pack last? I'm the first phase of SS. Was considering taking the protein powder only workout days.

your first priority should be getting a job so you can afford things

Yeah, okay i should drink that shake on rest days as well.

The website has a serving size usually, divide that by the total weight.
Bulk is cheaper, doesn't go off easily so don't worry.

1kg is too little, and you should be having SCOOPS every day fren. 5kg is a good amount, will last a few months, 2.5kg if you need to convince someone else to buy.

Yeas 1g per kg of bodyweight is good. Just make sure to split it up through out the day into meals of at MOST 35 grams of protein per meal since anymore than that at one time is wasted. Also whey is like $30 for 5 pounds, why isn't it an option?

Whoops I ment 1 g/lb not 1g/kg

>MOST 35 grams of protein per meal since anymore than that at one time is wasted
Source?

Who said it wasn't. I used to be a stuck in books for the first 20 years of my life, and I let my body lose shape. I have always been initimated by well built people, and this is why I lose confidence in myself and my ideas when I talk to someone, who I perceive as being "stronger" than me. I've let many people walk over me and said nothing. If I can get myself to like the way I look and feel, then I don't think I'll be "afraid" of anyone. This doesn't mean I've abandoned my education. I'm trying to get both, weight and brain gains.

His ass, it's more likely 70.

Go listen to everything Rippetoe says if you're this new.

I'd say 1.4g/lb is the absolute minimum for training

that's a summary article from a biology phd, not a paper, retard

ask me how i know you're projecting based on the shitty people you spend time around

Here you guys go.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3197704/

>1g per pound
It's 1g per kilogram...

Big cats look mean all the time.

Eat like 2g/lb bw unironically

Ask jacked people in the gym how much protein they eat and I guarantee you it will not be 80 grams

The studies in protein utilization are all lmao anyway because the amount you can use is heavily dependant on things like your gut biome, which is in turn heavily dependant on the amount of protein you've been eating recently

I'm sure this guy didnt know how much protein or calories he was consuming.

Attached: qqq.jpg (1280x720, 92K)