Eugene Sandow. Born in 1867 in east Prussia. Access to very little, if any...

Eugene Sandow. Born in 1867 in east Prussia. Access to very little, if any, research of health and exercise relative to us today. Little equipment. Still much more aesthetic and stronger than the vast majority of people today.

With the assets available to us, why do so many of us fail to be half as fit as he was?

Attached: 0622D46B-ED62-400A-AEE1-AFADFE7F53F4.jpg (296x500, 29K)

>5'9

He’s a fucking dyel twink you retarded faggot

/thread

>cope

Attached: 0C270A9F-8CAC-4D06-9FB3-C24947BD19EC.jpg (323x412, 40K)

Apollon is better

Why is his right delt twice the size of his left

post body

you have to eat more meat to be like these guys user. Bulking up on processed carbs just doesn't do it

Likely the angle his torso is at + shitty cameras

All he did was train and reasearch how to train better.
He devoted his life to it, he didn't have to go plow the fields, work in a factory or in an office.
He was a professional bodybuilder and trainer.
It's like asking why Rich Piana was bigger than anyone else.
If all you do is train, of course you will be shredded.

Men back then had twice the test we've got now.

>just train bro

Food and environment wasn't filled with plastic and phytoestrogens back then. So his hormonal balance was probably much better than people today.
That combined with usually physical labor from a young age as opposed to the sedentary life of today gave him better working conditions.

Sauce for studies of testosterone levels of the average man in the 1890s? All I hear is coping

age, we all do fuck all during our developmental stage which is why we are tall but weak. These guys started hard labour at 6+, and did plenty of work before that moving buckets of water, doing chores etc.

not that guy, but I was interested and just googled it
its not a meme, tons of studies showing test levels dropping in males, just google if you want
>The average levels of the male hormone dropped by 1 percent a year, Dr. Thomas Travison and colleagues from the New England Research Institutes in Watertown, Massachusetts, found
>The research, conducted on 5,000 Danish men by the Rigshospitalet Clinic, shows that those born in the 1960s have on average 14 percent lower testosterone levels than males from the 1920s

Post body then. I’m not him but you’re the one coping, you think of you tell yourself you can get that big natty it’ll just happen.

how will he ever recover

Why didn't everyone look like him then?

He was incredibly disciplined about his diet

Gee idk, why doesn’t everyone look like they lift in 2019?

Because not everyone trained all day doing hundreds of reps purely to grow. Look up on the training he did.

Attached: 1F116A2F-98DC-4E78-8F26-8BA6D0149638.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

I’m not doubt that test levels have dropped, but “double” is a large and unsubstantiated claim. Especially with how.. unreliable science was a century ago, they neglected many aspects of many areas. I’m regards to these exact studies I can’t say wth certainty, but that’s what I’ve learned regarding many studies from long periods of time ago

>I’m not coping you’re coping!
>you can’t look like that natty!
Wow, that’s pretty sad and kind of embarrassing. Low test, low effort people who bitch and moan such as yourself don’t belong on this board. We’re here to make it, not give shitty excuses as to why we cant.

they didn't look as good, but they've looked a lot better on average than man now

Attached: largest-man-1903-vs-police-officer-2012.jpg (541x563, 50K)

Not that guy but could you shut the fuck up about him posting his body? So what if that guy is DYEL he's just discussing a subject you homo.

>I think peanut butter tastes shitty desu
>show me your body then, huh?

Uh no it doesn’t work like that you moron. If he’s going to suggest that what Eugene Sandow achieved is possible today for most people natty and believing otherwise is just coping then he should have an equal sized body or at least the aesthetics to back it up. You’re peanut butter example makes no fucking sense but that’s not surprising considering you’re just a dumb dyel.

Let me rephrase then. His physique could be achievable natty, if you train for your entire life. But what you seem to be suggesting is that the average lifter could get there in 3-5 years man. It’s just not realistic

>coping this hard
This is why no one likes this board anymore

>you seem to be suggesting is that the average lifter could get there in 3-5 years
Where did I suggest that? Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth? Just to make yourself feel better?

This board is as bad, if not worse, than fat soccer moms. Jumping at the chance for any excuse. Eager to cry “but muh hormones” without even attempting at putting a hair of effort in for anything.

This is Jow Forums tier discussion. If a gigantic fucking monster of muscles walked up to you and told you to only ever do SS would you HAVE to follow his instructions because he has the body to back it up?

>that’s not a cope but I’ll call it one so in my head I feel like I won an internet argument since I feel so out of control of my own life that this is the only “win” I can get.
Pathetic

>now I’m gonna pretend like Ieas actually talking about training for life to ahieve that body as a middle aged man
And this goes back to the dropping test levels argument, without trt it’s not gonna be possible. Maybe, MAYBE if you train from 14-30.

>bitch bitch whine whine Jow Forums sucks but I’m still here... “muh hormones”
Hey man I happen to have normal test at 800ng/dL and 23 years old. Who’s putting words in whose mouth though? But like I said, test levels are dropping. A 35 year old man isn’t supposed to have test levels equal to an 80 year old yet it’s becoming more and more common.

I think you need to drop the argument and realize I want the same shit you do, I’m actually pointing out the problem that needs to be addressed. Until we stop the rise of estrogens in our daily life (plastics, foods, BIRTH CONTROL IN OUR WATER SOURCE) were not gonna be the same in our prime as our great great grandfathers.

No, I’d assume he was some gearing retard with shit endurance so he refused to ever train more than 5 reps. There’s a super cool thing called thinking for yourself, maybe you’ve heard of it?

Dumbass

As hominem, good job. Post body.

Yes I’m samefagging because pure retarded enough to deserve it. If you really think his fairly impressive but not insanely impressive isn’t achievable at all natty today without a lifetime of training.. again that’s just sad, low energy, low effort, shameful

Tl;dr stop spending so much time worrying about other people and just lift if it so easy to achieve that.

>this much strawman
>this much whining
>this much false arguments
All I hear is whining and complaining. Everyone here just wants to make excuses and put fourth no effort, you especially.

Yeah I put forth no effort despite 185/3pl8/350/450 in my first year

Cope

C O P E
U
C
K

Train legs faggot. It’s impossibke to have a discussion on this board without coping fags coming in and bombarding “NICE TRY THATS NOT POSSIBLE NATTY THE HORMONES MAN” while putting fourth little effort. If your stats are true then congrats, but it doesn’t alter my point that everyone complaining has their heads up their ass crying and making excuses.

yes with above average genes you can outgrow and outshred him easily natty

They actually learned taught anatomy in their classes mail, courses so they were ahead of most people today.

>train legs
I had surgery on each knee in that time, requiring 3 months off squats and diddlys at two separate times. Maybe I’m just genetically gifted?

>

I could literally rape you and there’s nothing you could do to stop me.

Take yer swing

holy shit you are retarded

considering how much he trained, he doesn't even look that good. Half of his muscles is shading, lightning, angles and b&w photography

Sandow was the first bodybuilder, and cultivated his physique from a young age to resemble the ancient statues of Greek gods. Before then, academics thought their proportions were exaggerated and not humanly attainable.

Attached: 9E5A9CE8-CBB4-482B-9D3F-3FCEC34EA2C4.jpg (168x300, 5K)

>Before then, academics thought their proportions were exaggerated and not humanly attainable.
That's interesting. If you have sources for that, I'm curious.

cope doesn't mean false
test levels have been demolished.. gmo, soft plastics, chlorine and estrogen in tap water

Some fun facts about the father of modern bodybuilding:
>he was frail and sickly as a child, so his father took him on vacation to Athens for his health. It was there that he dedicated his life to attaining the physique of the Greek gods
>incidentally, this is why his pecs weren’t as developed, since a large chest was seen as effeminate. Instead, most of his focus went to his shoulders and legs
>he performed as a circus strongman, where he bent pressed 270 pounds and could one-arm snatch 180
>he started working specifically in bodybuilding after performing at an expo in 1893, when he noticed that audiences were more interested in his body than his feats of strength
>he published several books on bodybuilding and fitness, which are freely accessible online

Attached: F11766E0-A234-42ED-BFFD-D07FD247A49B.jpg (713x1036, 54K)

>dat ass
>don't stare at the ass
>dat ass

Interesting! What was his routine? What did he eat?

A few general quotes from him on diet and exercise.
>”Nothing, in my opinion, is better than the use of the dumb-bell, for developing the whole system, particularly if it is used intelligently, and with a knowledge of the location and functions of the muscles.”
>“I am myself no believer in a special diet, still less in a rigid one, as necessary while training. The old nonsense on this subject, about raw eggs and underdone meat, seems to be passing away, and more rational views now prevail. I eat whatever I have a taste for, without stinting myself unduly; nor do I restrict myself seriously in what I drink. Commonly, I abjure anything intoxicating, confining myself mostly to beer and light wines. Tea and coffee I never suffer myself to touch. All I impose upon my appetites is that they shall be temperately indulged.”
>“Year round I take cold baths, and afterwards, I do a light-weight dumbell routine. I then have breakfast, then attend to my correspondence. I then enjoy seeing my friends. After this, I typically go for a long walk or if it is not sunny, I will take a ride in a horse-drawn carriage. I have my dinner promptly at 7 p.m., then attend my evening performance. After appearing at the theatre, I will have my evening cold bath, followed by a late night supper.”

Attached: 959E2488-1845-47EB-8249-BBF0A4EEFC31.jpg (360x594, 78K)

>when a normal day included a walk and writing to your friends

Take me back.

Finally, his published routine. Bear in mind that Sandow was a strongman, so this would’ve been supplemented with circus feats like lifting pianos and doing backflips (Sandow emphasized total bodily health, which included flexibility and cardio).
>Bicep curl
>Reverse bicep curl
>Horizontal bicep curl
>Single-arm shoulder press
>Lateral shoulder raise
>Front shoulder raise
>Lunge punch
>Standing butterfly
>Holding exercise
>Push-up
>Bent press
>Full sit-up
>Swing from ground
>Reverse forearm curl
>Standing chest press
Perform daily with light to mid-weight dumbbells, starting around 5 lbs and 50 reps. Add 5 reps each day until 120, then start over with an additional 2 lbs. Be sure not to rush through the reps, but concentrate and focus on the muscles at work.

Attached: 3321C215-F044-428F-ACC5-5B8FA2563DB5.jpg (677x1000, 232K)

Perhaps he was one of those myostatin negative genetic freaks?

Midichlorians?

He was also a jew

It's called being rich user, but you didn't want to pay attention in school, so now you work at mcdonalds.

>>“Year round I take cold baths, and afterwards, I do a light-weight dumbell routine. I then have breakfast, then attend to my correspondence. I then enjoy seeing my friends. After this, I typically go for a long walk or if it is not sunny, I will take a ride in a horse-drawn carriage. I have my dinner promptly at 7 p.m., then attend my evening performance. After appearing at the theatre, I will have my evening cold bath, followed by a late night supper.”

How rich was he? Most modern peoples routines:

>wake up at 6am
>stuff whatever you can afford in your hole
>commute for 1hr
>work 10hrs
>come home
>chores/care for kids/maybe 1hr free time
>sleep interrupted by loud neighbours, crying kids and traffic

I also think they thought exercise was bad for you. Not sure, I’m pulling this out of my anectodal ass.

>isometrics
>freeweights
>no special diets, just don’t eat too much or too little
>take cold showers
>light cardio
>have a healthy social life
Hard to believe there are still people who don’t do these.

Attached: 1520461375369.jpg (500x437, 42K)

This

None of us have the superior Jewish genes for intelligence and muscle building. No reason to lift.

so he even had low test to begin with

>being healthy is a luxury
>I’d totally be ripped if it wasn’t for the system

Attached: 450133A1-3417-422B-886D-71F8F014B267.jpg (217x245, 23K)

>It's called being rich user, but you didn't want to pay attention in school, so now you work at mcdonalds.
>mfw I work full time as a teacher and study for another degree in the evenings and weekends

Nigga, I want a word with your mom.

>aesthetic Übermensch
>"He was also a jew"
cope harder you fucking autist lmao

See
He is the equivalent of someone like Phil Heath today. He dedicated his whole life to it.

If anything, he highlights how much we've progressed with fitness knowledge. Today someone who is moderately consistent, eats reasonably well and follows a bro split can look like a man who 150 years ago had to dedicate his whole life to looking that way.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 31K)

Dude, he was in London from 1889 on ward. That place was completely and utterly polluted.

>wake up at 6am
If that’s a problem for you, you’re unironically underage
>stuff whatever you can afford in your hole
Healthy eating is literally easier and cheaper than it’s ever been, faggot
>commute for 1hr
Imagine being this retarded
>work 10hrs
Most wageslave jobs are 8 hours
>come home
>chores/care for kids/maybe 1hr free time
Then work out in that hour instead of watching tv
>sleep interrupted by loud neighbors, crying kids and traffic
Le domestic life is hell

Cringe and bluepilled

Are you retarded?

Except Sandow was natty, while Heath most assuredly is not.

>waaaah test levels are half of what they used to be
Shut the fuck up. Nobody has test samples from 100 years ago. Even if they did, of course they'd be lower when more people are less active while eating fast food.
>muh tap water
If you're drinking unfiltered city water then you're retarded.
>muh plastics
If you're using plastics with your food you're retarded.
>muh endocrine disrupters
If you're using artificial soaps, eating onions, etc. then you're retarded.
Stop coping. Lift more and eat more.

Test levels are going down because of OBESITY. Fat fucks have lower test levels because of the FAT in them. That's ALL.

>eating onions,
I cook with onions and garlic almost every meal, because I fucking love onions and garlic.

>the morons who eat a bit of garlic ALONE before bed, lelelelel