Is Keto worth it or a meme for fast fat loss?

Is Keto worth it or a meme for fast fat loss?

Attached: BA7945B0-A7B3-4395-9271-3F7DC706C89C.jpg (452x678, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874681/
youtu.be/zcMBm-UVdII
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It works for some, not for others.

Either way, CICO is king, and the only reason Keto helps with fat loss is because it usually increases satiety and therefore people eat less.

Meme, just do CICO and eat whatever you want, just make sure to manage your appetite so you don't run out of calories halfway through the day. All diets boil down to CICO by either increasing your activity level or decreasing how many calories you consume, no matter what.

there are only two situations in which your body produces ketones. one is where you stop eating carbs, and another is when you are a diabetic. your brain needs two things to operate: oxygen and glucose. what is glucose mainly derived from? carbs. it's very simply unhealthy to not eat them.

I cant stay on it for longer than 4 or 5 days

Its a crime because you cant even eat fruit

Keto isn't writhed OP!

You didn't join the real and active Official Fitness Server on Dis cord yet??
Advice on routine and posture advice, motivate each other, awesome stories, feels, food pics recipes and diet checks, fasting, etc.
Self improvement, nofap, powerlifting, fraud (steroids), martial arts, current body thread, injury prevention, etc.
We also have some fun channels like memes.
For those who want more adventure, we have a contest: post a pic in begin of the month, and one at the end. Then users vote and the winner gets prize money!

We accept people from all fitness levels: fat, average or athletic. As long as you are encouraging and motivating you are most welcome!

dis cord (dot) gg / v3wR7nr

Attached: 20190116_170316.jpg (500x415, 93K)

It works, but it's also a meme cuz it's not magic. Carbs are jet fuel and ketones are diesel. Which do you want to fuel your workouts?

Nope. The majority of the brain's functions run off of ketones, not glucose. And for those, your body can create what it needs in order to perform those functions without the need for external glucose.

Works for me, but likely just because of CICO. I pee on a stick every few days and it turns purple. Eating carbs would end my 40 day purple streak. Carbs are the most calorie dense foods, so my keto enables my CICO.

Fatass 350 SW 1/1/19, 323 CW, don’t exercise, in case relevant.

false; the brain will only function with ketones in an emergency situation in which glucose is not avaliable.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874681/

here's some reading for you

if you can keep it up it's really good. i lost 200lbs on keto in ~10ish months when i turned my disgusting obese life around.
that said, it's not magic. any other diet that has you in a caloric deficit WILL work too. if you find yourself cheating with other diets, give keto a try. it's very strict and i personally definitely needed this "i must NEVER fuck this up or i'm out of ketosis" mentality to not fall back into eating junk ever.

Apparently you should read it too

What’s CICO

fasting forced ketosis is GOAT
keto diet macros are for extreme medical situations and should only be run for short periods.
why would you want to eat more fat to interrupt your body using it's own storage?

IF and cico is enough.

If you are fat as fuck it will make weight loss way easier and faster because eating WAY less calories on S.A.D. while insulin insensative will leave you hungry, miserable and low energy all the time. Eating way less calories than needed for matance on keto only sucks for the first two or three weeks, after that you don't feel hungry or weak even if you fast for a day.

This is how fat I am, should I bother with Keto or just do CICO

Attached: 0E98BA52-7EBE-4864-AAC5-6E6B5F6E180F.jpg (1242x1681, 280K)

It's a meme because eventually you're going to stop doing keto, you'll either go back to the way you were eating before and gain it all back, or you'll have to switch to a long term diet, in which case, why not just eat the long term diet in the first place?

Attached: 1549789270978.jpg (1715x2048, 274K)

based user right here knows what he's talking about. Take it from someone who's done keto 5+ times and always reverted to a long term diet in the end. Plus I look pretty great.

An outdated meme that made weight loss way harder for fatties than it needed to be. It's the idea that eating 100 calories of soda is just as valid while trying to lose weight as eating 100 calories despite the vastly different hormonal and metabolic responses caused by each.

this is the purplepill

you should lift

its legit. but it's extremely unsustainable. good for fast weight loss but you need to do other shit to keep the weight away

Your not fat. Just start lifting hard my dude.

I was trained by the best

Attached: 1534977015430.png (730x1354, 584K)

I did keto for a few weeks to get rid of my fat quickly; i already changed my diet and fitness levels to sustain a lower weight, just wanted to drop off some lbs, so it worked.

It works but it was a fucking pain and i got a massive headache from not enough salt or some shit. Its shit for muscle. It only worked in my case because i stopped living like a lardass already

This is unironically the worse advice I've ever seen given on Jow Forums

Watch this vid if you want to be truly redpilled:
youtu.be/zcMBm-UVdII

Did keto for 8 months here. What muscle you have on you at present will stay and look absolutely shredded. It’s impossible to put more on though.

>mfw I forgot to write the word broccoli

...as eating 100 calories of *broccoli* despite the...

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874681/
>when an alternate fuel source is abundant, the brain stops using the other fuel source
wow what an argument

keto is for life

keto is for gains

totally false, I've been gaining lots of strength on keto

what’s your diet been like? What kind of macros are you hitting? I couldn’t make any gains so I had to get off it

Ketones then?

I'm DYEL but imo any diet that restricts foods such as carrots is too memey.

This nigger's entire channel is "I did some basic bitch research, quoted off a few phrases, and am now basically an expert". Occasionally good stuff here and there, but retarded shit nonetheless. FFS he came out with a mewing video recently

Not being able to eat fruit seems pretty bad I’ll admit

t. mouthbreather

You're retarded.

Here's something that I don't understand about ketosis, maybe you Jow Forums genuises can answer me.

If ketones is the preferred fuel of the brain and it's so much efficient. Why is it so easy to get out of it? Shouldn't the brain ignore the carbs and try to stay in ketosis?

I do keto but mainly for the mental benefits. If you're like me, you'll see an increase in concentration, drive and strength.

CICO is lies.
Your body will adapt to the lower amount of calories and won’t burn as much as it’s supposed to. Eat like normal, and you’re back in fat world

Ketards that say that shit are insufferable.
But ketosis is probably the easiest way for normies to lose weight because fasting is impossible for them. The bulk of the calories you consume come from carbs. Eliminating all carbs is an easy way to lower overall calories consumed.

>eat 0 calories for a couple days
>body “adapts” and doesnt use any energy
Lol okay retard

First two posts advocateing CICO, something that has been empirically proven to be ineffective for long term success. It is also the favorite diet of the leftist owned, controlled, and censored KEKSHED that is reddit.com. Smells like fucking shillbot in here. You fuckers are worse than I thought! Time is almost faggots.

Attached: 01df5adef9dbc6ac65554668a78598d2e19a030f2c6e680e90dc5375624cd361.jpg (902x789, 252K)

>It's just CICO
>Buy my diet plan goyim

Attached: 2d2.jpg (426x510, 41K)

It starts eating your own body slowly.
It’s like a termal.

Don’t ever respond to my posts again you dumb piece of shit.

before i started keto i weighed 284 lbs. at 6' 4"

its been 3 weeks now and i'm down to 269.8

this is the only diet that has worked for me

ketones convert fat into glucose

probably need to be eating more protein

ive seen a really big testosterone boost in myself as well

This is even more retarded than mom science

Haha okay retard

>ineffective for long term success
How? You're still going to be burning fat, at a reduced rate as your bf% gets closer to 10% maybe but it's still happening. Your body doesn't reach a point where it goes
>ok time to burn only muscle and not the fat