Is meditation a meme?

Is meditation a meme?

Attached: meditation.png (1024x500, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9y8Akej4PrU
news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2012/11/meditations-positive-residual-effects/
youtube.com/watch?v=F0jedwTzIJg&t
pnas.org/content/108/50/20254
youtube.com/watch?v=aAVPDYhW_nw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

it's never done anything for me but that doesn't mean it won't do anything for you. I personally prefer yoga

yes

it depends on the person praticing it, i think. To some people is very beneficial while for some others not that much. You dont lose anything by trying tho

No, but don't fucking pay for it.

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=9y8Akej4PrU

meditation is mental masturbation. it's retarded and you should slit your wrists if you do it. only beta fags who need to get ass raped do it.

Meditation is a narcissism nuke.

>all people have the exact same goal of financial success

That's what the posting of that video suggests.

What if meditation made you focus more on things that have value to you?

The physical and mental benefits of meditation are very well-documented in clinical research and is definitely one of the best habits you can pick up

i think its placebo, if youre too retarded to not be able to think or fall asleep without it then go for it. I went through a phase where I fell for it before I realized that i can get the same effects without the weird breathing excercises and ambient noise apps

It's needed now because people stopped reading books.

Books bring you into another space - out of your own head.
Meditation strives to do this as well, but it's not as fun.

that dude is tough af

And meditation is for fags

books are for morons-it's used to fill time and waste it

I know you've probably just entered baby's first self development phase by watching London Real and Dan Pena's quantum leap material, but just so you know Dan is a known fraud and associates himself with actual criminals that have done jail time for scamming online.

>t. I went to 2 of his seminars in Guthrie Castle

No, but headspace looks like a scam

People have been meditating for thousands of years and built special practices around it to end the existential problem of suffering. And after doing it myself for close to a decade, I can verify that it works. It isn't an overnight fix though, so faggots who think they can do it once and gain some benefit don't have any idea what's going on.

No and Headspace is actually really good for beginners. But there's torrents of it.

he's not responsible for their shit.

you dropped out of the mentor program? couldn't handle the stress? if it was a scam, why did you go 2 times idiot?

Wow, fuck. I'm going in June 2019. What am I in for? If you're not LARPING, please let me know. God damn this is my lucky day.

Did you go??

quick good search shows it isn't, tons of studies show it isn't but some types are the one where you just focus on your breathing is tried and tested
news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2012/11/meditations-positive-residual-effects/

cope

Also, can you put in a MEGA or Mediafire the 8GB he gives? God thank you. If it's a scam, let me know.

If you think you’ll ascend to a higher plane of being or get super powers or some shit then yea it’s a meme. Realistically it’s helpful for some people, for me it helps me calm down, focus and it gives me 10 minutes a day where all that matters is my breath. It’s kinda nice.

is this the castle man?

Attached: guthrie-castle.jpg (550x413, 37K)

Making yourself breathe deep and slow has the expected physiological effect of calming you down.
Learning to let your thoughts come and go has the benefit of reducing the time you spend worrying/looping a thought in your head over and over, fueling some emotion.
Learning to ground yourself in your body has the effect of reducing stress as you aren't being tossed about by external stimulus.

All of the above lead to relaxation, which is extremely important for general well-being.

It's not a quick fix though. You need dedicated practice.

Beginner video:

Science:
>pnas.org/content/108/50/20254
>We investigated brain activity in experienced meditators and matched meditation-naive controls as they performed several different meditations (Concentration, Loving-Kindness, Choiceless Awareness).
>Mind-wandering is not only a common activity present in roughly 50% of our awake life, but is also associated with lower levels of happiness (1). Moreover, mind-wandering is known to correlate with neural activity in a network of brain areas that support self-referential processing, known as the default-mode network (DMN) (2–7).
>This network has been associated with processes ranging from attentional lapses to anxiety to clinical disorders, such as attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and Alzheimer's Disease (6, 8, 9).

Previous damn thread:

Attached: shivashakti2.jpg (700x1000, 136K)

After watching some videos of this dude it's like he is trying to be the worlds most typical scrooge type rich guy who will die alone. I'm not going to go full anti materialist retard and say money doesn't matter but he seriously seems like a dick. Telling people in his seminars they shouldn't have friends for example is retarded advice because networking, favors and nepotism is how everyone gets anywhere in businesses. See how far you get by telling everyone to fuck off.

certain meditations are not (breath meditation) but others are (transcendental mediation). It is scientifically backed so its worth something but its a bit like physical training, don't expect it to have a drastic effect on your first session. You need at least a year or 2 of daily/weekly meditation.

mindfulness is the way, check in with yourself multiple times a day, ask yourself "how am i feeling" "why do i feel this way?"

by doing this you are being mindful

mindfulness is the future of psychotherapy

MEDITATION PHYSICALLY changes your brain, so no it's not a fucking meme.

Yoga is simply another form of meditation

No. 10% happier and waking up are two apps that can help you learn the basics for free. Its great for assessing situations with a calmer and more calculated mental state

that feel when stuck at 200 test @ 20 and not 900 and 82 years old

don't be a beta white male then or asian chink. brown and black men will rule the world and white bitches

Some people can, but it can take 20-40 years of meditating for hours daily.
Like the monk who set himself on fire while meditating and didn't move or make any noise.

meditation sucks. I'd rather use those 10-45 minutes sleeping.

based

Meditation becomes a meme when you are autistic about it, just sit and try to think about nothing for 10 minutes every morning and before going to bed, dont do om chanting and chit like that, good luck

Yes. Prayer is the way to go

Attached: gethsemane.gif (834x1056, 686K)

No, it was good for my social anxiety. Meditating before you have to be in a social situations helped me eliminate some of those jitters.

sorry to be autistic about it but suppressing thought is actually near impossible for a normal practitioner, people often think they aren't thinking (notice the paradox) when they meditate and it misleads them. Only people that can do this are advanced buddhist monks. There is really nothing wrong with wandering thoughts during meditation, you just have to notice that you're wandering off and go back to your anchor point which for most people is the breath.

exceedingly weak bait

Will Meditation make me happy?

a good way to know if someone has a sub 110IQ is that they use the term "wasting time" unironically

where do you live? how much money you got?

exactly pig.

Did vipassana for 2 years properly because I was depressed and tried to kms. First ssri pills but then I ditched it. So the 2 years where without the lexapro. Idk like after first 4 months I plateud with the progression of emotional control and insight that it was supposed to give and even know if I do it for 2 weeks barely nothing.
2012-2014 was the meditation period.

At one time I used to be exactly like you user. Yet another balding obese 5'5 tall 48yo poor depressed Pakistani doing a shitty callcenter job.
But then I woke up, read Jordan Peterson's book, cleaned my room, went to the gym, meditated 2hrs every day, worked on my confidence and now I am a 29yo 6'3 ripped upper income anglosaxon Chad from NYC.
Just sort yourself out we are nothing but atoms.

Attached: 1532019579100.jpg (720x1024, 92K)

>Dan Pena
lol

>i only sleep 2 hours

stopped watching there

>caring about some what some wrinkly old youtube faggot says
just lmao @ you if you unironically watch hours of this content

>If you were part of a retarded cult why did you eventually stop going?
Strong dickriding right here

>taking advice from jews

No

How does one start to meditate ?

send me $7.99 month and i'll tell you
people making any money from meditation is a memescam

>I only take one day off
>the highest holy Jewish day
Stopped watching there.

Yes

a good way to know that someone is a gifted idiot is if they mention IQ scores.

Dan Pena is a fucking faggot.

>Peak of his career ended back in the early 90's, when the Board of the literal nobody natural resources company he helped start as a tax shelter for shady characters told him to fuck off for being a useless charlatan
>Did literally nothing of note since then but start an "investment group" on a tax-haven island that never attracted any substantial capital or did any investment of note before pivoting into a smoke and mirrors """coaching""" business selling hype to wantrepreneur faggots

You want to know what's mental masturbation? Fantasizing about abusing yourself into success while letting nobody faggots like Pena blow smoke up your ass.

Attached: 1520998913035.jpg (283x352, 41K)

NO!

Vipassana confirmed based as fuck
They even refuse to let you pay for it if you go on a retreat
PS hope you're doing ok now, user. You should pick up meditation again, but I'm glad you're getting help

anyone have the "starting sit" infographic? I must have deleted it or something

Warren Buffett and Chris Sacca are absolutely adamant about the fact that a constant process of reading and learning has been critical to their success, and are known to cite lists of several different books as particularly influential must-reads for anybody who wants to get ahead in life.

Is whoever told you that books are for morons more successful than them? No? Cool.

Actually yes. See the study cited in

It took me 2 weeks of 15-20 minutes a day to notice a marked difference. By the one month mark it was huge. Literally just focus on the feeling of your breath
youtube.com/watch?v=aAVPDYhW_nw