rows?

Attached: IMG_1770.jpg (800x800, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rNjwZ1fxtCQ
t-nation.com/training/barbell-rows-for-batwings
youtu.be/6XRhX6LHYwo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rows.

People should do more of them, and they are really underemphasized in beginner routines

Rows!

i'm doing 5/3/1 and want to do barbell rows once a week. what should my set/rep scheme be? don't say 5x10

Do cable rows and bodyweight rows, not barbell rows. You can get a way better contraction when your arms can move freely.

underhand or overhand?
I'm a beginner and underhand feels way better, overhand impinges nerves in my right wrist and elbow for some reason.

Rows, my dude.

if overhand causes you pain then obviously you should do them underhand

3x8 2 times a week nice and heavy

Pendlay rows are king. I hit 110kgx6 today come at me.

brah rows are a compound exercise they shouldnt even be compared

Well the reps for rows are really quick so you’ll need more of them to match the time under tension of other movements. Aim for 15-20 seconds

Underhand works your lower lats more and is easier for me. Always finish off with facepulls of course

Do I need to do rows if I already deadlift and do weighted pull ups and chin ups?

not like that

Reminder that Yates style BB rows are superior to conventional BB rows when it comes to actually building a massive back.

The explosive style 90 degree BB rows from the floor (pendlay rows) are, although good for developing explosive strength, nearly useless for building muscle.

Attached: Dorian-Yates-Back-Workout-Anabolic-Bodies[1].jpg (1024x576, 42K)

3x5, pendlay type

I think compound lifts is just a meme.
Scooby1961 for example is very strong and could deadlift a lot of weight, but he trains mostly isolation movements. It all carries over.

the rom on these is so unnatural feeling, i hate it.

i cant tell if im doing them wrong, it feels like shrugging

none of the videos have helped

winner

you mightve just fixed it for me thanks

> youtube.com/watch?v=rNjwZ1fxtCQ

you accidentally posted on the wrong thread, here's the real one

rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows rows

cheat rows bb

best way to build that back

BEST rows
(Non-negotiable)

Attached: 10AA97EE-0500-4460-8308-D28076FF0AD5.jpg (713x399, 34K)

Nope, just do facepulls if you already do deadlifts/chinups.

if you ever do rows, do them in place of deadlifts as a temp break from deadlifits

I'm running 5/3/1 as well. I do rows (bb, smith, or tbar, switch every once in a while so I can continue to cycle the load) after my deadlifts as a supplemental movement. 4x8 has been just heavy enough for progressive overload but a doable amount of volume.

wait...are you not supposed to be low enough where you can touch the floor on the way down?

Different type of row. What you're thinking of is called a Pendlay row.

hmm
does one have greater benefits over the other? im just doing greyskull lp right now about a month in and I just did what showed up during a google and video search

whast thsi callde

row row row your row, gently row the row

Attached: bd4ab159.png (1054x526, 39K)

>Row
STOP DOING THIS

Attached: images.jpg (224x224, 16K)

More weight, more natural position, better control over the extension of your arms. I started with pendlay and switched to Yates, don't miss them.

HEY FAGGOT
WHAT'S THIS CALLED

I call it inverted row

>Estrogen rows
>Best rows

Jeff recommended rows for rare delts actually

Checked and pendlaypilled

Last monday I was doing these overhand and woke up with ulnar nerve pain. Feels like a non-stop funny bone pain. Fucking sucks.

You can see the dude's wrist bent to fuck in the first picture, horrible position.

Does anyone get dizzy after a full set of barbell rows?

I can't do any variation of barbell rows without that cracking, twingy, crunchy "im headed for a wheelchair" feeling in my lower back.
Deadlifts are fine. Squats are fine. But i cannot get this shit right.

row row row the bar
gently with your lats
merrily merrily building back
careful not to snap

I like mine well done
roe

Attached: file.png (355x355, 221K)

AAAAAARGH

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 889K)

5x10

You need to "bend" the bar to get that contraction during rows.

Obviously it's not gonna bend, but you have to try and bend it

is there a problem if I do them mixed grip? its way easier that way

Other than potential muscle imbalances? You look like a retard
Seriously, why would you need mixed grip? How weak is your grip compared to your back?

And plenty of juice

I guess it's because of the tention you maintain in lower body.

If your going to do rows, which are completely unnecessary if your doing; chins, deadlifts, ohp
1. At the bottom of the rep, it should touch the floor OR below your knee caps, unless your doing Yates rows with 495lbs.
2. Rows are basically deadlifts with elbow flexion. Ie get your deadlift to 455-495 before you do them
3. If you don’t have a 455-495 deadlift, do chin up/neutral grip chins/lat pull downs if fat and lots of face pulls
4. If your doing ss or sl, make sure you add in 2x50 or 4x25 facepulls

Rows are deadlifts with elbow flexion. If you want a big back, I would focus first on getting your deadlift to 455, then on rows for assitance. If you do deadlifts with straps, ignore rows altogether. They just help with core stablity and imbalances from mixed grip deadlifts.
Use facepulls/chins or powercleans.
5. Powercleans and chin ups together are far superior to rows. But cleans are hard to learn.
6. As stated before get a big deadlift Ie 455-495 for back development. Rows are really not useful for this. Focus on your deadlift. Straps keep your body even, but your forearms will suffer, so strapless rows will grow your forearms

I'm not convinced...

t-nation.com/training/barbell-rows-for-batwings

Chins are basically a row where you row the entire universe

Yeah he should take a wider grip

just lol if youre not doing best rows
brb more athletic movement with superior lat contraction, superior lat stretch and no lower back injury risk
never had the problem of not feeling my lats during rows after switching from bb rows to these

Attached: one arm high cable row.png (414x276, 80K)

Rows vs.seated cable rows?

Conventional vs Pendlay, thought?

youtu.be/6XRhX6LHYwo

check this out
really helped me with feeling my back muscles

Attached: EB back.jpg (928x522, 53K)

Yates said that pic wasnt him on JRE

What a terrible demonstration? Wear so many layers of coats you can’t see anything at all.

Straya cunt pull-ups

HEY GUYS JEFF CAVIAR ATHLEANX DOT COM

Looks very JoJoish

Australian pullups

unironically inverted rows

Why are all these retards talking about barbell rows when dumbbell rows are objectively superior, and look cooler?

Pendlays
Based

Attached: Bloat_respect.gif (200x197, 821K)

Whats your opinion on T-seal rows?

I have heavy-ish dumbbells that can get to like 40-50 kg (110lbs) easily so i wonder if i could use them with it, but what would be the benefits opposed to just doing a normal row?

Attached: 23523523.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Currently at 115kg x7 for 5 sets, at 90kg bw 6'3.

Easiest way to learn how recruit lats properly.

Cable rows?
Yes please.

Attached: 1544532667591.gif (320x180, 1.79M)