/fast/ - #382 - DON'T BE DECEIVED EDITION

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent farting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. You won't have the willpower to fast that low.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes, you Hmong.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast Q&A: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

previous

Attached: Don't be DECEIVED DO NOT EAT Don't be DECEIVED DO NOT EAT Don't be DECEIVED DO NOT EA (1328x748, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L22vFOQaEAc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do I fats ?

stop eating

if you plan to stop for >2 days drink saltwater instead of regular water

I FAST 6 DAYS A FUCKING WEEK WITH ONLY 1 DAY OF REST AND MY TITS ARE STILL HERE WHAT THE FUCK

transition :^)

can electrolytes supplement replace snake juice?

Attached: electrolytes.jpg (436x762, 85K)

does it count as fasting if you eat like one apple a day

Finished up day 5, 10 pounds down. caffeine headaches are gone and i'm in keto moderately now. Feel fine desu

No but you will get similar results from the caloric restriction alone. Problem is that your metabolism will go down if when you eat, you eat less than you need.

Your body responds differently to when you eat nothing vs a little bit of food.

The snake diet website seems to advocate 24/48 hour feed when you're at your ideal weight and want to maintain. Do you actually eat 2 days worth of food after 48 hours, or do you end up eating less?

It's a recommendation, but Cole always says to find a schedule that fits you.

why? snake juice at home costs pennies while supps cost asstons of money?

One apple a day won't kick you out of ketosis

i have a question
why is that when i fast i get so fucking cold?
my hands are feet are always freezing no matter the temperature outside which is always above 30

12 hrs in lads. Got lots of questions.
Can I drink more or less than 2L of snake juice daily?
Can I drink plain water on top of the 2L of sj?
>Do I need a multivitamin? No
But can I take MVs while fasting?
Can I take protein shakes on refeed?

>Can I drink plain water on top of the 2L of sj?
i always drink way more than 2l of plain water

It's normal for that to happen.

5’6”
Starting Weight: (January 7th )175
Current Weight: (February 9th) 160

I plan on starting two different 48 Hour fasts his week. The 72 hour fast was unbearably long. After those fasts then I’ll briefly go OMAD for a The weekend. How does that sound?

but why tho?

Snakes don't have hands or feet

Google it.

hey guys i want to change my routine to do 48s instead of 72 since im starting to get so fucking hungry and i want to be able work out will i still see progress?

hey guys this is a but off topic but fasting thought me to value my time
time goes away really fast so dont waste it here do something else productive i cant believe the ammount of time i have spent shitposintg

True enough.

It seems that the only people who have success with fasting are people who are already grossly overweight. Is there anyone who fasted to get from a reasonable bf% to lean? I'm roughly 20~25% at 80kg and hoping to cut down 10kg over the next 3 months. I'm currently 24 hours going for 5 days. How much can I reasonably expect to lose on a week long fast?

any one else torture themselves watching food related thing on tv and jewtube and browsing /ck/?
feeling hunger and deciding to not eat feels good

Yes it works for lean fags too. Check out Cole Robinson's IG.

Just tried this for the first time. Why the fuck am i energized/alert???

I havent eaten for 22 hours and only had water/coffee/sparkling water.

I chew four 2mg gums of nicotine daily
they nuke my appetite completely. I can't do this on willpower alone bros. I'm not addicted to it at all, I'd be perfectly happy to stop it when I'm done fasting.

>Why the fuck am i energized/alert???
are you a fat fuck?

Adrenalin spike.

Im at 20-25% bf, so I guess.

Eat one meal a week for 2 months. Finally finish and eat for 2 days. Gain 10lbs but keep eating a lot. Day 3 piss a lot and day 4 for shit a lot. 10lbs gone.

i dont get it
you gain 10 lbs in 2 days and they are gone because you took a shit?

how much weight did you loose in those two months

God I just want abbs, but I don't think I'll eve achieve it. I've been stuck in the upper 150's for months. I want to kill myself.

You actually need to work out too you know. It's not like everyone has perfectly worked abdominal muscles. It's like getting thin and expecting to see a juicy bicep with definition and veins. Won't happen unless you lift.

I know I ate a lot. But there was no way I eat 10lbs worth of calories. I was probably being held as water weight and then released.
35lbs. Had some weak days and cheat days. But got the job done. Now I want to lose another 15lbs. Might hit ottermode if I do.

I understand that, but I have such a high body fat percentage that I still can't see my abbs. I retain so much fucking fat around my stomach relative to the rest of my body it's retarded.

Down 32 pounds since January 10th doing one meal a week and diet soda. Starting a three week run tomorrow with no breaks, no diet soda. Feel confidant, lads.

Attached: E1BD9702-40CD-49E3-80E6-96F7572AEBD2.jpg (720x540, 68K)

I thought fast would help with this problem, but it possibly makes it worse. All my life I was able to regurgitate ice cream at will, eventually it became most dairy products. And over time it's become most food. The problem isn't the regurgitation it's when I burp after eating food comes up. Does anyone know what causes this? I imagine the food floats at the top of the stomach and maybe my sphincter is loose or something no idea if that's possible

I was outside with my friends yesterday and my teeth were chattering, they didn't even find it remotely cold.

I have been doing OMAD but fuck, I can't keep going, I seriously feel like I'm gonna faint and get really HUNGRY, and it's funny because I have been doing OMAD for the last three months plus intense cardio, it helped me to lose lots of weigh, I used to be 190 lb, I'm now a 162 lb, 5'11 ft manlet

My goal is to reach 158 lb minimum

Also, should I start lifting or cutting more? Pic is me

Attached: PhotoEditor_20190205_195342791.jpg (1920x2560, 3.75M)

do you get the shakes?

Shakes?

I have restless leg syndrome and it's 2-3 times worse on fast if that's what you're asking

well when im holding my phone or a glass of water i can see my hand shake but i do not feel the shakes

Get down to a 28-30" waistline and then see.

Nice nipples

Ahh, I didn't notice, but like I said my teeth were chattering, and they never chatter even when I'm cold normally. I don't really get the shakes normally either

Wish I understood it, but I have no idea how OMAD can ever be difficult, especially if you've been doing it for three months. Might be inappropriate, but aren't you just whining?

Slow metabolism, it passes after you get used to fasting. It did for me, anyway. Even as a fatass I used more layers of clothing than skinny people because of it in the beginning.

Attached: 1548543006390.png (366x292, 111K)

That being said I've been wearing a hoody the entire time during the fast rarely take it off. It's crazy I can feel it getting looser over the course of the fast.

Teeth chattering is your body rubbing against itself to produce heat from friction. It's just because you were cold, and you were cold because your metabolism was low and your body isn't used to burning fat yet.

>getting looser over the course of the fast.
this happened to me but with my pants i used 34s now i have to buy 32s

I'm not whining but I feel like my body needs more energy, I feel sleepy and I have a very BAD humor when I'm doing OMAD, I did OMAD without troubles but now it's getting more difficult, I can easily skip breakfast and eat around 3 or 4 pm but I get hungry at nights

Starvation is bad, OK?

Weight loss is largely a matter of reducing calories and increasing activity. So if 500 fewer calories a day than you need to maintain is good, 2000 less is better, right? Not really. Because below a certain threshold, your body thinks you are one of those starving refugees on TV, and does a bunch of things that hurt your long-term weight loss.

Read that again: starving is a bad way to lose weight.

Why this is so:

Your metabolism slows down. Your body will burn fewer calories to maintain itself, and you will feel awful. This is bad for weight loss because as soon as you quit starving yourself, you'll gain weight fast because your metabolism has bottomed out.
You will tend to lose muscle more than fat. Your body will naturally try to conserve fat and cannibalize muscle if it thinks it is outright starving. This is bad because your real goal is FAT loss, not weight loss. This is how you have people who lose 100 pounds and reach their "ideal" weight, but still look amazingly flabby. Also, losing muscle slows your metabolism down even further, amplifying the giant horrible rebound effect once you quit starving yourself.
Your life will be a living hell. You'll eventually feel horrible, the diet will fail, and you'll binge eat and regain everything you lost, plus interest.

You want to run a clear-cut, but tolerable calorie deficit to sustain weight loss over the long term. Very obese people may be put on very low calorie diets by their doctor, but these are medically supervised and designed for people who need to lose weight now or suffer severe health problems. Be safe and stick to 500 fewer calories a day than you burn, which is the equivalent of one pound lost per week.

im not reading all that shit nigga

probably cant read it because youre too tired from starving

That's boredom. It's way harder to fast when you are free to do what you wish. I eat three meals a week, and I deliberately put two of those on saturday and sunday just so I could endure having the whole day to myself, otherwise I'd eat even if I wasn't supposed to. You have to be smart about when you eat.
If you feel like your body needs more energy, try changing things up a bit, either start eating at night instead of during the day, or try alternate daily fasting but eat twice in a day a nothing in the other, and see how things change. However, there is a very high likelyhood that things will settle down and you'll be just fine if you just keep going without changing anything too, it's really up to you to decide how hard it is to continue.

Attached: 1545972064823 - Copia.jpg (736x780, 75K)

Why would our body cannibalize muscle instead of fat first, that's terribly inefficient.

How did starvation mode myth start? Why would there be any logical reason the body would canabalize muscle before stored fat, which is there for the purpose of sustenance when starving

Because the only real studies were people who probably fasted for like a day or two, when the body is still burning off all the glycogen and other nutrients it has free floating before it feels the need to start resorting to the body for nutrients.

muscle is more energy dense

you dense retard read the sticky

you are being incoherent. likely an effect from your starvation. please eat. you are loved. (not by me)

I'll entertain you.

>Your metabolism slows down
Wrong. CICO slows down metabolism, fasting doesn't. You can watch Dr. Fung's lectures on the studies done for this.

>You will tend to lose muscle more than fat.
Wrong again, it's a ridiculous argument. Why would your body store fat for fuel if when you really need it and are at a period of starvation during caveman days you'll burn your muscle and not be able to hunt again. It's a retarded argument. There is a small period of protein consumption from fasting, while your body ups fat burning to supply your caloric needs, and then it stabilizes to normal.

>You'll eventually feel horrible, the diet will fail, and you'll binge eat and regain everything you lost, plus interest.

Over 20kg down. Stop with your momscience headcanon, user.

i literally quoted the sticky

you are being incoherent user, likely from your lack of eating. you are not thinking clearly. eat something, healthy.

You replied without reading, so why should I care what you say?

But all of the people here have way more fat than they have muscle. And why would the body choose muscle over fat when they have more fat? Sure if you're just like 20lbs over what you want to be your body might start using muscle, but if you're 300lbs and don't lift you're simply just going to have more fat (with nutrients in it that the body needs, I might add) than muscle, and it would be stupid for your body to burn off all your muscle that you could use to hunt and gather food with before your fat. Also, anything that applies to starvation would also apply to calorie restriction.

Thanks, I guess I'm gonna eat a little more during my meal time, I guess I'm not eating too much during my meal time.

What are you saying, muscle is more calorie dense therefore your body burns it earlier? Why would that be the case?

What this.

youtube.com/watch?v=L22vFOQaEAc

you are being incoherent, likely an effect of your starvation. please eat something, and return to our discussion afterwards.

Alright, you fucking nigger, you argue like a communist and you're retarded so go die.

I was considering pairing intermittent fasting with a ketogenic diet.

Would 16:8 be ideal?

And do that means for example, i could eat from 10am-6p.m. only and all other times im fasting?

You're treating two people as one, friend. Also, you're not actually discussing something, you're just doing ad hominem, which means you have no interest to learn.
Shame on you for being this retarded.

eat

you will be flabby disgusting and weak after this fad diet

That's correct, just don't get your hopes up if you heard fasting does X and Y, because most effects from fasting are from longer term fasting, not as little as 16h. If you're just trying to lose weight and regulate your insulin production during the day though, what you're doing is fine.

While i expected the keto to do most of the work.

would it be wiser to do a stricter version to speed up the weight loss?

For your information I just had a giant steak burrito with cheese and sour cream and I can still tell you you're full of shit.

Fuck I thought I was alone! Yes I actually like getting high, browsing /ck/ and watching those 60 second recipes on Facebook while fasting. It's a sick pleasure to do it with the munchies. I can't explain it but I love it.

NIGGER

also i can almost cum to those pics but when i eat is a huge "meh" and i think i broke my fast for this shit?

You probably won’t need snake juice until 60-72 hours in... but you will need it. You can drink regular water too.

Nice b8 m8

It's up to you. Fasting is very flexible, and you should experiment with your "tolerance" (read willpower) first. I started with OMAD, and it took a while but I got fully used to it and it became easy. I didn't do keto however, so your mileage may vary. I recommend you follow through with 16-8 first and see how that goes. It'll likely not be difficult, if doing keto normally isn't a problem for you.

It's always like that. Carry on, my spiritual idren.

I know that feeling. I began learning how to cook so I can make sure that the meal I break my fast doesn't disappoint me, otherwise I will have an uphill battle against myself, trying to explain how being unsatisfied by my meal doesn't mean I get to eat something else. It's silly when you word it out but that kind of stupid idea has power when it's talking too close to your desire.

will eating small portions in a refeed is good? to loose weight? when i finish my fast i usually pick up taste stuff like boneless chicken wings or pizza but or big ass stakes but if i were to eat like veggies and stuff?

Depends how long your fasts are. If they're short, then your refeed being low cal isn't that much of a problem, if you're going for longer fasts then you can eat more. The key is what is the point of a low cal refeed, at some point it's better just to increase the time your fast for and compensate it with a better refeed later.

How difficult it is for OMAD with carbs?

i ususally just eat 6 chicken wings or 2 stakes wen finishing a 72

>Can I drink more or less than 2L of snake juice daily?
>Can I drink plain water on top of the 2L of sj?
YES AND YES.

START WORKING OUT, TAKE BORAX, AND BE PATIENT. CONSIDER DOING A DRY FASTING ROUTINE.

YOUR BODY POOLS ITS RESOURCES TO PROCESS BODY FAT, SIMILAR TO HOW IT TRIES TO KEEP YOUR CORE WARM IF YOU'RE OUT IN COLD WEATHER.

OMEOD IS GOOD. JUST DON'T BE RECKLESS ON YOUR REFEEDS AND CONSIDER HITTING THE GYM.

OF COURSE. SEE MY REPLY ABOVE.

>the sticky is bait
ok

>START WORKING OUT, TAKE BORAX, AND BE PATIENT. CONSIDER DOING A DRY FASTING ROUTINE.
nigger i have been fasting for like 2months and I DO work out when fasting, what are some good dry fasting routines?

It's fine. Probably a bit on the low-cal side actually. If you can handle refeeding that little, can't you just up the amount of time fasting? Or are you completely full with that?

i have tried but i always end it up breaking it on the 72 mark, i have read that after 72 gets easier, im gonna try next week going for a 5 day but without working out to see if i not feel dizzy on day 3

5 days is snake juice territory, so try it. If you can do 72h and only refeed that much, then you're doing fine. But make sure that you can even when your mood swings and such, it's just good practice to prepare against circumstances outside your control.

FASTING GIVES YOU PLENTY OF TIME FOR SELF REFLECTION. IT REALLY MAKES YOU WONDER WHY YOU'RE WASTING SO MUCH TIME OF YOUR LIFE DOING SOMETHING THAT ISN'T GOING TO BRING YOU ANY HAPPINESS.

GOOD! BE WEARY OF THE HUNGER SPIKES WHEN YOU DROP THE DIET SODA IN COMBINATION WITH THE RUNNING. LET'S NOT FORGET THE CAFFEINE WITHDRAWALS.

CONTINUE BUMPING THE THREAD, PLEASE.

YOUR BITCHTITS WILL TAKE TIME TO ADDRESS. HOW LONG DID YOU HAVE THEM DEVELOP? AND DO YOU HAVE PICTURES TO DIAGNOSE HOW BAD THEY ARE?
FIRST, FIND OUT WHY YOU HAVE GYNO SO YOU CAN ATTACK THE PROBLEM WITH BETTER DIRECTION. IS IT HIGH ESTROGEN? IF SO, WHAT'S CAUSING IT? A BITCHASS VEGAN DIET? YOU ON PILLS? YOU JACKOFF 50 TIMES A DAY? WHATEVER IT IS, FIND OUT THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM AND CUT OFF BAD HABITS.
SECOND, IF YOU'RE LEAN ENOUGH, DO SHORTER FASTING ROUTINES AND LIFT FOR HYPERTROPHY AND STRENGTH TO BUILD LEAN MUSCLE MASS. THIS WILL INCREASE YOUR T-LEVELS NATURALLY AND COULD HELP YOUR TITTY TRIBULATIONS.
WITH THAT SAID, A DRY FASTING ROUTINE IS SOMETHING THAT YOU COULD DO, BUT IT'S GOING TO BE TOUGH, IT'S GOING TO TAKE A LONG FUCKING TIME, AND IT'S GOING TO TAKE PERSEVERANCE. YOU CAN DO SOMETHING LIKE 23H DRY FASTING ROUTINES REFEEDING WITH CUCUMBERS (LIKE 1KG A DAY) ALONG WITH YOUR PROTEIN MACROS. YOU CAN ALSO DO OMAD FOR THE DAYS YOU HIT THE GYM AND JUST DRY FAST WHEN YOU'RE NOT AT THE GYM.
IF YOUR FLAPPY TITS ARE CAUSING YOU MUCH CHAGRIN, GO GET SOME COACHING FROM THE SNAKE DIET GROUP, THEY HAVE PEOPLE THAT HAVE DEALT WITH THIS PROBLEM BEFORE AND THEY'LL BE A MUCH BETTER RESOURCE.

I don't full understand what borox does and I watched his video

BORAX MIGHT INCREASE YOUR TESTOSTERONE LEVELS, AS IT HAS DONE FOR ME. 1/16TH TO 1/8TH *TEASPOON* PER DAY.
ALSO, EAT SOME EGG YOLKS PER REFEED, LIKE 4-6.

Can you answer this?

Did you watch his video where he mixes ACV and baking soda? They cancel each other out because of that. I like what cole has to say, and I just ordered the obesity code on audiobook. I just wonder if he really thought things through instead of shooting at the hip more