Scared to go to gym

Hi Jow Forums. Looking for some serious advice.
I have recently signed up for a local gym but can not bring myself to go and workout.
For 3 days in a row I have driven to the gym and just sat in my car, too scared to go in.
Why am I like this?

Attached: prayingmantis.png (415x497, 378K)

What are you scared about?

What people will think of me. Scared that they will be looking at me and laughing

>reddit

Attached: index.jpg (258x196, 10K)

noone cares and noone will give you a second thought or look

Stop being such a pussy. Every person you're terrified will "judge" you started exactly where you are.

Nobody gives a shit about you. I'm serious. They're there to lift weights, not think about you. Even if you're fat, you're at least a fat person in the gym sorting themselves out, so why would they think poorly of you? Besides, who are these people to you, and why would you let strangers' opinion of you steal your gains?

JUST FUCKING GO

Literally just go. The first step will be the hardest, every one after that gets a little easier. As long as you go in with a good idea of what you're doing and don't try to make shit up nobody will look twice at you

Attached: 1469285413316.jpg (568x479, 28K)

I'm laughing at you right now for being a bitch m8. no one gives 2 shits about your terrible form and physique. Now grow a pair, get in there and lift some heavy shit.

No one will care, everyone at the gym is too up their own ass to care about some dyle benching 10kgs.

god u are a narcissistic retardliterally no one gives a fuk about u nor do they care if u are in the gym, and even if they did why do you care. just stay a fucking dyel less competition for me

The only people I laugh at when I'm in the gym are the ones who don't go to the gym.

ok mate. let me share with you. i started lifting. i could only bench press the bar. squats were 10kg max. rows like 20kg max. pull-ups assisted as fuck.

old dudes at the gym would help me out with my form. there was no negativity. after the first week more dudes would help out cuss they saw i was a novice. i was awkward as shit. clumsy droping shit like a fag. they understood. gym bros are bros. just dont go to a gym with a lot of women, this isn't like an incel thing its just real talk. they're gain goblins

Everyone is laughing at you. Don't go.

If you're scared to start lifting because people will judge you, then start using the treadmills.

Don't worry about getting strong or getting more stamina at first.

Focus on just getting use to being in the gym.

Most people there were scared to go in at some point, just like you are now. There’s nothing to worry about. Everyone is there to improve and get better. Everyone started from zero. Go.

>girls are gains goblins
i workout harder when i see a girl i want to bang.

I fart really bad. Im married though and no desire for stranger poon

If I can go, you can go. I'm a serious autist, Im about to work out but I bought some buckets and I'm going to ask them if I can stash them somewhere and this is a big thing for me.

I saw the last xqc thread and never thought I would see this skeleton here again ,I almost spat out my drink when I heart he actually went to the gym,Pepega Clap

They’re already thinking bad things and laughing at those who don’t work out. You can only go up in their opinion.

> buckets
Whut?

Felt the same way, booked an induction session. PT showed me about, showed me correct technique on the basic lifts. Helped get over the threshold then it was easier after that. People will help you if you are polite, be humble.

If you have true humility, people will never laugh at you. You recognise that you are a beginner, that you have a long way to go, but you want to improve.
Why would anyone ever laugh at you for that?
Inner strength comes from true humility, recognising where you are and that you can ALWAYS improve. This will stop you from both insecurity, arrogance and excessive pride

You need a psychiatrist not a gym

it's ok, just remember to tip the receptionist

>be humble.

Mate, I once got stuck under a bar when benching and had to ask for help. Another time I squatted too fast, lost my balance and tipped forward, slammed the bar on the rack so hard that people from another floor came down to see what was that all about.
And nobody gave a shit.

>Be me, starting at new gym
>seems normal enough, except for one kinda ripped guy in a monkey face tank top who is just losing his shit
>nonstop laughter, tears are running down his face, the whole nine yards
>HAHAHAHAHA WHAT A FUCKING LOSER AHAHAHAHAH!
>decide that seems kind of mean spirited but I don't want to judge so I go over and ask him who he's laughing at
>he turns and looks me dead in the eye
>I'm laughing at all the people who don't go to the gym.

I only laugh at idiot teenagers almost killing themselves with more weight than they can handle. The skeletons and the fatties who are just trying to learn the ropes and improve their health are fine.

i enjoyed this

just fucking go, no one gives a hoot about you

Attached: photo_2019-01-29_20-51-06.jpg (1280x1180, 213K)

Seriously the only thing lads look at in the gym is thots, even then it’s with stealth. all you are is a dark shape that might get in my way occasionally.

As in don't be ashamed/too proud to lift low weight as a beginner

no one will laugh if you tip the receptionist and stick to machines

better to lift light and small than tip over and make a fool of your self trying to bite off more than you can chew. no one will judge you for the former but will think you're an ass for the latter

exactly, don't overtip the receptionist but don't forget to tip

Is he finally gonna leave skelly mode, bros?

Attached: 1549764512081.jpg (800x266, 89K)

Agreed

Doesn’t matter what they lift, noticed one lad doing squats for multiple sets. Then i he went on leg press next to me, stuck 250kgs on and got stuck at the bottom. I was in that much of a daydream that I didn’t notice till the third time he yelled out for help. Was funny as i was maxed out from OHP and it needed two of us to lift it up. If anything i was impressed at the balls he had going to max.

Attached: 6A757694-0B14-40D6-A3E7-208E8136E48B.png (710x577, 44K)

thats different. if some lad is squating and and decided to put on 190kg on the bar when he cant manage 40kg and injures the shit out of him self you're not going to think highly of the lad for going max because he was a fucking idiot. if you load up a machine with some stupid weight most machines will save you from murdering your self. tipping a weights offf a barbell or smashing our foot or your neighbors foot isnt cool

Well yeah, just watch enough yt videos on correct form. Scooby etc.

Don’t worry they will

get a membership at a 24/7 gym and go in the middle of the night until you get more confidence

do you sleep during the day like dracula?

Dude I'm a fucking 160cm manlet that just started going to the gym last week and I wasn't worried about being laughed at. So get in there and start getting gains

Stop thinking that you're the center of attention everywhere this isn't highschool anymore

Literally nobody cares. Just go and better yourself user

You're literally an NPC and not even a supporting character. No one will give a shit about you.

They would if he was a shitskin foreigner

hopefully pvc will stick too it, and motivate more skellys to go to the gym

Attached: 98898.jpg (500x368, 45K)

Mate a gym is less embarassing than a pool. Just go in, find the dumbbells and curl something for a few days until you figure out your place.

>Helpful and understanding older gym bros

My gym is part of a college filled with preppy lacross chads. I'm 30 years old. I'm a weakling and every time I try to hit the weight room, I end up getting muscle soreness and am afraid of going back the next day in case I really damage something. By skipping a day or two, I never get a routine started and never make any progress.

stop being a pussy and get the juice

user no one is there to worry about you, go in there and do some work, think about how happy you'll be in a month of going and improving your life, the gym is supposed to be fun go and have some fun

>Mate a gym is less embarassing than a pool.
That doesn't help, I'm too embarrassed to go to the pool as well because of my man titties.

Well done.

All these kind replies and then you make fun of someone for squatting and post it in cringe threads

One of the best ways to conquer anxiety is to face it, user. The more you go, the easier it’ll get. No one will be paying attention to you. You could try just going to the gym. Don’t even have to do anything, just get into the habit or do the treadmill and then as you get more comfortable, you can branch out. Good luck user