Do you argue with normies when they’re wrong about fitness stuff?

Do you argue with normies when they’re wrong about fitness stuff?
> visit family over Christmas
> the topic of weightloss comes up
> one of my older brothers wants to lose weight
> mom recommends he talks to me because ive bulked/cut a couple times
> he tells me his diet
> biggest flaw is that he drinks pop and he’ll have a couple bowls of cereal before bed
> i just tell him to cut out soft drinks, and keep the cereal to one bowl or less
> different brother who knows nothing about fitness tells him not to eat after 6pm
> says it all goes straight to fat
> i tell him that all eating late does is make your tummy hurt in bed
> the time doesn’t matter, he’s just getting alot of calories in
> he argues with me about that
> i end up dropping it because i stopped caring

Should i have kept arguing? Or should i just not talk about health/fitness stuff around normies

Attached: 9EBB5ECE-4A9B-4003-80FF-A68753355A78.jpg (750x483, 334K)

imagine thinking the placement of the sun tells your body to convert food to fat lmao

Why did you recommend a diet and not working out?
Also, I really like face tattoos on girls for some reason.

>and he’ll have a couple bowls of cereal before bed

My roommate does this, and actively brags about it for some reason, like he's proud to be holding onto the diabetes soup he's eaten since he was a kid.

Normies are retards at fitness. At least your family understand about bulking and cutting. While doing my dreamer bulk to hit 1+/2+/3+/4+ I got lectured on how no top athletes eat McDoubles. Now that I am cutting on the steak & eggs diet I get told stupid 1990s opinions on cholesterol. Reeeee

Attached: Bulking-vs-Cutting.jpg (660x419, 27K)

I don't argue anything because it's not worth it. Just continue on with your own pursuit and let them have it.

Google circadian rhythm.
Your body can handle food at night, but it handles insulin way better during the day.

Cause theres no way he’ll workout. Im not going to barrage him with too mich information. Just wanted to give him baby steps so he doesnt quit on me.

>stupid 1990s opinions on cholesterol.
You mean, medically sound opinions on cholesterol. All of the studies showing that increased dietary cholesterol doesn't raise ldl levels in the blood use subjects that already eat a diet high in cholesterol. Studies that add cholesterol to the diests of subjects that eat were eating a low cholesterol diet do show increases in ldl levels when cholesterol heavy foods are added.

So ldl only increases when you weren't eating much cholesterol anyway?

My recent trick when people spout dumb shit is just asking how or why it occurs in a genuine fashion.
>eating after 6 just ends up turning into fat
>how?
9/10 times they cant answer

My brother and i have stopped arguing with family long ago on topics like bodybuilding,fitness,nutrition and weightlifting. It's just a lost cause you know
Especially when their only arguments are "You two always seem to know everything there is to know about every topic" like bitch yes i know what the fuck i'm talking about

The worst part is when the topic is about losing weight or health,jesus fucking christ that's the worst.When a relative starts a sentence with "I've been doing this detox thing lately" or "currently trying this new diet i've read in Cosmo" during a family dinner, you just know eyes are going to roll and sighs will be heard

No.
People who want to get in shape get in shape. Other people don't. Why even bother asking if you don't want to actually put effort in it?
Like if I was in OP's position and I am a person who has bulked/cut before and am obviously in good shape and am the only person who knows what he's talking about and people still choose to listen to somebody who doesn't know what he's talking about then there's simply no point in wasting energy convincing people otherwise. If you look at a fit person, ask him for advice, you get it and you go around and listen to some average moe telling you what he read online, then you are simply either too stupid to know who to listen to or you actually don't really want to be fit and just want to talk about things.

Best thing to do is pretend to have an epiphany during the convo and just start repeatedly telling them they're right about everything.
>Ooooh, man. You know what, I just realized you're right, my bad
>Really?
>Yeah, about X Y Z, yup, I was wrong

You gotta walk that line of being just sincere enough to convince them that they are right, while at the same time being obviously disingenuous. It makes them super uncomfortable but they won't know why or can't say anything because you've got plausible deniability.

I started doing this because a few of my former friends and family just loooove arguing and drama, so you just steal their thunder and deflate them.

Based physiology bro.

I don’t need to argue with them because I’m a certified trainer, l didn’t study anything special to get the cert but because there’s a piece of paper that says l know what I’m doing my family comes to me for advice
Now ask me if they follow that advice and we have a different situation

The medical consensus around the world is that dietary fat and cholesterol is bad for you.

They also never have any business giving advice do they?
My dad is a complete fucking fatass. Junk food, sweets, alcohol, just plain unhealthy shit, you name it. He insists on trying to tell me that
>You don't need to change what you eat, just do some crunches. Worked for me, heh!
At some point in the distant past he used to lift, but he stopped when he married. I love him, but it's pathetic and annoying.

Attached: 1549623669154.png (651x403, 453K)

Passive-aggressive pussy.

Honestly I always have a bowl of raisin bran before bed. It’s more delicious than any dessert and helps me gain a few hundred extra calories to gain with.
Even when I was cutting I accounted for it because it’s so fucking good

Nice, will star using that.

No. Nobody listens, wants to put the effort in, would rather do some meme 30 day crash diet and then wonder (complain to whomever will listen) why there’s no progress or why they bloat right back up. I don’t give any advice or help anymore. The only ones I bother with are the newbies in the gym who have clearly terrible form and or loading way too much weight with said bad form. The ones who do ask for help and genuinely want to better themselves, I gladly take the time. One chap asked me to pace him for a half marathon in a few months. The deal is he needs to be training proper and putting the miles in, by himself, and I will run the pace for his goal time of 2hrs. It will hurt at that slow of a pace but i hope he makes it

This was my life when I lived with my mother. She had many, MANY issues, but her midlife crisis compounded those. She was always a short skinny fat whos looks got her everything until she hit the wall. Then she became a saggy potbelly slut with a masters in BPD.

I had always been into high cardio sports and stayed in good shape, but was just skinnier than I would like. I started lifting and eating for it and she just talked shit about it. Saying I was going to get fat, look like a man, no one would want me, asking if I was trans. I did get a little pudge, but its a bulk so w/e. She did all the detox diets. Even started doing this weird fucking crystal magic bullshit that she said Jesus allowed because he put the power in the crystals. Yeah. She stopped buying me groceries, w/e I had a job and a mini-fridge. She sat so high on that throne of thotscience and loved shitting on me.

I started distance running again on my cut, we lived in Daytona beach and coastal morning runs were ace. I looked good. She hated it. She hated it so much. Her steven universe magic wasn't working and she was just as pot-bellied and menopausal as ever. She started to sabotage me. First by dragging me to the doctors, but they sided with me. Then trying to take me to a shrink, but they sided with me. Then taking away my mini fridge and FORCING me to eat his fucking stewed cabbage cleanse diet. I just reported her to cps (still underage).

I licked her tears as the state mandated her to watch me leave humanity behind.

Attached: The+way+is+lit+we+need+more+darkest+dungeon+on_6bd4d3_6329653.jpg (900x718, 98K)

>look like a man
I think that's my biggest pet peeve with women's fitness really
You've got girls salivating at other fitness girls on IG wishing they had their bodies but once you introduce the word "lifting" into the mix it just becomes a "oh no i just want to get toned like them" or "oh no i don't want to get too big"

I just cut the conversation short when that happens now,also you should get your own place and move out

Yes, the average diet is already high in cholesterol, so adding more cholesterol doesn't show any more increase in ldl because their regular diet already caused ldl to be high; whereas, if you take a person that doesn't eat much cholesterol and give them more they will experience in increase in ldl levels because their original levels were lower than people a stsndard diet. In other words there is a point where addi g more cholesterol doesn't increase your risk of heart disease and most people are already eating above that; however, if they were to switch to a low cholesterol diet, they could reduce their dietary cholesterol enough that their ldl levels drop.

I did. This was over 8 years ago. I left the moment the clock struck midnight on my 18th birthday. She had a mountain of shit I was tired of dealing with and she was doing everything she could to hold me back and make me just as awful and crazy as her. That's what people like her do. And the only thing you can do about it is leave, cut them off, and fix whatever damage they did to you.

Jessy Jess is a hottie buddy

Attached: 619E6667-46A2-4B1B-A076-362117DB1503.jpg (750x887, 588K)

Your body makes cholesterol wheter you eat it or not.
Stop repeating 80s momscience.

So does the standard dieters have enough ldl to be a concern?

>lose tons of weight from OMAD
>In the best shape of my life, 8 minute mile, 4 pack, decent strength gains too
>retard family members tell me that I'll faint if I do OMAD while training
>tell them I've been doing it for 8 months now and no issues
>get sick literally one time with a cold since then
>ITS CAUSE YOU'RE NOT EATING ENOUGH! HAVE SOME DONUTS

Good on you,sucks that some people have that type of toxic relationships with close relatives like that
I thank whoever's up there every day that despite their divorce, everything is well between my parents,my brother and i

I usually get into arguments with stubborn fitness enthusiasts more than normies. You faggots are the worst. Cant even lift as much as me but
>hey man you should do keto and take magnesium supplements youre gonna be so fucking huge and oh yeah dont do upright rows total rotator cuff killers!

Have you been arguing since Christmas? You took your time to tell us.

Attached: 733.jpg (680x284, 18K)

Are you me?

Attached: 1549723412597.jpg (2518x1024, 206K)

Pic of mommy plz?

No.
>out at bar with frienda
>be lean 175 with abs
>260lb+ fatty in friend group
>girl in our group asks for advice on how to lose weight
>drunk so i legitemately go in depth with caloric defecit and all that shit trying to help her (she obv doesnt care)
>fatty comes up
>"thats not how it works bro, trust me my dad used to be big into fitness"
>goes on a 10 minute rant about how my diet instruction was wrong
>girl is smiling and laughing while looking at me the whole time
>let him finish and say "thanks man"
The normies punishment for their retardation is following their own shit advice.

Attached: 1549683195465.jpg (2400x2000, 1.61M)

is your name thomas?

It's okay user, donuts don't have fat, and we all know that eating fat makes you fat.
Also careful with the cholesterol there buddy. Here, have a glass of soilent milk.

Whining about nothing tier
Joe-cool tier

Arthur, but close enough

although thats not quite how it works The day and night cycle is deeply rooted in our biology and isnt that crazy of an idea.

>Do you argue with normies when they’re wrong
no. even online I just go straight to the insulting part because no one is interested in learning or admitting they were wrong.

Based

Sorry but for bulking TWOMAD is the chad diet.
>consume some fructose and protons pre workout
>consume the rest of your calories post workout

if you don't consume a pre workout meal you're literally leaving gains on the table

no they are normies for a reason. they dont actually care. if they did they'd be knowledgeable.

Yeah man. You're right.

Only of it's a subtle tattoo. In fact tattoos on girls are rarely any good on any part of the body. Only maybe one in a 50 million woman can actually have a tattoo and not be absolutely retarded.

One of the few things men get away with easier.

>talking to coworker
>his wife is having her thyroid removed
>lifetime of thyroid meds
>hes opining on how its impossible for her to lose weight because of thyroid
>try to explain to him how TDEE will change, but its still just as easy to burn fat and build muscle
>he says no because doctors said so
>he then gives me a blank doe eyed stare
Then some time later
>same coworker's wife has gained like 70lbs
>its because shes emotional eating
>coworker put in 50lbs himself because hes doing it right along side her
>makes comments on how hes getting old, feels like hes out of breath all the time, tired even when he sleeps for 10 hours
>I look right at him
>he knows I'm going to call him out
>he looks me right in the eyes for a second then looks down at the floor and says "Just don't." and waddles back to his office

Theres no point in talking to retards about health and fitness. You either do it for yourself or you suffer a life of willful stupidity.

>grandma breakfast is drinking olive oil with honey and sugar for weight loss
when she's not blinded by diabetes that is.

>cousin got 3 spinal thingies fused, couldn't walk for 4months
still doing heavy lifts and mountain biking.

>most friends follow retarded diets and experimental routines.
Don't think they know how to sleep more than 6hs.

>cousin spends money he doesn't have on new roid, shows it to me. "CARBO"
>user, it's PURE fucking CARBOHYDRATES, I don't have to get needles, I just drink it.
Nutritional value on the side, didn't have the heart to tell him.

>friend can't gain weight, is lifting always, all the time, has obvious adhd.
Does roids and tries to cut to go into starvation mode meme so he can gain weight.

>cousin only cardio is jogging with 3 plastic bags over body and legs, at max speed.
>Confused when endurance doesn't improve.
>Still not sure how he measures his endurance.

I don't talk about fitness or health related things with people.

>friend follows my advice, gains real state and better family ties
>user I'll do whatever you say, I just don't wanna be fat anymore
>fatso myself but athletic, ask him everything about his life
>tell him to drink 4 glasses of water 2hs before bed and just after waking up (gained sleep schedule, hydration)
>1 week later, loses 10 pounds, goes nº2 without laxatives, his face looks better
>now just keep it up
>see him 3 weeks later
>he looks constipated
>couldn't do it user, with the job I don't have the time in the morning for going to the bathroom
>also signed real state papers to his father mistress to better family ties
>he's self employed

I don't know how personal trainers or nutritionists do that shit.

why argue with people who don't give a shit and just want to appear intelligent

When fatties or dyels try to argue with me about weightloss I just flex a 'cep and ask to see their progress

>doing diddles with gymbro
>we reach working weight (lmao2.5pl8)
>he says "should I try it Romanian style?"
>as he says this he motions turning his left hand supine
>be thinks RDL means mixed grip
I didn't call him out because he probably heard it from somewhere else but I just wonder how information gets so distorted among normies

The 90's called, they want their shitty science back. Only joking, I mean the 70's.

>but I just wonder how information gets so distorted among normies
They never look up definitions. They just get an idea of what something means in their mind and then keep it forever. That's why we end up with millions of people thinking that you can be "racist" against religions.

Based

Based subtle anti-Islam poster

>They never look up definitions
Not only this but they are EAGER to use words they don't understand because a new word must mean a new trend and they can't be left behind on a trend like some normie incel mewer.

Fellow Arthur-bro

>sips
I think I might be in love.

Attached: 49542429_275771906434213_7976257546209219915_n.jpg (1080x1080, 120K)

Team King, represent!

Jesus Christ.

Attached: 0-34369.jpg (300x377, 61K)

I feel a deep sorrow for PT’s in general, cause sure they probably did it cause they ain’t too bright, but they want people to be strong and healthy, otherwise they’d have gotten some other easy job. So they do this shit and they realize that no matter what, 90% of the people they work with are going to fail, or quit, or not work out. It must be like a salesman but worse, cause you actually know the people involved

That's why you should never be a PT. Own a gym instead, it's a money laundering goldmine.

Money Laundering?

This is now a Jessy Jess thread

Attached: B0FBFE5A-68C2-406B-829F-014D68382741.jpg (750x914, 610K)

Yes. Not only is it a mostly cash-based business, people quite often buy the memberships, but never show up. You could have hundreds of fake memberships based on those people and launder money through them. You could launder money while providing absolutely real paperwork. It's brilliant, really. Why do you think Planet Fitness does what it does?

She's lovely.

>that picure
>lifting is all about how you look at the pool party
what a vain fucking retard, but I wouldn't expect less from a body builder.

Yeah but then you have to cater to normies who will sign up without ever showing up which means you cant own the hardcore lifting gym you really want

>her fiancee tried to abuse her
God dammit, she's got issues, doesn't she?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Attached: 8A10D7B8-7B43-4701-9074-923FDC54D113.jpg (750x743, 524K)

Attached: 1544555536045.jpg (1024x957, 71K)

Might be talking out of my ass but i think it was that same tatted up “Jackle” dude who is in every “talk shit get hit” compilation on youtube, where he tries to shove that asian kid but gets KO’d. And i think she headkicked him and knocked him out in their domestic dispute.

Attached: 057A137C-5A98-4CB9-839A-802E97984E7F.jpg (750x732, 524K)

>she was engaged to this subhuman monkey
Sorry, I lost interest. Just look at that thing.

Attached: wallace1.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 68K)

>a girl with face tattoos is a trashy human

Wow what a surprise my world view is in shambles

>knocked this guy out with a headkick
Retards on Jow Forums who think an average male could beat a female fighter btfo.

It's weird. Girls with face tattoos seem cute to me. Men with face tattoos make me want to tie them down and remove those tattoos with a cheese grater and a blowtorch.

The only web presence of this guy I can find is him peacocking and then getting knocked out and that domestic violence thing.

He's obviously not the average male.

I'd rather look like the guy on left

Get a room

Attached: 1546328521767.gif (680x453, 152K)

Build normie gym. Convert normiebuxx into lease extension after the Avocado Bonanza Navel Gazing Experience to your left goes under. Convert hipster bar to roids r us. Convert roidbuxx into slowly degrading society so you can become Judge Dredd IRL. Profit.

Imagine being such a brainlet you display the same trait youre complaining about in one post

>not eating enough
CHRIST I HATE THIS
I got my sister on OMAD, and my brother-in law kept telling her that "she needs to eat more", when all she does it go to spin classes on the weekends. He used to be a hockey player, but he's such a tubby dude now, and doesn't work out at all anymore. I remember we even got to talking about lifting, and he even said that "he hated lifting weights".

I even keep telling my dad to cut back on the sweets, and just keep them do a cheat-day, but he's been brainwashed into the "you need carbs" by all his fat friends.

no, i lead them to argue between themselves

it actually is, cycle is a lie