Climbing/bouldering

Have you been Jow Forums?

Will it help build muscle?

Attached: bouldering.jpg (890x501, 118K)

For sure. Your shoulders/back get fucking ripped from climbing. And your legs get a nice workout too if you climb properly. Make sure you balance out your body with push exercises when not climbing though.

Didn’t we have this exact thread and OP image yesterday?

It helps, also depends on your goals. I don't think you can really get huge from climbing. I personally do it because it is fun, especially if you go out doors.

Attached: 184848.jpg (620x413, 51K)

Nice.

Yes and yes. More importantly you can have fun while getting a good climbing session in. I do push every other day now to balance out the pull.

Only issue is price, where I am (Central OR) the gym is expensive as fuck. Luckily once it warms up I'll be swapping to outdoor.

Your forearms will explode, in a good way

I fucking love bouldering...if it weren't for the regulars at my hall. All these filthy lanklet hippies with their vegan shit trying to look down on you for having some kind of muscle definition.
>you know dude, it's all about technique
>no, it's about the fact that you're about 60 pounds lighter

Attached: slothdyel.jpg (476x349, 34K)

downside to it is, when you take a break from climbing for like 2 months, you need to start all over
but there is shitton of hippie vegan girls who love to ride cock in every gym

Dude this. I was so pumped when i nailed that hanging cross thing from mission impossible 2 to switch over a gap and these lanky scrubs said its not that hard. IIm 6'1 and 200 lbs, not one of them is over 150.

>have been going to a pretty popular climbing gym
>I’m only 6 feet tall yet I’m always one of the tallest there

This. I've only been once but I have never seen more manlets in one place (well once I thought I saw a special manlet prison but it turned out to be a school).

Its was terrifying, maybe it was a convention or a day out from the facility they live at. We should all be concerned that they're learning how to escape the manlet pit.

No it won't, stay out of my gym greasing up the holds with your shitty mitts and trash form REEEEEEE

you live in oregon go boulder outside you retard

Your legs don't get a proper workout past the occasional heel hook. Also your shoulders don't get ripped.

You must boulder something like v2 if you don't use pushing muscles. You have to do lots of stabilization with shoulders and pectorals (yes, keeping yourself close to the wall) to climb well. There's lots of action going on for your pushing muscles and I'm not talking about mantles. People just don't have a good understanding of functional anatomy.

Not like you get beach muscles from bouldering, but "antagonist training" is such a stupid meme excluding finger extensor work.

Not him but the amount of pushing you do in climbing is nowhere near as good as in barbell training. I like climbing but I hate purists who think its some miracle sport

>yesterday
try everyday

Is that a reference to Bronson?

how to approach them in a non creepy way?

Do it OP its fun as fuck

Attached: Good_vs_evil.jpg (1024x1024, 201K)

>be attractive
They'll ask you for help on a boulder problem.

nice, can i help them by pushing them up by their butts?

Only if you push with your face

Attached: NIpPQ_6td8j1xUkB.webm (320x568, 595K)

>4 different climbing walls within 30 mins of me

any other edinburghfags?

Ok, got it, I'll skip bouldering and just double down on chin ups. Jesus Fuck.

It's pretty good but not a miracle perfect sport it's a decent forearms, shoulders, and upper back workout but very far from complete, it will create imbalances.

>don't expect to get big out of it (being heavier is also not good for holding smaller holds obviously)
>don't skip a chest day unless you want a shitty posture and shoulder issues
>please learn to climb properly and don't be a stupid bro trying to flex climbing on jugs without using his feet; it's embarrassing when done badly
>if you go outside please educate yourself about the ethics of your local area and respect nature

Pro tips :
>Position over Everything
>unless you've been climbing consistently for years with experienced people, technique is limiting you more than strength
>climb with people better than you so you can learn from them

Seems like Glasgow or Aberdeen are closer to some pretty cool rocks, anything close to you?

Not really familiar with Scotland but I've seen some amazing looking stuff from Dave Macleod

Nothing too close outdoors. I was referring to indoor gyms.

accidents like this hardly happen this is just a woman with weak bones landing like an idiot.

Went bouldering with my brother for the first time, ripped off the skin from 3 of my fingers. Take some tape with you if the place doesn't have any

It was fun though and the forearm gains are real

Hi. Don't do it. Don't get into it. Boulering is such a fucking meme and you will fucking regret it.

You will get injured. Not if, when. And when you do, it will be your hand / shoulder / knee / hip and you'll walk it off when you shouldn't because it's connective tissue, and you don't realize how much abuse it's taken and how long it need to properly heal if at all. You'll realize all this when you're on a problem and something really snaps -- too late then. All of the mesures offered to you to prevent injury are bullshit -- nothing works.

Attached: benyamin.png (412x593, 466K)

Projecting: the post

Its his art work.

Problems are designed to twist your body into strange positions, set by teenagers with no clue about the risk they're setting people up to take. Your entire body weight being supported as you hang upside down by two fingers on each hand while you try to figure out a viable foot hold? What could go wrong?

I think it's dislocated, not broken but yeah what a retarded fall.

vegan diet does that to you

You are not wrong. The thing is to take the time to recover.

I managed to pull a hamstring pretty bad while trying to use it for a heel hook. The problem with being Jow Forums and climbing is that the tendons and connecting tissue cannot always keep up. Always remember to recover and take your recovery seriously.

And everyone goes in with the mindset that "I'll be careful". Nope. You lose ability to be careful because:

1. you get confident and bored by the "safe" routes
2. you'll fell pressure from the 20 year old lanky white boys and asians to match them -- "and they make it look soooo easy"
3. you'll fall victim to a problem that's your normal rating, but either poorly rated or simply very badly designed for your specific style / body type -- but all you'll see is "V4" and think "What's wrong, I should be able to do this, easy."
4. You'll feel embarrassed to belong to a gym where you ONLY do low rated routes and always climb down (LIKE YOU SHOULD!). If not, great for you, you'll still hurt your shoulder.

Mate, all those injuries occur in weightlifting too. In fact, even more often because it attracts insecure people who ego lift and fuck themselves up for good like Ronnie the idiot Coleman. In both sports, if you approach it with a sane mind and don't do stupid ego feats, nothing will happen and you will turn out just fine.

But in those time between injuries -- it is actually very fun. But do yourself a favor, anyone considering taking up climbing in any form, and stick to top roping. Best work out, far fewer injuries, still extremely social, and just a far more responsible set-up altogether.

Bouldering is the "Moon Shoes" of the 2010's

Of fucking course it is.

much higher frequency of injuries in climbing

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You are right, but he has a point though, if you can leave the ego aside you'll reduce the risks but a big factor.
But this is no easy feat.

I think the learning curve to be able to climb "safely", or at least to be able to properly perform risk assessment is pretty steep though.

>Will it help build muscle?

I mean, it can -- but only if you train on a campus board or do some other gimmick along with it.

Climbing by itself doesn't do all that much. Your forearms get swoll, and you definitely develop some underused muscle throughout your body, but nothing that will drastically change how you look.

If you're super skinny, you'll climb pretty well, but you'll not really grow because of your low weight. And you shouldn't climb if your're fat. Dangerous.

on one hand, its super satisfying to see vegan hippies following a trend and getting hurt

on the other, shit-tier workout, avoid

What, are you looking for a fight cunt?

I dunno mate. I've tried bouldering once and my knees were hurting bad after several jumps like that. Highly doubt it's going to be good for them in the long run.
I'll stick to weight lifting and swimming, thanks

It’s a good fit hobby. Actually climbing outside is based.

Your grip strength will get better but You won’t see hardly any visible gains. Climbers aren’t big

Being strong and being light are both advantageous at lower grades but technique is a firm requirement for more advanced climbing. You'll hit stuff that requires gastons, smears, scapular retraction, ringlocks, kneebars, offwidths, and it doesn't matter how many pullups you can do if you don't know how to engage the moves.