Decide to start keto Saturday to end my bulk

>decide to start keto Saturday to end my bulk
>today is day 3
>literally brimming with energy even at a deficit

Wtf I thought you told me Keto was a meme?

Attached: p42wUhA.jpg (985x963, 107K)

you still have some muscle glycogen in you
enjoy the horrendous leg/calf aches youre gonna feel by the end of the week if you have to do a lot of walking around

fucking Avocados
every asshole and his nasty whore of a mother somehow thinks this fucking hipster fucktard fatty fruit is the magic bean or some shit.
fuck off with that overpriced crap

keto sucks, carbs are good for you if you actually lift

>can’t take over 100g/day of protein because it takes you out of ketosis
enjoy your nogains

But it tastes fucking awesome. Smashed avo on buttered toast with salt and pepper. No better way to start the day.

>coconut oil in 2019
>after numerous published papers proving it is the least healthy fat/oil you can have
based keto tards

>Eating colon cancer inducing processed meats in 2019
No thanks. I prefer not shitting in a bag

who told you keto was a meme? Jow Forums ?

Attached: 1535050094771.jpg (480x362, 28K)

Keto is the good shit, fuck carblets.
So much more energy, mental clarity and mood elevation.

been on keto for 3 weeks now, feeling better consistently
you just have to track your electrolytes

that's a myth that has been debunked

they make my lips swell up

I’m loving it as well OP

Attached: 5416E1F3-B13D-4F69-8A2C-E8649B980320.jpg (4032x3024, 2.59M)

Dumbass here who doesn't know about dieting
What's the point of keto? What does ketosis mean and how does it impact lifting, fat loss etc? Why should I do it instead of just eating a normal caloric deficit diet? Thinking about cutting for summer but I wanna hit 100kg bench first and maintain(/gain?) strength while cutting

You didn't join the real and active Official Fitness Server on Dis cord yet??
Advice on routine and posture advice, motivate each other, awesome stories, feels, food pics recipes and diet checks, fasting, etc.
Self improvement, nofap, powerlifting, fraud (steroids), martial arts, current body thread, injury prevention, etc.
We also have some fun channels like memes.
For those who want more adventure, we have a contest: post a pic in begin of the month, and one at the end. Then users vote and the winner gets prize money!

We accept people from all fitness levels: fat, average or athletic. As long as you are encouraging and motivating you are most welcome!

dis cord (dot) gg / v3wR7nr

>can’t take over 100g/day of protein because it takes you out of ketosis
this just isnt true. there's no evidence for it whatsoever

that looks disgusting. How do you eat that? Do people seriously eat chicken without any sauce? Be it white or pasta sauce with some cheese. Not like it has carbs and it won't make your mouth the sahara

Looks like a gently spiced roast chicken. Not everything needs to be smothered in sugar Amerifat.

>white sauce
>pasta sauce
>automatically thinks sugar

white sauce has a milk and butter base never has sugar, pasta has a tomato base, sometimes has sugar if you use it for pizza.

Simplicity in food is literally the best way to ensure you’re only fueling yourself with quality nutrients

season that chicken you fucking imbecile

The only people who call keto a meme are vegans who don't like the high-meat content and the retards who believed them.

Attached: for every animal.jpg (452x500, 90K)

What a pussy beta lel

What are you even talking about idiot

I started keto about 30 days ago and I went from

5'8 202lbs

5'8 179lbs

23 pounds in a month. And I have tons of energy/am not hungry most of the day.

I'm sticking on this until I get 10-12% bf and go for a bulk.

notice the height stayed the same ):

If you eat too much red meat you will increase your risk of colon cancer. Processed meats (sausage, bacon, salami, etc) are the most cancer causing

Same on the lips swelling, it's like a half-allergy from what my doctor tells me

Avocados share allergic properties with latex jsyk. You may have a latex allergy.

Sometimes I can smell/taste a latex like aspect of avocados, which is weird. Love them though.

discord is for braindead zoomers / leftists

>what's the point of keto?
you consume less than 30 grams of carbs a day, so that your body stops using glucose as fuel and starts using fat(ketones) as such

>what does ketosis mean and how does it impact lifting, fat loss, etc?
ketosis means that you start using ketons instead of glucose, the first week you'll probably experience the keto-flu, while your body gets used to working with ketones instead of glucose, but after that, it shouldn't impact lifting(well, not more than a normal cal deficit diet). Weight loss should be easier tho, if you eat at a deficit, as your body will use your own fat preserves as fuel.

>why should i do it instead of just eating a normal caloric deficit diet?
burns fat more easily, lose less lean mass , also mental clarity, elevated mood

so much bs

do you still consume them tho?
it has some pretty neat fats and vitamin E

Just wait for your kidney/liver failure in 10 years.

A one percent jump based on shoddy science isn’t exactly serious.

What would cause kidney/liver failure?

Thanks. Might give keto a shot.

You're such a fucktard. Where's the olive oil when you need one?

Hello boomer mom! China study is bullshit, just read it and you'll realize that.

never understood that one

>(you)

Attached: 65d.png (434x327, 32K)

>People think it's a retarded fad diet, but it's actually a retarded fad diet with a handful of spinach.

>can’t eat chicken without sauce
Are you 6? Can you eat your peas without your daddy making the silly face?

Nobody be scared by these posters who are being illogically aggressive towards the diet. It’s the natural state of life to run off of fat as a fuel source. When we are born we are in ketosis as long as we are breastfeeding, animals in their natural state are in ketosis and before agriculture (~7000) that is the state we were in for millions of years.

I think the important thing to do as far as diet is to remove inflammation and the foods that cause it in the body as well as environmental factors that play a part in chronic inflammation, and optimal exercise nutrient density by eating high quality organs, fish and fish roe, raw dairy if you can tolerate it and plenty of sun

Meant to type “optimize nutrient density”

>brimming with energy at a deficit
>brimming with energy
>deficit

It's called noradrenaline you fucking idiot. You're not eating food, so you're eating yourself.

Jesus christ keto with caloric restriction is seriously some of the stupidest, most backwards shit I've ever seen. The whole point is that you don't need to count calories.

>muh naturalism fallacy
>muh prehistoric humans didnt eat carbs
>muh inflammation
top broscience

>all that saturated fat in the right pic

>mfw

Attached: IMG_1918.jpg (4032x3024, 1.9M)

>muh fallacy fallacy
Nature is everything and everywhere and there is no escaping it. Thats why 3/4 of the world is either over weight or obese and guess what 3/4 of the world diet is? Mass produced grain, wheat, onions and other industrialized shit.

Our ancestors ate plenty of grains, but they were properly prepared and only as a caloric necessity to get by until they could get quality nutrition from animals.

Need ya some Frank’s

Attached: 771F4FD1-F446-45F0-A0A3-24BACF5A76DA.png (817x605, 283K)

"It's not just bacon, butter, steak and eggs!"

>It's also got coconut oil, spinach, almonds, avocado and some cheese burger patties!

"Right, so basically what I said plus a handful of nuts and burger toppings?"

Attached: 1548771392340.jpg (620x793, 63K)

Sup frank tufano. Are you gay?

>The whole point is that you don't need to count calories.

actually believing this
do you even autophagy bro

Notice how these fellas don't have a counter argument. It just reinforces our argument.

fuck i almost spit out my water

Attached: 1511832624879.png (1001x1100, 1.31M)

people say v*gan gains btfo keto in his fathead review. I dont feel like watching that retards 3 hour video, has anyone seen it?

Attached: 1549927694408.jpg (819x1024, 93K)

Autophagy occurs even while you're getting fat or muscular. Losing healthy muscle is not autophagy.

Enjoy your upcoming eating disorder and hypometabolism from consistently ignoring your body's signals for no good reason at all.

>mfw skelly jawlets think their lives will get better because they stop eating, le elite biohacker xD

A HUNTER WHO FASTS, IS A SHITTY HUNTER

the fuck are you talking about

caloric restriction, you?

Keto as a lifestyle is a meme. Keto as a tool for cutting is useful.

We've been eating starch for at least 100,000 years. All successful large populations not only thrived, but survived on a starch based diet. You have no idea what you are talking about, and you're just getting more sick so you can eat like a king. Enjoy your atherosclerosis.

I did keto for about 2 months, works great for a normal diet combined with plain exercise but any serious weightlifting becomes a million times harder, seriously unless you enjoy completely running out of energy half way through your lifts I wouldn’t recommend it. I felt great while I wasn’t lifting though.

>We've been eating starch for at least 100,000 years
lel

That looks bland as fuck

why would anyone watch anything made by that retard? vegans are dim bulbs to start, but he's a whole new level.

no because it's fucking disgusting. Only a barbarian would eat chicken without sauce, it's a dry meat. You can make the sauce and keep it in your fridge for weeks it's not like you make it every time for each plate of chicken

>Only a barbarian would eat chicken without sauce
Everyone here wants to look like a barbarian though. So your argument only proves the point that we should eat chicken without sauce

sauce would give you extra calories to reach that barbarian mode

Wish I had the motivation. The amount of food prep that needs is way too much for me.

unseasoned "pulled''chickens
whole roasted almonds
green mush
Jesus fuck guy what is wrong with you

>Let me just lie on the internet real quick

>He didn't grind up the almonds into almond flour and make a keto bread/cake to go with his food.

>reeee i hate creamy fruit that's low in sugar!!! gimmi candies gimmie candies me want tasties

almonds have a shit omega ratio.
don't eat almonds.

Literally no meal prep necessary with keto

you only need like 2 hours on sunday. Easier than you think

What do you eat to cure the cravings for carbs when it strikes? Any tips for someone just starting out?

You're supposed to carb load if you're about to do intense exercise.

Eat keto at maintenance, your cravings will disappear in a matter of days, especially combined with IF. Willpower it for a few days basically.

The best diet is the one you'll stick to.

Attached: Vertical.jpg (1080x1080, 145K)

Brah put some fucking quakers steak and lube buffalo sauce on that chicken. Shits so cash and so good. When I ate a lot of carbs before keto I’d put that shit on noodles and it was amazing.

Attached: E5E70659-DF59-44FB-BB4B-52C3BC89411C.jpg (2365x2365, 353K)

>t. following a mcdougall diet
>below the age of 80
i was there too user, plant based and the whole 100 yards

see you in two years after you realize your body is going to shit

relax it's just part of the diet bro...don't bust a tit now

top fucking kek

when would you stack up on carbs before intense workouts? I'm sure you will go out of ketosis but will it beneficial to be out of ketosis for an extra day to do this?

Honestly I haven't noticed this at all. If anything, my lifting session are easier, and I'm gaining muscle faster. Strange how people react to it differently.

lmao fat fuck btfo

>reee pretty girls who love avocado toast wont have sex with me reeeee fuck fucking hipster fucktard fatty fruit overpriced avocados

>The only people who call keto a meme are vegans who don't like the high-meat content and the retards who believed them.
Or, you know, actual experts. As opposed to American diet gurus.

cocnut oil is one of the worst oils for you though

not according to my yoga instructor and shakra masseuse

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the left though.

Thank you. Do I get a box of free Siofor too with it?

I've been doing keto on and off for a while now. First time I did it really strict for 2 months and lost 15kg. Slowly lost it on and off over the next while but kept falling off it due to hunger when I started a higher intensity job. Recently got an office job a weeks ago and instantly jumped on the chance again. Doing keto OMAD and never felt better. Dropped 4kg already
>water weight
yeah I know but still probably 2kg over 1.5 weeks i'm happy with. Coming up on 30kg lost over the last 5 months now so it works well for that purpose, I definitely wouldn't do it when bulking. Only problem I have with it is I find the food to get pretty boring after a while but that's something I can deal with.

For all those people saying that your lifts will suffer. Every time i've gone on keto my lifts have stayed exactly the same or improved. Never suffered. This with one 1200cal or less meal a day.

Attached: 1548286340628.jpg (250x218, 8K)

>copyrighted meme
>fucking Maddox
thats a big yikes cuckarino

I got on the keto diet on the recommendation of my doctor after being confirmed for pre-diabetes. I thought I was pretty fit and work out about 4 times a week so I was pretty surprised. He prescribed a blood glucose meter to start tracking and I was consistently over 7.0 mmo/l before starting keto. I'm testing around 5.3-5.8 now after being keto for 2 months. I've lost about 10 kg since.

The anti-keto user has his own opinions but I have my own experience as evidence that keto is healthy and it works.

thats the joke.jpg

this. avocados are shit-tier. coconut oil is legit though. wtf is up with that destoyed steak though?

>cocnut oil is one of the worst oils for you though
according to the rapeseed oil industry and the sugar industry that has told us for decades fat-rich diets cause heart failure. That info has worked real well for the US in the last 30 years, hasn't it?

Actually left side is more healthy than right side on OP pic
But you won't ever convince regular people (and some user) out of the green = healthy mentality
Despite most green stuff having 0 nutritional value (fiber isn't getting you any calories or vitamins)

Attached: yes.jpg (282x272, 9K)

lol'd at work