Recently switched to vegan. Am I going to lose all my gains or ascend to shredded godhood?

Recently switched to vegan. Am I going to lose all my gains or ascend to shredded godhood?

Attached: vegan-bodybuilders-1505997016.jpg (768x488, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ZSKczhCx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends on your genetics. You might have crazy guy problems, you might be fine. Most likely is that you'll be fine for a while, maybe a bit more fatigued, recovery will be harder. Nutrients are just more bioavailable in meat.

At first you will become shredded but after a while of been shredded you will descend into auschwitz

You're gonna be stalked by the blog spammer who links to one shitty study and the same videos/pics of some anorexic vegans.

Make sure to get all your macros and to eat the right amount calories, If you do this you should be fine. The food will taste like shit though.

You never had any to begin with.

See
If you are say a fruit bat or perhaps some kind of squirrel or maybe a cow, you'll be fine without meat. Cats, dogs, and humans on the other hand require meat to be healthy. Source: look at what your ancestors have eaten for thousands of years and start there, exactly the same as you would if you were trying to keep any other animal healthy.

Plan your macros and micros and your gains will be fine (may even get better).

Gut problems* although you might be a faggot and being a vegan may cause problems in your dating life too.

All those people are on steroids you idiot.

Our ancestors died around the age of 30 though, their diet can only go so far.

Meat is probably fine for those who're still growing, but the cons begin to add up after 30 (atherosclerosis, cancer, etc...)

OP here

Stats:
5'8 198lbs
Bench 245
Squat 255
Overhead Press 155

I'm only going vegan for 7 months to shred for the summer, I'm not making a lifestyle switch just yet. I'm wondering what I should anticipate in terms of size reduction/strength loss

Attached: 20190211_170106.jpg (1398x2688, 945K)

>tattoo

Into the trash you go

I'm not sure that's true. The low average life expectancy was mostly due to infant mortality. If you made it to adulthood odds were you'd make it to 50 or 60 at least.

Well you'll be cutting so naturally there will be a loss of strength and energy, but looking at your pic the fat loss would be well worth it

Be careful what you eat though, some vegan food is fine while other vegan food (like soi) will ruin your body, so make sure you do the proper research

>look at what our ancestors did
then why dont you live exactly like they did?

This
Also, the research shows that vegans and meat-eaters live similar lifespans, but die from different causes.
After being vegetarian for a year, fuck that. I'd rather enjoy my life. Even if it means I have to die sooner (which it doesn't).

Gonna have to call bullshit on both claims. Weston Price extensively researched indigenous people all over the world who were still eating the (mostly meat-based) diets their ancestors had been eating for thousands of years, and guess what? They all had virtually none of the health problems you see in people living in modern western countries, and very often lived to their 80s and 90s without ever getting cancer or having a single cavity. Beleive whatever you want though. It's none of my concern if you want to gamble your health on the hubris of modern nutrition "wisdom". I mean, modern nutrition beliefs have been working so well so far, right? And authorities like the FDA who push plant based diets also have such a wonderful track record of honesty and integrity, what could possibly go wrong?

Citation pls.

You'll do neither. As long as your calories and protein intake is the same you will look and perform the same way - diet has virtually no impact on appearance unless you're over/under eating or not getting enough protein

That's not a very good loaded question. Try harder.

Vegan reporting. You feel skinny

Attached: 02C6CA10-C42D-47B4-B264-6A5330DBD21D.jpg (1242x2208, 289K)

You will become shredded at first.
Vegan diet is really good for weight loss, because it's easy to feel full while accidentally eating a large deficit.
As long as you continue to do resistance training, you will lose very little lean mass during this period.
Once you get to a sufficiently low BF% (essential fat territory), you need to make sue you eat enough calories to prevent muscle wasting.
Eventually, some muscle will begin to waste away regardless, but you will insist that it's healthy because at the point where it's noticeable you will have developed a neurological disorder from B12 deprivation.
Get a memory training app and use it regularly to set a benchmark and monitor yourself. One of the earliest symptoms of B12 deprivation is faulty memory.

Or supplement B12 once a week?

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. Weston Price was one of the founders of the American Dental Association. He beleived in preserving health via nutrition rather than addressing symptoms with surgery and medication. As a result, he's largely been forgotten by history, with the the implications of his research not being conductive to a profitable business model for dentistry and all.

Youre saying just because our ancestors did something for thousand of years that thats the way we should live too, but why does it only include their diet?

don't drink
don't smoke
don't eat meat
still die

being vegan will not burn anymore fat than eating meat. the only trick is that vegetables are less calories so you can fill up on them more without eating as many calories. you can eat whatever the fuck you want as long as you count calories and make sure you're in a deficit

Longest living peoples on earth (blue zones) mostly eat very little to no meat (excluding fish). The longest living people in Loma Linda (only blue zone in US) are the vegan population.

Societies that consumed the carnie diet (Masai and Inuits) had very high levels of atherosclerosis.

Again, loaded question. It's obvious you aren't intested in honest conversation or a proper argument.

Define loaded

Now you're thinking, but you're missing an extremely critical piece of the puzzle. The 'societies' you refer to are some of the oldest Asian races, which were among the first to develop farming, are generally 99%+ ethnically homogeneous, and have managed to preserve their culture and history a hell of a lot better than any western nations have today. What do you think happens to a population that eats more or less the same diet for five or ten thousand years? They eventually become adapted to that diet. Obvious, right? What happens when you mix people from all over the world with completely different ancestral diets, with very foggy pictures of their ancestry and what their ancestors ate? You get this confusing, mixed-bag of one-size-fits-nobody nutrition advice we have today in the west. Ever noticed how every piece of nutrition advice always comes with a disclaimer of "try it and see what works for you"? Ever noticed how vastly different diets seem to have contradicting results for different people? You think a German shepard, a coyote, a wolf, and a hyena, all have identical nutritional needs? Races of people are like breeds of dogs. Just because we can (generally) produce fertile offspring, does not mean we are all 100% identical or have have 100% identical nutritional needs.

Your question asserts a statement on my behalf which I never made. Hence, loaded. It's an extremely common and obvious logical fallacy used to control the terms of an argument with the goal of tricking your opponent into defending something other than their own position.

To put this into terms even you can understand, it's like the old question, "Do your parents know you are gay?"

White privilege is having the entire western health industry rooted in Europe.

just hit your macros and take a multivitamin

It can be hard to get enough protein. Peas are underrated. Honestly I feel like oysters clams and mussels should be ok with most vegans since they don’t have brains, don’t suffer, and their cultivation is usually good for the environment. If I went vegan I would still eat those.

What about eating animals harmful for the environment? Like eating cats in Australia.

Lol, sure. I'd offer a rebuttal, but I'll just get banned for talking about politics in spite of you being the one making it politic. But go on thinking the evil white man is the one in charge, even when all censorship and media, social or otherwise, in western countries (and Jow Forums) clearly favors everyone but.

What is the vegan equivalent to the post workout chicken breast with broccoli and rice dinner?

just because our ancestors ate a diet, you cannot logically conclude that this is automatically the "most optimal" diet.
post some actual evidence that vegans are deficient in a specific nutrient, or that they somehow have worse outcomes in an area.

Forgot to address your other points. I'm genuinely curious about your claim regarding atherosclerosis. I've never heard this before, so I'll have to look into it. As for the vegan diets correlating with longer life expectancy, I'll just say correlation does not prove causation for time's sake. I don't doubt it, but I do doubt that it's a simple as 'meat bad, plants good'.

It was tongue-in-cheek, fag.

Just in case you aren't trolling and are actually, in fact, mentally retarded as a result of your onions-addled, vegan-induced malnourished brain: B12 is the big one, but there are about half a dozen total you can't get at all, and a lot more you cant get enough of. Google it if you really want to know, this isn't exactly difficult information to find.

My bad. The shills on here are so lazy these days I can hardly tell who is being sarcastic anymore.

just supplement B12 then nigger, what next?

Oh and as for this statement:
>just because our ancestors ate a diet, you cannot logically conclude that this is automatically the "most optimal" diet.
Really? Where in nature can the contrary be observed to be true? Where then, are all the healthy vegan cat? The healthy carnivorous cows? Show me another animal with canines that doesn't eat meat. Show me another animal that eats primarily plants that doesn't have multiple stomachs, or some other way to ferment plant fiber into calories they can actually metabolize.

Big vegans you see online are on roids, are you roiding? then no prob, not roiding? then you'll see how fucking hard it is to meet your brotein and other nutrient requirements on a vegan diet.
I had a vegan gf, which meant it was like being vegan most of the days, it fucking sucked eating fucking onions and lentils every fucking day.

Do you intend to argue then that the most ideal, optimal and healthy diet for human beings, is one that humans literally cannot survive on without artifical supplements? You do realize that a mother living on purely 100% natural vegan diet can not sustain her own newborn child with breastfeeding, due to this B12 deficiency? This isn't just speculation either, babies have died from this, as any doctor will warn a vegan mother. Or is your answer to that problem more artificial supplementation as well, via baby formula?

Pandas live just fine on a diet that's not optimal for their dentition and stomach (they're in trouble because of habitat loss). For a trait to persist, all that has to happen is for there to not be sufficient selective pressure against it for it to be supplanted by a different trait over time.

In the case of humans, most health issues from eating animals arise only in advanced age. We bear and raise children much younger than that, so the selective pressure to not eat animals is very very small. That doesn't mean there are no downsides to eating animals, especially now that we can live longer healthy lives.

Theory is great, but experience wins above all else. Go vegan for 30 days. Then go carnivore for 30 days.
By then you'll have your own opinion and you won't have to worry about mine.

>5'8
>198
holy shit what a pig

I don't disagree with you, if your main point here is merely that it's possible to do better than our ancestors. Of course, but I still think that the ancestors' diets should always be the starting point for the diet of any life form. Generally speaking, the further from it you deviate, the more likely you are to find issues. I realize that a sub-par diet does not prevent one from passing on their genes, but I'm also not one to think we're smarter today than our ancestors were, especially when you look at everything wrong with the modern world. We have more gadgets, sure, but what do we do with them generally? I think you know what I'm getting at. Why did our ancestors start fermenting foods? How did they know. Something so rotten would actually be so beneficial in so many ways? Why did so many of our grandparents recommend fish oil, before anyone knew anything about Omega-3? Thousands of years of observation, trial and error. Don't assume that death or a failure to pass on one's genes were the only pressures affecting the evolution of human diets. Humans are a little bit smarter than that. Or we used to be, at least.

it's probably superior in some ways (reduction of heart disease), and inferior in other ways (B12 supplementation required).
>You do realize that a mother living on purely 100% natural vegan diet can not sustain her own newborn child with breastfeeding, due to this B12 deficiency?
I didn't know this. Is this true even with supplementation of B12? In this case, just have the mother go on a vegetarian or normal western diet for the duration of the pregnancy/breastfeeding
Anyway, I'm not saying that veganism is the most OPTIMAL and SUPREME diet. It's just something that people are on for moral reasons, and I think that it's a commendable cause.
Do you have any other issues with the vegan diet?

Fuck you nigga I've been lifting for 6 years and I'm around 12-15% body fat

i believe there were people on both diets who experienced the adverse effects only after 30 days

>Like eating cats in Australia.
So THAT'S why we're importing so many Chinese

studies on how veganism = cancer
pastebin.com/ZSKczhCx

I doubt that plant based fats are generally better for heart health than even high cholesterol, saturated fats from animals. Unfortunately, there is too much money at stake for the agricultural industry to be able to afford the luxury of honest passivity here. They have a track record of muddying the waters of science with compromised studies and of manipulating politics through their lobbies. Don't forget that heart disease in America absolutely skyrocketed shortly after we started replacing saturated and high cholesterol animal fats, such as butter and lard, with artificially saturated trans fats, such as margarine and crisco, thanks to crisco manipulating both the FDA and the American Heart Association. I might also add, that many past and former members of both the ADA and the FDA have spoken out on this corruption and admitted that animal fats get a bad wrap due to these outdated beliefs and the stigma they left behind. It should be no surprise though, when you look at the costs of meat vs the costs of grains. It takes around 20lbs of grain to produce 1lb of meat. Imagine then, just how much more profitable would it be to sell the grains directly to the consumer, and feed them as you would livestock? It's not hard to figure out what has been going on here.

As for morality, I couldn't care less one way or another. All life consumes others and is eventually consumed by others, it makes no difference to me. My only problems with veganism are the poor nutrition and the dishonesty behind the industries involved.

Just count calories and eat more vegetables

This but also depends on how many supplements and steroids you are gonna take.