Do breathing masks actually help or are they just gimmicks?

Do breathing masks actually help or are they just gimmicks?

Attached: 915rk4vam-L._SL1500_.jpg (1417x1500, 311K)

I find running until I cant breathe/see/think, and then continuing running is far more effective, but to each his own.
I suppose it would be nice for high intensity calesthenics though.

bane?

they're worse than a gimmick. they actually inhibit the adaptation you want to occur to oxygen uptake.

if i pull that off will you die?

You’re a big guy

for you

what do breathing masks even do?

it would be extremely painful.

They restrict the flow of air to the lungs, attempting to force the body to do more with less oxygen. However it's a faulty premise based on elevation training. With the mask, you're not taking in less oxygen, you're using musculature harder to get the same amount. In elevation training, the lower oxygen amount forces the body to create more red blood cells to carry the little oxygen more efficiently, however this effect is short lived since returning to lower elevations normalizes the RBC production within days

hides the feels

Attached: 1427409858696.png (604x694, 89K)

you're a big guy (?) (post body)

Attached: 1428105546406.jpg (800x1160, 235K)

let's people care who you are

Attached: 1504552980797.jpg (300x225, 50K)

>Do breathing masks actually help

They make people care who you are. Seriously, everybody in the gym is gonna be thinking either why the fuck is this clown wearing a mask or if your lucky they'll think its a bane reference. Give it a shot OP, see if it helps you make social gains.

Someone walks up to you at the gym and says
>Woah, You're a Big Guy!

How do you respond

They don't do that, they increase the resistance thereby increasing the strength of intercostal muscles. Unless you can reduce the concentration of oxygen in the atmosphere you're a retard

>you're using musculature harder to get the same amount
and the point of training is to cause the opposite adaptatio i.e. use less musculature (or be more efficient) in getting the same (or more) oxygen into the system

UUUU

Unless you're training to fight three male strippers, there's not much use.

Attached: happi_kars.jpg (1332x968, 77K)

Only useful if you are trying to master hamon in a month before you have to fight 3 aztec fitness gods

Tell me, why does he wear the mask?

saved

100% gimmick.

This shit is a clear sign you have autism, like what the actual fuck. If you see someone wearing this in the gym stay away, his late onset autism might morph you into a autist as well.

Attached: MASK.jpg (425x425, 28K)

> for you

no one cared who i was....

You can get the same effect from wrapping panty hose around your face. The mask is ti make you look like you know what you're doing

>reducing your ability to huff protein braps from local gym thots
shiggity diggity