/fast/ - #383 - BIG MISTAKE EDITION

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent farting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. You won't have the willpower to fast that low.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes, you Hmong.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast Q&A: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

previous

Attached: BIG MISTAKE.jpg (576x768, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YpllomiDMX0&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why can't I stop fucking killing myself with food? I've been all over the place these past 3 weeks. Sometimes fasting normally, sometimes eating like a huge pig, other times eating small, reasonable meals? I want to make a fucking commitment one way or the other but fuck I'm all over the place.

You don't hate the fat. You probably think you do. You don't hate being fat. You probably think you do.

Everyone likes to think they hate being fat. The truth is people are more comfortable than ever being fat and disgusting.

how delet manboobs once and for all

gyno? or fat?

One of those electric turkey carving knives.

That's the problem, it's too easy to be okay with being fat. But I'm still unemployed and I won't ever get a girlfriend and I'm still fucking doing nothing all day, there's no one to impress and no one for me to feel beholden to in order to not be fat.

fat

Winners are masters of self motivation. People used to survive on necessity, making them feel accomplished. You have to challenge yourself and actively hate your fat body, because nobody else will.

Daily reminder that no one in /fast/ ever posts body pics because they're all 350 pound guys who don't have the willpower to eat like a normal person so they brag about starving down to 340 before they gorge up to 360 to "refeed" and these are the people ACTUALLY purporting to give advice to clueless Jow Forums kids wandering into Jow Forums

POST BODY
O
S
T
B
O
D
Y

Attached: aa5.jpg (473x480, 68K)

Well then I guess I am screwed because I can't change my personality. I mean even what I read says that people who are really disciplined aren't people who can stop themselves the most but the people who don't really want a vice in the first place.

220 to 195 in 3 weeks, while keeping up with all lifts except squats which went to shite

Attached: fast preg.jpg (613x528, 64K)

does chewing gum while fasted break a fast?

this isnt a fasting issue but i fucked up so badly I need a place to vent. Ive been doing IF and keto and had eaten 1100 calories today, 2g of carbs, felt great, then had to go to the emergency room with my sister and got home and was on auto pilot and fucked up and ate 2 bowls of cereal. I fucked it all up and its making me want to kill myself

Best be sugar free gum

>caring this much
Pretty gay.

Great progress. You gonna keep going?

Shit happens user. Just start over and keep going

>projecting
OH NO NO NO NO NO

You're definitely not mad at two bowls of cereal. You're stressin' the emergency room trip and taking it out on eating. You probably ate it so you'd have something to simplify your feelings. Just go to bed and relax. Fasting will always be there.

It's not a mystery why so many people are obese. Some of them literally don't have what it takes. You wouldn't be the first.

Even more rare are people who will keep the weight off. Those are the ones who truly hated being fat. That's the test. Everyone who gains it back didn't develop a true disgust for fat. Most people are delusional and think they look okay.

Just keep eating keto or fast for a day or 2 to speed up getting back into ketosis. One mess up isn’t going to hinder your progress much.

Warm memo: metrics of casein (vs. whey) are evidencing that protein availability is huge for musculature gains, and potentially fat loss (because, though the science posted here on metabolic effects of fasting vs. dieting is minimalistic, keeping genetic expression great via food is an example of proper logic). "It's possible getting lots of protein with also small insulin responses (casein)". (Insulin is fat-sparing.)

Satiation is correlating with nutrition, but also flexibility, cardio, and strength.

Attached: Diets and Nutrients.png (896x942, 126K)

Oh god, I'm on day 3 and i want to kill myself. I know if I make it past this day It'll be relatively smooth sailing but I feel like I'm going to cave. I keep thinking about meat. I think about Goku gorging on ramen. I feel sick and I want to kill myself.

But I want to fast until I'm at 10% body fat. That goal is in my mind. I really really want to achieve that goal. I'm 5"8 155 lbs, 33 inch waste. I have to keep going.

Attached: 1507828644752.jpg (1000x1000, 1.13M)

Delusion is basically the root of all obesity. People who are medically overweight almost always say they ate less calories than they did. Some people say it's a natural mechanism, it's self preservation, its evolution, blah blah. It's delusion.

Your mom, asshole

Just made a meal plan /fast/

Breakfast: Glass of water
Snack: 3 cubes of ice and a swig of water
Lunch: Glass of water with a little bit of low fat water added for flavour
Snack: Small glass of water
Dinner: Ice soup, (boiled water + ice for some extra energy)
Dessert: 2 extra cold ice cubes
Midnight snack: Big glass of water (cheating a bit I know, but you gotta live a little)

Thoughts?

Tbh sounds delicious

If by smooth sailing you mean a proper refeed before more fasting - disregard this post. If not:
>smooth sailing
>already did 3 days
The fact that you guys are such tryhards makes it really hard to feel sorry for your inevitable failures.

I don't know why you guys can't grasp the concept of self moderation. Watch all of snake videos short videos and stop being autistic morons.

Feeling sick and terribly weak? Already fasted over 48 hrs? Guess what - it's time to break the fucking fast.

>with a little bit of low fat water added for flavour
the fuck is this shit

Feed me :3

Attached: mmmm.jpg (925x861, 140K)

I understand self moderation, I've done 48 fasts, I've done three consecutively in a row leading up to my current fast.

I know that after the 3rd day the sickness goes away, there is no point in breaking the fast right when I'm about to cross the hardest part.

You're right. I feel like a failure at the diet but I also feel overwhelmed after the ER and the shit that comes along with that. Thank you for helping me see that a little clearer.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate that. It's crazy that sometimes a lot of the best stuff that you need to hear comes from some random guys over the internet

Yeah, ignore the retard. I find that i feel weak and shitty when i fast and lay around doing nothing. Pushing myself to the gym or a brisk walk around the neighborhood makes me feel like im not even fasting. You got this

Perhaps I'm not active enough. I shall go for a walk in the morning.

so today i was thinking
i was at uni and my stomach growl so fucking loud that even the teacher asked me if i was ok
where does all the stomach acids go when we fast?

They boil and disappear via the air you exhale

Attached: nTLdJq4.jpg.png (250x242, 112K)

So at what day does fat loss accelerate during a fast. How many days? How do I get to loosing one pound a day?

Just fast bro

How do I fast for a month without dying

You can't.

how long should I fast before I die?

As long as it takes.

Lads I'm gonna slay some Dominos right fucking now I can't hold myself any longer

How many days should I fast to become fast?

Attached: 25wRdr2.png (2586x1567, 437K)

Never gonna make it.

Attached: images (7).jpg (400x593, 24K)

Confession- I'm 1.5 days into a 3 day fast but had sips of cola then spat them out to get craving of food out of my head.
Will I still make it bros?

Attached: 1539712111971.png (290x290, 108K)

Well, think about what you have done that's positive?

You've managed 1.5 days so far, more than most people can, good stuff. Keep going and do what you feel you need to

I would recommend buying some sparkling water and maybe use that to help you wean off, though the taste may be different the texture might help.

Just drink diet coke bro.

I was a 350 heavy-lard, now I am a 210lbs lard (after 6 months). All thanks to fasting, no exercise (I am laaazy) and keto.

If you only believe these results when you see pictures, then I can't help you. There are enough fake images around anyway, and fake research claiming fasting is bullshit and CICO is god's message to the world. My advice: Use your own brains or keep worshipping the sugar industry. Your choice.

oh correction, I meant I was 300 lbs lard, not 350. ;)

Refeed Day 1
Number of Days Fasted: 30
SW: 103.5kg / 228lbs
Weight at end of fast: 85.1kg / 187.6lbs
Weight after first day of refeed: 86.2kg / 190lbs

No bowel movement yet, still eating keto, if the Shit Fairy comes knocking today i'll make a light meal for dinner with some carbs

I did my first ever 24 hours fast and it felt ok. I wasn't hungry at all, got a good workout and I think I could have gone much longer without food.

So when I was eating my meal I started getting hungrier and I had to snack, I ate a banana, 4 pieces of chocolate and some cheese.

So here's the thing I'm thinking of doing OMAD or at least IF from now on. Lifting is very important to me, I care a lot about getting my bench to 2 pl8s.

Should I do OMAD every day without snacking? Will my lifting suffer? Is it much faster than just a deficit? I usually lose 6 pounds or so every month with a deficit and hitting prs every time.

I am 220lbs and 27-29%bf

lower your bodyfat.

no, but its important to learn from your mistakes
take this as a lesson and just think off all the time you invested and was wasted in a matter of seconds because you couldnt control your emotions

oh sweet baby jesus I'm dying! I can't do it!

you faggots are batshit.
What good is fasting if you can't sustain this lifestyle? Plus, if you fast you WILL lose muscle as well, your body can only burn so many pounds of fat a day so if your caloric defict is too high it's going to slow your metabolism and you will get to point where It's even harder to burn fat, longer fasting periods will be required and you dumbfucks are going to feel even more miserable.

Sure, eventually you might get to the point where you will have to consume no carbs at all but it has to be a gradual weekly decrease you can't just cut it all at once and expect everything to be hunky-dory again

fucking reee

you're a faggot
What good is eating multiple meals a day at a caloric deficit if you can't sustain this lifestyle? Plus, if you eat multiple meals a day at a caloric deficit you WILL lose muscle as well, your body can only burn so many pounds of fat a week so if your caloric defict is too high it's going to slow your metabolism and you will get to point where It's even harder to burn fat, longer periods of multiple meals a day at a caloric deficit will be required and you dumbfuck are going to feel even more miserable.

Sure, eventually you might get to the point where you will have to consume carbs when you get lean but it has to be a gradual daily decrease you can't just cut it all over a few years and expect everything to be hunky-dory again

you should compare notes with Dr. Jason Fung, he's done the science and it says pretty much the opposite of what you're claiming

i assume you're a scientist, doctor or PhD of some sort that has done extensive research on the topic and not some broscientist regurgitating outdated and wrong information, right?

tell us doctor, what's your background and how many years of research do you have in nutrition with a focus on fasting?

I was actually talking about waterfasting...
It doesn't matter if you eat one hugeass meal or multiple meals a day as long as your macros are ok

Attached: 1547955860363.jpg (470x470, 45K)

wrong, frequency of meals is equally important to calories and macros

How many calories in a lb of fat?

Watch all 6 parts of

youtube.com/watch?v=YpllomiDMX0&feature=youtu.be

try to really understand em and then come back.

BECAUSE YOU'RE A MEANINGLESS FAT PIECE OF SHIT. IF YOU HAD SOMETHING YOU'RE PASSIONATE ABOUT, YOU'D COMMIT YOURSELF TO BEING HEALTHY TO ACHIEVE THAT GOAL FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. BUT INSTEAD YOU'RE JUST EXISTING, SUCCUMBING TO THE ONLY THING THAT BRINGS YOU SATISFACTION IN YOUR LIFE. IS THAT WHO YOU ARE? JUST A WALKING FAT PIECE OF SHIT WHO'S DEFINED BY FOOD? GO TAKE YOUR SELF PITYING TO THE GRAVE YOU FUCKING PATHETIC DOUBLE SIZED COFFIN PIECE OF SHIT.

STOP BEING A GODDAMN PUSSY AND TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR GODDAMN LIFE. CHASE YOUR PASSION AND DIE DOING SOMETHING YOU LOVE. JUST DON'T CHASE YOUR PASSION IF YOU'RE TED BUNDY.

WHY DON'T YOU DO OMAD OR PROLONGED FASTS? YOU'D BE ABLE TO EAT BIGGER MEALS AND ON THE DAYS YOU DON'T EAT, YOU'D BE BUILDING WILLPOWER TO BEAT YOUR FOOD ADDICTION.

REPLACE LOW FAT WATER WITH NONFAT WATER AND ADD THE SALTS.

DOESN'T ACCELERATE, IT DROPS AND STABILIZES THEN DROPS MORE WHEN YOU GET LEAN. YOU MIGHT LOSE LIKE 7 POUNDS THE FIRST TWO DAYS BUT THAT ISN'T PURE BODY FAT.

YOUR SHIT MIGHT BE A LONG WHILE.

Just got visited by the shit fairy
oh my poor belly

YOU CAN DEFINITELY DO OMAD. ONLY DO 20:4 IF YOU CAN'T GET ALL OF YOUR CALORES & MACROS IN OMAD.

THAT FUCKING FAST? WAS IT PURE BLACK ABYSMAL SHIT? YOU KNOW WHAT, DON'T ANSWER THAT I'M GOING TO SLEEP.

Get a trip faggot, call it CAPSBRO or something

3 days since my refeed, and since having any caffeine. Woke up with a huge headache and nausea. Eventually got up for a sip of snake juice and almost hurled.

Is this the fast or the caffeine withdrawal?

I ate a light keto meal just then but haven't had any caffeine yet.

I wouldn’t say equally, but it is important.

Please roast me angry user.

Why did you even post then?
Eat shit, reject. I said the exact same thing cole does. If you're feeling sick the fast is over. People who can do multiweek fasts get there through various means, but being a tryhard faggot like you all seem to aspire to is just stupid. You deserve to fail for being stupid, and you will.

Do these break your fast?

I’m gonna start a long ass fast and was gonna order a box to help keep back my hunger and give me something to do every once in a while.

Attached: 8CB3815F-3404-41C3-8B3F-6DE382CC13F9.jpg (570x570, 63K)

Nicotine is a power of the dark side. Kills appetite, increases metabolism, sharpens mental faculties. But it also vasoconstricts which isn't desirable in fat burning mode, makes you more acidic and all the other memes about tobacco.

I've used it to get through fasts with zero hunger, felt a bit like cheating.

But that's the thing, I don't have a passion. Maybe I should find a passion first?

My stomach just growled a few times kind of high pitched growl that scared the shit out of me it sounded like a cat had gotten under my bed or something. Then my dog barked under the door and I let him into my room and he went searching. He thought it was a cat too.

186lbs -> 174 (6'0") over 4 weeks doing consistent 48 hour fasts and 1500 Cal refeeds. Just started lifting (almost no muscle mass right now).
Trying to get down to 160ish before the gains start arriving. I've still got a thick gut and fat fucking thighs. Not sure if I should try longer fasts or stick to 48s. I feel as if I could do 48s forever, they're so fucking easy.
tl;dr should I fast more aggressively to lose the last last few extra pounds?

We don't have a cat either. Scared the right fuck out of us.

>Will my lifting suffer?
I've been doing OMAD for more than a week. I'm not lifting as much as you but I do some dumbbell exercises, lots of pushups and crunches and stuff, combined with 8-15 miles of walking and half an hour of constantly-out-of-breath cardio for my fat ass.
OMAD keeps my completely sated and running. Every day I eat only meat/fish, eggs, nuts with a bit of veg. I struggle to hit 1300kcal per meal(day) but shit's fine, yo.
I'd say definitely give it a try.

Just get lipo bro.

I’ve never had a cigarillo before, do they have the same effect on hunger even though you don’t inhale them?

Well you DO ingest nicotine from them through the oral mucosa, not as much as from inhaling bu still. Also cigars and cigarillos contain more nicotin than cigarettes and you smoke em longer.

Was this OMAD or water fasting?

I just use gums.

Had a fucking nightmare this morning where I fried up a single piece of sushi and ate that shit.
Also that my sushi joint turned into a sushi joint on a beach, but that's secondary.

What do you guys eat on non-fasting days?

Starting a 5 day hard dry fast today

I read somewhere if you don't consume water within a week you die, but I recently gained over 20lbs and I'm wondering if that'll help with the ability to go longer without water somehow.

I just want this shit to go and I'm not fond of winter cutting so the sooner I do it the better I reckon.

Anybody here have experience dry fasting? I know it's mostly for skin conditions and stuff, but I got some skin problems I want to fix as well, and i'm just trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Attached: 1508706247405.gif (224x233, 897K)

Anything to help with acid reflux? I've had it before fasting due to drinking, and I've been taking tums. I'm over a week on water fasting and it's just annoying.

Antacid.

Two cans of tuna (170 Calories each) with lots of salt. and 400ml of multi-fruit juice for the vitamins.

I am currently doing 2MAW so your mileage may vary.

Where's the Pink Salt and NoSalt for flavor? Maybe add a swig of ACV+Baking Soda.

ACV should be taken as a shot or drunk with a straw, it's acidic, fucks up your teeth

How long after a refeed can I lift heavy?

the plan was to do 3 weeks water fasting, but it ended up one week fasting and two weeks

I'm still pooping rabbit pellets after a while. They smell like baby shit, kind of sweet and pungent instead of just stinky. Any reason why? I've had a colonoscopy before and shit everything out but it didn't smell fragrant like this

dry fasts dont make you lose fat faster

You are addicted to comfort. Become addicted to discomfort. Make yourself uncomfortable every day.

How do I stay occupied if I am not stuffing myself for my 72 hours fast?
I am only working part time (12 hours in the next 3 days) and I have to stay occupied.
Since theres no food coming in I guess going at the gym is a waste?

Are calisthenics okay?