QTDDTOTT

New thread since old one at bump limit.
For the past 5 days or so I've gone between sleeping around 10+ hours, to then having 3-4 hours or even a sleepless night followed by a nap at lunch, then back to sleeping a lot.
Would cutting out coffee, or at least switching to tea in the evenings, help restore a normal sleep pattern?

Attached: 1470842927_image.jpg (607x624, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BrU_ef7DQgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

are you drinking coffee in the evening?

I am, I drink coffee right through to bedtime, I lift usually in the afternoon with a scoop of The Curse or C4 if I feel like I need it now and again.

well yes stop drinking coffee in the evening, it should improve your sleeping

I'll do that tonight then user and will see how it goes

it might not have an appreciable effect immediately, keep that in mind
switch to tea if you need something hot, maybe a caffeine free tea like chamomile

NEPU!

Attached: 1475638060166.jpg (1530x2048, 462K)

NEPU!

Why would you not think that shooting up on caffeine before sleep would disrupt your sleep?

And it will give you an headache. Keep in mind that coffee has an half life of 6 hours, so it take some time to get out of your blood stream.

NEPU!

Are front squats supposed to be tiring your shoulders more than the legs or am I doing something horribly wrong? When do when it gets really hard to keep my elbows up but can continue with the legs? Rack the weight for a second and continue the set, drop the weight and increase reps or add weight and decrease reps?

NEPU!

NEPU!

NEPU!

NEPU!

NEPU

Also bumping my question because I'm about to buy a big tub of casein

Attached: 1536217693968.png (128x106, 11K)

been feeling discomfort in my left leg for almost the last month now, it's eased up a bit in comparison to when it first started but I want to get rid of it completely. What do, bros?

rest

NEPU!

NEPU!

I always drink black tea before bedtime, but coffee after 2pm really wrecks your sleeping pattern no matter what you do.

Also,
NEPU!

what are the best clothes for hiding gains? Asking for a friend

Attached: 4EBB13E5-CADB-4EB7-BC80-590C4C340F7D.jpg (1280x1707, 346K)

Is 5/3/1 BBB decent for hypertrophy?

anything baggy. sweatshit and sweatpant are the iconic look for insecure Jow Forumsizens

Is there any difference between eating one or another kind of breads (pic related) if they grant almost the same amount of macros?

I mean long and short terms results (I'm cutting), eating one or another will slow down or fasten up my fat loss?

Attached: Captura de pantalla 2019-02-12 a las 9.00.04 a.m..png (436x586, 484K)

thanks just ordered 2 large sweatshirts

NEPU!

NEPU!

Well wholemeal bread has a slower digestive rate meaning you'll feel fuller for longer, plus starch isn't good for you. I'm cutting and I've been eating wholemeal + chia bread and it gets me all the way to 3pm.

I need some help Jow Forums. 5'10 cutting for almost two years, 250 to 183. I've been stuck at 183 for two months. Was eating 1500kcal a day but started going to the gym in October, now at a steady 1800kcal. I do weights 4 times a week and run the other three. No changes. This shit is demotivating as shit. I'm still getting noobies gains but what do?

I need help. I've been stressed out the last month and a half and it had gotten so bad that Saturday I noticed my eyesight and thought proccesses were fucked after a particular bout where I snapped in the back room at work. This carried into Sunday and caused me to have multiple panic attacks, which I've never had before. Then yesterday my vision was still shit and now today it seems to be as well. I can still see, it's just light exposure causes afterimages more easily, I see visual static everywhere, and I'm worried. Missed work because of this shit. I just need to know; has anyone else here that has had an anxiety episode have the anxiety debilitate their eyesight for a few days and then it subsided? I'm reading that it can fuck your vision during an attack but I just need to know if someone else has gone through this first hand and come out fine. Help me bros, this is fucking scary.

What's the deal with body recomp? I keep getting conflicting information. Some sites say that you should eat at maintenance to lose fat and gain muscle whereas others say you should be eat around 200 cals below your maintenance to recomp. Has anyone had success with a recomp? How many cals did you eat? Anyone have experience with trying both methods? How much slower would muscle/strength gains be compared to a regular bulk?

Currently I'm bulking from skinny fat after years out of the gym but my bf% is already quite high and I'm starting to turn into a meatball.

Attached: 1391458675985.gif (500x418, 957K)

NEPU

What does saturated fat do other than make you fat? Does it clog arteries? What else?

How to get rid of nerves for a date? It's gonna be on a rest day so I can't even lift the nervous feels away.

Attached: talk shit....png (452x394, 339K)

Coffee within 8 hrs of sleep leads to one less hour of sleep.

So, let's say you have a coffee within 8 hrs of bed, and "sleep" 7 hours, you really only get 6 hours of deep, meaningful sleep.

It's a bad habit that I'm trying to kick too. Remember caffeine is a drug. Don't be stupid with drugs.

What are some good hamstring exercises?
>Leg Curls
Been doing that for months, looking for something new
>RDL
Due to a prior lower-back injury, I try not to overload my spine and SLDLs are already in my program.
>Glute Ham Bridge
I fucking wish, but my gym doesn't have the stand for it.

NEPU!

I've never done them, but I can imagine this is because your shoulders are a much smaller muscle group than your legs. Do fronts, and when your shoulders tire out, supplement with back squats. Keep going and slowly build up your shoulders overtime?

DESU~!

To cut? Fast.

My understanding is that casein digests slower than whey, and based on that some people say to use both, taking casein before bed so it's processed while you sleep, whereas whey would be more fitted to taking closer to when you workout.

NEPU!

NEPU!

NEPU

NEPU!

Recomping at a high body fat sounds retarded to me.

Cut/fast/loseweight, and only recomp when you reach a sustainable weight.

I recomped for like, 4-6 months? Started at 185 lbs and like, 20%bf. Finished still at 185 lbs, and like 12%bf. Just ate at maintenance.

I'm currently on a recomp thing now, I guess? Just internment fasting, low carb, eating at maintenance minus a good 150 kcals. I don't have the same muscular endurance, but strength hasn't dwindled.

Do negatives for chin ups/pull ups help the actual exercise? How so if they do?

what is the real difference between a beginner, intermediate, or advamced program?

is it strength? volume? isolation?

Any tips lads? Also only reason row is so low is because I missed one session and it went down by like 15kg

Attached: Screenshot_20190212-150625.png (1440x2880, 144K)

NEPU!

NEPU!
I friggin need it.

NEPU!

NEPU!

NEPU!

How inefficient and dyel is this? Been casually lifting for around 4 years now. Still dyel as fuck but I have sleeping issues and get anywhere between 4-8ish hours of sleep. I usually try to take measures in getting good sleep like going to bed at 7 or 8. Try and get my mind to focus on one thing. Listen to calm stuff in bed etc

Chest/tris day
rest
Legs day
rest
Back/bis day
rest
shoulders
rest

Attached: cozy winter.gif (500x288, 149K)

How many warmup sets should I do for compound movements?
I'm currently doing a variation of greyskull, and John (the author of Greyskull) doesn't really go over it in his book (only posts an example and two)
I'll be heading to the gym later today and do some bench and squats. Is it really needed to do 5 warmup sets for each exercise, for example;
>1x10 bar
>2x5 40% 5RM
>1x5 70% 5RM
>1x3 85% 5RM
Is it really necessary or should I just get a "feel" for when I'm warmed up and not think so autistically about it?

Attached: religious man praying to allah before ramadan.png (300x261, 117K)

Is holding weight a useful alternative to doing reps. I broke my collarbone a month ago and my chest, delta and lats are getting soft.

Yesterday at the gym I used a cable machine, held the weight back like I was rowing with it, and took a couple steps back. I held it for maybe ten or 15 seconds. It felt like my lats were at least being used a bit.

I cant move my left shoulder with any weight. Is there any other alternatives?

NEPU!

This isn't really a lot, it's what I do roughly. You don't really need to rest between them so it doesn't take long.

A big difference would be how often you can add weight

Alright, I'll do it then and see how it goes/feels
Thanks for the input, bro

Nepu!

Best way to measure miles while/before running?

>18 y/o
>5"9'
>230lbs
How fucked am I bros?

Yes, I switched to decaf coffee and it really helped me stick with a consistent sleep schedule.
NEPU!

NEPU!

You aren’t, but get fit now while you’re young. Fat people have the advantage of being able to build muscle on their first cut, and having a cooler transformation than those who start out skinny.

NEPU!

NEPU!

NEPU!

NEPU!

Any downside to working out abs before lifting weights?

So I just came home from the doctor because of my shoulder pain when benching heavy. Seems like I have some shoulder impingement as my subacromical bursa seems to be "stronger" than its counterpart or some shit. He basically just told me to not bench or do other stuff that hurts for 3-5 weeks. When I asked him about corrective exercises or how to strengthen the antagonist to fix this he basically told me he doesnt give training advice...

So I guess my question is, with that knowledge which exercise could I do to fix this muscular problem because the way I see it if I have a disbalance here just waiting for it to go away and then continueing on as before wont fix it long term...

Attached: subacromial-bursitis.jpg (400x550, 83K)

Helb

If I'm running late during my workout before work, should I finish the muscle group I'm on, go to work, and finish the rest after work? Or would it be better to just not come back after?

>BURSitis

youtu.be/BrU_ef7DQgs

I have power blocks, adjustable weight bench, EZ curl bar, and pull up bar.

Any routines I can look into utilizing that equipment

I wish I looked better bros. My skin is so pale that sometimes I look great and other times, almost entirely dependant on the lighting, I look terrible and like an old man.

I can’t tell if I’m naturally good looking or naturally bad looking or somewhere in th middle

Would tanning help me?

I would advice you to take your doctors advice, and perhaps do a little more research on the topic instead of asking autists on a danish hotdog eating forum.
But alas if you want my 2 cents, I would say maybe switch over to dumbbells.

Also, would doing as many push-ups as I can every morning when I wake up impact my lifts at all?

What's an ideal routine for someone who's a weakcunt and wants to gain strength? I dont even know if I should lift for aesthetics anymore because im just straight up weak.
>170lbs
>5'10"
>moderate level of daily activity (work construction but am just an elechicken)

Sometimes I'd just go into my "home gym" (garage w/ bench + rack + bar) and try to do bench + arnold/military press + squats + curls + skullcrushers but I dont even know if I'm getting enough "volume"/"intensity" (would usually be about 5 sets of 5 3x a week). Thats not even getting into how retarded and inefficiently im managing my diet.

>tl;dr: weakcunt wants to not be weakcunt anymore

Attached: 1549608490742.jpg (1899x1899, 78K)

NEPU!

If you do a few to wake up in the morning it shouldn't matter much, but if you max out and make your muscles tired then I assume it'll impact your lifts

NEPU!
Starting Strength if that’s your goal. You can always add accessory movements after the main routine if you’d like.
The answer is not really. You might get some hypertrophic gains a bit but overall no real impact.
Get your vitamin D from the sun but start easy and apply sunscreen. Tanning oil is a meme.

>Starting Strength if that’s your goal. You can always add accessory movements after the main routine if you’d like.
But "how long" should I be lifting for? sometimes i'll try a routine and I finish my workout after like 20-30 minutes and I feel like that wasn't "enough", even with ~1min breaks in between sets. Do I need to add more volume or what?

Guys, can someone give me the link to that lifting tracking site with different body colours for differnent lift levels?

symmetricstrength.com

Thank you!

Is this any good?

Attached: 20190212_130031.jpg (1080x2002, 664K)

What lifts do I work on if im too weak to do even one (1) full pullup/chinup

Attached: 1522161868219.jpg (500x500, 109K)

what are signs of low testosterone in young men?

What's a good 3 day/week routine for a beginner? My skinnyfat friend wants to be a twink.

Stronglifts

With accessories, right?

yes.
lower yourself down from the bar slowly. it hits the same muscles but much less and with less effort. Do this enough and you'll be able to do pull ups
tiredness, low sex drive, low willingness to do shit, erectile dysfunction, small balls, irritability and general mood issues. It's not too much to worry about if you've not started lifting yet. If you have been lifting for at least a month and experience these, go to a doctor.

>lower yourself down from the bar slowly. it hits the same muscles but much less and with less effort. Do this enough and you'll be able to do pull ups
But I can't pull myself up there to begin with..
>tiredness, low sex drive, low willingness to do shit, erectile dysfunction, small balls, irritability and general mood issues. It's not too much to worry about if you've not started lifting yet. If you have been lifting for at least a month and experience these, go to a doctor.
What should one do if they see a doctor and have confirmed low test but the doctor refuses to put them on a corrective regimen of TRT

i started the coolcicada ppl. it usually takes me about 30 to 40 minutes. am i doing it wrong?

NEPU