Why do people start gaining huge amounts of weight after 25 years old, despite eating the same diet?

Why do people start gaining huge amounts of weight after 25 years old, despite eating the same diet?

Attached: article-2413628-1BA739C0000005DC-472_634x688.jpg (634x688, 54K)

they don't

Short answer: Nobody knows. That's the actual, unironic truth. There are all sorts of bullshit old wive's tales that """researchers""" keep telling everyone like that you are "less active" as you grow older (you know, because it's teenagers jogging, not middle aged people) or that you eat different or some shit. But the fact is nobody knows. Your body's metabolism just goes to shit and nobody knows why because just about zero effort is going into doing research to figure it out.

I'm 28
Didnt get any fatter in the last years. If anything leaner. My friends are the same so far

>Muh anecdotal "mine works"

Almost as good as pm'ing the fix

They don't generally, it's just the cumulative effect of overeating everyday day for the last 25yrs.
Example, only 100 extra calories/day = 364000/year = 10lbs of fat.

Get back with us after you hit 30. It absolutely happens to everyone. EVERYONE. Some it just hits sooner.

Yeah these calories are stored in the appendix. If you get yours removed you basically hacked old age.

They keep eating as if they're still a fit and active 22 year old but stop actually being active, and just pile on the weight.

This happened to everyone I knew out of high school. The ones with nothing going on in life got fat and those who tended to be better off ended up losing weight/got fit.

Sedentary life.... that’s it.

What?

They always throw the metabolism slows down as you age card as it if made any real difference. In reality they are eating more while being less active. I'm sure 99% of the population doesn't have the slightest idea how any of these things work.

No, this is a very commonly repeated lie and it needs to stop. What 20 year old have you met who's half as active as someone in their 30s or 40s? Maybe once they get to their 50s, but your metabolism slowing down is not a fiction. It is a real, physiological change.

No college means girls stop getting stared at all the time and guys don’t have as much poon to chase.

Bullshit, those 30 year olds aren't in the gym, they're not in the beach, they're not going out except to eat, and the highest their heartbeat gets is when getting yearly head from their frigid bitch wife.

The 30 year olds who are keeping active, at least insofar as not sitting on their ass snacking for 80% of the day, keep active fine. 40 year labourers have 0 trouble keeping fit and they eat like shit.

No, they're fucking jogging every day and eating fucking kale. The 20somethings are watching spongebob and smoking pot.

And you need to stop right now. You're not right, you'll never be right. Slowing metabolism is not something fat or old people made up. It's a basic fact of literally every single human on earth's biology past a certain age. But when has bullshit not replaced fact on Jow Forums?

Ah, the 30 year old yoga healthfags who keep in shape and directly prove you wrong?

Your point is worthless. TDEE lowers by like 400 kcal for your average sized male from 22 to 65. That's not some magical power-down that prevents any and all attempts at keeping health, making them instantly pile on weight, that's a tilt-shift that accounts for like two snacks a day.

Get fucked you fatass apologist.

Changing sports to alcohol and driving everywhere is usually the reason when it happens but basically this idea that it happens to a huge amount of people is complete bullshit.

>TDEE lowers by like 400 kcal for your average sized male from 22 to 65

So if a pound of fat is 3,500 calories and their TDEE lowered by 400 but they kept eating the same as before, it would take just 8 days to gain 1 pound of fat (3,500/400=8.75). Your comment pretty much proves it's true.

>Why do people start gaining huge amounts of weight after 25 years old
You made a blanket statement. one anecdote is enough to despute it.

>Ah, the 30 year old yoga healthfags who keep in shape and directly prove you wrong?
You're missing the point, you fucking moron. They didn't HAVE to do that when they were 17. They do NOW.

And again, this is not an argument. I'm simply reminding you that you are wrong, as is usual for the site. Go do 10 fucking minutes of research to find out of people's metabolism slows as they age. You may be surprised to find out that the answer is "yes".

Metabolism does slow down, especially if you eat dirty, people get jobs, become sedentary, many reasons.

Besides lack of exercise and heavy metals toxicity, polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs) are to blame as they accumulate in your tissues overtime and by the time you are in your thirties there are enough of those to fuck your metabolism (more estrogen/cortisol, less androgens, lower thyroid function, insulin resistance...)

Also, 400 calories is a fucking lot. You're supremely, brain-damaged levels of retarded.

Not everyone is a fucking jock in high school. You people literally live in a fucking snow globe. Have you even seen actual trees or grass?

You'll know when you hit 25, kiddo. You'll know.

>be 25
>eat like a 16 yo during a growth sprut
HOW is it surprising you get fat?
nobody teaches adults proper adult nutrition, it should be a thing.

Have you considered not being a fat piece of whining shit and actually doing something about it? Of course you haven't.

> Why do people start gaining huge amounts of weight after 25 years old
Body growing completely stopped. Sedentary life.
>despite eating the same diet?
That is something questionable.

Small calorie surplus adds up over time.

E.g.:
If you eat a surplus of 125 calories per day (which might just be an extra cookie on top of an otherwise reasonable diet) you will gain ~6kg per year. Now if you start at a healthy weight at 20 years old you will be 60kg overweight at 30, i.e. morbidly obese. Yet you will wonder wtf happened because the process was so slow and steady.

>tfw 32
>everyone around me is getting fatter every year
>I stay the same
Only thing I keep hearing from people is "You've never been fat so you wont get fat". I'm 6'4 at 230lbs, i've been 270lbs once in my life when I went on a Mcdonalds diet for some reason.

People get lazy when they get older, that's the reason they get fat.

Attached: 28c.png (726x400, 610K)

this and this

Lifestyle and activity changes. I'm 38 and when I started getting fat a few years ago it was because I was getting really stressed at work and eating more junk food. I also hurt my back stopped going to the gym. Having kids makes it harder to get to the gym because they have obligations and you're always running around.

People starting their careers and are a lot less active than they used to be but still eat the same.

No you got an extra zero there

Insulin resistance from eating a predominantly carb-centric diet with frequent snacking throughout the day. This coupled with a sedentary lifestyle and not burning through all that glycogen causes people to slowly gain weight throughout the years, culminating in beetus by 40.

t. /fast/

Marriage. Complacency.

Attached: 1545972134548.jpg (400x402, 40K)

stress and the slow loss of muscle mass due to lack of exercise which leads to a decreased metabolism

Pfft, just watch what you eat and exercise, you lazy faggot

Boomer here. Best condition of my life at 30. Age 35 now bald patches and a thick layer of tummy day that just won't go away. Gains are harder to achieve and I don't have veins on my biceps anymore. No smoking and moderate drinking. Basically your metabolic rate and genetics are limited once you pass a certain age threshold. It sucks because you didn't do anything wrong you just got older. I'm seriously considering a hair transplant. I know guys my age that married because they simply are now too ugly to attract another woman.

based Trekposter

This.

People move out on their own, get into long term relationships and the smart ones get decent salaries by then. They get lazier with their home living and cooking and eat like shit and get fat.

The metabolism slows down to an extent but its mostly lifestyle.

38 here, too. I've been making strength and other health gains for the past four years, but I've noticed just this year it's much easier to put on unwanted weight. I'm afraid I might have to actually start counting calories now.

Their diets get worse, especially if they have a desk job, and most people stop all physical activity by that age

It doesn’t happen to everyone. It happens to most people, by a long shot, but to say it happens to everyone is ignorant. It’s as simple as people prioritizing other things over their body, health and athletic performance with age. Aging itself is a contributing factor, but it’s not the deciding factor, and not something that can’t be staved off.