Why is my Progression so slow?

TLDR: I feel like I am doing everything correctly. What causes my progress to be so slow? Don't think it's genetics, I started out pretty strong.

I started lifting in June (9months ago) and my progress is really slow. I started out with these stats:
>Squat: 90kg 3x5 (198lbs)
>Deadlift: 130kg 1repmax (286lbs)
>Bench: 60kg 3x5 (135lbs)

I thought these numbers were pretty good for a beginner. That's why I'm surprised that I've made so little progress. My lifts are like this now:
>Squat: 110kg 3x5 (242lbs)
>Deadlift 145kg 1repmax (319lbs)
>Bench 70kg 3x5 (154lbs)

Wtf could I be doing wrong?
>I eat in a surplus of 500 calories.
>protein: 170g/day - I weigh 75kg (165lbs)
>I follow a 3x5 program with 3 workouts/week.

Pls help Jow Forums I feel like I'm flushing gains down the toilet somehow :(

Attached: Ocean.jpg (1080x1349, 1.74M)

Just continue lifting

did you fall for the SS meme?

Do more sets. You're progressing fine.
5x5 5scoops goddammit

post routine
how often do you see gains, like how exactly did you get your 20/15/10kg increases
are you aware of what good form is, what bracing is, what leg drive is

Go either 5x5 or 3x8-12 to add more volume

I will, just makes me frustrated to think that I could be closing in on 1/2/3/4 by now.

Thanks man, I could start doing 5x5.

Here's my program, might be bad(?)

A
Squat 3x5
Bent over Row 3x5
Bench 3x5

Bicep curls 3x8
Tricep extensions 3x8
Facepulls 3x10
end

B
Squats 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
OHP 3x5

Bicep curls 3x8
Tricep extensions 3x8
Facepulls 3x10
end

>no mention of brojobs with gymbro
>Not making it

Wonder why

Nah it's fine

a) your lower body can't recover from squatting heavy every workout now. Keep lower body 3x5 & 1x5, but do light squats on B workout. Like 80% of A for 2x5. Use it to iron out form.

b) your upper body either can't recover, doesn't get enough volume, or your form on bench is shit and you can't get tight and you don't use leg drive, or any combination of the above. So first make sure your bench & ohp form is good. Second figure out if you underrecover - add a day of rest between two workouts and see if that makes it better. If all of the above doesn't help, ye you need more volume, but don't just move everything to 5x5, do like monday - 5x5 bench, wed - 3x5 ohp, fri - 3x5 bench, or move upper body to intermediate programming like texas method.

But I'm betting learning to get tight and using leg drive will give you maybe 10kg of further progress on bench.

>do like monday - 5x5 bench, wed - 3x5 ohp, fri - 3x5

Thanks, I'll try this.

Look into greyskull LP

Slightly better progression method but similar to what you are doing and abit more volume but not as much as 5x5 which might be too much just yet.

Also stop overhead pressing and swap it for close grip bench press. Better for triceps and OHP imdoesnt have great carryover for bench.

For shoulders just Google joe defrancos shoulder shocker and throw them in once or twice a week.

Your progress isn't bad at all mate the idea you should be nearly doing 1234 is bullshit at 9 months. If you feel like you are stalling look at greyskull LP basically adds an all out set at the end to determine weight increase for next workout.

Dude the main most certain thing is about squatting 2x a week not 3x a week, I don't know if you need more volume for upper body or more rest

ohp is used in those routines because it doesn't really hit front delts/tris as hard as bench so it can be done without impacting recovery much and you bench fresh on friday
if you start doing cgbp instead of it you might underrecover for friday I think, and it would be better to do heavier tricep assistance on monday/friday, like rolling tricep extensions instead of tricep extensions, instead of that. But then again I was a novice a long time ago so yeah

I'm conflicted on what to do now...

Attached: 3hm.jpg (800x450, 43K)

This is not nearly enough to build gains on bench. You should rotate on a PPL routine and focus only on 1-2 areas per day

I thought so too but basically all 5x5 programs are structured like that.

Fuck that. Do GZCLP and remember to not be a bitch and don't be afraid of heavier weight. That helped me. If you can only train for 2 days per week, that's a different thing. Did you include progressive overload?

You are simply no longer a beginner. Which basicly means as natty you cannot get away with 3 days lifting/week. Try 4, if you have really a lof of time 5.

Weight lifting isn't something you do for a few months then call it a day. It's life long. As long as you're shredded by the day you die your progress is fine. Just keep a pace you can maintain forever.

Yea to be honest that's very bad progression. 20 pounds increase on bench in 9 months. You're not eating enough and not training properly at all. Nobody has genetics that bad

That's just so wrong. 154 pound bench is "no longer beginner?!?!?!?!" And no, train 3x a week is absolutely not the reason. 3x a week is better for strength gains assuming you are doing AXBXA

I benched 3x8 135 pounds after 3 weeks of gym, and according to him I only weight 5 pounds more. It's totaly related to training sessions, eventually noob gains run out, and you have to fight for every gain, especially if you have genetics for hungry skelly mode.
I am not saying he should train 10 times more, but at this point a 4 day brosplit would do wonder for him I think

>3x5
That is your mistake, it means your first two out of three are underweight. Increase weight until you fail at 5, then reduce it and maintain the rep count of 5. Increase deadlift reps. Overall you are only doing 31 reps in a day, lol.

Why are you only doing 3 different exercises? Where is your triceps and back work?

Take creatine. Increase calorie surplus to 1000. Do the exercise as fast as possible, F = ma. Good protein intake, keep at it.

As usual, namefags are fucking braindead

Attached: 8d6.png (645x729, 128K)

Yea switching training up is probably the best thing he can do, totally agree. But if bodyweight was climbing I would think his bench would go up 20 pounds or more without even training based off of F=MA. Needs far more calories

are there girls who are so perfect and beautiful that they just end up being plain boring?

As usual toxic cunts don't have an argument or anything constructive to add to the thread, just baiting. Why am I not suprised

Progress slows drastically after the first few months OP. If you haven't changed up your routine any, do this to shock your muscles by hitting them in new ways. You can alternatively swap out to more sets with fewer reps or fewer sets with more reps.

Try upping your protein and carb consumption if you havent been gaining any weight. Remember that at best you will only be gaining about 0.5 pounds of muscle per week as a natty guy.

some people can't squeeze much from naive noob gains and have to start seriously programming very early, not saying that noob gains are over but for some imbalances or shit like for some people they may be hard to really make use of