Is proper form a meme when trying to gain mass?

Is proper form a meme when trying to gain mass?

Attached: Arnold-Schwarzenegger-t-bar-row.jpg (595x767, 59K)

No you retard. Without proper form your risk injuring yourself.

No it's so you can actually lift the weight. Its like trying to get good at guitar but telling scales to fuck off

Just make sure your muscle is under constant tension. Otherwise your tendons and ligaments will have to deal with the weight and this can give you a big ouchy reall fast especially when curling heavily.

Attached: 1546211370214.png (595x447, 72K)

But I gots music dyslexia

Form doesnt matter as much when youre powerlifting since you’re trying to recruit as many muscle fibers to push as much weight as possible.

Of course proper form isnt a meme retard. Without good form the exercises wont do shit and you'll just end up with injuries that set your gains back

Is this question unironic? It better not be. Can't make gainz in snapcity u mongoloid sperglord

How do I lift with/make sure I have proper form if I have nobody to lift with and lift at home in my garage

Attached: 1523200987387.jpg (1280x720, 35K)

get a mirror and watch videos that show proper form

Roundabout way to say you can't play guitar, get good.

Fuck form. Lift the heaviest deadlift your baby hands can handle. Remember the deadlift is a back lift. Make sure you're using all of you back.

Dont forget to lock your knees, lift with your spine in a jerking motion

You must do every exercise with proper form, no exceptions.
However, to maximize gains you should do everything with strict form all the time.
Proper form means to position your frame in relation to the weight in the optimal leverage point, without putting unnecessary strain on the weaker parts of your body in relation to the execersize.
What I believe you are referring to is 'strict' form. Breaking strict form means to incorporate another muscle group that wasn't meant to be targeted in the execersize you're performing in order to complete a repetition. It is a form of cheating, but also a way to do sort of a 'drop-set' with the same weight. For example: using your legs in a barbell row or using your legs in a jerking motion in the overhead press. You can also split the latter into our two categories we first listed;
Using a jerking motion starting at the legs to complete a rep while doing a dumbbell overhead press is bad form, and can lead to injury.
Using the same motion with a barbell is breaking strict form in order to complete a repetition your shoulders alone wouldn't be able to.
As always, in order to look and perform like an athlete, you have to train like an athlete.

Shucks.
In line number 2 it should read:
"...to maximize gains you SHOULDN'T do everything with strict form all the time."

Sorry guys, phoneposting is what I'm reduced to at this time.

Also yell out loud "nigger" if you're at a busy gym for maximum lat activation

And when you finish a rep hold your hips 9 inches infront of your shoulders/heels

film yourself and ask on fitnes forums. also censor your face

>posts a picture of arnold
>hasn't read his book on bodybuilding
it's like you don't even want to make it

just warm up lol

Only way to snapcity bb

you dont need proper form but it makes you not want to die from backpain later so its kinda good

with rows and shrugs yeah it's a meme, everything else you'll fuck your shit up

no but you shouldn’t be lifting heavy enough for it to matter