Protein water

You can drink this shit like water and it has 36g protein and 140 calories per bottle, Is this the ultimate cutting fuel?

Attached: 052603056069-2.jpg (1200x1200, 276K)

Stock is mostly collagen and not a very good protein source. Just buy whey isolate powder.

ohfuck is this legit

>calories 35
>protein 9g

science be damned.

Ya but google is saying that collagen is good for bones and joint pain and shit like that, that seems really good to me.

i don't think anyone is gonna use this to replace eating meat, you drink it with your meat chomo

this. the label is a lie.

it's same as pork rinds.. it's all collagen, not protein that youd ordinarily think of for consumption.

it's pretty much devoid of nutrition

When did anyone say anything about using it to replace meat? I was just mentioning that it's not a very good source of protein and there are better alternatives to supplement

how is it a lie? you cant just say its a lie and not give a reason why.

Do you know how many calories there are in a gram of protein?

no but it seemed like it was way to low calories for how much protein was in it

1g protein = 4kcal
9g protein = 36kcal
35kcal = 36kcal? rtfs

ok bro just calm down

ill calm down when you stop being fucking retarded.

didn't i just explain this to you? i'm not so sure that the nutrients leeched out of bones and sinew by boiling have any caloric content. same as skin.

That will be a long time

look here, retard.

same concept.. skin and bones/connective tissue have a lot of the same "proteins" in them. they aren't made of amino acids, though.

Attached: baken-ets-traditional.jpg (506x618, 79K)

and to further prove my point, here's irrefutable proof that you are wrong as fuck

Attached: 817RR0WRTnL._SL1500_.jpg (752x1500, 159K)

Just eat meat you retards, liquid foods on a cut will never satiate you

Ya but what if they do? have you tried? I mean to slap another 36g of protein on top of a typical cut meal for only 140 extra calories sounds pretty fuckin satiating.

What do you know they best answer was the first post

if youre only getting 35 calories, you arent getting 9g of protein. didnt i just explain this to you?

5g fat = 45 kcal
7g protein = 28 kcal
45kcal + 28kcal = 73kcal
73kcal =/= 80kcal
FALSE LABEL

2g protein = 8kcal
5kcal =/= 8kcal
FALSE LABEL

its simple math retards, sorry you never made it past 3rd grade

Its not exactly 4.00kcal per gram, but yeah

look, motherfucker.

you understand that "collagen" and "gelatin" are proteins, right? just like your hair and nails are made of proteins..

these proteins don't contain amino acids therefore the standard calorie conversions DO NOT WORK as they are not sources of your standard proteins.

well by this retards argument protein is only 2.5kcal per gram. a whopping 37.5% difference in what has been accepted

connective tissue definitely consists of amino acids. but they contain less amino acids that are helpful for building muscle (e.g. leucine) and more AAs that are helpful for building connective tissue (e.g. glycine, proline, and serine).

look up what "amino acids" are, because what you're saying is wholly incorrect.

4 =/= 2.5
im sorry you cant understand basic numbers.

>these proteins don't contain amino acids
Dude EVERY protein is composed of a single or multiple folded chains of amino acids. A few proteins have a few extra atoms that have special functionality, but other then that all proteins are nearly 100% made from amino acids.

imagine being this confident but being totally fucking wrong

sure, whatever, my point is that it's composition is vastly different than protein from animal flesh.

it's not my argument, fuckhole. you think it's some VAST conspiracy where the pork rind, broth, and gelatin overlords are attempting to undermine scientific knowledge?

just look at the nutrition values, i'm not the one making this up. you guys are wondering "how could this be?" and i'm offering an explanation

Collagen lacks several amino acids, it's a fucking shit protein, wheat is vastly superior in comparison and wheat is trash.

>you think it's some VAST conspiracy where the pork rind, broth, and gelatin overlords are attempting to undermine scientific knowledge?
No but now that you said it, its got me thinking.......

no ones asking "how could this be" its being stated that "it cant be" because its a fact.

FALSE LABELS
A
L
S
E

L
A
B
E
L
S

the GOAT
>85 cal
>20g proton
what the fuck is the catch bros?

Attached: 51oflYcs1TL.jpg (500x417, 52K)

Ok but it is, so

im guessing the price and artificial sweeteners

the only thing it is, is FALSE LABELS

Nah bro I think you're false

OR! it could be different protein with different nutritional values

Attached: 317.png (500x501, 90K)

The proteins are broken down to AAs during digestion so the structure other than the AAs is irrelevant retard

LOL

lol what? is that your retort?

Ok lets glaze over some basic fuckin biology real quick

AAs are the building blocks of proteins. Collagen is a protein. Made mostly of repeating subunits of Glycine, Proline, and hydroxyproline (proline that is covalently modified).

Your stomach contains digestive enzymes. When you eat protein, these digestives enzymes break protein down into Amino Acids that can be absorbed by your intestines. These aminos acids are then used by your body to make your very own proteins.

>t. med school fag

Attached: 1542069933307.jpg (921x640, 100K)

nobody's disputing any of that

what's contentious is whether or not the protein in the foods i've posted have a lesser caloric value than proteins found elsewhere.

Attached: 1529035223930.jpg (480x363, 17K)

proteins are literally made of amino acids and you state that those protein do not contain aa

right, i said i admitted that wasn't correct.

how do you explain the pork rinds being 50% protein by weight, but also "not a significant source of protein".

HMMMM??

Attached: 1540242775816s.jpg (113x124, 2K)

> have a lot of the same "proteins" in them.
> aren't made of amino acids

Protein isnt some magical substance. It has building blocks, which is amino acids. You cant have protein without amino acids.

OP you are wasting your time with this. The protein in this doesnt contain essential amino acids and only amino acids your body can already make by itself.

I already take a aa supplement that has leucine, isoleucine, valine, carnitine tartrate, glutamine, tyrosine, and histidine in it so wouldn't the two go great together?

Basically my logic is if the bone broth lacks amino acids I can get from a supplement then you could utilize the protein in the bone broth by taking the two in combination without increasing the calories.

Whey protein isolate
>typically has 5.5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs
>low calorie
>easy to digest
>can be found relatively cheap

Attached: 2172_mainimage.png (620x835, 589K)

Ya but that like 4 times the calories

Attached: Screenshot_20190212-153958_Chrome.jpg (1080x1210, 369K)

>irrefutable proof
>some random label

Wtf is happening in this thread

so back to the original question; is bone broth useful for a healthy diet? Is it more useful with a post workout that contains bcaa?

why would they? and why would it matter?

People not understanding amino acid profiles and arguing about things that weren't in question

Bone broth and collagen in general is the latest meme supplement pushed on people who do keto.

But its not actually a meme, its been a staple for millions of years.

I just say it's a meme because people act like it's some sort of new revolutionary superfood. Don't get me wrong it's good for you but the health benefits are really overblown

OP, it wouldn’t be bad to sip on bone broth, but it doesn’t have balanced amino acids. You would still need to keep your protein intake from other sources at the same level

>the same "proteins" in them. they aren't made of amino acids, though.

Wow look at this retard who never took basic biology. Fuck do you think proteins are made of, by definition?