What martial art should I learn/do you do?

What martial art should I learn/do you do?
Aikido looks sweet

Attached: D68BC442-9214-4C92-B1FE-8DD83AE18017.jpg (320x240, 23K)

Aikido is trash

i did it for 7 years and i can really tell you, its trash pick something else trust me.

Attached: 1549700943151.jpg (544x960, 115K)

Boxing

Do Muay Thai and BJJ

Same here.
Did it four years like madman in high school. Learned nothing.
It doesn't work.
It doesn't get you out of your comfort zone.
It doesn't make you face an angry dude with gloves trying to punch you.
It doesn't teach you self-confidence.
It doesn't teach you to question your practice, just do whatever the teacher shows you obediently and you'll get your hakama.
People will tell you about the "values" of martial arts, but aikido doesn't teach you that. It teaches out of shape fifty somethings into deluding themselves that they are "grandmaster". There is no humility in the community, just a bunch of gurus competing for influence over naive students.

Don't waste your time with this trash martial arts.

Juijitsu

Aikido looks sweet, teaches you how to break falls, and has 2-3 techniques that may be sorta useful as long as you train a real martial art alongside aikido. If you want to learn how to fight do boxing/jiu jitsu/greco-roman wrestling.

>teaches you how to break falls,
You could learn that much better in a gymnastics class.

aikido 's a meme. If it was that good, why can't we see at least one MMA fighter that does aikido?

Aikido? more like ayyy-kiddo

This

Anything from East Asia is a trash meme that hasn't been used for actual fighting in over a thousand years (except MT).

aspiring mmafag here.

If I train for a year in MT, BJJ, and Judo, how successful would I be in openly challening aikido grandmasters in my area with me only using boxing against them?

You could take them with a month of boxing

Muay Thai, bjj, sambo, judo only these actually work. Oh and probably wrestling

Really depends. If they're lazy seagalesque fat blobs of pretense they'll decline. The only real chance of someone accepting your challenge is they're trained in something else, so the fight could go either way, or they've been truly memed which isn't THAT common. Back when I did aikido the sensei was trained in wrestling in addition to aikido and every time it was brought up he stressed that we shouldn't get any dumb ideas about going into a street fight with this flashy aikido shit.

I looked into it once but it seemed pretty sketchy, I decided against it.

Depends what you want out of this OP. If you want to learn how to fight, do something that gets you in a ring fighting or sparring heavily. Boxing, MMA, BJJ, Muay Thai are probably good ones.
If you don't want to hit people try Judo, or just look up street self-defence classes.

Aikido is pretty bad.

The original founder was like 4'11 and a bunch of the techniques hinge on ducking under people's arms, rolling past them and shit like that. You are also discouraged from using any kind of natural advantage. I have really strong hips and legs; if planted my feet nobody in the dojo could move me at all. I was told I was doing Aikido wrong and told to rearrange my feet into an extremely disadvantageous position where I could get thrown.

You also learn zero practical defensive skills. Literally just leg kicks will destroy any Aikido user. Any kind of attack that isn't throwing a telegraphed karate punch or overhand chop will fuck them up. It's not even a good fitness deal and people get hurt all the fucking time throwing themselves at the floor learning nothing.

Boxing. Wrestling. Jits.

Muay Thai if you want to kick people and elbow them in the face.

I did judo casually for a couple years. I wouldn't claim it's in any way practical if you care about that but it's a good time. I always thought it was really cool how once you'd gotten the technique down the actual throwing part of a throw wasn't so much doing actual work as much as letting gravity take over.

Aikido isn't practical at all, its like dancing; the opponent has to be trained in aikido for the techniques to work because they how to react. Ever technique is like a coreographed move. I wanted to do a Japanese martial art so I went with traditional Ju Jitsu, at least in that we focus on techniques that would actually work in real life, like wrist locks, disarming techniques and throws.

Just seconding this.

Although as long as you can freely spar with people, there's actually people to spar with, and it lets you push yourself, it'll probably be fine.
"Freely spar" meaning there's not too many rules that need to be in place for the McDojo pajama art to actually fucking work.

Attached: slam ko and elbows overkill small.gif (415x268, 3.03M)