Sports Physio/Physiotherapy Job

Had this thread earlier in the week but thought I'd make it one more time

I've only realised what I want to do in life after it's too late.

>Been to uni twice, two different locations to study Comp Sci
>Hated it
>Dropped out and now work in a bank

Turns out my passion is for physio but I've fucked it up, don't think any uni will accept me for a 3rd time..

Question is should I put my time and money (over £10k for first year not including living expenses) to try and make it in my dream career?

I'm torn between the 'you can do anything' meme and hard reality

Attached: 1549901502495.jpg (930x1395, 118K)

I know a girl who was an investment banker for 30 years. Hated it and became a physio.

Never too late user.

Most unis don't really give a shit, just apply anyway

What a fucking beauty

>Be me
>Male psychiatric nurse
>400k starting

>me
>male nurse
>8 figure salary
Winning

Just wanted an excuse to post

Attached: 1549790964278.webm (800x332, 2.97M)

a-user please this is about physio

There are people who go to uni in their 60's and 70's, probably for meme courses most of the time but my point is just go for it man if that's definitely what you want to do. Do you intend to apply now to start in September 2019 or wait until 2020? Because the UCAS deadline was 15th January or something like that, but you might still be able to get in or apply for clearing.

If you want to try to go for 2020 entry then you could even look for short courses, access courses etc that you could do in the meantime which would strengthen your application. If it's a four year degree it might work out cheaper if you can do 2 years at college and then get direct entry into 3rd year at uni, you can typically do that in Scotland although I dunno how it works where you are.

If you hate your current job/prospects then you might as well do it, you only YOLO once so just b yourself and all that. Good luck bro

Need to do an access course which hopefully I'll start next year, so looking to apply 2020

I'm in England so only a few unis actually do the physio degree but I'm going to use this time to unoffically study on my own and prep

Cheers la

If you're studying independently you should try to find short courses, seminars, certificate awards etc. If you do that and then explain your situation to the unis i.e.

>you changed degree
meaning you're clever enough to get in, already understand how uni works and can study independently
>you've gained independent certs/qualifications
shows a lot of interest and prior knowledge/experience of the subject

This shit will look great on your application and you could potentially blag your way onto 2nd or 3rd year and save yourself a few grand. I did this, got into 3rd year on a course that was only loosely related to my college diploma, then dropped out and did it again into 3rd year on another course that was again loosely linked to the first degree

Dam

user, I’m about to turn 25 and I still don’t really have a fixed aim in my life. If I had something like a ‘dream career’ I would be pursuing it every day.

Is that the blade runner actress?

> and you could potentially blag your way onto 2nd or 3rd year and save yourself a few grand.

Not going to happen with Physio.

Passions are for losers. You're a fucking loser. I hate Computer Science. I'm about to graduate. I'm about to go into finance.

I probably won't like finance - But I like success.

Get fucking on it, you silly, silly fuck.

i want ana to sit on my face and to piss on my chest

What movie, this looks hilarious

Good goy

I'm 14 and 88, Reduce costs of living, increase income.

Varg is a good guy, but if they military is used against him, he'll be helpless.

I want to be better prepared, with more children.

Knock Knock, there are other webms but NSFW so can't post

dont be a pussy

I’ve basically done the same thing as you, had a complete change of career and applied for physio, got an offer for September this year.

You’re gonna need to pass an access course with distinctions, alternatively Manchester met have a degree with a foundation year.

If you get interviews don’t emphasise MSK or sports physio, make sure you have a broad understanding of the different areas of physiotherapy. Also you are gonna need some work experience so you can talk about it in your interview

Based thank you user!

How old were you if you don't mind me asking? Does age matter with these sort of things?

>I'm 23

I’m 24, will be 25 when I start. They prefer older students as it’s an intense course. Previous background doesn’t matter as long as you can justify your career change, I did a music degree and have been working as a freelance musician since 2015 lmao

>Work expereince

Fuck I have no idea how I'd get that in physio

It varies from trust to trust, but some hospitals offer work experience programmes.

Alternatively contact private hospitals/physios and see if they would let you shadow. Failing that get yourself into a healthcare setting for shadowing and try and relate it to physio.

It’s important to understand how the nhs works, as well as the role of a physio in an independent setting and as part of a multi disciplinary team

Thank you user, will be writing some of this down

No worries man, just be aware that healthcare courses are competitive as fuck. Do some reading up and you will fine. If you wanna look into the different areas of physio, google CSP physiotherapy works and do some reading!

Good luck user!

go for it

Just the one then ;-)

Attached: 1549352594569.webm (1200x800, 1.97M)

This isn't nearly enough to statisfly my need user.

fuuuark

Attached: DBC5C76F-4140-4306-B61D-7569396205D1.gif (245x184, 619K)

A lot of Unis have foundation years.
I'm doing Physio at UWE, and although I got in through access, they also have a foundation course.

It's really easy, just email your local hospital. Most have schemes where you can get a day or two.

Get a knowledge of MSK, Respiratory, Neuro, Geriatrics, Paediatrics, Burns and Plastics etc for your interview

Learn the NHS principles

Learn some current events in healthcare, "eg rise in elderly populations, meaning there's more importance in geriatric care and ensuring people have their independence maintained"

adding to this, make sure you learn about the Uni and its course structure pre-interview

Thanks user!

I've got a year to prepare for interviews and such while doing my access course, in the mean time any books or videos you recommend?

Should I just crank out a biology text book or two?

Just focus on getting distinctions in your access course

Read about physio in general, and some current topics etc

If you want to do some pre-reading ready for the course (I'd do this in the summer before you start rather than while you do your access)
then just cover some basic anatomy (eg the skeletal system etc, what joints are there, what types of joints are there, what is a muscles: origin, insertion, action, and innervation), some basic neuro (what is a spinal tract), some basic biomech (what are the different types of movements (eg extension, flexion), what is a plane, what is an axis).

This book is good: Philip Shanahan - Getting Into Physiotherapy Courses
It will tell you all you need to learn to get onto the course

not that user but currently studying medical physiology at uni is there any other good books you'd recommend?

Attached: 1548815737261.jpg (720x960, 53K)

For what?

''What kind of work do you do?''
-''I help people out, 200k starting''

Attached: 22220542_319386541861155_2741447504431153152_n.jpg (832x1000, 47K)

do it faggot