QTDDTOT:

1.Redpill me on L-Carnitine Tartare
2.Does clear and watery semen = low t/ sperm count?
Is it caused by too much fapping? (2 a day)

Attached: a65.jpg (740x960, 600K)

>5/3/1 - For beginners?
no

stop posting these retarded pics for qtddtot or people will flood them

best way to preserve gains is to keep your moral up
have a normal birthday and enjoy it

Kill me, Pete

looks like a protruding tendon

this, what the fuck, people don't even read questions just respond to the retarded OP image

I have a pair of dumbbells and a barbell. can I still get big or is a gym memberships obligatory?

Then what should I switch to instead?

Kill me, Pete.

gym membership increases gains by ~15% (more if you actually tip the receptionist like you should)

I need some help. I'm trying to get back into lifting after almost a year off — but now I have a 4-day work week, that works like: i work for 4 days, 12 hours and more each, and then I have 4 off days. Is there any workout routine that can accommodate that schedule?

What do you do when you see some guy squatting with the pussypad?
A. Ignore
B. Laugh internally
C. Show him how to hold the bar right
D. C but ask if he minds a pointer or 2 first
E. OHP or curl his squat

Kill me, Pete

lol

Going away to a convention this weekend, and starting to think about food and keeping myself under my calories (fat dude on a deficit). My TDEE is about 1500 calories, with walking all day and some cardio in the morning, I've probably got around 2000 calories to play with per day. Rough estimate, but I know I'll be walking a lot those few days.

I know the place I'm going has a Nando's chicken, and a Chipotle. So two pretty decent options to eat. Was thinking of pre packing servings of nuts and fruit and stuff to take as well, so not every meal is takeout.

Any tips for maintaining and eatting well when away from home for 3-4 days?

Attached: 1539962321929m.jpg (980x1024, 147K)

A

Are those off days in a row?
Also >4 on 4 off
when did they flip to an eight day week?
A.
aw lawd he comin’
Prepackage and prep all you can, and don’t fall into temptation. Everyone rags on chipotle but it’s consistent and gives you nutrition info so you know what you’re eating. Don’t drink alcohol.

I've been doing 5/3/1 - For beginners for about 5 months. What's a good program to transition into after? I was thinking of doing Built Like a Badass.

Lads what the science behind making sounds when you're dying at your last rep to make it?
I've found out that even slightly whispering LIGHTWEIGHT BABEEY when I'm on the verge of decapitation does wonders to me

>Are those off days in a row?
Yes, 4 days work, 4 days off.
>when did they flip to an eight day week?
It's a special job.

The gist is that after 12 hour day going to the gym is not possible, there's just no energy, so i need to somehow maximize these 4 days off to work my body. I really want to get back into shape and be healthy and energetic

have you finished your linear progressin?

grunting helps by adding pressure into your lungs ripptoe has a vid on this I think

Kill me, Pete

Mostly A, but I laugh internally when I use the bitchpad for BB hip thrusts

Kill me, Pete

I just exhale hard, but saying lightweight baby sounds funny
You could try PHUL and skip the rest day? Or some variant of it. That four days is a weird window

Kill me, Pete

>You could try PHUL and skip the rest day?
Looking it up, thanks friend

Kill me, Pete

I’ve never done a barbell row before and I don’t know what kind of weight to use. Is there a lift with a usually comparable weight?

For starters try with 1/2 of your bench

HOW DO I FIX THIS SHIT HELP

Attached: IMG_20190213_192757.jpg (3264x2448, 1.77M)

Kill me, Pete

how much protein is enough after a 1h workout?

just take the socks off

How important is cardio for aesthetics? I'm bulking right now, and I really don't want to do anything intense like running because I'm already struggling to eat the calories I need each day. Will doing intense cardio really kill my gains while bulking? Should I just wait until I cut again do go hard with it?

When do I stretch after lifting? Jeff says I should do it before I go to bed. Is that really the case? I feel like I should do it right after I am done working out or at least like 30 minutes afterwords as I feel I will be highly inflexible if I dont stretch asap as wait all the way till the end of the day to do it.

Attached: __amazon_dragon_s_crown_drawn_by_cutesexyrobutts__98d2858781537f0e2ed6f3175f95c6f1.png (1000x1421, 1.47M)

Just do cardio, idiot. Always do it. It won’t make your muscles bigger but it will keep your skin, heart, lungs, etc healthier for longer into your life. If you want to still look young in your 30’s and 40’s then do a lot of cardio (as in do it frequently - no need to run a marathon or anything like that). That’s way more important for aesthetics than an extra lb of muscle. Just eat more.

I still get some amount of cardio in when I'm bulking. I usually walk about a mile on my lunch break 5 times a week and I play drums a lot. I know cardio is important, but I'm trying hard to make muscle gains right now and like I said it's already hard to eat the amount of calories I need now and I'm trying to clean bulk. Honestly have no idea what the fuck I'd eat if I burned 500 calories from running and had to replace that somehow

Precisely zero. Aesthetics are vastly determined by what you lift and what you eat. Not to say it doesn't have general health benefits but it won't make you pretty on its own. Also going hard on cardio while on a cut is dumb, your lifting will suffer while you're already at a caloric deficit.

Metabolic windows mean nothing for beginners. Just hit your goal by the end of the day.

Like a simple row off the floor? Like all exercises, start with the bar and ramp up until there is reasonable difficulty with completing a set at the rep range you wish to progress with.

Making them as a consequence of straining your body which is constricting everything really tightly to exert itself, shunting air out of your lungs to do so. Intentionally doing them is more to psyche yourself up.

Wendler talks about how to transition in the book. Depends on what your goals are. If you want to compete in the lifts he has alterations for periodization. If you just want to build muscle he has stuff like the big but boring variant.

First instinct is to ignore but if his form is also fucked up I might watch depending on how much weight he's attempting

If you want to completely ignore lifting for an entire four day stretch you're going to have difficulty progressing. I'd force myself to integrate lifting on every other work day or so and just focus on getting three lifting days in per week.

Stretching actively before lifting is important, just moving through the range of motion, this is often accomplished just by warmup sets. Afterwards you can really do it anytime, static stretching like yoga or foam rolling is helpful, don't feel pressured to jam it in right after lifting unless you have the time for it.

> I walk a mile
> play drums
Is this bait? Effective cardio raises your heart rate significantly. That shit is just burning calories for no good reason. Walking isn’t cardio unless you weigh 300 lbs. STOP going on mile long walks and instead run two or three times a week for 2-3 miles. Intensity > distance > time

Alright fair point. Should I add another 250 calories to my surplus to compensate for the calories I'm burning when running or just continue to eat the amount I'm eating now and just run?

user.
You burn the same amount of calories no matter if you walk a mile or run it.
All that matters is activity.

HOW COME THE GUYS IN THE FITNESS INDUSTRY THAT ARE OBSESSED WITH THE """SCIENCE""" BEHIND LIFTING WEIGHTS AND NUTRITION ARE ALMOST ALWAYS THE ONES THAT LOOK THE WORST?

>LAYNE NORTON
>ERIC HELMS
>JASON BLAHA
>OMAR ISUF
>BRAD LOOMIS
>IAN MCCARTHY

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE ANYONE THAT LOOKS REMOTELY GOOD HAS TO BE ROIDED TO THE GILLS. I JUST DON'T GET IT, IF THEY'RE TRAINING PERFECTLY, WHY DO THEY ALL LOOK SO GOD DAMN AWFUL? PIC RELATED HAS BEEN A NATTY BODYBUILDER AND POWER LIFTER FOR OVER A DECADE. SORRY FOR CAPS MY KEYBOARD IS BROKE

Attached: natty bodybuilding kek.png (838x547, 777K)

If I did my main lifts now and finished in time for dinner, then did accessories a couple hours later with dbs at home, is it the same effect as doing it all in one block?

Same

So, since Jow Forums says I should avoid onions, and onions is used in almost everything as an emulsifier, what do I eat if I don't just want to shove chicken and rice in my mouth? Or is this shit actually not that terrible?

>So, since Jow Forums says I should avoid onions
Why?

S0yy is a meme
But you should cook your own food anyway and use natural ingredients. Who knows what’s in any kind of processed shit

I want to start lifting and GOMAD seems the most cheap and easy "diet" to start.
For how long can I actually do it?

Should we tell him?

what does the G in gomad mean

Gargoyle

How is a fat dude's tdee only 1500 cals?

Because it kills gains

For as long as you can stomach it.

Gay

I increased the rep range (sort of) from 10 reps in my first set, to 12 then I did 10 and 6 for db bench (focusing on hypertrophy) so do I chalk this up as progress, or do I see it as stalling?

Does creatine count as natty?

LEMME AKS YOU A QUESTION

I want to cut but i hate not having any energy at the gym

instead of eating a calorie deficit every day of the week, would it make any kind of sense to eat my TDEE on workout days and fast on my rest days??? am i retarded?? if so, can someone explain why i'm retarded?

Attached: 2.jpg (1300x1262, 148K)

Yes
It’s progress still, adding more reps with the same weight is still moving more weight.

According to most people, yes. It’s just a concentrated food extract.

pls

Look I'm fucking paranoid about swimming at the gym. A few years back I had a routine that eventually I got a bad wart on the bottom of my foot that was very painful. How do I prevent this from happening again? The obvious answer is sandals and good hygiene, except I did all that before. Any advice?

Gallon

Imagine if you could easily find something out by typing 5 letters into google, but you instead chose to ask random people on a bangladeshi kite testing forum

Attached: gomad.png (771x353, 24K)

oh I thought it was just an addition to OMAD kind of like LGBTASIUFJIYWZAAAJZZKU++%$T

Kek, this is good bait

I came back from an injury about 3 weeks ago, and I'm running SL 5x5 now to get used to high volume stuff. Issue is my hamstrings deteriorated much more than my quads. When I do the 1x5 on deadlift, would it hurt recovery much if I did an extra 3x5 at 50% of my working weight to get more volume?

Answer my fucking questions
t.OP

Stop fapping so much, your body isn’t producing enough sperm to replace all of it from your frequent faps. Take a week break and see how much better your load is (as well as increased energy and motivation to talk to women)

>by typing 5 letters into google
>types 17 letters
nothin personel

Kill me, Pete

Natty bodybuilders often are interested in the minutia they can utilize to eke out extra gains without roids. You can look great as a natural lifter, you just will never be in the same class with the same amount of effort with those on gear.

No, it's actually marginally better to do it that way, gives you more time to rest and replenish glycogen. It's just not time efficient or easily scheduled for most people to break things up like that.

Any detriments are vastly exaggerated. Unless it is the foundation of your caloric intake, like anything it is fine in moderation

Firstly, GOMAD is meant as a supplement to a diet, not an end all be all. It is meant for those skeletons that complain about still not being able to put on muscle and weight while lifting. It's the nuclear option to drink enough calories to always be at an excess no matter what.

When measuring progression the two easiest ways are to see an increase of weight moved at a set rep range, or to increase reps at a set weight. Both of those increase the total workload done, but you should always seek to increase your weight moved first, and then the reps as a secondary means of periodization.

By the community at large, yes. It's a meme to say no though

It is ALWAYS better to keep your intake as level as possible from day to day. It sets good habits of eating at a certain level and keeps from binging or skimping. Yes on workout days you have an increased thermogenic effect of calories burned, but averaged out over your week it matters way less than keeping your deficit steady. Don't forget that even on rest days your body needs extra caloric intake to do repair on itself. Straight up fasting on rest days is insipid.

I don't think that's the pools fault, it's more likely you got the infection from the showers or elsewhere. If you're really worried about it there are swim socks you can wear

Recently i've been doing accessories for chest, back and legs but the past couple of sessions I've been skipping them. I feel doms and more of a burn/fatigue when I do do them but is it worth the effort? Goal is aesthetics, I'm fine with lifting lighter weight for higher reps.

Is it okay to do all my compounds 4 days a week?
Currently doing bench, ohp, row, squat, dead, and chinups every day monday-thursday. Following the 5/3/1 routine for weight,reps, and sets. Not sure if there's a better way to do this.
>Monday
5 reps 65% max
5 reps 75% max
5+ reps 85% max
>Tuesday
3 reps 70% max
3 reps 80% max
3+ reps 90% max
>Wednesday (deload day)
5 reps 40% max
5 reps 50% max
5 reps 60% max
>Thursday
5 reps 75% max
3 reps 85% max
1+ reps 95% max
>Friday Saturday Sunday
rest and cardio
Is this fine? Downsides? General advice? Also, this is all I do. How important is adding accessories? If very, which ones should I add? Thanks.

I do circuit training with dbs at home (cheaper and easier than the gym) and so that as soon as i'm done with bench, I plank, then I would squat or row after adjusting the weight accordingly. So doing my usual 3 set routine, then 4x12 accessories, I'm rarely lifting for much longer than half an hour, 40 minutes tops if I stop to get more water.
Is this fine? Without accessories, if I'm hitting a PR that session I can finish in 15 minutes or so.

Socks are def the answer. Thanks.

Didn't do shit for 2 months because of exams and stress, decide to go back to the gym and do a short week of cardio just to get started again. Day one : 4x15mins on the threadmill, all is well. Day two : 30 min on the threadmill + searing pain in my left knee that's been goin on for a week now.
What did i do ? i can't even walk up stairs without feeling pain, much less do any leg exercise...

Attached: 83df94565f19148ede25c65844a9cd66.jpg (474x356, 15K)

I think I haven't grown much since 15 and I'm 17. My bones are really small and I'm a manlet. I'm about 3 inches shorter than my dad and according to my calculations I should've been his height or more. Should I see a doctor maybe I have lack of HGH? Or should I just not waste money and accept my manlet fate? Is it really lack of HGH or what?

Might be mom’s genetics, unlucky with overall genetics, hgh problem, bad nutrition throughout youth etc. All kinds of possibilities, still worth checking for hgh problems since I don’t think it’s that expensive (especially compared to the value of height and it’s direct correlation with income).

So I'm not exactly a novice lifter but I haven't lifted in a while. I worked physical jobs that required lifting and pushing around heavy objects. Should I start with ss/sl or move onto something else?

>5x5
>high volume

>Unless it is the foundation of your caloric intake
But most protein powders have it in them.

I'm assuming you got caught up in the word filter and actually mean s o y. It's a meme throughout bodybuilding that it has some sort of feminizing effect. It's fine. It's just a bean with decent protein value that happens to get used as a meat substitute, or in its own unique dishes. Go ahead and eat it. Anyone who's going "BUT MUH PHYTOESTROGENS!" doesn't know what those are and why they're not that big a deal. Especially compared to milk, which has actual animal estrogen in high amounts, which actually can affect you.

He actually means s o y. Unfortunately, because of how much the s o yboy meme was getting spammed to fuck throughout the entire site, it got wordfiltered to onions. Which is especially annoying here, because it's a topic that comes up in dietary discussion often.

Fellas, what can I do about my small wrists? It's killing me how disproportional they are.

Attached: sickeningwrists.png (353x677, 200K)

What does milk do? Give you gyno or so something?

Is this good?

Monday:
Weighted chin-up 3x3
Hammer curls 3x3
Hack squat 3x12
Cable flies 4x20
Band tris. overhead ext. 4x20

Tuesday:
Bench press 3x3
Tris. rope pushdown 3x3
T-bar row 3x12
Zottman curls 3x12
Goblet squat 4x20

Wednesday:
Barbell squat 3x3
Dips 3x12
Lat pull-down 4x20
Cable/band curls 4x20

Thursday:
Barbell row 3x3
Hammer curls 3x3
Romanian deadlift 3x12
Cable flies 4x20
Band tris. ext 4x20

Friday:
Bench press 3x3
Tris. rope pushdown 3x3
Lat pull-down 3x12
Zottman curls 3x12
Goblet squat 4x20

Saturday:
Deadlift 3x3
Close-grip bench press 3x12
Cable rows 4x20
Cable/band curls 4x20

Mini workouts (every day alternating)
Day A
Neck curls 3x20
Band face pulls 3x20
Calf raises 3x20

Day B
Neck ext 3x20
Band lateral raises 3x20
Calf raises 3x20

Galleon

Nothing. You know what's worse than being a wristlet? Being a wristlet and a handlet. Count yourself lucky.

Potentially, but you'd have to drink it in large amounts. Doing GOMAD for a long period of time, for instance. But if you just drink a couple glasses a day then you should be fine. I only have it with my protein shake. Most modern milk producers also pump hormones into the cows to increase production, so just be cautious and not go too nuts with it. Actually s o ymilk, believe it or not, is a viable alternative there, although it can be pricey depending on where you get it. It has a high protein value relative to how many calories are in it compared to cow milk, and lower sugar levels. But because of the fewer calories, if you're trying to bulk up, whole cow milk is still faster.

Its fine. But you will almost always get better results with an established routine than your own shit. Just do TM or something.

But yeah you can do compounds 4 times a week. 4 days IN A ROW is not a good idea though

I actually did GOMAD for a while, as I was a 110lb smelly. Worked pretty well, and I am now more hungry than I used to be. Didn't give me gyno or anything, now when I touch my chest, instead of feeling bone, I feel fat. So now I'm just fat instead of skelly.

Well GOMAD is definitely meant more for skelly types, but not for any longer than you need it. What have you been doing to train while getting your weight up? It's generally matched with something like SS so your strength and weight go up in tandem.

You have bigger problems if protein powder is a cornerstone of your caloric intake. That should be a supplement to your diet.

Deloading every single week? Do you just mean a light day? If you want to do 4 days in a row dedicate each to a compound lift like Bench/Squat/Press/DL and toss in one or two accessories for each. This seems needlessly complicated and wrecking yourself if you're doing everything every single day.

As a beginner, if you're doing everything in relatively tight frame and you have a program that isn't cluttered you should get through things fairly briskly. When weights start to increase you will require more and more rest time. If you're supersetting shit with core then you aren't at a weight that really requires the extra rest yet. As long as you're still progressing in a linear fashion then it's working though.

If the pain is chronic then you probably strained or tore something, staying off it as much as possible and taking NSAIDs are your best bet without going to a GP to get it checked out

If you're actually not a novice lifter you would know how to program for yourself and require periodization to make progress. If you've been away from lifting for awhile it is likely you will benefit for some time from running a program focused on linear progression like SS/SL

There are no muscles in your wrists, it's just tendons crunched together plus fat distribution on top of them. Your forearms are what you actually want to focus on, I would imagine.

What in the fuck are you trying to do? This amount of volume spread out over six days is overkill. You would benefit more from following a streamlined full body program every other day or 3 days a week than this, as the novice I would assume you are.

SL 5x5, though that was in the beginning. Due to some real life stuff I couldn't go to the gym so I definitely packed on more fat than muscle, but personally, I was just sick of being a skelly and didn't care much about what kinds of gains I was getting.

I see. Be careful of keeping that sort of diet up when you're not working. Hopefully you're at a weight more like you should be at your height, and that you'll be able to go back to your program.

Nah, it's not a cornerstone, I was just considering getting some protein powder just in case there's a situation in which I can't get enough in the future.

Is proper protein and lifting enough to build muscle out of skinny fat, or do I need to be in a caloric surplus? Looking to gain a respectable amount of muscle before I lose the fat.