How do i know if i get enough protein? i just eat regular food like potatoes, rice and meat. like...

how do i know if i get enough protein? i just eat regular food like potatoes, rice and meat. like, 150 grams of protein per day is a lot.

Attached: dad bod.jpg (1000x1438, 279K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4424780/
hindawi.com/journals/jnme/2016/9104792/
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-11-19
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5644969/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

From what I know, 1.8 g per pound of bodyweight is optimal.

*lean.

~1.8g / kg of bodyweight.

Any more than ~2g/kg and you're just pissing away protein.

you could count it

How is this hard for people? Eat eggs, meat, fish, etc. you shouldn't even need to buy and protein supplements. Eating 150g of protein is easy af. That's about a pound and a half of lean ground turkey, you could eat that for dinner.

Judge by your farts.
>If they don’t stink you eat like a twink

Carb eater cope.

but meat is really expensive here. i get my meat from dumpster diving.

Eggs?

i eat 12 of them every day, it's a bit expensive habit, but it works according to my calorie calculator

I would also recommend dairy if you aren't prone to acne or baldness.

>eating eggs
>expensive
I can buy 30 large ones for 3.5 euros

i live in tjeljabinsk, everything is expensive.

Lmao post body
I haven't ever met a single jacked guy who shills low protein and I don't think today's gonna be the day that changes

>pissing away protein
This broscience needs to stop

Not him, but that isn't low protein.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4424780/
>It is also important to note that high-protein diets are harmful to CKD patients; however, for healthy kidney patients, in view of the findings of several studies, the consumption of a high-protein diet appears to be more advantageous than deleterious.
>In addition, dietary protein seems to play an important role in other metabolic processes, such as satiety, cellular signaling, and thermogenic and glycemic regulation in the body.
>However, this effect becomes important only when consumption is above the RDI; thus, it seems likely that protein intake above the RDI could be advantageous in many situations.

hindawi.com/journals/jnme/2016/9104792/
>In male subjects with several years of experience with resistance training, chronic consumption of a diet high in protein had no harmful effects on any measures of health. Furthermore, there was no change in body weight, fat mass, or lean body mass despite eating more total calories and protein.
>Contrary to popular belief, the consumption of a high protein diet is not mutually exclusive with a diet high in fiber nor does the consumption of cholesterol above the standard recommendations result in any untoward effects on blood lipids.

jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-11-19
>Consuming 5.5 times the recommended daily allowance of protein has no effect on body composition in resistance-trained individuals who otherwise maintain the same training regimen.
>consuming a hypercaloric high protein diet does not result in an increase in body fat.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5644969/
>The current study utilized a hypocaloric diet with different protein content, and there were no significant differences in weight loss and biomarkers when the overall group was examined. When comparing the measurements between baseline and the 6th month of follow-up, both diets produced weight loss and improvement in biomarkers of MeS.
>The participants with an adherence rate to study protocol of >75% in the [High Protein Diet] group lost significantly more weight than adherent subjects in the [Standard Protein Diet] group.

To provide my interpretation of this research:

There is no upper-limit to protein consumption in healthy individuals. Individuals with pre-existing kidney problems may be aggravated by a HPD.
HPD may have a loose correlation with Cardio Vasular Disease; however, it is more likely the the increase CDV risk is due to the increase saturated fat intake from increased consumption of fatty meat and could be mitigated/neutralized by consuming lean meat. Regardless, fit individuals at a healthy weight are unlikely to experience CDV, regardless of increased fat ingestion.
HPDs appear to increase TDEE, perhaps due to the increased energy demands to process protein versus fats and carbohydrates. Combined with the documented higher satiety of protein, HPDs are seem to be comparatively effective for weight loss.

That's my understanding of the current literature.

"We like cuddling! Muscles are disgusting! We don’t like men who are obsessed with the gym! We want to look better than the man!” they would say.

At this point, I started getting annoyed with their behavior, and asked them the following question:

“What type of man are you looking for?”

They paused for a second, and replied “Well, obviously a nice guy that’s going to treat us with respect, and who can communicate in a way that does not offend us.”

At this moment, I had a big smirk on my face, knowing damn well that what I was about to say next would cause them to flip out.

“So then why do you cheat on your boyfriends for asshole guys like me?” I exclaimed.

They were silent for a few seconds, and then suddenly went full bitch mode.

“You’re such an asshole, Alex! You don’t talk to a lady like that! Go fuck yourself! You don’t know what a woman likes!” they screamed.

Of course, their words didn’t faze me.

I just sat there in a calm and collected fashion, as I sipped on my cool glass of lemonade.

After about 5 minutes of them ranting at me, I cut them off and said “So when are we fucking? Next Tuesday or next Saturday?”

They quickly glanced at each other, as their eyes and mouths widened.

“What did you just say???” they barked.

“You heard me. Are we fucking next Tuesday or next Saturday?”

Interestingly enough, they started giggling and eventually began playing my game.

They would say things like “You are so bold! You are so bad! You are something else!”

Just as expected, they were coming on to me.

Based

Love this pasta

Attached: 3242344.jpg (225x225, 8K)