What inspired you to start lifting?

What inspired you to start lifting?

For me it was Jow Forums and this video, I still watch it from time to time for a good laugh.
youtu.be/4_o8l1i0rcM

Attached: D691A2E8-1A82-4DAD-878E-C707995B12C4.jpg (900x593, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8WzhWDbmWCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

jojo

my girlfriend bought me some adidas ultraboosts for my christmas and they felt so good to walk in i thought it'd be a shame to not run in them. joined the nearby gym to run and thought since i was there i might as well start lifting as well!

Attached: images (1).jpg (218x231, 4K)

honestly, I was playing Borderlands 2 about 8 hours a day for a month, had a sedentary office job and realized that i was 130 lbs at 5' 11" and was weak as hell.

i literally remember the exact moment that my weakness bugged me. I was sitting in my chair playing Borderlands at roughly 1 am. I decided in that moment to get big and stronk. 6 years later I'm 165 and 4 plate dead lift today for the first time.

ive gone up and down given life circumstances but overall im progressing in the right direction.

Attached: 1549484408794.jpg (319x378, 41K)

100% unironically it was a picture of Zyzz posted on /b/ back when he was still alive

Good answer

Attached: DC8DB79A-4E06-454A-B50D-5060D87D39FF.png (500x374, 52K)

Based gf

Increasing the possibility of getting laid

Good I’m happy for you!

Attached: 61226C47-B1C0-4EA9-95F4-D4FFC905E417.jpg (1022x1146, 128K)

Unironicallly, scooby
I would watch his videos and got all my beginner advice from him even though I had a gym memberShip.
Funny thing was, around the time I discovered scooby in 2010, my friend showed me zyzz and I thought he was just some roider fag.
It wasn’t until I started lifting for girls and social gains I started to admire zyzz
I believed scooby was completely naturally too. The fact an old man couldn’t look that big never crossed my mind.
I never thought he was gay either.

Attached: 9FD7B77D-9BF3-499A-B20A-6ADEF5379B50.jpg (300x393, 39K)

thx bud

Attached: 1533875837240.jpg (474x595, 35K)

youtube.com/watch?v=8WzhWDbmWCQ
This is what got me started along with everything Justin Lascek put out on 70's big

Pic related. Kentucky beauty.

Attached: image.jpg (640x1136, 1021K)

Scooby is not natty? :,(

My dad
he always used to do pushups and stuff, and I'd play with his 5kg dumbbells

Wholesome father

I think this is everyone’s

L I T E R A L L Y this

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

I think he admitted to test, but its pretty standard for fit guys who are older. Its basically just supplementing test to where it would have been naturally before becoming older

My crippling depression that left me underweight and weak

For me it was coming on this board and seeing videos of Justin Lascek squatting 405 for reps. It completely opened my mind to strength training. He wrote an article about this and one quote in particular stuck with me;

>405 will make a statement, one that says, “I am average, but I busted my balls to do this, so eat shit guy in the corner who is doing wrist curls with the smith machine.”

I went from squatting 135lbs to a max of 375lbs in a year and a half. Also earned my 4 plate deadlift for 5 last month. I'm still working on that 4 plate squat for reps, but I swear i'm gonna make it bros. We all are

Attached: t h i c c.webm (640x800, 2.5M)

One of my customers and the fact that a 24 hour gym opened right in front of my store

inspiration seems kind of pointless. most people will never achieve the bodies they idolize. i didnt start because i thought it would let me lose my virginity or anything, i did it because i felt like shit physically and was bored out of my mind. practical things

Unironically the Chad vs Virgin meme. My cousin used to train me in HS, this went on for like 4 months and kinda stopped but I got to know the very basics of working out and some noob gains.
Fast forward a few years, summer, I got into a hookup type relationship with a girl I met at a festival. I fell for her, she broke my teenage heart, foolish of me to get engaged emotionally but I didn't know any better and was a khv. But one sentence she said would ring in my head constantly - "muscles on a guy turn me make me crazy wet, flex your bicep for me user", she said, stroking my arm and biting her lip, fuck-me stare on. I was what I would call DYEL today, my 'ceps were like 13" and some but she still loved it, as well as my barely-pecs.
I told myself that if another girl does leave me in the future, it won't be because of me being DYEL. I wanted to become peak aesthetics, get a body girls would droll over. Also to never get fucked up romantically and become a cold, emotionless fuck machine getting laid whenever I wanted. Around that time I came across the meme. I was the Virgin, now I had to become CHAD.

So, I got fit and all and had girls literally droll over my body at the festival. But I'm still autistic in normal life haha.

Attached: download.png (204x248, 7K)

i was hoping to get rid of my fat man tits but it turns out that was gyno + my depression and suicidal thoughts
i was also hoping it would help with my anxiety, which is does for maybe an hour after lifting

My brothers used to bother me all the time for being skinny af and not Jow Forums like them. Nowadays our relationship it's just a competition to see who mogs who

>joined a gym to run
wtf

I lift for Panther '534' Ausf.A

Attached: panther a non colour.jpg (833x610, 149K)

i first got to the gym after realising that i was losing the ability to control my own body from being a sedentary blob
got to almost a year of hypertrophy before switching to strength training thanks to alan thrall's videos

baki

>constantly depressed
>decide to lift to try to get a gf
>discover the true happiness was the gains made along the way

Any advice for someone who's struggling in progressing squat? My bench and deadlift are going up still but getting an ass-to-grass squat for reps with anything above 1pl8 fucking sucks

try front squats, in my case it was weak quads, do you have weak quads?

>MY Christmas

I just got tired of been skelly, and I heard that lifting could help with chronic pain so I gave it a try, and it worked. Since I've been lifting my lifelong chronic pain has gone away, and that's why I'll keep lifting right up until the day I die

My dad was my first inspiration. He worked construction and was big and strong as fuck. He never taught me how to lift but he had a standard bar and some of those plastic coated concrete weights buried in our basement that I would occasionally mess around with.

Then came DBZ. That show honestly played a pivotal roll in my childhood. Especially all the training to continuously get stronger. I asked for some weights for Xmas. I got a 100lb standard set. I started using it in any way I could. Time passed, I graduated high school. With each paycheck I would usually get some kind of fitness related item. Finally got a power rack and Olympic bar. Some weeks I would only get a 10 or a 5 lb plate. It was really exciting when I had saved up enough for 45s.

Now almost 15 years later. I have a home gym with everything I basically need. I still have those plastic covered weights of my dad's. I use them on occasions just for the sentimental value. I'm a father now. Two kids of my own. I don't lift as often as I used to but I always shoot for 3 days a week. I get up at 3 AM. Because I love it too fucking much not to do it. Thanks to wanting to be strong like my dad and if I trained hard enough maybe I could be a real life super saiyan. Now my kids inspire me.

I'm gonna be strong and in shape. I can run and play with them. Toss them in the air and they'll feel safe knowing I can physically protect them from harm. It's a good feeling my friends. Never quit

This makes me want to be more, thank you.

based

Attached: wojak.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

pause and front
do your main shit then do 3x3 with a 2 second pause.

My former best friend was way fatter than me when we were kids and then he got ripped as fuck a few years back. I don't have my membership right now so we haven't gymbro'd in a while and we don't really hang out much anymore since he's more about the party life. I tried to follow along, but eventually it became clear the clique he hangs with don't really want me around so I don't see him much. I didn't make the choice to be antisocial, the choice was made for me.
/blog

>One tear
I wanna be just like you, user. Thank you for motivating me.

Attached: 49E99B8F-2F51-457C-8B31-7F7896C79E40.jpg (290x220, 16K)

This, Health, Anger