/fat/ - Dreaming of Making it Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For extremely dedicated rotundos who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous thread:

Attached: lk l k.png (600x600, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wF5-uMJD8uw
youtube.com/watch?v=QWTcjX97E4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Come my child, confess thy sins

Attached: 4rfvrevrv.png (1229x1160, 58K)

all tehse people talkign about cardio or lift your way out of a calorie mistake

repost for this thread so people understand better how many calories they are actually burning beyond their normal TDEE of sitting around and being alive

how many calories does a jog burn? a crisp run? a sweat on your skin workout? a drenched shirt workout? Does wearing too many clothes/making yourself hot on purpose at the gym burn appreciable calories?

PLEASE HELP

Nigga just like move around lmao

who else was a fat fuck then got to just below visible abs level then gave the fuck up putting back at least 17lbs over the course of 5 years?

>tfw every week im "starting" again
>tfw its not as easy as it was being a younger lad

Attached: me.jpg (280x310, 33K)

Ive never seen my own abs

Attached: hjmgfk.jpg (600x238, 18K)

My go-to is to just lowball the fuck out of it and say 200 kcal per hour of cardio.
That's the generalised kcal burn for just casually walking as a fatty boom-boom. So if I'm trying to cardio a headstart for a couple of hours a day, enough though it'll likely be much more than that, you get a nice confirmed ballpark.

wait just walking around is 200 more calories burned an hour than if you were sitting down/not moving? surely you mean actually running or working out to a sweat right? walking is easy lmao

god dammit i smoked weed with a girl and ate so much
fucking thots

Yeah, just walking. So you know, adds up.
Could say it's why being sedentary really throws everything out of wack, or whatever. Combine with not blowing out your TDEE for some gains.

Why the fuck I came back to eating like shit after fixing and maintaining it for a year
Almost get over ideal BMI and already looking fat again
Fuck

lads, PLEASE.

Supposedly walking one mile burns around 100 calories for a 180lb person.

Probably brain problems.

thats crazy bros, i walk a good 5,000 steps a day without trying which isnt even a lot but its apparently hundreds of calories im burning

even better for a cutting weight phase then, thanks bros

There's too many factors for me to give you a number
Your weight, muscle strength, and how used your body is to running all play a part, there's no point in trying to calculate an exact amount

Also don't try to overheat yourself to sweat more, it doesn't help burn more and you'll just dehydrate yourself

shit meant that for

I want to eat fried chicken and get my feet rub and I’m a degenerate

Where my NYR fags at? Progress updates please. I cracked 15kg lost today, feels good man.

I also overcame a big hurdle, in the past I always cracked on diets when I went away on holidays or business because it's too hard to eat healthy. I went away this weekend and yes I had a hard time staying 100% healthy with every meal. But most importantly, I made the healthiest choices possible and have now put that behind me and got straight back on the horse.

Making it lads

Attached: 1538266471456.jpg (680x544, 33K)

so wearing a hoodie and beanie when its 85F outside inside the gym is a waste of tiem? unless you want to hide your body?

if you can feel your individual abs underneath your fat while doing hollow holds, does this mean if you finally get rid of all of that fat you will have at least slightly visible abs? maybe not firm ones until you work them more, but they do exist as individual muscles underneath all that blubber?

Not NYR but I'm glad to hear you overcame a huge hurdle! The last time I made strides losing weight, I was 30lb (so about 13kg) from my target. Went on vacation and immediately went off the rails.

I have a trip coming up in April, and knowing the type of places I'll be going to I've already been pre-planning what types of meals I can eat to either stay at my deficient or to only go over by the smallest amount possible.

/swimbro/ here.
Currently lost 35 lbs. Sitting at 198 lbs. Still Keto.
I put a downpayment on a trip to visit the Komodo islands in Indonesia with my girlfriend today. If i can't run by the beginning of next year i'll probably get eaten by lizards so wish me luck bros.

I ate far too little calories today because when i visit my sick mother she smokes like a chimney and it makes me nauseated. I ate a bit when i got home but i still feel like shit.

you didn't ask a question
and you're not fat at all

>Bf%
>Should I take yohimbine or too fat for that
Two questions lad.
Also, might not be fat compared to people on here but /skinnyfat/

my bad, your third link showed up as a deleted post for me for whatever reason

I'm doing keto too, standing at 6'1, 201 lbs.
What's your keto diet?
I'm literally only eating chicken, eggs, fish, cheese and protein shakes.

Why's MFP such a fucking gains goblin.

Attached: eat a dick and improve your damn website.png (742x330, 24K)

use cronometer dumbass

Do you not eat any fiber at all?

Wait, MFP won't give the projection anymore if you're under your deficient? I'm normally too lazy to hit complete, but I know a long time ago it'd still at least give you the projected weight.

Never.
Wait, yeah, may as well.

Yeah, it just displays that and tells you to chow down. Not sure why they're so worried I'm flipping a switch from obesity to anorexia.

I bought some Quorn recently which has quite a bit, going to introduce beans too.

You'll be fine bro, how long are you away for?

I think the key was just accepting before hand that I might have to compromise here or there, and focussing on returning to best habits immediately once I got home

I've forgotten what it's like to be slim

Attached: 1548821736223.jpg (209x241, 8K)

I haven't been "slim" since primary school.
I wonder what it feels like.

Good job, sounds like you're gonna make it.

Starting weight was 148 lbs. Down 11 lbs, 22 lbs left to hit my goal. I think the most difficult thing for me is being in the mindset that this has to be a permanent lifestyle change or else I'll just gain all the weight back (which I've done before). Fitting into my old clothes feels great though. Hope I can make it by the summer.

FEMANON PLEASE CUDDLE WITH ME

Being on keto sucks, sometimes i just want to have a cookie or 2 but I can't.

Same.

I lost my first 5kgs, I feel happy enough to post it. Its shown only in my double chin being far less pronounced but honestly thats more than I expected.

too much carbs to stay keto with beans
go with veggies like cabbage, spinach, sporuts etc
and make sure to eat them raw to keep the fiber high

to be honest keto is just a control for your diet, it's all CICO in the end, and by refraining you from eating those cookies. it works

NYR fag here, have been EXACTLY THE SAME WEIGHT for now 4 days. I don't get it. Oh well, just gotta keep going.

4 day stall could be as simple as being dehydrated when you weighed yourself before, not taking a shit for a couple days, etc. Don't stress it

fatty here. I'm trying to loose weight with bodyweight training with something like video related ? youtube.com/watch?v=wF5-uMJD8uw

Is it possible ?

Attached: 1492891506003.jpg (983x752, 100K)

With also controling your diet to be in caloric deficit? Yes

definitely possible, p90x was a big craze a while back and is still popular

diet is the primary focus though, think of exercise as supplementary weight loss gains and part of being overall more healthy

man Im with you, I want to have abs in my 20s which is why I started all this. that and being completely disgusted with myself

Attached: fast384.jpg (744x767, 81K)

Good job, lad. Keep that momentum burning.

I can flex and feel it get hard kek I cant feel individual ones though far away from that

>Cut for two years
> Get to 78kg at 181cm
>Damn I have too little muscle, gotta bulk
>Get injured, forget to adjust diet
> Back to 84kg first year, slowly add another 10 kg over next 4 years
>Back to where I started with not much extra muscle

I had almost visible abs(depending on the lighting), then proceeded to gain 25 pounds over 2 years.
Trying to get back on track now, sugar fucks me up.

>eat three croissants
>decide to check their calories later
>300 kcal/pc
FUCK

Oh yeah, those things are loaded. They're so flimsy, too, I don't know where they hide all of it. I guess it's just all butter to blame.

>went on a 4-5 hour long, 12km nature walk/hike
>came home and took a shower
>weighed myself
>down 1kg, presumably through losing sweat and piss

Sweet

Also I filled in a body fat calculator and it turns out that at 134kg (295lb for the seps) I'm 37% body fat, with like 50kg (110lb) in body fat and 84kg (185lb) in lean mass so I reckon under all the fat I'm low key swole considering I'm only 5'10.

Can I get down to like 100kg while maintaining that lean mass? I don't wanna lose this swole goodness.

Water weight is measured as part of the lean mass on that calculator, don't take it at face value. Hate to burst your bubble. Tripped me up too.

its loaded with butter man, its layers of dough and butter folded on eachother

Reeeee

If I lost 40-50kg this year, would I get to keep all that swole goodness or would it burn and waste away? Most former fatties tend to have a decent amount of muscle on them so I hope I get to keep what I've got right now. My thighs seems to be very stocky, mostly muscle with a decent bit of fat. The fattest part of me is my tummy.

forgot pic

Attached: 051097056-02-how-to-make-croissants_xlg.jpg (600x500, 35K)

Yo fuck croissants they can suck my dick fat pad

There'll be a fair bit of muscle, and you'll keep most of it provided you're hitting protein macros, but you're still going to fall inside the sub-83kg healthy range for your height before you look how you want to look.

I know. A real kick in the dick over that spark of hope. Better to find out now than 20 kgs now the line.

LETS FUCKING DO THIS BROS

I have been able to "see my abs" for years but I haven't been able to lose the small amount of fat keeping them from being defined. It's fucking stupid

They're also one of the foods with the lowest amount of satiety. Best just to not eat them as you get a ton of calories and need to eat sooner. Think of it like candy.

godamn they are nice though. a store near where i work does 3 croissants for $1.99. 1000 calories for all 3

2/3 of your day gone and you'll be hungry again in an hour.

>eat at least 1000 kcals under tdee for 5 days a week
>2 days around tdee
Am I retard for doing this? It has been working for me for past month but it still feels stupid.

>Am I retard for doing this?
I mean it's somewhat self-defeating. It all adds up, 2k kcal extra per week means your gains are a whole half a pound less than they could be.

Anytime you eat at maintenance you're slowing down weight loss which is still a positive as you're losing weight just slower. If you were bingeing over maintenance on those two days is where the problem would be. Most people on diets lose 2500 calories during the workweek and then "treat" themselves on the weekend for 3500-5000 calories and wonder why they're gaining weight because they've been "working so hard".

Besides counting my calories, what kind of exercises can I do to lose weight if I hurt my ankle and can't run anymore?

Swim and lift weights

Upper body lifts.

I coun't my calories also on those two days. I'm going to keep it only 1 day on maintenance for this week (already had that day this week) and full on diet mode for next week.

I don't wanna be properly shredded. Just a sort of slightly beefy lumberjack build. Idk, are there any diagrams where I can pick out very specific body types?

THE WORLD HAS TURNED ITS BACK ON US - THEY WANT US TO FAIL. FUCK THAT, WE ARE SOLDIERS OF GOD. YOU'RE NOT ALONE

youtube.com/watch?v=QWTcjX97E4o

Attached: fit grid.jpg (1484x1600, 180K)

really need to get a kitchen scale
maybe an actual scale too so I can get a depression

It will hurt at first but it's a big step to recovering your life back.

>D3
My goal for the end of this year.

Actually nvm I kinda found it

Basically combine this dude with F6.

Attached: image.jpg (495x619, 29K)

I wanna have the "Doesn't LOOK too athletic when he's fully clothed but it's obvious when he's naked/eats nothing but meat pies and protein milk drinks from the servo and lifts/throws random heavy shit all day" look.

I smoke weed and can’t hold myself back from eating way too much even when I fasted the whole day before

>shave
>double chin
I wish for death.

Attached: fat-man-eating-fast-food-pizza-stock-photos_csp53718337.jpg (377x470, 41K)

Basically like Josh Homme in the early 2000s, when he had a decent amount of muscle left over from his football days and before he got chubby in 2005

Attached: image.jpg (739x415, 27K)

I did, but it was like 45 lbs over 5 years

>lost 130pounds already
>maintaining gymroutine for 10 month
>am i going to make it this time brahs?

Attached: 10.jpg (782x509, 67K)

Reminder not to drink your pain away tonight. You're only making it harder on yourself if you do.

wtf? where are you nipples?

thanks for pointing out my saggy skin bro.

>lost 130pounds already
>maintaining gymroutine for 10 month
Hell yeah, dude, you're working it.

you look pretty decent now though, alot better than me.

So i got myself these badboys, 300 cal, 5g of sugar, 10g of fat, 27g of carbs and 23g of protein. Now these shouldn´t be too bad for me if i eat one of them once or twice a week, given i can fit them in my TDEE..right ?

Attached: bait.jpg (1600x1600, 129K)

who /waitingforwhoosh/ here?

Attached: 1c80ecfb5cc24baa2c0caa67927ddadb999a9dd3b179e2f9617723bc0233b4fa.gif (1162x890, 29K)

Most ketofags prob dont even hit keto but end up being low carb.

You can have 2 cookies before a workout, I realized I needed some sugar or else I'd crash and burn my workout.

>cold all the time
>feeling hungry all the time
>headaches once a day
I'm probably doing something terribly wrong

I'm going to a housewarming tommorow out of town, means I'm gonna miss my nightly gym session, and I'm gonna be drinking and eating past my IF window. It sucks but I haven't hung out with mates in a long time, don't want to deprive myself.

I beg forgiveness in advance.

Attached: 1519803664082.jpg (722x960, 168K)

On >1k kcal daily intake OMAD and several hours of cardio a day, haven't seen shit in 5 days on the scales.

I'm frustrated. Maybe a little desperate. I'm going to start doing weekend full fasts while keeping the same cardio levels, see if that boosts this shit. I'm no longer getting hunger pangs at all so maybe I can handle it.
Time to check the /fast/ general wiki. I'm all aboard the fasting cultist train, let's bring out the koolaid and snake oil.

Attached: 84902497-angry-fat-man-portrait-furious-big-guy-expressing-anger-white-isolated-studio-background.jp (1300x1300, 183K)