The barbell slips out of my hand. Should I start using workout gloves...

The barbell slips out of my hand. Should I start using workout gloves? I don't want because the memes said that they were for faggots and women.

Attached: IMG-20190214-WA0003.jpg (466x479, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07F71R2CR/ref=sspa_mw_detail_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just keep using weight that doesn't slip, your grip will improve relatively quickly.

Gloves don't prevent slippage.
What exercise are you talking about anyway?
If it's squats, the barbell should be resting on your back, the hands are just helping.
If it's bench, what the fuck are you doing that it slips?
If it's diddlies then work on your grip, don't blame your slippery hands. Do a rolling grip until you can't, then do a hook grip until you can't and then use an alternated grip.
If you really can't make it work, then use straps, not gloves.

HOOKGRIP
O
O
K
G
R
I
P

Related question. My grip fails me sometimes when deadlifting and DB rows (in part due to a lingering elbow injury), even when the rest of my body is having an easy time. How effective is chalk? Some shop near me sells chalk balls.

Hook grip and chalk

Attached: file.png (850x400, 180K)

Really effective, go for it

CHALK
H
A
L
K

It's not Rip in this pic

Excellent. I've also seen people at my gym with liquid chalk (although that is not sold near me, would have to order that online). Any opinion on that vs chalk balls?

Don't do hook grip imo, it's really good for maybe like deadlift maxes once a year or something but it'll make your forearms look like shit. I overused it a lot and now my forearms are terrible, slowly starting to come up after I've ditched it.

It's great and easy to carry around.

Cool thanks again. I'll get chalk balls for my next session and order liquid chalk online.

squeeze the bar together and or deadhangs long as you can

Am I only one in /fit that uses gloves?
Barbell really tears the skin and I don't want to damage my hands further. Gloves help to prevent it somewhat.
Plus the last thing to want is some disease off of barbell where people leave their dead skin and even blood on. Fuck that.

Gloves are just as bad as pussy pads and lifting shoes. They all do nothing

Shure. Just make shure that the color matches to your purse.

I'm going to stop you right there on the shoes.
You can't just lift weight in running shoes, i've learned this the hard way. Powerlift shoes are great when you are lifting beyond 200Ib, and also you will need a belt the heavier you go.

Attached: 1539185126074.jpg (600x337, 36K)

Lifting shoes can help with squats if you have poor ankle mobility
Pussypads do nothing, other than promote shit form
Gloves can be right down detrimental
Yeah but you can just take running shoes off

Based

Faggggggg

Post body

Don't buy gloves you fukking pussy. Use chalk or straps.

Inb4 straps r bad. No straps no traps, faggots

Why, you want to masturbate using your gloves?

I only move 150 kg. I never used straps, what's the standard weight which should require me to use them?

My gym banned regular chalk so I get by using liquid chalk or paper towels. It may seem ghetto to use paper towels, but I’ll be damned if it worked.

I want to see what kind of twink are you

All of you fuck off to reddit. Theres nothing wrong with wearing gloves.

>2019
>Not training finger or grip strength
Most climbers can carry their entire bodyweight on their fingertips user

Keep trying, no pain no gains

Attached: 15501475519548150353731294469366.jpg (4032x3024, 2.86M)

I was thinking of getting gloves for doing pull ups.

Sometimes when is too hot my hands get sweaty and I lose grip on the bar

What are your thoughts on those crossfit gloves? I was thinking of getting a pair
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07F71R2CR/ref=sspa_mw_detail_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bread is terrible for gains though

Sure thing pal, whatever you need to do to continue giving your boyfriend smooth hand jobs

no barbell can slip out of a fully enclosed circle of a fist. The only thing you need is grip strength, so work on that.
When deadlifting, focus on gripping the bar, grip it like youre choking someone you hate
Do the same with curls and pullups and whatever, CHOKE IT! KILL IT!!!

What if I don't hate anyone?

We all hate someone, if not yourself...

Attached: 1549793601354.jpg (680x532, 67K)

I don't hate myself
I'm just disappointed

Do farmers walks

>hates no one, not even himself
I envy you, live your life and be happy frend

>needing a belt to go past 200lbs

Attached: 1549981426733.jpg (2048x1536, 579K)

>be happy
how do?

Chalk nigger

>Should I start using workout gloves?

It’s fine as long as they match your purse.

Attached: 663F3D67-7A81-4EFE-A8E1-F93D0F39D356.png (576x432, 397K)

Actual fag here worried about keeping my hands soft. I already have gloves and always use them when I work out, but when I do hanging knee raises, my hands seem to get a bit torn up regardless. Is there anything else I can do to prevent callousing?

I dont eat bread

Grip the bar correctly. Place it where it wants to go (in this case under the first knuckles) and then wrap the hand around it. This way it won't move, pinching, dragging and possibly tearinf skin in the process
Pain=bread. It a joke

You're likely not holding it correctly, make sure it doesn't rest in the palm, it should at the base of the fingers.

My grip is fine, problem is that the thick skin that has developed starts to tear the rest of skin when I do pulls and it's quite painful. Gloves don't really help in that regard, however, I use gloves mainly for hygenic reason. Have been considering chalk tho
I swear boomerfags have one of the most cringeworthy vocabularies out there

Dont care what that fat twat thinks desu

Big Ron used them sometimes

Take that as you will

Liquid chalk leaves less of a mess, doesn’t leave a dust cloud, and some people think it works better than actual chalk

Just use straps but just work on grip strength

why are gloves bad? i've read several shit on it and many say different things, but i've never seen "detrimental" being used to describe them

>inb4 stop being a fucking faggot lmao

>Barbell really tears the skin
I had this problem at the start. You gotta push your hands down onto the bar, not pull your hands up to the bar. If that makes sense.
If you push down you get your fat pads at the base of each finger squished. You want the bar to sit in the crease of your finger.
Once I started doing that, I never tore my hands again

There’s nothing particularly harmful about them it’s just that they don’t promote grip strength

yeah that's what i've seen too

i don't like big callouses so really enjoy having gloves