How do I improve my homegym Jow Forums ?

How do I improve my homegym Jow Forums ?

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-02-14 at 11.37.41.jpg (900x1600, 79K)

From other side:

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-02-14 at 11.36.55.jpg (900x1600, 70K)

And this is the floorplan.

Obviously because of the small size an olympic barball is not possible, but a shorter barbell would be fine. I was thinking of maybe fitting a half rack with cable pulley in there, but do you guys think it would be possible with this side?

Attached: floorplan.jpg (797x1289, 139K)

So something like this next to the closet. Or would it be better to put in front of the door/window?

Width: 121cm
Depth: 102cm
Height: 214cm

Attached: mt-hr-10-lmo-fw.jpg (800x800, 66K)

But the thing is... is this thing enough for a home gym? Or would you need more? Obviously i already have a bench but I could use some extra weights. Also I need a short barbell

You've got the space for a half rack and Olympic barbell, but you would have to accept they'll be a lot of dad unusable space in that room once you fit it.

yeah but at the moment I have no use for the gym. Maybe if I ever find a partner and we start with children that I need the room but I dont see that happening anytime soon.

Also is removing the closet an option? You go at that with a sledge if it's fitted to the wall and it could be gone in minutes.

>no use for the gym.
meant to say no use for the room*

Also i doubt an olympic barbell would be a good solution since they are usually way too wide. A shorter barbell would be more convenient also for other exercises

Thisyou are going to need atleast half a rack and an oly barbell with weight if you are going to do this seriously, looking at this room you should rather find a gym near you

Invite some friends over

Removing the closet? Not really but its only 40cm deep so I doubt that would make much of a difference

i'm already a memeber of a gym the thing is my work schedule kinda fucks me over and lately i've been going less and less. I got the room so I might as well do something good with it.

It wouldn't make much difference but working with a completely symmetrical room is easier than working with one that has a closet in it. If removing it isn't an option you can always use it for plate storage/generic equipment storage to keep the room tidier.

the closet is very full with stuff and I cant really move it but plate storage could be on the floor mats as well. At the moment my concern is if I have enough room for a half rack and also if a half rack is convenient enough to use in a room this size.

Obviously I can look up the measurements of half racks but you dont really know how much space around it you need aswell

A rogue squat rack is roughly 125cm x 125 cm. A rogue Barbell is roughly 220cm. So you're looking at a total footprint of 220cm x 125cm. If you place it against the wall like the image I've attached you'll have enough room either side to get plates on the bar easily.

Attached: floorplan.png (797x1289, 362K)

Obviously the problem with this is what I said earlier, the space around the bench and stand would essentially be dead space you can't use without inconveniencing yourself. That's what I would do though, then I would buy a couple of plate stand for the corner of the room, some attachable dip bars and a pull up bar.

I'm not sure why everyone wants me to get an olympic barbell of 220cm when one side of the room is only 210cm. What benefits would a barbell like that have over a lets say 180cm one? If I had enough room sure but clearly getting a barbell this size would be a huge inconvenience.

Also i was thinking of getting a halfrack like: and then putting it next to the closet. That would mean the half rack would be roughly in the center of the room and you would have more room to walk the back

My (OP) idea was something like this:

Attached: floorplan2.jpg (797x1289, 159K)

If you can get a shorter one that weighs 20kg then go for that if you would prefer, realistically there's no difference I just prefer longer bars and seeing as one side of your room is 360cm I would run the bar parallel to that.

There's nothing wrong using a half rack like that, I just prefer the standard ones.

I own a 5 ft barbell and it works fine for me. I'm 5'10 and there's been no size issue.

Just realize that it weighs less than a normal 7ft barbell and might not fit certain racks.

Why would even need to weigh 20kg? If it weighs 10kg thats fine too if you put extra 5kg on both sides.

yeah the space issue is a good point thanks ill keep that in mind

This will also work, it just entirely depends on the space you're willing to sacrifice, your budget and the equipment you want to squeeze in. If I had an empty room like that I would gear it out with a half rack, OLY bar, Pull up bar and attachable dip bars. Then I'd set up some weight storage in the corner and after that add things when I think I'll need them, considering pretty much all I do is Bar/Dumbell and Body weight work though I wouldn't need much more than that.

yeah I mostly want a bench/half rack and a lat pulldown really. A bench can be moved and dipping stands can also be moved

but am I forgetting another important exercise? The idea is that I cancel my gym membership and will do this instead then

Again I just autistically prefer my bars to weigh 20kg, if you want to add 5kg to either side then there's no reason you cant.

I would also add a pull up bar but if you don't do them then you wouldn't need one so again it's preference. You can hit all your compounds with the set up you want though, maybe get a couple of extra thicker mats for deadlifting so you don't smash the shit out of your floor.

the rack already has a pullup bar?

Didn't see it cause I'm retarded, in that case you're good to go. Just check the width of the rack compared to your shoulders before you buy it, if it's too narrow it can make your bench and OHP position uncomfortable.

Why would you want a lat pull down when you could simply do pull ups?

The problem is the rack is 121cm wide and only 220cm barbells seem to have an inner size of more than 121cm. If I want an 180cm barbell the inner size is usually less than 121cm so im not sure if I could rack those bars easily.

cause im a weak fag

also cause i like the exercise to train back too instead of only biceps

There will probably be a bar somewhere you can buy but you'll have to work hard to find it, if you can't you might have to settle for a longer bar and running it along the longer wall.

You can adjust the type of pull down you do to hit different parts of your back.

yeah the cable pull is also good for triceps and shoulders and chest and delts etc

Just trying to see what this is, don’t mind me

You need some kind of rack or pullup bar stand not just for pullups but for 2 very cheap pieces of equipment that will allow you to work to do everything to develop your body.

Set of 6 bands 2 pairs of 3 strengths.

Olympic rings and straps.

With these you can work every muscle from every angle and get a great workout without bars and weights for a fraction of the price.