Why haven't you taken up boxing?

If you havent taken up boxing or another combat sport yet, why? Do you really think lifting weights your whole life will get you anywhere? Fighting teaches you a mental & physical discipline that no amount of lifting can ever get you. Plus, if your good, you might even be able to make some money out of it.

Attached: CRD-04.jpg (1777x997, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q7MCjaJ02eQ
youtu.be/XPbCw9pV90c
youtu.be/sTgiXxjo8Xg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I carry a knife and a pistol, so why bother?

i value my braincells

Boxing gyms in my area are all a joke and have the gall to charge like $150 a month.

I did and it's fucking glorious, i listen to fight stories during training or blast some nice songs and do combos to the rhythm

Prohibitively expensive in my area. Would love to learn boxing otherwise

Attached: 1547676742441.jpg (510x432, 39K)

Self defence isn't the only benefit to it. As I mentioned, it teaches you amazing mental and physical discipline. Lifting the heaviest weights you can is piss easy compared to going into a boxing ring and sparring for even just a few rounds.

I guarantee there are a shit ton of pro fighters who are way more intelligent than you.

taking hits to the head is really not good for you. there's a reason fighters generally don't sound so smart

I'm a state champion Jiu jitero, and have 12-9 win/loss in competitive fighting.
I've never done any boxing, boxing is a meme.
I'm not even good at stand up.
In saying that, all nine losses I've had have been against good strikers. So. I dunno. Maybe I should have done boxing.

Boxing is for niggers and spics. I can't wait for white men to leave MMA either - I love betting on mandingos and having a white man in there just ruins the experience for me.

I don’t want brain damage

>b-b-but
Cope

Do I sign up for an MMA gym or a Muay Thai gym and later on other things like judo?

>Lifting the heaviest weights you can is piss easy compared to going into a boxing ring and sparring for even just a few rounds.
Boxing is gay compared to MMA, but I do agree with your sentiment

I honestly believe the reason fighters generally seem less intelligent is because they come from less privelaged backgrounds, not because of the hits they take. Our bodies are built in a way that allows them to take a lot of damage, and boxing nowadays is very safe and carried out in a controlled environment with competent referees.

My advice is start with grappling, learn some precise motor control, then start striking. You're gonna have a worse time getting your introduction being punched in the head than you are getting choked

Huh never thought of it like that. So find a good BJJ place?

It's brutal on your body.
I did boxing in my teens and I regret it now.
BJJ is much more interesting if you can find a good gym.
You get to spar at full power without the risk of injuries, or minor concussions like in boxing.
I boxed 5 years.
10 years later I'm having some long term memory problems, and I'm not even 30 yet.
Be careful with striking sports.

Fuck off back to Jow Forums you cuck

fuck off jew

What the fuck
Golota, Fedor, Klitchko's, Khalidov, ever heard of them?

Don't limit yourself to BJJ. Often BJJ is really overpriced, have a look around. Sambo, wrestling, BJJ, judo, all are basically interchangeable, and pick the one that has a gym
Interests you the most
Has a good competition record
Is affordable
THE COACH HAS A HISTORY OF COMPETITION.
Don't learn from anyone who's not a winner.

Happy to field more questions for any friends who have any

Kek. Grow up manchild there is colored people everywhere and it won't change. The last time "someone" tried getting rid of unwanted ethnicities, the world's super countries all banded together and raped them. So it's no use.

Attached: 1549474758394.jpg (250x331, 12K)

I dont have to train boxing becuase i don't have to fight to win. 5'6-5'10 is the best height range for the domination of social situations.
This is because of the "subtle alpha" aesthetics the shorter man always gives off. The shorter man will always dominate through his "style", his "sleekness" and most usually through his intellectual power. Taller men can not pull this off, so they have to dominate in a much "in your face" and "raw" way.

>Self defence isn't the only benefit to it. As I mentioned, it teaches you amazing mental and physical discipline. Lifting the heaviest weights you can is piss easy compared to going into a boxing ring and sparring for even just a few rounds.
This. I carry a gun as well, but I still learn to fight for these reasons. Plus, there is a ton of self confidence you gain when you realize you could actually beat the shit out of someone. There's also a sense of camaraderie that is hard to replicate elsewhere

If you do want to do a striking sport make sure to do a lot of neck exercises. Studies suggest neck strength can be a better predictor for risk of concussion than what sport you choose. And compared to control groups those who were made to do neck exercises had less concussions.

That sounds pretty solid. Anyone recommend good neck exercises? Preferably one that won’t make me look like a muck at the gym?

CTE

>sychronized butt scooting
>less gay than boxing

okay

Everyone who is responding with something along the lines of “it gives you brain damage” is just making an excuse. You might actually believe the excuse, but given the nature of the typical user of this forum, I’d be willing to bet most people on here just have too much anxiety to actually walk into a boxing ring and start training with people. Just a guess though. Im not trying to put you guys down, but ask yourself honesty if this is the case. A lot of people with anxiety gain lots of confidence from starting a combat sport.

Imagine how much smarter they'd be if they weren't getting hit in the head constantly.

/ourmanlet/ has some good advice

youtube.com/watch?v=q7MCjaJ02eQ

Nice bait friend.
If what you were saying is true, why do they have weight classes in fighting? It's because little "men" aren't dangerous.
t. 6'1 fighter

If you're in inner sydney, let's fight bro and see who's right?

Who cares, they’re making millions of doing what they love. Maybe they’d be a bit more intelligent if they want for a desk job instead and they’d be making 60k a year working a depressing job.

>White men shouldn't train in the most easily accessible martial arts to them

Do you want us to get our shit punched in by minorities?

Do you want m

>making millions
After everything, most are making

>colored people
>grow up manchild

Why do you people all have the same speech pattern? The npc meme is real.

>>>tumblr

Because I'm not a retard with nothing to lose?

Terrible back, my entire lumbar back is herniated.
Also the gyms are expensive as fuck around here

Because they're all co-ordinating on Discord, all a part of the same little clique.

>Telling white men to be lower test
Okay, shlomo.

I really want to pick up on boxing and mayne some BJJ or wrestling on the side but my conditioning is shit, I’ve always been mentally weak and I’m deathly afraid of getting mogged at a boxing gym and embarassing myself.

A while ago I came to a realization that a gun won’t be ideal to use in self defense and have been putting off boxing for a long time now.

Attached: B45D414D-6436-4053-95B8-C3F63B71E68A.jpg (2000x1331, 535K)

Why do we continue having these threads? With the same replies?
Cant we start a martial arts general? That would be nice for actual advice

Attached: thomas-hoepker-muhammad-ali_jump1.jpg (1024x703, 217K)

Sounds like you're posting skinny glosing while you're actually a fat lard with no endurance.

>I really want to pick up on boxing and mayne some BJJ or wrestling on the side but my conditioning is shit, I’ve always been mentally weak and I’m deathly afraid of getting mogged at a boxing gym and embarassing myself.
You're exactly the type of person who should be doing it. Just do a trial class, you'll love it.

I've done BJJ for a year. So much fun. Now I want to expand and go into MMA. Only problem is getting hit in the head, my work is mostly mental and I can't risk losing cognition.

Attached: Whoa Buddy pol.png (850x2147, 1.51M)

By responding you're just feeding it brah.

I did do boxing for a bit, but it’s hard to commit to the sport. Getting good requires regular sparring, which means you will get hit. Even taps to the head over 2 years can have an affect on the brain. Something to be concerned about if you plan on working in a technical field. Secondly the cardio is intense and you burn a shitton of calories, so it just got in the way of bulking/lifting. Still Questioning if the fun outweighs the cons. I might pick up judo instead and do boxing in the future

>you're actually a fat lard with no endurance.

I’m 5’7 with a 29 inch waist and 139lbs.
Sounds about right. I just don’t know of any good gyms around my area. There’s one 24 miles away that looks to be one of those places that is legit I want to try out.

Nah your average pro boxer makes 50k~ too annually

>started kickboxing
>got hooked to it
>tore my muscle from excessive training
Feels bad, cant wait to get back

Because I've been doing Battle of Nations style fencing in my youth and I've had enough battle adrenaline to last a lifetime from that.

I did boxing for a year about five years ago. Shortly after I stopped boxing some guy sucker punched me in a bad part of town. It turns out that boxing doesn't help much when you have no idea that some rando wants to hurt you. Also, there's the cumulative brain damage. You're better off staying away from shit areas and bulking up to where you look intimidating. Or carry if that's legal where you live.

Dude, there have been numerous studies done on this by actual doctors and medical scientists. Getting hit in the head hundreds of times- even if you're not getting knocked out- is super fucking bad for your brain.

As a devote rocky fan I’m both saddened and disappointed beyond belief at the new direction these creed movies have taken, as soon as I saw the ad for creed 1 I was astounded “finally a new continuation of my favorite film series ever” however as I sat in the theater watching this movie I couldn’t belive the garbage I was watching. I was extremely distraught so much so to the point of revising the entire creed storyline

Now the first mistake creed makes is that they made creed Apollo’s ilegitament son. This does nothing for the rocky story line other than take away from from Apollo creeds legitimacy as a good person. Now by making creed the legitament son he is now closer to both parents and his mother is especially close because he’s the last thing that truly reminds her of Apollo. And because of this is extremely over protective. She sends him to the best schools and they live in the best neighborhoods by using their father/husbands wealth. Creeds experiences no real hardships and because of this he’s extremely cocky. He eventually gets into a school yard fight due to his pompous attitude and consequently wins. His mother punishes him as soon as she learns about the fight. Creed eventually gets a nice job at a law firm and he’s extremely proud of his name. He loves his dad and wants to emulate him in everything he does. One night him and his friends go out for drinks creed gets drunk and gets rambunctious as a result he ruffles a few feathers. He eventually gets in a fight to which he wins. His friends say it was no contest he’s a natural at fighting. They urge him to enter a tough man competition, he does. And yet again he wins. He’s amazed, and with this comes local publicity he’s schmoozes with the reporter and discovers his natural charisma. Now because boxing is a dying sport this event doesn’t reach national news. However His mother sees him on tv and loses it.

Attached: 886C7BF8-8936-4616-95B5-3E3521C42074.jpg (1158x1828, 229K)

cool blog

She’s kicks him out of the house and says he can come back when he drops this fighting nonsense. He’s bewildered but he reasons “she wouldn’t react so negatively if she didn’t think I could really be something” now having been bitten by the fighting bug he quits his job and moves to LA his fathers home. He gets a gym membership at his fathers old gym and because of his name he’s a target, nobody takes it easy on him. He has to earn his spot and this makes him not only talk the talk but walk the walk. Eventually he burns through his savings and he has to find work and he begins working as a garbage man. Incredibly humbling for him. He eventually gets his first noteworthy fight and the publicity is nation wide and it gets the attention of none other than rocky balboa. He sees not creed, but Apollo. His long lost friend he quickly contacts him to congratulate him on his son and to try and meet him. They hit it off like they’ve always been friends, rocky quickly starts promoting him and even training him some. They quickly take over the boxing world and make big headlines. After the first meeting between rocky and creed they alert the attention of Rocky’s son. He’s filled with jealousy and rage from this so he devises a plan and quickly quits his jobs and invest in the best trainer he can (a surprise for down the road).

Eventually creed gets a title shot and with all his hard work and excellent training he wins in the 4th round. Rocky and creed are at a press conference together answering questions and extremely happy. Eventually after the reporters are done they start asking the audience for questions. Soon a man standing wearing a hoodie makes a remark about rocky and creed being like father and son, rocky agrees and creed wittily says “I’m sorry was there a question there? I’ve been getting hit in the head a lot so maybe I missed it.” Laughter ensues.

Attached: BF4E9B89-43AD-4AF5-B952-4D78607525B2.jpg (450x675, 127K)

The man takes his hood off revealing he’s Rocky’s son he has a busted lip and a busted eyebrow from obvious sparring. He replies with “well hopefully your son can take a few more” the press conference goes wild, rocky and creed are shocked, rockys son leaves the room while everyone is in a frenzy.

The fight has been issued

Rocky and creed are on one side and on the other side is rockys son and none other than clubber Lang. One of the few men to beat rocky. He had been trying rockys son with his heavy hitting style all this time and the press conference is very heart felt with feelings of betrayal and lost relationships. The conference ends with clubber Lang pointing out rockys hypocrisy

Fight night. Apollo comes out roughing him up but soon he tires out, he didn’t realize rockys son could take such a punch. And once he gets tired enough rockys son begins wailing on him. For the rest of the match they go back and forth they’re both battered and bloodied and while rockys son doesn’t win
He... goes... the ... distance
He makes his father realize he was more like him than he ever knew, they hug in the center of the ring and rocky holds up creed and his sons hand in victory while clubber Lang simply claps and smiles in approval. Creeds mother storms the ring and hugs her son who proved he was just as good as his father

Take you back plays out the ending

Attached: 91B3B2F7-29AF-41B6-B3A4-3212E5BA5822.jpg (684x1023, 79K)

Grapple then

but grappling is gay. who wants a sweaty man laying on top of them?

>guys literally scissor each other
>more gay than boxing.
I guess

CTE

Tried to, they die too quick

if whites are objectively superior then get in the ring already pussy

It's not that bad user. It's way better than the alternative, which is for a trained individual to have the ability to literally fuck you in the ass, and there would be nothing you can do about it.

>have the ability to literally fuck you in the ass, and there would be nothing you can do about it.

Good thing I'm not in prison.

Seriously, self defense is not a compelling argument for any martial art, unless you're a young guy in a rough neighborhood, and even then you should be carrying a gun or knife if it's really that bad.

>It turns out that boxing doesn't help much when you have no idea that some rando wants to hurt you.

Neither does bulking up or carrying a gun. What you needed was learning how to pick up pre-assault indicators. While criminals and shitheads in general can conceal their intentions, these are good videos on what to look for.
youtu.be/XPbCw9pV90c
youtu.be/sTgiXxjo8Xg

Any gains I'd make would be offset by the constant injury.

Concussions, broken facial bones, bruised/blocked facial arteries, torn ligaments, and that's just boxing.

Plus there are way too many fucking faggots in fighting who are just absolute psychopaths hiding behind their profession, looking to hurt anyone they can and most often choosing the women in their lives.

>being a literal punching bag until opponent gases out for you to submit him
royce gracie won fights but does anyone want to win a fight like royce gracie?

wow. proof all fighters are just insecure brainlets.

If you think lifting causes injuries wait till you try combat sports. Huge drop out rates, people always getting hurt even if they are just casuals.