I’m going to start boxing soon, what should I expect and any tips...

I’m going to start boxing soon, what should I expect and any tips? Also thinking if I’m good at boxing after a few years I’ll start kickboxing as well is that a good idea or not?

Attached: 53DE116B-3006-41FF-A867-433EF416AB06.jpg (385x481, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0JCr6EfleG8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also I used to do taekwondo for like 6 months

Cardio, be humble but don't be a bitch

footwork is literally everything. constantly move them to keep good balance and mobility. don't cross your steps. shuffle like a crab

practice good form always. once you start to spar you'll forget most of what you learned. you want to practice to get the form to be second nature.

the form is about protecting yourself.
keep elbows tucked in.

you aren't a pro and won't be for a long ass time so hands up right below cheekbones TOUCHING YOUR FACE at all times. if you keep your hands hanging in front of you they will hit you in the face when they get hit.

throw your punches on the same axis, as in don't drop your hands/arms before or after you throw a punch. straight out straight in

rotate you fucking hips for every punch ALWAYS. that's how you get power and especially more range on your punches. even your jab thrust your hip a little forward and a little inward rotation, but don't pivot on your lead foot (a teeny bit is ok)

if you want to compete then start getting used to punches being thrown at you ASAP. start with real slow ones thrown at you and work your way up. work on not flinching, parrying, and blocking. slips can come later.

Expect to be extremely uncoordinated with everything, like dancing for the first time. Lots of sweat and fatigue. Your trainer will probably remind you to rotate your hips more times than you can count. Remember to punch through your opponent, not at them. Get a mouth guard. Expect new friends.

different user from OP who is also starting out, thanks user

When I’m sparring, should I be aggressive or not. Also what if I’m facing a much more experienced fighter

Don’t kill em clearly i think some aggression is ok but try to keep it civil

How often should I train?

Stay chill no one likes a spaz

This is good advice

depends, make sure you do some aerobic roadwork aswell as sprints. You can skill train everyday (padwork / bagwork and such) but only spar three to four times a week, no reason to cause excess brain damage

If I’m training 5-6 days a week, how long will it take to be decent? Like a year or two?

Enjoy the brain damage OP

OP here, who cares about brain damage I don’t

Mike Tyson doesn’t have brain damage

your mom doesn't have anal fissures

Do the rules apply to kick boxing as well?

It seems you already have brain damage

youtube.com/watch?v=0JCr6EfleG8

Generally yes but you will probably have to dedicate more time to stretching and other mobility stuff

keep your guard up all the time

Only faggots get brain damage, I’ll be right it’s not like boxing is my job

>footwork is literally everything
So I don't need to use my hands? Stop using that word and buy a fucking dictionary.

If you are in a serious boxing gym there is no way you would be able to do 5-6 days in a week. I did 3 days and didn't always have time to recover.

But user, many dictionaries these days accept its use as hyperbole

Attached: AC237807-CE37-4893-8D03-0BC6D88220E8.jpg (640x478, 178K)

1 dan TKD, 3 Years Kick Boxing and 5 Years boxing.
Boxing is definitely the hardest one of them. TKD is pure bullshit with around 4 kicks being useful the rest is legs fencing. Kickboxing is good but most kickboxing clubs concentrate much more on kicks and put very little training into punches. As a result fights usually stay in kick range and not in punch range because punches are not as fast or strong.

In boxing range and speed is very important. You may think that if you are heavy and slow you can compensate with strong punches but I tell you thats almost never true. The other guy will know what you doing. either dodge and you end-up tiring yourself out or he will guard and let you punch him in the gloves which will also noddle your arms. Overall STAMINA is the most important thing you need to practice. dynamic exercise. Practice your punches nice and slow until you know how to do it properly. So many newbies endup hurting themselves by punching the heavy bag full force.When punching work on your combos. at the begging simple straights wil l work but few years later you nead 4-6 combos.

>being this autistic

Hey if you're still there, can you say which those 4 kicks are in your opinion?

checked these anons

also

hold your fucking ground. boxing will teach you the true meaning of this saying

Boxing coach here, this is great advice. Additionally, start working on neck endurance and strength and stretch out your upper body.

Petty and contributes nothing to the discussion.

not him but I do a martial art and the main kicks are side kick, roundhouse, and hook. You can make all sorts of combos with them if you're skilled enough. There are quite a few variations of each, too.

How much is your gym membership?

I already have it

He almost certainly has some brain damage, wouldn’t be 23 million in debt if he didn’t.

Hes got a 3 million net worth now

Its not that he got crazy because of boxing, he got into boxing because he was crazy, and that is the case in most boxers, boxing is a sport of poor and crazy people

Its important to find the right coach. Some guys are just bitter old fucks who missed out on their chance to make it. Find someone who genuinely wants to help

You gonna get your ass.kicked Boi

This, don't afraid a boxer with big hands, afraid a boxer with big.legs