/fat/ - dorito withdrawals edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For roly poly roundbois who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous:

Attached: 1542695068876.png (841x898, 483K)

confess

Attached: 1542693433456.png (2217x2217, 715K)

I've lost and gained back the same 30 lbs for a year and a half.

Remember to write things down every morning, what goals are you going to accomplish today, don't look at how long the road is until you reach your end goal, just look to the end of today.

>wake up
>weigh myself
>309
FUCK YEAH BROS
SUB 300 NEXT MONTH LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1393094850227.gif (250x194, 2M)

>go to sleep at 117.4 kg
>usually when I wake up and take a piss and all I'm like 800gr below last night's
>weigh myself
>117.3 kg

Reeee, how do bodies work, goddamn. I'm not mad at it due to the loss weight because I'm doing great progress anyway, but I've been weighing myself to see if I can establish some paralells comparing the same foods and sodium intake/water to what the numbers say and even doin everything exactly the same it varies a lot, such a RNG game.

You're fasted during the night and that causes you to lose weight.
Your hormones are really good after sleep, so you wakeup looking/feeling better.

down to 162 from 170 2 weeks ago, based water weight dropping

ABS WHEN

Do sit ups and abs will come faster

Was a /fat/ regular until 1 year ago where I fell out the wagon, lost momentum and got even fatter than my SW. Been back on track for a little while now, but had a cheat meal yesterday out of a weak will moment. Does meditation helps with hunger repression? What do when feeling bloated of a cheat meal? How to make this bloat feeling go away?

How does it feel to be fat in the first place?

>tfw fully fed weight is less than wake-up weight the week before

ive been snacking here and there lately, it hasnt slowed down my weightloss but I need to rein it in before it spirals out of control.

Attached: 1474061731401.png (723x752, 42K)

>slightly overweight
>take photo
>”oh god I’m such a fat fuck why is life so terrible”
>become legit obese
>find old photo
>ifonlyyouknewhowbadthingsreallyare.jpg

This is the worst feel.
I wish I could go back and slap me.

>
>Was a /fat/ regular until 1 year ago where I fell out the wagon, lost momentum and got even fatter than my SW.
literally me, Im closing in on the smallest I got before I fell off, about 5lbs off then I still have a little more to go to get to my goal weight. Im never leaving again lol.

40 weeks to my goal, if things keep moving smoothly, man i hate long investments

my diet has gone to hell over the past 4 days. weight loss has stagnated for the past few weeks and i've been under more stress than usual

Like walking around with a swimming intertube around your waist and two floppy water balloons on your chest and everyone is disgusted by it.

>2 years to goal if it goes well

It’s a marathon.
I will have the extra skin chopped off as well so even longer.

how do you know when youre going to woosh? Im worried Im just plateauing

When I was a kid, everyone around me from my peers through my teachers to my parents made me feel like a huge obese landwhale so when I ballooned to 130kg in high school I legitimately thought I was proportionally as fat as I've been all along.

I found a photo from middle school the other day.
I wasn't fat.
I barely even counted as chubby. Legit looked perfectly normal. I had maybe 10% body fat over my peers IF THAT. Still mad about that.

>112kg
big guy, how tall are you?

Simple, if you kept the deficit, you're gonna woosh. If you've been failing, you're gonna plateau.

170 cm.
Yeah, I’m a bloated hobbit.

Didn't lose any weight on my daily weight in, realized I drank 2 710ml sips and each one has 550mg of sodium

REEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1485389401719.png (491x423, 356K)

Remember folks don't obsess over the number on the scales. Your body is constantly taking in weight (food and drink) and losing it (respiration, pee, sweat). Often the number on the scale is an inaccurate representation.
DO remember just eat less and move slightly more. And weigh yourself every so often but don't fuss about it.

14 weeks for my first intermediate goal and probably another 25-40 after that to my real one.

shit man I'm 5cm taller and you need to lose 15kg more than my highest, how did you get that big?

>find old pictures of myself recently I thought I had lost forever
>theres pictures of me when I was 16 and when I thought I was a fatass
>turns out I was a semi-skele with a gyno that caused all sorts of dysmorphia

The gyno's long gone at least (over 10 years since surgery). It's weird what your mind can make you think about your body.

Attached: B6bci3T.jpg (332x491, 21K)

Imagine being ugly but worse, while carrying a backpack all the time. You get used to it but it's not good.

those hips man, do we get those because of extra estrogen due to being fat in our teens? mine are 5 times worse and they make me want to kms

Stretch marks dont go away do they bros

they fade away, the only ones that look like shit are the ones on the stomach, which I have... if you get them on your biceps or thighs its not that bad. the chest and stomach ones are the worst.

I figured it was my calling to just get bigger shoulders and eventually I grew into those hips by going to the gym and focusing upper body more than anything. So you should probably do that yourself, it improves it a shitload really.

can you show how you look now? I was told to work on my lats and shoulders to lessen it but it wont help much for me

As you can kinda see, my problem right now is more of a fatass than the hips

Attached: mtV2VqS.jpg (280x580, 33K)

whats the difference between situps and crunches? ive heard one of them called a meme, is there a form issue most people have?

wew those calves

>SW 427 in August
>lost 66lbs
>stuck at 361 for two weeks now

I feel so depressed, any advice lads? I've been 16:8 intermittent fasting since November with a current 1600-1800 calorie per day diet, and I do upper body resistance training twice per week

kek yeah, I get compliments for them usually. I thank rugby for training them. Which is why I'm focusing on upper body still, I've always been kind of a t-rex.

Attached: 9iCx0V8.jpg (832x229, 69K)

>how did you get that big?

Slowly, over 10 years of eating junk, pizzas and burgers and sweets every day.
Even though I “know” technically how big I am, I’m still in permament denial. For example I go crazy when I see my monster of a reflection or think I will fit in a seat when I don’t or seeing the fucking size of my clothes. Just now getting my shit together after several attempts, it feels different in that I am genuinely fucking scared for my life and realize this cannot continue.

What's the point when you'll just end up with eighty pounds of loose skin?

>surgery

Not natty.

>SW 427
Holy mother of god user. Do squats for those leg gains, start with body weight and work up to a bar and some weight on each end. High reps low weight bro.

yeah your lower body kinda mogs upper, those calves are pretty nice.

Bros, I don't know if I will make it..
>173 cm tall manlet
>in late 2017, I started losing weight at 114 kg
>now I'm 78 kg at 19% bodyfat
>skinnyfat, with fat around belly and hips area
>losing that shit is my priority, but I have started doing Greyskull couple of months ago and I'm enjoying the shit out of it
>got stuck at squat / deadlift due to low calories
>can't decide if I want to continue cutting down to >15% BF and hope that I'll lose belly and hips by then, or if I want to bite the bullet, start eating more and get stronger on LP, but I might stay a fat freak

Just failed a 48-hour fast 39 hours in. Didn't binge too hard but still feels bad considering I've done 48s before
Still on good tracks, though

How tall?

cut down to 15% and start fresh

Is 2300 per day too high calorie of a diet? 6'6 320lbs. I'm losing weight slowly but steadily, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong since all of you seem to have much lower calorie budgets even at similar weights

do 1800, thats an extra lb per week. most people here are doing 1500, some 1200.

i mean, it's probably enough to loose slowly and steadily like you are. but you could do 1800 like buddy here says and get better results quicker.

If it works for you and you don't even feel you're "on a diet" I'd rather go for that. But keep in mind you're going to need to exercise and lower your calories eventually anyways, since your weight is going lower and lower

At some point I was doing a 800 calorie 16:8 IF, now I just eat and exercise every other day and it works for me

That's what, a 500 cal deficit? You can do up to 500 more and do 1800 and lose it a bit faster.
As long as you're smart with your calories (switching to oil sprays, reducing snacking, skipping breakfast or whatever works for you) you'll barely even feel a difference in the ammount you eat.

>you'll barely even feel a difference in the ammount you eat.

Yeah, this is true. From 1800 to 2300 is such a smaller difference than from like 1200 to 1700 or 1000 to 1500.

When I was eating 2200, switching to 1700 instead was like eating the same shit but 20% less of it and it barely felt like a difference in hunger levels and whatnot. But then I decided to try 1200 and holy shit, that was bad, so I ended up at 1600.

It says my TDEE is around 3k at sedentary levels, but I gain weight if I eat that much. Maybe I'll drop it to 2000.

TDEE calculators are pretty shitty, I always assume they're overcalculating by like 400 by now. They all tell me around 2600 but I also gain weight pretty easily at that, while 2200ish plateaus me.

I do OMAD and snack on a couple of mini oranges or an apple, if I get really hungry. its been the best for good results, since you can basically have a "normal" sized meal once a day

Fuck it. I'm cutting back to 2000 per day. Thanks for the advice anons.

TDEE calculators are, unfortunately, estimates. A lot of things goes into it. You'd have to be working for NASA and going to space for a true calculation of your own TDEE to be warranted.

A common game changer is any kind of drug.

6'1"

Another one memed

Attached: 1550191504442.jpg (428x500, 80K)

Not a huge confession but I had about 100 calories worth of creamer with my coffee. I'm trying to slowly ease myself off of it and learn to drink in black.

try skim milk. i have mine with a splash of skim milk and a sugar cube and it works out to be less than 40 calories total

I'll give that a shot, thanks user.

i'm trying to eat healthier, and work at a coffee place. so all of this is with free food.

ate healthy lunch, snack, but then just got real bored, debated should i eat something sweet, thought to myself that i'm already a fat piece of shit and that i deserve a treat for not smoking weed today, drank a bottle of super sweet juice.

not fat just bulking here
I like lurking in these threads just to remind myself to keep it in check, anyone here cutting after an intended bulk?
my cut starting soonish

how much do you have to cut?

Either you're eating 3200 calories a day average or it's just water weight and you'll woosh. If you're not cheating your calories try eating less salt and drink more water.

>fucking keto rash

I want to kms.

Attached: keto rash.jpg (1612x646, 87K)

I don't even remember everything I ate. 2 big Macs and a wrap, triple pack of jaffa cakes and a few mini apple pies.
Yeah I know I'm a fat piece of shit, I don't even want forgiveness just kill me

Attached: 1550011189256.jpg (1024x683, 43K)

>lost a pound to two pounds a week for the last 10 weeks
slow and steady lads, we're all going to make it

Wooshing usually happens in the middle of the night after you eat a big meal. Try that :^)

anyone else love that feel when the muscles are aching after training?

DOMS sometimes ruins my weekly workout, that was before i did U/L split

Thanks user, I'll give both a try. I'm super strict with my calorie intake so I've actually been scared that I'd cut too much

how important is a minimum of protein each day? i track calories using cronometer and am ending up eating 1k of my 1700-1800 a day in pasta today, do i need to gulp down protein powder until i get over 100g minimum? im a nearly normal sized dude 6 foot 160-170lb. Usually my goal is 125+ g of protein a day, seems like the ideal amount

>pizza
>mcdolnalds
>cheetos
>donuts
>cake
>popcorn

Its been a horrible weekend. This is the first binge I've had in months too.

Attached: dfyhgj.png (732x720, 636K)

Anyone here have godly calves? Being fat was good for something at least

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

started my bulk half a year ago at 155 lbs at 5'11, Im gonna hit 185lbs soon
planning to cut half of what Ive gained so 15lbs to 170

>cut out all sugars in my diet except for natural ones (honey, sugar in fruits, etc)
>Stop drinking soda completely, haven't had anything carbonated in over a month - only water
>no chips, crisps, fatty snacks, or candy
>can't run at the gym due to stress fractures in my legs, still do light cardio/weights

>haven't lost more than 5lbs

what the fuck

I feel like a starving african refugee and I still havent lost weight

Attached: 1546870330237.png (906x327, 116K)

stop eating so much.
just because food is "healthy" doesn't mean, it doens't have any calories (see avocados, evoo, nuts etc)

Hey man if you're not strict we're all anonymous here and you're only letting down yourself.

Do you track your caloric intake? Doing light cardio will increase your caloric demand only a little bit above your TDEE

Go lift, as the process of building and maintaining muscle requires more energy than just recovering from cardio

See it through the evolutionary perspective: your body is literally meant to run after prey and use up as little energy as possible while doing so

And light cardio mimics that exact process

If for some reason you can’t lift and want to increase weight loss through cardio more effectively, do HIIT instead

Do keto

>do HIIT instead

If you're heavyweight, that kills joints. Swimming HIIT would work tho.

I've been cutting for about two weeks and lost almost 10 lbs.

Is this normal? I only weigh 180.

Yeah, it'll slow down. Or maybe it won't.

Assuming each lbs is about 3000cals * 10 is 30 000 cals. / 14 days = Caloric expenditure of 2142 cals /day

Impressive user.

Attached: Good job porco rosso.jpg (3000x1770, 546K)

fatty cope

Yes, it's called water weight.
Rate will slow down, unless you're actually in a ~2k cals / day deficit.

>"I'm not tracking my calories and I'm not losing weight oh god what is wrong why can't I lose the weight"

every fucking thread

Attached: 1546719331885.jpg (581x767, 92K)

I'm 3hours into my 24hour fast. How will I curb the hunger later on? Just chug water?

Attached: 1538520648130.jpg (1062x752, 156K)

lets fucking do this bros

Whatever you say batman.

>Lost a couple of kgs
>Jumped up 2% in bodyfat
The sooner those calipers get here, the better, this is stupid.

If you are obese, is it possible that you are hiding the chad underneath? Does fat make chad unattractive for women?

Got around to watching it.
It's nothing we don't know, but it's cool to hear it from an actual cynical doctor. Including criticizing conflicts of interest in medical/nutrition research.

I just ate a pint of ice cream and threw it up, why do I keep doing this to myself?

Attached: 1549847074563.gif (421x498, 1.41M)

>Le fasting shill

Nah.

who would shill for fasting? by definition there's no money to be made