All of my friends tell me how they spend 2-3 hours in the gym to get in all of their workouts...

All of my friends tell me how they spend 2-3 hours in the gym to get in all of their workouts. How does anyone take this long in the gym I can't understand. Do they just sit around doing nothing or look at their phone half the time?

When I workout I do circuits and am constantly from one machine to the next getting in two body sections done per workout and it takes me an hour at most to finish. Do people seriously waste this much time in the gym to do half the work that should be done per gym session?

Attached: Arnold+1.jpg (1500x1028, 178K)

reminder that exercising for more than 25 minutes at a time will increase estrogen production

>How does anyone take this long in the gym I can't understand. Do they just sit around doing nothing or look at their phone half the time?
Why don't you ask them, retard?

Because I understand what manners are. Surely you do too.

I look at my phone a lot

The best is when you have 3 or 4 bros to have a deadlift party. Get together on a Saturday morning at the gym. Load up plates and try to max out. Shoot the shit between sets. Get some volume in after deadlifts with some bodybuilding stuff. That’s a good 2-3 hours there. Then you head out for some steak and potatoes before going home to fuck the wife.

You can ask them using proper manners.

Def shouldn’t be working out for more than an hour. Unless they are including long periods of stretching or warm ups/cool downs.

Man the time just flies for me, Im in there and im working out non stop and i look at the clock at the end 3 hours have gone by by the time i feel like ive done enough. Fuck going through a routine and checking shit off the list counting down sets i leave when I feel like it. Enjoy the process

3 compounds

5 sets each

5 minutes rest each set

Now add accessories, warm up, cardio

I get your workouts take 45 minutes when you lift bitch weight, but when you’re training everything and have intensity and volume thresholds to hit, a 2 hour workout isn’t at all out of the ordinary

dumb dyel bitch

Doing volume or just general work, an hour is enough.

But if i am getting ready for a powerlifting comp, once weights hit 80%+ for lots of sets then workouts blow out to an easy 2 hours.

Today was
Squats 2x2 at 90%+
5x3 at 85%
RDLs 4x 10
Barbell rows 4 x 10
Tempo bench 4 x 3
Lat pull downs 4 x 10
Throw in some stretching at the beginning and shit takes a while. Rested 8 minutes between the squat doubles, and around 5 minutes between the triples.

What a nice weekend activity you fucking townie

this.

before injury my deadlift day was 50,000lbs moved. It took me about 2hrs to get through. This was 1RM 410. So imagine you're not a lil bitch like me and are actually lifting real weight.

>5 minutes rest per set
>Calling other people lazy

Post body and stats.

If your doing heavy sets of squats and deadlifts then 5 minutes rest honestly isn't that much, i take about 10 minutes between heavy singles.

An Hour and 5-15 minute seems good.

Tbh, if you're in there for 3 hours you probably aren't working out hard enough, or you're recovering to long. (This does not take into account cardio and waiting time for others).

If you spend more than 60-75 minutes at the gym working out you're either doing something wrong or on steroids.

Attached: 1546299495001.png (420x678, 344K)

Don't listen to these twinks, they probably can't even lift their own body weight. I take 15-20 minute breaks between my sets.

>5 minutes rest each set
Ask me how I know you don’t lift

Dis

They do more than one set and two exercises

>before injury
XD

Post physique pls

>20 sets of lifting
>12 sets of ab work
>30 minutes cardio
>1 minute rest in between sets

takes me about an hour and a half, I do a PPL and go 6 times per week

>not taking a 45 min nap between sets

Manners? Seriously? They could be damaging their gains and bodies with overtraining. I would tell them if I were you "wow, I usually spend 40 minutes on each workout, how come you spend2 hours?" they'll either tell you they take long breaks to do heavier sets which is not bad if they have a goal in mind or they're doing more than 15 exercises which could be potentially bad for them so you can discuss with them overtraining and that they'd have better gains if they increase thsir intensity and not drain their bodies but not in a condescending way ofc.

All in all, you're a fucking retard.

You really don't need more than 3 minutes for rest intervals
unfuck your work capacity fatso