Working abs without obliques?

MY goal is o build a V-Taper. I'm half way there but i'd also like to start working on abs. The worst thing you can do for a v taper is work obliques, which make your waist wider. Is it possible to isolate the abs without working obliques?

Attached: 1550488130019.jpg (1125x1489, 348K)

You got source of that pic, friend?

bro just work ur obliques, it will look better irl trust me.

Why are teachers allowed to dress like this?

your obliques get hit when doing regular ab work. Just don't do direct work and you're good.

hahahahahahaha

so i should rely on compound movements to train abs incidentally?

You won't be able to isolate you bs from your obliques any more than you can isolate you biceps short head form the bicpes long head.
You can put most of the load on one muscle, but not all of it. You'll get some oblique development.
Hinging at the waist without any torque will be the best you can do to avoid obliques while training abs.

Heavy compounds will actually work against you, as you obliques are engaged throughout the movement to keep your torso stable.

nah, there's not enough direct work on your abs through compounds despite what powerlifters will tell you. Hit your abs 1-3 times a week with direct work just don't do anything for direct oblique work and you're good.

I think you're thinking of squats when you say heavy compounds. Squats and deadlifts will def build obliques. I'm currently avoiding those as bad as it sounds. On the other hand, a heavy compound like shoulder press shouldnt work obliques

I think it will look stupid. Build your obliques.

You only call me your friend when you need something from me, fuck you!

did direct oblique work on top of the usual compounds and abs through landmine twists, cable choppers and sometimes side bends(this ones gave me mega doms but are controversial to spinal health), 4x/week for some months while lean bulking, result? barely any growth

Attached: 39BB3E11-A5CF-41A1-83DB-BDA624285003.jpg (219x333, 4K)

you are retarded
proper bracing of core to do heavy compounds REQUIRES oblique engagement

and secondly, obliques wont make your waist into baloon sideways, they wont grow bigger than your pelvis anyway.

>hey guys, I think underdeveloping a particular muscle will make my physique look better

Attached: 1542084356083.jpg (485x428, 112K)

You're not going to increase your waist that much with oblique work unless you're a super skeleton. They won't go much past your pelvis, just enough to get an Apollo's belt, which is a good thing anyway.

this
got visible abs due to ab training and treating it like it was any other muscle in terms of progressive overload, still have abs after gaining 7kg in the past 6 months
when I was at around 10%bf if not lower(seriously, I cut for so long obsessed with being extremely lean my hormones went to shit and my abs were as visible as they're now)

guys how do I target the biceps and triceps without developing my forearms and shoulders? I don't want them to take attention away from my big arms

Attached: 1.jpg (510x242, 73K)

I'm not gonna lie, it's impressive he managed that. How is that even possible?

Which exercises did you do?

I find it difficult to progress on ab isolations since most I can think of are bodyweight exercises

how best hit obliques bros

I just use pic related

Attached: 1541354681989.jpg (930x1316, 198K)

side planks

I picked two that I did consistently then switched them up from time to time

>Hanging Leg Raises
use dumbbells on your feet or ankle straps to add weight
>Ab Wheel
have someone or ask someone to put a plate on your back, stopped doing this when I stopped lifting with my gf
>decline bench crunches
hold a plate/dumbbell BEHIND your head, pretty ez to progress

now I started doing this one and it's pretty fucking good
>myotatic crunch
can progress pretty well and this shit makes your abs burn like crazy, they hit full ROM due to the ball or half-ball thingy, just hold a plate with your arms extended

then you have that thing Rocky did, can rep out 3 of these with full ROM before I shit the bed, and if you do 3x8 of these then congrats you have big ass abs
cable crunches are also pretty good and ez to progress, leg raises on a bench,etc...

just do a crunch type movement + leg raise movement to work both lower and upper abs
also do Vacuums, trust me on this one

cable choppers, hanging side raises, windshield wipers, landmine twists

ty based m80s

Why cant I have a girl like this take pics like these for me?

>myotatic crunch

I remember this one being popularized by Tim Ferris many years ago

Thanks for the long reply.