Straps

i went to wlamart last night and bought 3 sleeves of fig newtons and a pair of deadlifting straps. my dl is hard stuck at 3x295 because i cant hold onto the bar. been doing , i want to start doing defects but they seem like a pita.

basically my question is... are straps going to fuck my grip even further??

please say no

Attached: 813JiN6e12L._SX425_.jpg (425x507, 30K)

*ive been doing 20 second hangs but they havent helped a lot

Wear straps for max effort shit or just do mixed grip. They can be a training aid or a crutch. You get to pick.

is grip trained at all using straps

want to eventually do 5x405 strapless beltless im scared straps are going to FUCK me

Can you still drop the weight with straps or is it an infinite grip?
I still feel like it will slide off my hand. Like I cant keep the thumb around and Im just holding it with my fingers after some reps.
Maybe Im using them wrong or idk.
Use them for snatch grip deadlift

Do as many reps as you can with double overhand then switch to mixed grip. Try alternating the mixed grip too, if you can. Do barbell rows to fix imbalances from mixed grip.
As for straps, they always slip off when I use them. I don’t bother with them. Probably user error...

Does mixed grip cause muscle imbalance

That’s a load of shit.

Chalk + hook grip. I pull 495x3 this way which is impressive by normie standards and my grip has never been an issue since I switched to hook for work sets.

Yes. No reason unless you're competing at a national level.

Try chalk before you fuck with straps. I was getting stuck around 305 because the bar kept slipping, but after using chalk in the knurling of the bar, it doesn't slip at all and I can double overhand it pretty easily. It's nice having my grip not being a limiting factor.

When you eventually deload just bring it back up without straps.

Yes, the moment arm on the trapezius, psoas, glutes, hamstring, and lats are all altered when u do mixed grip.

lol, fag

I just alternate between sets.

Not too much but you should be more worried about bicep tears with mixed grip

Use double overhand for warmups and lighter work sets
For heavy work sets, you can mixed grip, use straps or learn hook grip (will take a few weeks of doing all your pulling w/ hook grip to adjust, then you can go back to double overhand on lighter shit to keep working grip)

It depends on your goals man. Straps are an overload technique unless you compete in a PL fed that allows them.

>2019
>using straps
>not using braps instead
not gonna make it.

Attached: 51263775_357549388306080_2458731565639794688_n.png (501x480, 316K)

if your only doing several sets of deadlift a week *which your shouid be* mixed grip wont really cause any noticable muscle imbalances

>is grip trained at all using straps
No

>are straps going to fuck my grip even further??
Yes. Mixed grip won't fuck you up unless you're pulling with your arms, which you shouldn't do regardless of you grip, and even then it would take years of doing it just one sided. Even shredding yoir bicep isn't a real issue as long as you're not an idiot and try to curl your Diddly.

no

I had the same problem. I added a couple of sets of deadhangs until failure (not just 20 sec) for a few months. I'm up to 3x3.5pl8 overhand and still have enough grip to hold on to the bar for a few seconds on the last rep.

Do deadhangs or farmer's walks or something. In the meantime, I'd do what suggested. Double overhand until your grip fails, then switch to mixed grip or use the straps just so you can finish your deadlifts.

I can double overhand 325lb for 4 reps and I have 5'4 manlet hands. 6 months of training. One thing I noticed that helped me a lot when doing DOH sets, is really squeezing with my thumb.