Hobbies

this thread is for bots who want to get into new hobbies. share experiences, questions, whatever

i want to get into model building but my huge hands lack dexterity. the last time i tried to build a model battleships i used to much glue it looked i did a cum tribute instead

Attached: HTB1tn9fIVXXXXcLXFXXq6xXFXXXd_1_6de2a5b6-edd1-4263-84d6-3d0bfa8e9b19.jpg (730x437, 36K)

>the last time i tried to build a model battleships i used to much glue
Most people do. You only need a tiny amount to get the plastic to fuse. And try a Tweezer set designed for SMA electronics handling to bypass your sausage fingers ($5 on Amazon).

My hobby is making bondage gear.

thanks user, im not sure when next ill have a chance to buy/build a model but ill take that into consideration. does your hobby ever cross into work? like do you ever sell your gear?

Once I have a job I would also like to try out model building to please my wehraboo autism. If I had more money than I could ever spend I'd probably also get into lego again

Yeah, I sell the gear. It's all custom fit to the buyer but it ain't my day job, just some booze money. You'd be surprised how normal many of my customers seem on the outside, many of my clients are well off like doctors and and even the captain of a US Navy submarine.

same here i never appreciated how expensive lego was when i was a kid. last time i bought lego was about 5-6 years ago when i was teaching english in korea and bought in a set to my kindergarten class that was like $100 for a tiny little castle section

>battleships
try with something easy like tanks

Attached: Hungarian Stuka.jpg (800x533, 73K)

good to know that when I used my tweezers to reach a hard screw in my pc build it wasn't just improvisation

Model building is a pretty common (and patrician) male hobby
Man I was really tempted to buy that newish Saturn V kit just a while ago. I just find it very hard to justify spending so much money on "useless" things like that. Not to mention the space it takes up

I like playing ukuleles. I know it is somewhat seen as a pussy instrument given the amount of millennial women playing them on youtube but really it's a fun instrument.

There isn't a massive pressure that one has when playing it. I also took up guitar before but there's this sort of unwritten pressure that you're obligated to do great solos, know all the flashy tricks, spend in the thousands for "real gear", etc in order to be considered a real guitarist. There isn't that pressure with ukuleles and there are only a couple players who really are exemplary in their playing.

A decent ukulele is about 100 bucks, strings last a long time, a lot less maintenance than a guitar, very easy to learn the basics and there's a good sized community.

If anyone wants to learn an instrument but feels daunted by the prospect of playing hours a day for years and sinking a big chunk of cash before you can sound decent and be respected then try the ukulele.

Attached: 6103001.jpg (1200x900, 104K)

My main hobby is 3D sculpting and rigging/animating. Its surprisngly easy to get into with all the tutorials available. I do sell some of my renders as album art and other shit to people, but like the bondage user said, it isnt and wont be my day job. I always wanted to get into 3D printing my own figures as well (i sculpt a lot of anime tiddy cows unsurprisingly)

>I also took up guitar before but there's this sort of unwritten pressure
It's only a problem if you let yourself get put under pressure. Just do what you want and stop searching for approval from other people. And don't listen to the twats and gearfags

I like to collect Soviet badges, medals and orders and I have a rare full set of WW2 awards belonging to a married couple of two Soviet paramilitary skydiving instructors from the 30s.
This picture shows a photo of a husband/former skydiving instructor who became a pilot of I-16/U-2 with the beginning of the war, the photo was taken somewhere in 1944 or 1943. You can see the rare early version of the Order of the Red Banner on his chest, the medal "For the Defence of Stalingrad" and rare early variation of badge of instructor which he received in 1938.
I have a lot of interesting photos but Jow Forums is a giant pile of shit so I can't post all of them.

Attached: Photo-1.jpg (960x1280, 313K)

>the last time i tried to build a model battleships i used to much glue

Literally the most common mistake alongside not thinning your paints.

As for shakey hands, I find that drinking around 350ml of of 5% alcohol helps.

Another hobby I wanna get into right there. Gonna scout some flea markets real soon for some nice german WW2 memerobilia. Too bad most of the stuff from my family is still in the hands of other relatives. I'd love to post some of the pictures from my great grandfathers time in the Kriegsmarine on Jow Forums

appreciate the advice a lot user. i was pretty young when i attempted it and hope i have more patience now. im thinking about buying a few models over this winter and trying them out when im snowed in cheers

He later was awarded two orders of the Patriotic War, 1st and 2nd class. The first class is made of 8 grams of gold and 16 silver, the second of 24 grams of silver + 4 gramms non-precious metals.

Attached: CAM00211.jpg (2448x3264, 1.33M)

As long as you're not one of those fags who brings it with them everywhere and plays the same 3 chords over and over to try and attract women. Had someone in high school play one at lunch and between classes and it was just obnoxious because it was literally the same exact chords every day for YEARS.

There is a huge number of fakes of even cheap German WW2 awards, they are the most popular military awards among beginners. Try to buy from sellers you know, and preferably do it on special forums for collectors.

Oh yeah definitely. I'll do some serious reading before I buy any awards and such. Even more so if I were in the position to buy any weapons. But really, I'm interested in anything from that era. At first I'll probably stick to small stuff like coins, photo albums and the like. But thanks for the warning my man. Would also love to get into metal detecting one day

>identifying and cataloging trees
Gets me outside with nature and usually in recluse to enjoy my hobby.

You can buy glue that comes with a Brush applicator to help control it.

There are also part stands with mini vices to help securely hold and rotate models. You can also buy magnificent glasses lime healers use.

Also most acrylic model paints are meant to be airbrushed as formulated. They don't always cover well straight out of the jar. They can be pigment rich and streaky.

So research your paints to see if they will be brushsble or might need thining/ thickening. Painting textured surfaces with a Brush also will ruin brushes quickly by destroying the tips and you will lose fine control.

The best robot hobby is Grindr, it's fun to browse and look for traps and sissies to fuck

Another trick is to brace your dominant hand on your non dominant wrist. Almost like a competitive pistol shooting stance. The shakes counteract.

Are you the actual faggot who slaps his dick on it in vocaroo

*Like jewlers

thanks to you too user. ill have to try that out. im going to visit a hobby shop after my semester is over and hope to upload a half decent work so we can keep discussing model making and i can get more advice

I ordered epoxy resin from ebay after seeing epoxy resin tables on youtube. I dont feel like making anything now after all. How do you stop losing interest in things quickly. I seem to lose interest before trying, sometimes.
Right now for example, i find it highly uninteresting to do woodworking and i was gonna get a motorcycle driving license in the summer, become a volleyball player, boxer, bodybuilder. None of this happened.
I do research on a topic, become interested, buy gear/tools and then lose interest. Fucking sucks. I suspect ADD.

Attached: SATA2K-XXL-Amphenol-SATA-Cable-Straight-with-Latch-to-Left-Angle-003.jpg (1920x1280, 150K)

What if as a girl I build model tanks and ships... Is this why I'm khv?

You probably just don't leave the house. It's pretty hard to drive away all men as a woman. Why am I even replying to this as if it's not bait?

My dad does this.
He has a huge collection, is writing a book about it.

What exactly is your father writing about? The set belonging to this couple revealed new things to me about which I haven't found information anywhere even among experienced Russian collectors focusing on badges of Soviet parachutists. A lot of things aren't known to the general public and not cataloged even in the subject of Soviet awards, it's hard to imagine how much we don't know about the decorations of less popular and well documented nations. The existence of some rare subtypes is probably only known by a few hundred people.

Bump because I like this thread. Rare thing these days

Here's something I'm already doing. I make music and record myself reading short stories and upload them to youtube. Starting out with music isn't all that hard. Depends on what you wanna make of course. And the short stories is just something I do for the hell of it. Some people seem to like my voice and it's fun and gets me to read