Bicycle discussion

Reminder: Cycling instead of driving is a great efficient way to get some cardio in.

Attached: 1F4366E5-A535-47D5-82B9-C8F44C3F3866.jpg (761x1200, 717K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theconversation.com/the-unbearable-whiteness-of-cycling-76256
road.cc/content/news/242635-london-needs-shed-its-white-male-middle-class-cyclist-image-says-will-norman
theguardian.com/environment/ethicallivingblog/2009/aug/10/cycling-white-sport
smartcitiesdive.com/ex/sustainablecitiescollective/bicycling-s-racist-sexist-and-classist-beginnings-and-how-they-impact-bicycling-/335551/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

>cardio
what's that
sorry i'm new

fsddfsffd

>Fixes takes 10min max
No they dont. Why would you lie?

Ive owned road bikes for years and even went whole 2018 carless and bicycled everywhere, even if the ride were 20 hours.

If you dont know how to fix your bike, it wont take you 10min. Even if you know how to fix your bike it still wont take fucking 10min. Stop lying.

You wont stay local. You will end up hating on others for being in your way. Like Mothers out with their newly born kids walking wherever and being in your way.

Cycling is great but cars are great too. Use both.

For Cardio, no. Walks are better.

Attached: 20180709_061734.jpg (1512x2016, 870K)

You can't consider yourself male if you can't fix the most simple car issues and you can buy one for one, one off payment if you wish to. Have fun getting hit off your rinky euro trash bike with your clip on boots.
I enjoy biking but the comparisons are shit tier

t. cager

> Like Mothers out with their newly born kids walking wherever and being in your way.
Don’t cycle on the sidewalk

>For Cardio, no. Walks are better.
Kek

Attached: 053526FF-A5BC-4902-AAF4-1792595C2963.jpg (1653x1023, 426K)

What?

>Even if you know how to fix your bike it still wont take fucking 10min. Stop lying.

Yes it will. Literally 99% of problems like flat tyres, gear adjustments, brake adjustments and wheel truing take 10mins maximum. If it takes you any longer you don't know what you're doing.

t. semi-decent bike technician

You're honestly a fucking moron if you cycle outside a select number of European cities. Shit's just too dangerous.

I live in Copenhagen, so I cycle everywhere (and so does everyone else). But that's because the infrastructure here is set-up for it.

I'd never cycle anywhere in England or France, etc. Only places where you can do it are cities in the Netherlands, MAYBE Berlin, and some cities in Sweden and in Denmark.

Everywhere else you fucking die. If you have to share the road with cars and don't get to cycle on a SEPARATED bike path, don't fucking do it.

>If you have to share the road with cars and don't get to cycle on a SEPARATED bike path, don't fucking do it.
Cycle like a man and dominate the road.

Slow their roll.

/out/ crossboarder pls.
Rowing > Swimming > Cycling > Running >>> Walking >>> Shit >>> Jogging

>white activity
Then why are niggers always stealing bikes?

to sell it

in europe it's the sangniggers stealing bikes, not nigger niggers

I need an Audubon Guide to Niggers to keep them all straight.

Can I get a bike rate, lads?

Attached: the poontang annihilator.jpg (3720x3024, 2.17M)

Lose the front brake sissy
That pushed back saddle and that stem length lol
Rear sidewall with no brake makes you LOOK fucking retarded
Cut that tube and slam that stem, faggot
I could keep going but I'll stop there. Good luck

Attached: 41454579_1465252870273446_3473747410064469546_n.jpg (750x750, 149K)

Never had a problem while riding on small country lanes. All of my problems with cagies happen in cities, even if there is separated infrastructure for bikes.

Cagie holocaust when?

why is the seat so high up? how do you ride that shit?

Attached: bwmv0kup0th21.jpg (373x767, 44K)

this a troll?

What’s wrong with jogging?

Who /mtb/ here?
Shit is an absolute leg killer

Attached: Snapchat-1582927100.jpg (720x1280, 429K)

>destroying your trails when its muddy out
ishygddt

>almost exclusively a white activity
ruined it for me ur crazy

Nah, the trails have a couple perpetually wet mud holes that are fun to ride through

I use a bike around my town but nigga I don't have time to cycle 50 miles a day in Texas to get to work.

It would be highways all they way, I prefer my survival chances in my paid off car.

> In London, a city where a third of the population identifies as black, Asian and minority ethnic, 86% of male cyclists and 94% of female cyclists are white
theconversation.com/the-unbearable-whiteness-of-cycling-76256

> white, middle class males represent the typical cyclist in the capital [...] “It touches on something which is a real challenge for London cycling, which is diversity. [...] “Even when we have seen the growth in the number of cyclists, we haven’t seen that diversity.
road.cc/content/news/242635-london-needs-shed-its-white-male-middle-class-cyclist-image-says-will-norman

> "It's no better on the continent; possibly worse. Cycling remains a conspicuously "white" sport."
theguardian.com/environment/ethicallivingblog/2009/aug/10/cycling-white-sport

> "Cycling clubs tended to be all-male, very nationalistic and even a little militaristic. Zack Furness says, "cycling organizations effectively reproduced some of the worst aspects of nationalistic ideology and male chauvinism in the training of men's bodies and minds in the 1880s and 90s." Cycling clubs explicitly excluded African Americans, Asian Americans, the poor, and Native Americans.
smartcitiesdive.com/ex/sustainablecitiescollective/bicycling-s-racist-sexist-and-classist-beginnings-and-how-they-impact-bicycling-/335551/

Come home

Yeah, MTB is my cardio of choice. Used to run but it fucked up my knees. And MTB is way more fun.

Same here, running makes my shins hurt so bad

Big downside is that they're actually unsafe and our cities aren't designed around them. Funny thing is, Bikes themselves are super safe, but people get hit by cars all the time.

Dominate the road. I've thrown kicks into doors of people crowding the bike lane (they're usually texting) and will absolutely throw hands if you get out of the car about it.

Punched one dude's dude mirror off once when he purposely came into the lane and stopped to try and cut me off for yelling about being on his phone.

The worst are fucking soccer moms that see you in the rearview during rush hour and crowd the shoulder to make it so you can't pass. One cunt did it to me, I pulled up beside her, made eye contact, picked my bike up, and walked it into the grass to keep riding. Like, what possible fucking benefit did that have for you?

Biking is where I get out most of my aggression because Philly drivers are the absolute worst.

I'm in Ontario and I've biked all winter. Mountain bike. It's great. If the roads are too bad, I go onto the side-walk. Most rides are 20-30 minutes. Bus would take me 30-40 minutes.

poor

I walk everywhere because I can't afford a car. My rich boomer great aunt offered to buy me a car but I don't really want it because insurance for young people is absolutely insane, it just seems like a giant waste of money when everywhere I need to go is within 10 minutes walking distance.

t. car owning cuck who wasted money on a status symbol

>I walk everywhere because I can't afford a car.

I was like you. Once you hit 30's, your knees will get problems. Get a bike.