/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

A place where insecure powerlifters who don't compete complain about steroids and geared lifting, and where even more insecure wannabe olympic lifters who don't compete come to complain about a hobby that they don't participate in.

>Reminder that you picked the wrong hobby. Go watch anime and play runescape, and jack off to cartoons.

Attached: quit lamo.jpg (900x1200, 308K)

Approved Intermediate Programs for PLG

>Bro Tier (trying hard, having sex, loving life required)
5th Set (late intermediates)
5/3/1 (read Beyond or Forever)
Westside for Skinny Bastards
Madcow Intermediate (best for early intermediate)
Destroy the Opposition (J. Lewis)
Cube Kingpin
The Cube (+ Predator)
Conjugate (best in a good gym)
Spotoshot (bench only)
Texas Method 4-day Split Model from PPST.
Juggernaut Method 2.0 (a more periodized 5/3/1)

>Nerd Tier (must have IQ higher than bodyweight in kg)
RTS Generalized Intermediate
RTS Emerging Strategies
Nuckols Average to Savage
Nuckols 28 Free
GZCL (any variation)
TSA 9 Week
Blevins Skynet AI ($, but cheap)

>Meme Tier (might work if you love memes)
Candito 6 Week
Texas Method 3-Day
Texas Method Trappy Version
Sheiko
The Bridge
Smolov Jr.
Bulgarian/Bugenhagen Method
Heavy Light Medium (not a program, just a loose DUP template).
Slavic Swole
nSuns 5/3/1 (written by a 1200 total Redditor)
Hepburn (8x2-3s)

>Retard Cuck-Tier
PH3 (need a tourniquet to choke yourself, and it has a 100% injury rate)

*all of these programs work (except PH3), but the effort and attitude of the athlete is most important

first for tomates is the best poster

Powerlifting is fun. But remember to do sports too so you don't get bored!

One is a squat and the other is not.
Can you tell the difference?

Attached: 1551795551222.png (2041x713, 2.36M)

on the right 420 kg
on the left 290 kg and short femur cheating

You don't even exercise, oly bait poster

Shit OP
Shit post
Ultra shit post, trip on tomatotard
Good post
Shit post

My OP is great. You should quit.

what are those shoes in the left
look dope

>On the right 320lb untested roiding fat ass in wraps, wrist wraps, and belt. Maxing out and not breaking parallel
>On the left 200lb tested roider with sleeves. Hitting decent single (90% or lower for him) before the comp and breaking parallel.

I feel like I can't breathe in my belly and fill it with air, so properly brace the heavier I squat
Should I just get a belt? Are there any ways to fix?

train abs and get a belt.

Can you properly perform a hanging leg raise, bringing your shins to the pull-up bar?

Antas

Never tried lol I dont train abs

Wow no way, you don't know how to properly utilize muscles that you've never exercised weird

no program has them programmed in
Is ab wheel enough? I bought one recently

Using a stiff powerlifting bar for squatting and benching is cheating.

i think i strained my right oblique yesterday when deadlifting
ill focus on just squat and bench until it healed

yikes

Watch Chris Duffin's videos on bracing. He has some helpful stuff with his how to squat video with supertraining too

Ab wheel is good. Do it in front of a mirror and focus on not hyperextending your back or letting your belly sag

I told you to stop maxing and failing deadlifts everyday for a whole week you complete tard

Reminder that being attracted to tomboys or short haired, androgenous "girls" as a sign of mental illness or hormonal imbalance.

If you are attracted to this image, seek professional help before continuing to powerlift

Attached: 1551789975424.jpg (960x960, 133K)

im getting so shredded i think its gotten to a point where its unhealthy
should i stop my cut?

Attached: Screenshot_20190305-155543_Video Player.jpg (1080x1154, 576K)

Is it the one where he puts plates on top of a cola can and the one filled with air holds more weight?
Yeah I have. I know how to brace it just feels very hard to do the heavier it gets. Like higher than 3pl8 its hard to brace for me.

Good bait

i think you should cut more. and remember with the veins, not through

Ha ha ebin troll sean

I'm pretty sure they're just gay and don't want to go through the embarrassment of telling their families.

I'm very attracted to her picture on the left

it was intentional injury
my right oblique will heal and super compensate allowing me to deadlift 240kg

No. Are you keeping a neutral spine and an unflared ribcage?

if you cant breathe then contract abs try the opposite, contract abs as much as you can and breathe in your belly

BASED

Attached: Tian Tao 320kg squat.jpg (1073x757, 162K)

okay thanks

Powerlifting?
Never heard of her.

Attached: chinese-olympic-lifting-beast-header-1068x566.jpg (1068x566, 78K)

>roiding manlets

If the US didn't have Football, we would destroy China in weightlifting.

Cope

Nah. Weightlifting is cool, but the US has real, entertaining, high paying sports j stead.

This person started taking test to become a twink and honestly I'm even more into it now

why is american football not as popular in the rest of the world? looks cool, big explosive guys tackling each other

You need high school sports to begin recruiting early. The US does this better than the rest of the world

Football is really complex to organize and coach, and has lots of equipment. You need to start young

American Football is expensive to play, you need all the gear, someone to constantly stop and start a clock, all that shit. Soccer on the other hand you need a ball and you're good to go, I grew up kicking a tenis ball around half the time.

all the niggers in europe are too lanky and bitch made

full of niggers, the rest of the world understand that they are subhumans

3rd world cope

Only Americans can get behind the idea of 22 builtfats hugging each other.

Nearly all olympic gold medallists in oly are millionaires. Especially the recent ones.
Delusional.

As a German I find it annoying that the game stops every 2 seconds

t.

Attached: 1540334231249.jpg (612x428, 97K)

Because it's a poor mans rugby

do they get payed so much by the chinese government? I find that hard to believe

The US has some of the most impressive athletes in the world playing football, full stop.

>skinny ass beginners ask me for some advice
>send them the SS pdf
>they still doing "arm day bro"
>mfw

Attached: ba1.jpg (600x884, 52K)

Many of them can market themselves with companies and run businesses. Klokov is a multimillionaire and he's not a gold medalist.
So does China, Russia, and the rest of Europe.

you can do ss with an arm day. lord knows the program needs it

Give him something better than ss. Do you want him to have a shit bench and no upperbody?

Wheeew. The first set felt so good that I decided to turn them into sets of 7. Which was a small PR. Bands for sets of 6 now, which are also PRs.

Is the tomatofag gone yet?

great idea

you probably shouldn't stop deadlifting either, just put your max on the bar on pins and lower it a whole bunch of times. preferably with a rounded back so that you can do your super compensation plan on your spine, too

NO

where you fron tomate man, I did visit rotterdam last year and it was great, people are quite attractive compared to the sandniggers french frogs

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLT
>WAWFT

>Training
Bench 4x3 120kg, 3x8 97.5kg
Incline db bench w/ pause 4x12
Accessory/hypertrophy shit for delts and triceps

Very happy with the bench, hit all the sets with reps to spare. Didn't think 120kg would feel that light.

Your samefagging is so retardedly obvious because of your incapabiliy to type coherent sentences. Hang yourself

limburg

>Training
6x6 SSB squats 140kg
6x8 Floor Press 105kg
4x12 Sumo RDL's
3x15 lat pulldowns and upright rows

We bodybuilding now

>Listening
Mayhem's Chimera

You super gay.

Attached: 1551715915778.jpg (480x517, 23K)

mind your business and Ill mind mine

Why do tomboy/androgenous lovers get so triggered?

>A
Estrogen makes them moody.

chinese have short femurs americans longer femurs

>97.5
That is the weight which may not be loaded.

290kg on the left
You baiting shithead made me search for the pic on the right, apparently it's Eric Lilliebridge and that's 461kg on his back while he's CLEARLY breaking parallel, mogging your crappy chinktwink into oblivion. Here's your (You) pathetic faggot.

The forbidden weight.

I wanted to load 100kg and could have done it, but it wasn't programmed. Next cycle though.

Also, I'm doing some singles on my ramp up sets on Thursday. 90% of on TM is 126, should I go for the 127.5?

Gasping for air and can't brace as hard after 4 heavy squat reps making me miss the 5th, shit endurance? How often should I do cardio?

If your conditioning is that bad, then you should start to incorporate some conditioning oriented work into your program.

Prowler, rowing machine, airdyne bike, elliptical machine, Farmers carries, small consistent work each day. Only stuff that can be done in less than 15 minutes.

This seems rather complex, can't I just do 30 minutes of LISS 3x/week?

Wheeeeeeeeeeew. Both me and my triceps were fucking drained at the end of the last set of the 3-board close grip and JM presses. Couldn't make it to the last rep, and I could barely lock out the last rep of close grip, at 50 fucking kg.

>complex
What is complex about pushing the prowler across the gym for thirty seconds, resting for a minute, then pushing it back and repeating until you get tired?

Cardio is not complicated, get your fat ass out the door and get it done

Even simpler would be to reduce your training maxes and get your workouts done quicker with less recovery time to improve your conditioning

You named 5 different things, I just thought doing "normal" cardio like jogging would be sufficient.

Yes

If you feel like you have it in you go for it, if not 125 is fine. It's better to leave a little in the tank then to miss a rep.

five options does not mean that it is complicated. Jogging is a stupid idea, because you are probably out of shape and overweight, and you are going to beat the shit out of your joints and shands

Liss won't condition you. It might burn a little fat

whats up if I cant do more than x reps of deadlift by overall fatigue and not a particular muscle failing, is it shit tier work capacity?

40 pounds overweight to be precise, I guess you're right.

Jogging isn't that fucking bad for you unless you're an actual bloatlord.

.t someone that jogged just fine while bordering on 120 kilos

Might just go for 127.5 for the first single, and two 125, since the recommended weight is 126. Maybe 127.5 for all three if it moves good.

The point of the image isn't to compare numbers being lifted, dumb fuck. There are weightlifters squatting 400kg+ without a belt in sleeves as an accessory. The point was to show the atrocious, unathletic, disgusting thing that passes for a squat in powershitting.

>weightlifters
This general has a zero tolerance policy towards faggotry. What are you doing here anyway?

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1524117246666.png (492x475, 24K)

>This general has a zero tolerance policy towards faggotry.
Why you doin powerfagging then?

Yes.

Nice blog *eats a crocodile's genitals for its aphrodisiac qualities*

>Jogging isn't that fucking bad for you
Yes it is. If you are over 200 lbs, you're going to get beat to fuck.

It's stupid. If you want to run, lose weight and do it right.

Hey everyone. I'd like to get your thoughts on only doing one lift in a given day? Can anyone vouch for the effectiveness of doing this?

On a side note, if only training the big three, would one see any shoulder development?