/fat/ - Easter Soon Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For terrifying girth harvesters who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micro-nutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>walk, swim, or bike, just get moving.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Attached: fguhk.jpg (1457x1649, 463K)

My brother...

Attached: Screenshot_20190322-150234.png (1080x1920, 486K)

CONFESS

Attached: xfgjkk.png (1024x1148, 50K)

I'm on a bulk and yet I come to these threads still. Keeps me grounded.

My friend’s dad died last night and I am obviously going to be there for him but a small shitty part of me is worried that I won’t be able to lift because I will have to go to the viewing that day
Most likely I won’t have an issue or I will lift when I get back home at worst (home gym) but I will probably end up losing sleep in that case
But most of me knows I am being an inconsiderate shithead and lifting may need to take a backseat to life if needed and I am probably worrying over nothing anyway - but that shitty voice in the back of my head still exists

never thought i'd say this but i have no confessions
thanks bros for all your help

So hard to balance eating right and not throwing any food

Good job, mate, you're making it.

Honestly, I've found that the childhood habit of cleaning my plate was not conductive to losing weight and just got used to throwing food out.
Although I only buy the cheapest of cheap shit so what do I know.

I'm already starting to think of excuses for that Friday night takeaway that tempts me after work

I didn’t mean that. My mom was visiting and she eats a lot of bread. I didn’t want her to eat stale bread so I bought bread every morning.
Now I’m left with a lot of stale bread that I’m using for bread soup and similar dishes.

Don't buy more food than you can or should eat. Come to an understanding that eating beyond your needs to the detriment of your health isn't a worthwhile use of the food. Make a compost pile or look into alternative routes of waste food recycling if you're that desperate to not be wasteful.
Too many fatties use the "I can't waste food/I have to clean my plate because of how I was raised" excuse to overeat without even trying to change their mentality. Whatever reason your parents came up with to demand that you overeat doesn't matter.

Well that's a very different situation.
Good luck, bruv.

Take up charcoal drawing and use the bread as erasers.

Some friends came over cause it was the last time we’ll probably see them before they move out of state. One of them made some kind of vegetarian friendly burger patty. Tasty AF, but I’m worried in quinoa threw me out of ketosis.
Eh, still lost weight: 247.x and falling.

I've been bad at keeping lifting. I stopped 5x5 for 2 weeks, instead focussing more on calistenics and dumbbell exercises. Nonetheless I noticed improvement.

What exercises do you pair 5x5 with?

im cutting on 1700cal/day OMAD and i accidentally 4,300 calories yesterday

Attached: 49D2B0B1-7C04-46BD-9CCA-D7E2DCAD3BFD.jpg (226x223, 4K)

I don't believe that anyone could do 7 hours high intensity bike cardio.

How do you accidentally overshoot your calories by that much?

Sometimes bread is nice. I eat bread like every third day to protein dense meals. I have been eating bread two times a day before I started loosing weight.

marijuana

Attached: D6C20F3C-F21C-453B-8900-A2DD860DFFD7.jpg (512x411, 101K)

Put those big boy thighs to use, user.

Well that is not an accident but active derailing.

usually i can handle myself on weed, and my ability to restrain myself while high gives me infinite willpower when im sober
it just didnt pan out that way last night

Attached: 4E947A9E-7C6B-45A4-89FA-3E0CF4389474.jpg (480x360, 15K)

I bought some snacks to reward myself with a cheat day in two weeks. I also want to test myself and check my discipline by seeing if I can keep from eating them until the time I decided on. Eating right with no junk food around is easy, lets see if I can eat right with a bag of chips in the cabinet.

Also, does anyone on keto get crazy bad acid reflux? I’ve never had a problem with it before but I’ve also never done keto.

I''m still eating like shit, I'm just eating less. I have days when I eat nothing but three 600 kcal hamburgers wash it down with two litres of sugar-free soda. It can't be healthy for me.

i had pretty bad acid reflux until i started to lose weight. i'm hoping it was just my weight and that it won't come back as soon as i start eating normie sized portions again

Mine started on my second day of keto. It’s like I’m having a hard time digesting it, which is crazy considering I used to eat this much beef along with a bunch of other stuff. Maybe carbs kept me from getting the indigestion? Idk shit about keto.

what lifting routine do you guys do?

Smoke less, like a one-hitter instead of a whole bowl or a joint.

I had to quit weed last year because I have no will power to resist the munchies. I gained back all the weight I lost because of it. I do perfectly fine sober though and have lost over 15 pounds since quitting. I don't even like smoking it anymore, if they aren't edibles then I don't even feel the temptation.

Attached: 1550852366553.jpg (640x824, 79K)

two weeks since I started my 560 kcal a day diet with 18/6 intermittent fasting and lifting 3 days a week , first week I lost about 4.3 kgs(127 to 122.3 ) , I am weighing myself in three hours wish me luck fellas and godbless Sardines

I dont

frankoman's dumbbell split. easy beginner stuff with low weight for now.

stealth milestone, I've been weighing in pounds so didn't notice I'm into double digits for kilograms
yay.

Alternating between two workouts three days a week
A :
5x5 barbell squats
3x8 lat pulldowns
5x5 bench press
3x8 barbell bicep curl
B:
5x5 barbell squats
3x8 seated rows
5x5 standing press
4x20 hyperextensions

Europoors sure do have it easier.

>browse >>/ck/ looking for ideas of meals to make
>everyone is talking about their favorite unhealthy fast food
shit board.

Do the still have al/ck/oholics threads?

Every board is shit, where do you think you are?

no, the mods started deleting them. not sure if they moved anywhere

Starting Strength. I only do it because it's a simple way ensure that my major muscle groups aren't being neglected while I'm dieting. I have no intention of ever lifting more intensely or devotedly.

SL 5x5

they have them on cripplechan's /ck/

Yet another reason to be there more than here.

/ck/ is for unrepentant fatfucks. They pretend their hedonistic eating habits are something to be proud of.

Kek same here. What's your height if you don't mind me asking?

>taking fast food spam seriously
their coffee and tea threads are full of decent recs so the board isn't completely worthless

At least you are losing weight right?

Well it finally happened. I started to push myself harder on the treadmill and I threw up in the gym today.

Starting strength, the basic shit, haven't made it to power cleans yet and I'm scared about doing them.

Congratulations that's a lot of weight you puked right there.

500kcal, It’s a bit too low sir. Loosing too fast isn’t that good and durable.
Anyhow good luck and Godspeed you fat fuck

I’m confused on my TDEE. I used the links in the OP but it says my tdee is about 3,000 calories, pic related. Other calculators I’ve used tell me 2,300. I don’t start losing weight until I drop calories under 2000. I would love to be able to eat 2,500 and lose a pound a week what the fuck is this

Attached: EA0EF910-4B99-445B-8C11-EC4A99D319E7.png (750x1334, 1.03M)

Always calculate at sedentary.

3000 is how many you burn a day. You need to subtract from that to lose weight. Drop it by 20% to start

I understand. I am saying other calculators give me a 700 calorie difference based on the same inputs.
Yeah I know, it still gives me a 700 calorie difference dude

Edit: I’m getting 2685 on the one from this thread and scoobies calculator for sedentary. Must have fucked up the other calculators I did in the past.

Okay so I get 2,685 for sedentary maintenance. Should I eat 2000 calories while lifting 3x a week and doing liss 6-7 days?

>and i accidentally 4,300 calories yesterday
same man same. i asked my mom to ask our neighbor for this dank ass muffin cake she made some years ago and i told myself that i'd let myself have a free day whenever i got around to trying it again.

we're back to the

Attached: 1389028069817.jpg (484x648, 47K)

I just do this 3 times a week and seeing great progress, already hit the 1/2/3 for 1rm, but havent tried deadlifts yet because a friend fucked his back over with them and I dont want to risk it when I'm on such a roll.

5x5 Bench
5x5 OHP
5x5 Squats
5x8 Curls
5x8 Seater cable row
5x25 crunches
5x8 Tricep pulldowns

>Should I eat 2000 calories while lifting 3x a week and doing liss 6-7 days?

You can probably eat less, I always assume calculators overcalculate shit. I'm given a TDEE of 2700 and I eat at around 1300-1700 depending on wether I go to the gym that day or not.

That’s what I figured. Shit I’m so fucking hungry

Eat more vegetables, drink more water.
The days I dont eat half an iceberg lettuce along with each meal I get hungry as fuck.

Or he could gain some fucking discipline

Fuck that, just eat lettuce all the time

Fuck, only lost 4lbs this week. Damn socializing over food.

Fuck I've been here for two years I think. Lost 50 pounds and been hovering for at least a year since. I hope keto will finally get me to stop cucking my progress.

I ate too much for lunch and my stomach hurts now

Fuck lettuce
It’s not so much the discipline as it is not knowing how to eat the amount I need without going omad. Which is fine it’s just some days I don’t do well without a small morning meal. Like today I had oatmeal and a yogurt before walking on an incline with an added 25lbs

I dont get this kind of advice, theres literally nothing wrong with eating more vegetables and drinking more water, and its even beneficial. Why would he do that, instead of being healthier and making the diet easier for absolutely no drawbacks.

Wow, you've wasted a massive amount of your time. Why do you think keto will work for you? What strategy were you failing at before?
I appreciate my /fat/bros, but I hope one of you hunts me down and kills me if I ever post that I've been here for years and haven't reached my goal.

Post address.

Some fatties think that just by not stuffing their faces anymore they are now masters of discipline because for once they feel like they are now in control. It works for some as motivation so its not too bad, just disregard the ones that take it too far.

I will if I fail. As for now, I'm ahead of my weight loss schedule by 9 lbs.

I’m confused about water weight. At what point into a fast can I consider decrease in weight to be mostly fat? I realize the first couple weeks is mostly water but beyond that?

6’1” 225lbs about 25% body fat

Keto will work for him because it reduces insulin.

You will have the same problem unless you do keto or fasting.

Fuck off, retard.

Spotted the retard ketofastfag that doesnt believe in CICO again.

Post your lunch.

>521 Cals
>55g Protein
>58g Carbs
>5g Fat

Will probably be heaviest carb meal today.

Attached: 20190322_133150.jpg (4032x2268, 2.57M)

why do ketards keep spouting this bullshit

When your weight loss slows down and you're losing 1 to 2 lb a week depending on your deficit.

Some carrots, an apple, and half a ham sandwich. I'd say around 300 cals or so.

can you understand how fuel efficiency doesn't mean shit if the tank is empty?

chicken and broccoli stir fry

Chicken and rice with onions sauce

A vanilla powercrunch. 200cal, 8g carbs, 14g protien, and 11g or so fat. I'll eat a proper meal for dinner.

350 g horsemeat
2 tomatoes
1 avocado
4 tbsp cider vinegar not exactly measured.

Ingredients for anyone interested
-1 pkg john soule fajita chicken (Sam's club)
-1 pkg kroger 3 pepper and onion blend
-1 pkg fajita seasoning
-1 pkg vigo mexican rice

Only use one serving of fajita seasoning when sauteing onion blend.

Makes 4 servings.

i'd look at saudi kabsa if you want another chicken and rice dish

Does anyone have advice for patience? The only time I had a successful cut in the past (which was one time) I got through it by not weighing myself, wearing shirts as often as possible, and avoiding checking my body out in the mirror. One day like 2 months later I decided to weigh myself and look in the mirror. I looked completely different. But I’m obsessive with this shit now and weigh myself multiple times a day, walk around shirtless so I’m always looking. This ultimately makes me discouraged enough to jump off the diet and binge like a fucking retardfaggot. Any tips? Started wearing shirts even while alone, I’m staying away from the scale but like the urge is there I guess

I'm finally not sore anymore and I can't do what I wanted at the gym cause I jammed my finger playing basketball

>Any tips?
take a pic of yourself now and then compare it to yourself a month from now. there are changes that you don't see if you look at yourself every day

Make it important in my mind that I'm only going to really think about weight when I do I weekly weigh ins and monthly progress picture. Any other time I let go.

Read this out loud to yourself five times.

anyone else trying to quit nicotine
Currently fighting myself on buying a pack. Lost my juul and would like nicotine

Hello /fat/ does anyone know where this is from? Is it My 600lb life or something else?

I really want to watch the rest of it for motivation.

Attached: 1553269881092.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

good lord

This is actually helpful as fuck. Thank y’all

jesus fucking christ user

Every board is shit. Some more than others. But at least most boards manage to stay on topic. /ck/, on the other hand, I don't think I've ever actually seen them discussing any sort of cooking, and the burgers they debate over can hardly be called food.

I wonder why they don't just tell him that he's going on a diet now. What's he going to do, get up and break both of his legs?