My blood work came back with creatinine at 1.44 mg/dl

my blood work came back with creatinine at 1.44 mg/dl

the reference value on the sheet is 0.67 - 1.18. so i'm too high, indicating kidney function insufficiency

i'm scared

Attached: Kidney2.jpg (646x438, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15273072/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4170516/
academic.oup.com/ndt/article/26/2/744/1895343
researchgate.net/publication/277974143_Acute_kidney_injury_associated_with_androgenic_steroids_and_nutritional_supplements_in_bodybuilders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You should be. I work as an EMT and do dialysis runs frequently for the poor saps who need their blood filtered, and boy I'll tell you, I'd wish for a bullet between the eyes before my kidneys gave out.

Attached: Banished_to_the_Manlet_Pit.gif (398x300, 2.4M)

What do to avoid this

Attached: images.jpg (210x240, 10K)

Shoo gains goblin
General rule of thumb is if it isnt visible when you're naked it's not a part of the body worth paying attention to, your lifts will suffer if you stop taking creatine.

OP here, what should I do? Quit bodybuilding and become a shaddow of myself?

i got off 4 months ago and i'm getting small af

it could be because your kidneys or if you have high muscle mass that could be the cause too

my creatinine is a bit high too but im a powerlifter so i dont worry about it

if you take creatin it is normal to have higher creatinine just drink enough water

i'm 182cm and currently down to 95kg kinda soft, but i was at 100kg real hard before i came off the gear

so i do have above average muscle mass

my blood pressure was actually on the low side the doctor said, however i do not remember the actual number

how can you not worry about it tho, when it could be kidney issues like you said yourself?

if it's caused by high muscle mass, doesnt that still impact the kidneys?

Drink more water.

Also stop being a faggot and learn that if you have blood work done on a few dozen markers one or two are possibly going to be a little out of the reference range and that generally doesn't mean you're dying.

If you went to a doctor and told him you're worried you have creatinine levels of 1.44 with no history or any other symptoms or markers, only his professionalism would stop him from laughing you out of the office as a hypochondriac

i dont worry about it because its the only thing not in the normal range

if it bothers you def go and get that checked out but most likely its just because the muscle mass, normal ranges were determined for the average person

>i dont worry about it because its the only thing not in the normal range

it's pretty fucking significant tho since kidney failure will lead to dyalisis and death and kidneys cant recover like the liver

Do you take creatine? If you take creatine your creatnine levels will be elevated. Many PWOs also contain creatine. Don't worry about it, bro.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15273072/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4170516/

>If you went to a doctor and told him you're worried you have creatinine levels of 1.44 with no history or any other symptoms or markers, only his professionalism would stop him from laughing you out of the office as a hypochondriac

it's my doctor that flagged this to me and the lab mentioned "kidney insufficiency" which is i suppose stage 1 to kidney failure

Drink lots of watwr.

i dont take creatine and consume little red meat for i always was told creatine fucks kidneys

i do use steroids tho but my blood pressure is good so can steroids cause that?

This is precisely why loads of doctors don't share the exact results of blood work with patients. People are fucking retarded when it comes to numbers

Attached: 1552514155362.jpg (563x651, 226K)

you're not suppose to take high amounts every day
you're suppose to start with a high amount and then take like a fourth of that to keep your levels elevated
look at how much meat you're eating and compare to how much you're taking
drink your daily of water

>I don't take creatine but I take steroids
wew lad

I've had high creatinine since I was 12. It's been okay.

I got diagnosed with IGA Nephropathy a couple of years ago user. I got hypertension and have to take three pills a day. It sucks at first, but I was 130kg so I lost 27kg (so far). Doc said I had too much muscle so made an effort to lose a little. Don't worry user, you'll be fine.

The increased muscle bulk associated with anabolic steroids can increase creatinine levels

The widespread use of reporting estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) alongside serum creatinine has led to a heightened appreciation of renal disease. However, creatinine is recognized as an insensitive marker of true GFR and therefore can lead to misdiagnosis of renal dysfunction in the absence of true pathology.

academic.oup.com/ndt/article/26/2/744/1895343

Creatine doesn't hurt your kidneys. This is a misconseption. Creatine raises creatnine revels and elevated creatnine levels are an indication of kidney disease. If you suplement with creatine you can have creatnine levels as high as 4mg/dl, but this doesnt mean anything in the presence of creatine.
The steroids may very well be it. Pin or orals?

how do steroids increase creatinine tho?

Creatine is mainly located within striated muscle where in its phosphorylated state regenerates ADP to ATP by donating one of its phosphate molecules. Creatinine is derived from creatine, and once produced, it is eliminated from the body via the kidneys in urine. Creatinine is freely filtered at the glomerulus but when used to estimate glomerular filtration, it can overestimate its true value due to a small amount of peritubular capillary secretion. Creatinine production within individuals is fairly constant and is dependent upon muscle bulk and ingestion of exogenous creatine in the form of meat protein (usually small effect). Dietary creatine intake is usually 1 g per day but can increase to 25–30 g with supplementation.

Given that production remains fairly consistent and elimination is solely via the kidneys, creatinine has been used as a surrogate marker for renal function as theoretically, it only changes in intake or elimination, i.e. renal disease can alter creatinine levels which are easily measurable.

Creatine supplements have been used by athletes for their ergogenic potential for decades. Although cases of creatine supplementation associated with renal dysfunction have been published [3], this remains controversial as several other studies have found that creatine supplementation does not affect kidney function in healthy individuals or indeed cause an elevation of serum creatinine [4,5].

It has previously been reported that dietary supplementation with creatine can lead to a significant rise in creatinine and apparent renal disease as measured by estimated GFR using the MDRD equation [1]. However, in that series, creatinine levels rose to a maximum of 166 μmol/L, and eGFR varied between 41 and 60 mL/min/1.73 m2 due to ingestion of creatine supplements in HIV-positive patients. It was thought that the underlying HIV predisposed to a malnourished, and therefore leading to a more pronounced effect of creatine supplementation on muscle metabolism and subsequent creatinine levels.

Boldenone (Equipoise) is a popular anabolic steroid that improves the growth and feed conversion of cattle resulting in more efficient meat production. It is also linked with equine doping incidents. It has become popular among body builders due to its effect of increasing appetite and erythropoietin production. The increased muscle bulk associated with anabolic steroids can increase creatinine levels, but the changes in our patient varied too acutely to be explained in this way. The rise in creatinine was not due to elimination failure as evidenced by his creatinine clearance being significantly higher than his estimated GFR had implied.

This case posed a diagnostic dilemma in the early stages as we were presented with a patient with an apparent rapidly progressive rising creatinine without a clear history of ingestion of exogenous substance. It was decided not to conduct a biopsy in view of the absence of proteinuria and negative nephritic screen but meant we had to deal with diagnostic uncertainty while urine tests were performed. This case highlights the importance of a high index of suspicion for other causes of raised creatinine rather than the assumption of elimination failure, i.e. renal disease. Diagnostic clues were the disproportionate elevation in creatinine without other markers of renal disease (raised urea, raised phosphate, normal urinary protein–creatinine ratio, low haemoglobin, etc.) and the marked fluctuations with falls seen during admission when abuse was not possible and a rapid rise post-discharge.

Our clinical biochemists were actively involved with this case. They verified the raised creatinine via two methods and suggested that the urine could be set away to be tested for other steroids at the National Reference Laboratory ultimately leading to a diagnosis. We also thank the Drug Control Centre, King's College Hospital, London for processing the urine for anabolic steroids.

researchgate.net/publication/277974143_Acute_kidney_injury_associated_with_androgenic_steroids_and_nutritional_supplements_in_bodybuilders