Why is everyone obsessed with abs? I honestly do not see the appeal

Why is everyone obsessed with abs? I honestly do not see the appeal.

Attached: 102013446_univ_cnt_2_xl.jpg (900x900, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=StZcUAPRRac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Women find them sexy, it's not for your str*ightoid mind to understand.

Because they are, in most cases, a sign of good health habits.

Low bodyfat looks sort of cool, if you go back 10 years fitness was not anywhere close to as popular as it is today so people who had abs were anomalies.
Today, i’d say 70-80% of young men have abs so the sex appeal has been diminished a bit but women still like a shredded guy

>Today, i’d say 70-80% of young men have abs
Not in America lol

Where do you live? Even in the US you shouldn't be a fat fuck while you're still young.

>Have horrendous acne on back
>Have abs
Fuck me

Here in northern europe i’d say 90-95% of men under the age of 25 are on a brosplit/ bodybuilder diet

They are just an indicator of a healthy body fat.

It isn't so broad as to just have abs. Because everyone has abs. They have to look good.

Like a car. Not just any car will do.

What's the deal with anything? It's all subjective. Just usually it means if you don't like it you can't have it. So you are probably fat.

Where the fuck do you live? nowhere in the world do 70-80% of young men have defined abs.

>70-80% of young men have abs
Not even 70-80% of Jow Forums has abs

Are u saying i have a shit care mate? ill fucking clean ur clock brav keep runnin ur gab u poofta gayboy

That's because 70-80% of Jow Forums is coping fat powerlifter permabulkers who look like shit and call everyone with abs a "twink"

Have you fallen back in time to the 90s?

they're fucking attractive, no matter how you look at it.
(sculpted abs, not anorexic "l-look I'm thin so there are abs h--hahah.." abs)

Attached: when you lift so hard you create ancient greek armour out of your clothes.webm (733x550, 1.06M)

its okay op
I love the way my stomach looks after my protein shake

its like a child is nesting in there

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 5.35.56 PM.png (66x48, 7K)

>t. haesposter

40% of adults are obese and 20% of youths. Where the fuck do you live?

Attached: e53.jpg (632x464, 29K)

Are you 12? These are all suppositions you're pulling out of nowhere backed up by your limited understanding of the practical world.

Really?

Attached: chartoftheday_6348_nearly_1_in_6_european_adults_is_considered_obese_n.jpg (960x1161, 419K)

>under the age of 25
Not even saying he's right, but your infographic should at least be relevant to the parameters he set.

>i’d say 70-80% of young men have abs

Over 50% of the population in every developed nation is overweight

People want to be lean as possible and abs are just one of the many physical characteristics that come with heavy cutting... that and women fetishize them for some reason.

>for some reason
It's why asking why men like skinny women with big tits. It's hotter. There's nothing confusing about this.

I don't personally find it hotter, that's the issue

Deal with it.jpg

keep coping fatty

>that's the issue
Nope, there is no issue whatsoever with you not liking something most people would like

Dude, I deal with it every day, and it sucks because it limits the number of people I find attractive

You sound like a self absorbed 16 year old

>you shouldn't be a fat fuck while you're still young.

"You shouldn't be" ~= "most people aren't"

Yeah you shouldn't be a fat fuck. That doesn't change the fact that most people are obese or overweight or just chubby and OP's statement is wrong.

Literally how, I just stated abs are not my preference and I don't get the hype. jfc

>source
>ass

Because you act like your life is hard and you're being persecuted because s
You don't find something attractive that's conventionally considered attractive

I just generally like abs and obliques

>i’d say 70-80% of young men have abs

Attached: phoenix.gif (500x382, 317K)

So none of those people would look at you anyway.

Imo it's not about how they look. It's about actually being strong, and abs are probably the most important muscle group in the body.

Attached: pepedurp.jpg (238x192, 14K)

I never said it was hard, I just said it sucks. I'd be nice to have more material to enjoy that's of my liking.

>It's about actually being strong, and abs are probably the most important muscle group in the body.
Haha fucking what

Even in the northern European gym i frequent this doesn't hold true for guys under 25, much less for the hordes of ugly nerds of that age i see strutting around.
Maybe you should stop frequenting gay bars.

A lot of Jow Forums is homosexual the rest are basically nazis both idealize manly physiques.

Stop bitching faggot

You're on an anonymous image board where people come to give their honest opinions. You're a fucking retard.

So? Deal with it, faggot. The world doesn’t revolve around you.

Attached: 1CF6CD32-1779-4D75-B4D4-CBC9503C99F4.png (500x375, 257K)

You can give your honest opinions all day long you retard, doesn't we aren't going to shit on you.

Fair enough.

>Northern Europe

Americunts in charge of reading comprehension

The vast majority of skinny guys that arent black dont have abs. You need the muscle mass there as well not just low bodyfat%

Don't be racist, I know skinny black guys without abs too.

Because they protect vital organs

>that arent black
Being black literally does not mean shit my guy

The appeal is that you get something nice to look at and touch while you're slobbering on the guy's cock. Also you can feel the abs rippling as he's about to dump torrents of cum in your mouth.

Attached: dia_sweat.jpg (644x422, 69K)

>Pic related literally look like fucking skin armour

Attached: Centurion-0.png (1303x1070, 1.26M)

Venezuela....

Absolutely mirin that femoral neck length and hip anteversion

Nigga what yes they do, if you're even mildly active (like jog every couple of weeks) you'll have abs if you're skinny

Because no matter how much coping and meming bloat fatties do to justify not having any definition sculpted abs will always look better than a gut unless you are an actual faggot.

Attached: 1547771700574.png (434x619, 700K)

Sad but true, 140 lb 12% body fat guy will always be more attractive than 180lb 18% body fat guy even at the same height

Dad bod is real men choice.

Attached: 37890313.jpg (200x360, 17K)

God you’re deranged

>American who spent weeks in Scandinavia and was frequently the only person who looked like they lifted around

i NEVER train abs outside of vacuums, and i avoid any compund lifts that would activate them

i want the upper body of the hulk and the abdomen of a 13 year old bulimic. craziest superhero v taper you'll ever see

Almost 100% of everybody has abs.

theres more to it than aesthetics; your abs help you maintain good posture and the bigger they are the better of a job they do at covering the gut cavity

It's not only about abs. Having low body fat percentage also makes your face look better and more defined.

>In 2009 people with abs were an anomaly
Ask me how I know you’re fucking 12

Imagine that coming to parent teacher evening?
lmao

Same reason most normies get into fitness and health to "not get muscular but just get lean".Its easy to ignore lacking strength or stamina, but a gut will be the most obvious to the self and others at all times. Its only natural the thought pattern would progress so that abs were sought after.

Because getting a nice set of abs and have them show is way harder than building most other muscles.

Tried showing the bit of link related where (:47) hes covered in sweat and coal dust and pounding the shit out of a minewall with a jackhammer to my wife and she didnt see the appeal of his body. Fucking faggot wife I swear to god

youtube.com/watch?v=StZcUAPRRac

I mean just look at those fucking guns at 1:11!

Goddamn

>Why is everyone obsessed with abs? I honestly do not see the appeal.
Western women like low bodyfat and athletic bodies. That's the reason. The whole bearmode thing is more of an Eastern Europe thing.

And then, there are of course the gays. Who invented postmodern bodybuilding in the 80s to cope with the wasted appearance of the AIDS infected.

>romania literally too poor to be as obese
based gypsies

It shows others that you have the capacity to delay gratification. Which is a strong indicator of long term success. Thus people associate someone with abs with that person being succesful or likely to be succesful. Thus making them good and desirable partners.

Pic is maybe the most eaten food in Romania after mamaliga, potatoes and soups
>you can't get fat if you eat only the fat

Attached: Slanina_-_ceapa_-_paine.jpg (600x600, 70K)

Tho now its spring and my pork reserves are gone

Attached: sunca-de-porc-4.jpg (800x600, 520K)

>Western women like low bodyfat and athletic bodies
citation needed

Wrong, small tits and thicc thighs

Button up shirt, leave the front unbuttoned.

What fucking impoverished country do you live in?

>this guy again

Attached: 9CD3E9C2-905E-4156-AC1C-B2FCBE340689.gif (232x218, 2.96M)

Only like 5-10% of men have visible abs. And most of those are 4 packs or 2 packs certainly not 6 packs.

t. seething twink

140 "male" is barely heavier than any non woman let female. So no.

8/10 got a lot of (You)s

Attached: one_race.jpg (600x330, 42K)

>in 2019 74% of the us population is overweight or obese
>abs were abnormalities 10 years ago
>in 2009 63% of the us population was overweight or obese
I have literally never before seen someone say something that fucking retarded on this board.

Attached: hitting levels of autism.jpg (514x536, 51K)

You spend too much time on fitness forums.

achtshully 100 % of men have abs

Attached: 15415415.png (326x436, 140K)

Because dieting down to visible abs is hard