Air Force Boot Camp

Alright Jow Forums, I'm going to be leaving for AF boot camp in a few months, how should I get prepped? I'm currently couch potato tier when it comes to fitness. Somehow not fat atleast. I hear AF training isn't as bad as the others, but still, any suggestions? Going to give it my all for once.

Attached: boot_camp_prep.jpg (621x414, 65K)

Just follow the orders and when you feel like you had enough slap yourself in the face and say to yourself that you’re not some fucking pussy

AHAHAHAHAHA BOOT CAMP FOR CHAIR FORCE LOOOL

Get in shape now, try for pararescue sometime in the future. It's the only way to save yourself.

Well, I'd start with some HIIT, 3 minutes of jogging and one minute of a full sprint. Do that to build up cardio.
Besides that just build up upper body strength.
Talk to your recruiter, they'll have more information, my local recruiting office has weekly training sessions during the weekend.

If you haven't been preparing already you're going to have a hard time.
P.S Don't be a smart ass. I've heard so many stories of no-matter the branch of getting their shit kicked in for not obeying orders. A former recruiter told me how during his Basic he got beat to a bloody pulp by his Drill Sergeant and kicked his teeth in.

It's the air force, literally just show up untrained and you'll be fine

Any ideas for supplements to help out and the likes? I feel like I'm overthinking Air force BT, but better safe than sorry, I guess.
And yeah, I have no issues with following people's orders, my biggest worry right now is the physical exam. I feel like I'll do good in everything else, I work decently in panicky situations.

I was told in basic training that if I wanted a blanky and godamn teddy bear I should have joined the air force. Should be fine OP.

I sincerely doubt being a PJ will be in your future. Another dude going into the military completely out of shape? Shame on you.

Just run, do some pushups and situps. Don't put that off. You'll be fine.

Practice chair sitting posture

I graduated AF basic training in November. The PT is 6 days a week, none on Sunday. alternates run days with strength days. Run days you do warm ups then a 30 minute self paced run. strength days are more complicated but it's still basic. Get really good at push ups and sit ups before you go and you'll be fine. Try to get your core to be in as good a shape as possible, it's worked a lot. And in the first week or so you'll be marching around for a total of about 50 miles to get to and from appointments so be sure to be fit enough to do that I guess. Really not something you need to worry about, tons of people go in untrained and still graduate fine. Depending on your AFSC, like if you're EOD or PJ you'll have PT that is way more hardcore, twice a day with tons more shit added to it.

oh and to add to this there's rules about how much they can punish you if you fuck up. the most they can do is use one of their "tools" which is just a 20-set of pushups or squat thrusts, and they can only do those once every 20 minutes and not within an hour of you having eaten. Basically do what you're told when you're told to do it and you'll skate through. cross your fingers you don't get some bullshit detail (dorm job essentially) like chow runner or something, that's what I got and it made Basic hell for me.

>slap yourself in the face and say to yourself that you’re not some fucking pussy
Well he is joining the air force lmao

Nobody joins the air force for any other reason than the benefits and the easiness of it with a facade of respect

>Founded in 1940s
No heritage
>shortest boot camp
No struggle
>I joined for the planes!
Navy has more
>I joined to serve!
Bullshit you’re a glorified pencil pusher
>I got a combat job!
No you didn’t you’ll still be sitting behind a desk, if you wanted a real combat job then you’d go for army or marines but you don’t because they’re hard

Fucking air force. Are you going to lackland? I stopped a marching group of boots there and asked them directions to the gym. Then I told them to stay where they were until further orders.
Left them standing in the sun for God knows how long

>serving your Jewish masters in combat
yea ill take the comfy desk job any day

Aaaaaand one final thing to add they can't touch you, they have to stay 1 foot away from your face at all times, and they're not supposed to cuss at you. My MTI did, but no one gave a fuck. So don't worry about getting your ass beat since they can't touch you, ever since the 2012 MTI scandal where MTI's were raping trainees they changed a shit ton of rules to protect the trainees. And they also have to give you 10 minutes to eat now, no less or else they get in mega trouble. It's bitch mode military the worst thing will be you'll be bored as fuck and no music

Air Force shouldn’t even count as the military. You live in a little town with a store and an Applebee’s and get to drive home after work every day. What a joke.

>wanting a combat job

Run fast, do shitty sit ups, do shitty push ups in a min and have the body of an anorexic marathon runner. Boom. The AF will love you.

BMT PT is easy. Wake up at 0545 and run for 23 min one day. Alternative day you will do shitty calisthenic exercises. Sundays you get off. Dirty bulk in the DEFAC. Lackland food isn't bad.

And yet Civilans view us all as "soldiers" regardless of your branch or job. Enjoy your shitty "combat" job while I go to college Army fag. Civilians will give us the same amount of respect no matter what you did.

Practice your office chair posture.

>t. never served

I've never been in the army and even I know about the "chair force."

Youll cowards never smoked crack tho

>comfy office job
>you get your own dorm and you dont have to pay shit for it
>get to finish your studies also for free
>military_benefits.jpg
>get paid in the meantime
>you get to travel all over the world sometimes
>a whole month of paid vacation
Sounds like a good thing to me all around.

Yeah but if you join the Air Force you don't have to lobotomize yourself and eat a 128-pack of Crayolas to prove you're cut out for it.

wow neat.

T.chairforce defense force

Plus every branch can go to college with the GI bill. Just admit you’re pussies that wanted some gibs like a fat single black mom. Air Force and fire fighters are cut from the same cloth lmao

Don’t do shit and get “respect”

Fire fighters don't do shit?
Nigga what
Don't you have a base model charger you should be waxing or something?

>he thinks the GI Bill is the only method of getting free school
>doesn't realize you can get your undergrad and masters done in one term of enlistment in the AF and still have the entire GI Bill left over before you get out
>confirmed crayon eater

Attached: 243523452435.jpg (600x536, 81K)

>tfw applied for the army
>didn't think they'd find out about my past an hero attempt 10 years ago
>they found out
>probably going to get permabanned

How is this fucking fair? I've seen air force twigs who are 3 times smaller than I am, and I've outworked every single ex-military coworker in my wage slave labor job. And I scored a 99 on the fucking ASVAB, while they allow petty offenders and half retards in.

How the fuck do they have the right to deny someone as physically and mentally capable as me over a mistake during an edge phase 10 years ago? Worst part is boomers call it "scary" when anybody mentions waivers for previous mental history

Attached: depression-illustration-series-dawid-planeta-3.jpg (750x1105, 497K)

because you were a retard and now you have to pay for it. The fact that you even posted some of that nonsense shows you're too unstable to handle the stress of eating crayons. Enjoy your hometown for life faggot.

How did they find out anyways? That's dumb of them

Go watch TV faggot, literally every ex air force I know is a TV binge watching pleb

I was a civilian contractor during The Iraq Surge™ and afaict they were taking literally anyone who wanted to enlist and shoot someone.
Half the guys I talked to were -active- addicts and the other half were drug waivers.
It was absolutely bananas. I don't get it.

>t. guy who will never serve

I want to think of a comeback but I'm actually screwed so congrats on your own enlistment

I can get a Bachelor's degree in the AF without touching my GI bill. Enjoy getting treating like shit with the same pay all so you can brag how "tough" you are to people who give no shits what you did.

I did 10 years too faggot. Keep your head up and find something else man. Sometimes what we want isn't necessarily what we actually need. And don't kill yourself please.

You probably shouldn't have lied. You could have come up with an explanation to downplay it that would have made everyone happy.

a motivated skinny twig is infinitely more useful than a sadcunt who doesn’t get his job done and holds everyone else back.

I was trying to be smart about it. You don't hear of self harm waivers given to recruits every day, and it's a thought that drives a lot of people crazy. I really wanted to join and coming clean about an actual suicide attempt drastically reduced those chances. The only choice was to attempt to omit it

And basically they found out because I had a childhood surgical scar for which they needed documentation. I had no idea they'd come across my behavioral papers, I don't know how that happened.

That's scientifically inaccurate and verges on 40+ year old woman inspirational quotes tier. The bigger you are the more powerful you literally are.

P = W/t
W = F*d
F = m*a

Get it faggot? The more mass you can push, the more force you generate. The longer and harder you can apply the force, the more work you put in. And the faster you work the more powerful you are, you can be motivated all you want lmao you'll still be doing 0 work

Quads wasted on a retarded post

How old are you now? I'm 28 and thinking about joining because my current job sucks dick.

The more mass you push the more force you can generate the more force you can generate the greater your cross sextional muscle area its science you stupid homo

Is this a troll or do you actually need the point of that post explained to you?

Na man just dabbing on a weak faggot

Currently in the army, I can easily say that the AF guys (aside from tacp, pjs, and security forces) are a mass of cucks.

I'm 26, you aren't getting any younger so you ought to look at the grand picture man. You don't want to be looking back and thinking "I could have been halfway through my 4 years now" at 30. If you have the smarts and are stuck in a shitty job for one reason or another it's worth the career path

Did OTS shortly after graduating PA school

AF OTS for us was essentially just courses and power points.

I’m not even making this up, we had individual rooms, housekeeping, and short segments of the “indoctrination.”

I've been wanting to join for a while, but I went to grad school and that killed 5 years of my life for a career I'm not really interested in. It's not all bad, though. Only recently have I learned about a regiment that I'd like to end up in.

>regiment
Are you American?

I went through ROTC and was an officer for a few years. AF PT tests are easy as fuck. Start doing the "Couch To 5k" program and you'll be able to breeze through.

Any militarybros in here that joined after college? Can you redpill me on your experience? I just graduated with a decent STEM degree albeit later than all of my high school friends who have been doing the 9-5 grind for the past year or two. They all complain to me how soul sucking work is (even the ones pulling 120k+/year). I guess my question is did the military provide you with a sense of purpose doing something exciting and different or did you just become a jaded fuck seeing your friends die for the great state of Israel?

I joined after college.

Essentially the worst thing about being a fresh officer (I commissioned at O-3 Captain) is you have little say in the scheme of things.
All of us work 60+ hour weeks, sometimes 24 hour days, and if you think you have the day off... well you’re one phone call away from being right back at work.
No overtime, no set schedules, your life belongs to Uncle Sam.

The best part about getting out is being able to schedule vacations, booking flight tickets early without the fear of cancellation, getting paid over time, and having more say in the work place.

How long were you in it, what branch, what did you do afterwards?

>no chance of dying for jewish overlords
haha, faggots

Here's what you do OP. You need to find a really comfy chair, and i mean not that low quality Army / Marine equipment. You want the good shit, this is important, it's probably the second most important item you will be required to have while serving in the Air Force. Next, figure out how to work the many types of thermostats in government facilities as this will be paramount for you to survive while in the "field" and "deployments". Air Force does not tolerate well to dealing with the sun's direct rays and often needs to stay indoors in the cool A/C. Good luck man!

In for 6 years
Air Force

In the Army Reserves currently.

I’m a provider at one of the local optometry clinics.

lul. telling someone you were in the air force will never have the same reaction as telling them you were in the marines. also, no band will ever make a song about the air force

Meant for

Drill instructors now are not allowed to lay a hand on you unless you actually sperg out and try to fight them, no matter what branch you're in.

Navy doesn't have more planes though you dum dum. Just look it up on wiki.

You've described every other non-combat job in the military, not just air force.

>army tries to talk shit
Reminder that the Army pays trannies to play competitive Overwatch all day.

Well good job making yourself look even more retarded I guess.

(Ch)Airman here

It is pretty much a joke. PT is the least of your worries unless you're a fat piece of shit, but now that I've been in for almost 3 years I can say I have seen some fat mother fuckers pass a couple PT tests. Pretty much 99% of the test is running, push-ups and sit-ups are very hard to fail since the admin usually counts half reps and even quarter reps in some cases. The waist measurement will be passed unless you're morbidly obese.

The best advice I can give you (it might've changed a little, I went through 2 and a half years ago)
>Find the best clothes folder and take his EC shifts in exchange for him to fold all your shit, I literally never had to fold anything through all of BMT and only lost a few hours of sleep
>Volunteer for laundry crew, you will not regret it all you do is sit around for hours at a time and BS around with the other laundry crews while otherwise you'd be marching or sitting in some rape prevention class
>Volunteer for KP duty, you will eat like a king
>Other than that, don't volunteer for shit especially latrine crew for obvious reasons

>sending someone with a history of mental instability into combat
You'd be a risk to yourself and others