/fat/ - "Work Smarter, But Also Harder" Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For circumference hoarders who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micro-nutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>walk, swim, or bike, just get moving.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Attached: CICO is not for brainlets.gif (1162x890, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2728487
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/189529
heart.org/en/news/2018/08/15/are-eggs-good-for-you-or-not
healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-health-benefits-of-eggs
healthline.com/nutrition/6-reasons-why-eggs-are-the-healthiest-food-on-the-planet#section1
suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539
suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=egg yolk
suppversity.blogspot.com/2015/07/egg-ology-today-underappreciated-health.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/11/underestimated-vitamin-d-sources.html
youtube.com/watch?v=GvJY43N6aIU
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Confess, to learn from your mistakes and be reincarnated as something skinnier.

Attached: confess the smart way.png (1024x1280, 88K)

i don't want to go to the gym alone so the only exercise i've been doing for the past few months is daily 30 minutes of moderate cardio on a stationary bike at home

Do some pushups and such at least, man.

Any fatties who used to be fit/normal?
What kind of thing pushed you to start exercising?

I saw an 5 yrs old pic of me and holy shit i couldnt recognize myself, especially my face much thinner. I am halfway to go to that same weight and noticing face going thin again

I have not fasted after binging because its stupid and would just make me binge again. I am eating chicken breast and popcorn and fruits fuck you fat ugly fucks

Is losing 7lb in 2 weeks good?

Attached: 1552260212001.png (526x540, 208K)

Yes. If you keep that up youre good

Thanks, user.

Attached: 1551864993124.jpg (1920x1080, 141K)

4 calories over my daily ration of 1,000. Had a shot and ate a 100 cal candy bar instead of not-eating.

81 days of clean eating, nothing on my conscience
half way to beating the rock

I'M SO FUCKING HUNGRY

Despite being in a no sugar diet i ate an ashure today bc of my religion, but i guess thats not a sin

Good. That means the glycogen in your system is all burned up and your using that fat.

Attached: 1544152768133.png (1148x1137, 132K)

Built up the confidence, and tried to do a pullup.
Couldn't do it. That was humiliating.

Ended up eating at maintenance today. Was extremely tempted to go over and binge.

I ate a failur pile and a sadness bowl from Winco. it was fucking delicious but put me over on my calories.

you merely adopted the hunger

Attached: YGAUTlF.jpg (1642x2048, 127K)

I ate two hamburgers on my lunch! I'd felt so shit for that,I went to the gym for 2 hours thou

Attached: 1552950330369.jpg (645x773, 149K)

Nothin to confess here monk. I have been a good boy the last week.

thats insanely good, keep going, just keep in mind that at some point you will start to lose less and less until you reach something about 2 or 1 lb week.

>Be me 120kg (260 pounds)
>develop unhealthy drug addiction
>Drop huge amount of weight in like 4 months
>Now 85kg (187 pounds)
>Everyone is congratulating me and telling me how hard it is to do something like that
I don't even remember most of it, now I've gotta build muscle and commit to this shit. what the fuck.

Is it strange that exercise takes away my hunger?

Attached: 1552949866209.jpg (4199x4189, 2.05M)

back in 2012 I was kinda chubby and doing a chemical every day that's now illegal
it wasn't a stimulant but it felt like it, I was chugging water nonstop and had to force myself to eat something every few days
A packet of cooked chicken was usually all I could stomach

one guy at work who was off sick for a couple of months had a look of absolute shock when he saw me, I'll never forget that

Well, sticky is there, time to read it and get started.

And preferably go cold turkey on the drugs. Cocaine is for special occasions.

This is pretty much exactly what it was like.
Thanks man, I'm already pretty clean maybe occasionally a toke on the devils lettuce here and there but that's about it.

i've never considered myself to have an eating disorder, despite the mountain of evidence that supports that theory
but reading that back kinda gives me pause

I don't want to have this label that excuses me from putting in the effort to change, I'd rather pretend its not there and just keep trying like a normal person

Why is this? I used to lose tons of weights and now I only lose 0.2lb a day. What happened? Am I making it?

Your caloric maintenance drops as your weight drops (no surprise there).
And the initial gigantic surge is mostly waterweight.

So yeah. You're making it. Good work, buddy.

it's normal. when you first begin a diet you lose a lot of water weight in addition to fat. this gradually decreases over time. make sure you've recalculated your tdee as well, you need to consistently drop your calorie limit to match your new tdee.

Rule of the thumb
In 25 minutes of walking you burn 1 calorie/lbs in your body. The less weight you have the less calories you burn. Thats why you must also do some push ups or other muscle training, so that you can gain weight but not with fat but rather muscle mass
>but wouldnt that burn my muscle gain
Not if you do it everyday and have a healthy 1000-1500 cal/day diet, or even less if u want

Normal

>tfw instead of graduating from /fat/, you dropped out

I can’t stop eating junk.

Attached: 05965444-A874-4548-BEE0-7B9ABB8EE266.jpg (983x752, 100K)

user, after coming out of /fat/. you must start gaining muscles.

It gets easier with practice, brother. Keep trying.

i dropped out a bunch of times before having any success, keep trying

I used to be in high school, if there was a sport offered I played it. But I went to uni and whacked on almost 70 lbs from not doing anything, mixed with buffet style meal hall, chocolate milk and burgers have ruined me.

That was about 7 years ago, I know I've needed to change, but it wasn't until about last fall where one of the girls on the uni basketball team was interested in me and after a few months of seeing her, she slowly faded out of my life when I didn't want that. I know the cardinal rule if to not lift for women, but I'll show her, I want to have the looks to pull in someone I could only have dreamed of when I started. Luckily I'm not super autistic socially and am intelligent, just need a body to match it. I'm tired of feeling like I'm wasting my youth and want to start living

why?
we're not aiming to be the pinnacle of human aesthetics, we just don't wanna be fat

Used to be really fat. In 2016 I went from ~225 to where I am now at 160 5'11/180cm
Problem is now I'm skinnyfat since all I did was restrict calories. Are you telling me I still need to hit the gym to look normal? Is it because I used to be so fat or something

Have you had your body fat percentage measured?

I've been in this spot
I've never had any degree of mass besides my thighs because I walk everywhere and usually on hilly terrain, so when I was losing weight my belly simply would not disappear
I lost so much weight that my bmi was 17 and limiting calories had got ludicrously difficult, and I STILL had a belly.

reckon I could have gone further just to see how much it would take to remove that last bit of blub, but I was pretty stressed at the time and didn't want to continue

I honestly really do forget what lifting, even if it's freefor, and low weight, feels like. Shit makes you feel powerful, like you can take on the whole world and still win. I've only been lifting for like, a week, but I swear my muscles have gotten bigger. Probably all in my head though.

Besides I'm too fat for any of it to really show through. Really have to focus on losing weight, especially because I see others doing it.

Also why do girls love muscles Jow Forums?

Attached: image.jpg (560x600, 96K)

Post bf

You deserve a sweetie to reward yourself!

Attached: 1550527814223.png (700x566, 117K)

No

1500mg of each l glutamine and l tyrosine and 500mg of 5htp.

>we're not aiming to be the pinnacle of human aesthetics
Says you.

I know perfectly well that if I don't get onto a fitness regimen after losing this weight, I'm just going to get fat again. I just like food and booze too much to regulate myself "intuitively".

>Also why do girls love muscles Jow Forums?
Because despite everything you've heard, girls do in fact like masculinity.

>Shit makes you feel powerful, like you can take on the whole world and still win
Cringe.

Attached: 1527646206886.png (430x441, 104K)

I have been doing OMAD for almost 2 months now with mostly clean food, dropped 11kg or 24lbs and im considering eating 2 boiled eggs for breakfast everyday is this a good idea?

well that's your beef
I just want to look normal in normal clothes

I just want to be beautiful to tell ugly to those who told me ugly

I'll take my revenge

Attached: 1550525196527.jpg (734x778, 127K)

You can look like a late bloomer hitler youth, user, I believe in you.

how are lose wiegt

Don't let Jow Forums meme you into destroying your cholesterol levels. Eggs are bad for you.

keekoo

> enter to myfitnesspal.com
>put all your calories in there
>eat 1500-2000 calories
>make exercise everyday (just aerobic)

burn minimum 700 calories per day
5 days a week
3500 calories per week

if you feel weak in your legs/back, you can always try to gain some muscle so that aerobics won't be so difficult for you

Attached: 1552362799105.png (1043x1397, 669K)

>Be me, 102kg fat fuck
>set target weight at 85
>work out like a motherfucker. OMAD, PPLPPLCardio, caloric deficit
>hit 85 today
>look in the mirror
>still fat
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I ate a bunch of chips last night, but I was still close to my daily limit

Educate yourself, dingus. I bet you think dietary fats are stored directly as body fat too.

Yeah, happened to me not too long ago.

Calculate bodyfat %, figure out new target weight with that. Remember that at the lowest, 20% of what you lose in pure scale weight is lean mass (not fat) so you'll have to overshoot once you've figured it out.

jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2728487

This is why you should not take health advice from Jow Forums.

You have to watch your diet too user, if you eat over 3000 calories per day, you will lose weight very slowly

>caloric deficit
Mate, I lost 17 kilos in 3 month. I guess I set the target weight wrong.

Finally broken the 70kg barrier! 69.9kg!

I started at 76kg just before Xmas, dropped to 72kg by about February and now have made it to 70kg. I can't tell how much of the plateuing/slowing of weight loss is because of less fat loss or extra muscle growth as I'm doing a lot more cycling (218miles this month!)

Maybe I gave myself a bit of body dysmorphia. I should've been taking progress pictures. But I definitely want a six-pack by July, I'm going to the beach on vacation.

What's your height?

why cherry pick the studies? the truth is that it is not known whether eggs contribute to heart disease.

You should set target weight at or 2 kg below the your height - 1m. So if you are lets say 184 cm your ideal weight would be around 82 kg

>1999
Let's find some studies from the 19th century to support lobotomy's health benefits next

then try to weigh 80 kg

You should lose 6-7 kg more then

78 kilos then. Sounds about right, I think I've got about 6-7 kilos of fat left, mostly around the belly button and some on my ass.

Only 75 pounds to go

>196 days until I turn 30

Attached: tumblr_inline_nt0vb5equP1spsojg_1280.jpg (600x568, 39K)

Do you have kids? I started hanging out with people my age and they're all terrified of approaching 30 and not having kids.
I already got 2 dates out of their desperation. Good ones too.

Aww man, you're gonna die soon :(

>a week before i turn 20
Thank god i decided to start getting in shape this early

I lost weight in my teens, it just didn't take
and every 3 years since then

Stick with it. You have a bright future ahead of you.

I turned 21 three weeks ago. I hate it when they say 98 are zoomers >:(

When I was 18 I was conscripted. 1 year wasted, but it built a foundation that helped me remain fit for the next decade. Even when I gained weight, it was easy to shed because of that foundation. That's what you're building now. It's literally investment into your future that will be paying off even when you're 60-70.

Less than 1lb away from 40lbs lost. Just 20-30 more to go before I reach my goal and I'm thin for the first time since I was a child.
We're gonna make it.

Lost 21 pounds in a month of strict 1200 cal per day and exercise every other day. I have just snuck into the healthy BMI window. Should I have another week of 1200 cal to seal the deal or start eating a bit more now that I'm out of the danger zone? I'm worried that continuing to lose over 4 pounds per week is bad for my health at 5'11 175 pounds.

What does your body look like?
What do you think it looks like?
Do you feel like 1200 is enough for you without feeling ill?

>Are you telling me I still need to hit the gym to look normal?

Yes, you need the muscle mass to both increase your TDEE to make cutting the last bit of fat easier, and to help fill out your body so you don't end up Auschwitz mode

There are no shortcuts here (aside from /fraud/), either lift or accept you'll be stuck in skinnyfat hell forever

Once I escape skinnyfat that way can I stop lifting or will it revert back. For example when I was losing the weight I was doing around 1200 - 1500cal a day and now I maintain my 160 at 2000 - 2200.

Muscle mass will atrophy if you don't use them for more than 2 weeks

So you don't have to work out every day to maintain but I'd recommend at least making sure you hit all the muscle groups once every other week

>heart.org/en/news/2018/08/15/are-eggs-good-for-you-or-not
it's not a problem if you don't already have cardiovascular problems. just don't eat tons of sugar or get half of your calories from carbs and you'll be fine

2 egg user here,

im not falling for some meme i just like eggs and they take like 2 seconds to eat + theyre not high in calories. But i should be ok right?

>if you don't already have cardiovascular problems
this is /fat/

>eggs good
>carbs bad
Seriously considering filtering "carbs" just to get rid of the ketotards

>healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-health-benefits-of-eggs
>healthline.com/nutrition/6-reasons-why-eggs-are-the-healthiest-food-on-the-planet#section1
>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
>jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/189529
>bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539
>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=egg yolk
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2015/07/egg-ology-today-underappreciated-health.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/11/underestimated-vitamin-d-sources.html

Attached: 1553345548631.png (936x183, 35K)

>most of the links are literally mommyblogposts
>the one study there is two decades old
Why is this thread so full of bad advice?

people here are more likely to be pre-diabetic than have cholesterol problems

unless your doctor has told you to watch your cholesterol then you'll be fine. go get a blood test in 3 months if you're worried about it

i'm not a ketofag and i never said carbs were bad you fucking nigger. you're just better off getting your calories from shit other than rice and pasta

>not getting this feeling
DYEL Spotted.

someone is motivated by this video
youtube.com/watch?v=GvJY43N6aIU

Attached: +300 lbs.jpg (542x696, 68K)

I found a nice small local gym that’s hardly ever busy! The staff seem really friendly too and said they would help me learn how to work out properly, even give me a routine if I want (I already made my own in excel). Diet started properly yesterday, I’m calorie counting and doing slimming world meals so hopefully I’m honna kick my body into shape over the next 6 months! Currently 14.8st at 5’10

The optimal diet has 45-55% of your calories come from carbs.

Unironically based.