Barbell weight

how heavy is this shit? why isn't the weight written on the end of the bar? should i just assume the bars at my gym are 45lb? am i a fucking dingus mouth?

Attached: Types-of-barbells-1.jpg (628x223, 54K)

>he counts the bar

>counting the bar

LMAO

>he counts the plates lifted and not weight in total

>counting the plates
lol

that's cheating you idiot

If its an olympic bar it should always be 45lb

ask the gym staff faggot

in in southeast asia and the staff have never worked out in their lives. as a bonus tho there's fuckin' nobody at these gyms

The one I have is 38 pounds

Attached: asdfasdffdsfasf.jpg (90x90, 3K)

Not all people have good social skills. Check your privilege.

even autists on Jow Forums can order a pizza, cmon

>Counting anything instead of lifting the whole earth by doing handstand pushups
Never gonna make it

Attached: 1534258378147.jpg (489x578, 59K)

The gym i go to almost always have no people around when i work out. So i just take the bar to the weighing scale. This also applies with weights that are too worn out to read the labels. The staff doesn't seem to mind, they always on their phones anyways lol

the gym doesn't have a scale. the staff definitely don't know the equipment either. i did think of that though

never gonna make it.

Oly bars are going to be close to 45lb, bit of variance unless your gym gought proper cheap shit. Maybe just compare the bars weight to 1 plate?

True. The place i live in have rich people mostly. My dad registered me to a premium gym and it's rare to see it crowded. The majority of the people who go there are old people so there's not much competition in the heavy lifting area.
Till i switched to a more affordable gym which is more ghetto. But the pros there is that the gym never reach past 5 people working out; and that's at their peak hours. So whenever i workout i'm almost always soloing the gym lol

Fuck, you expect a bit of slop in bar and weight manufacturing tolerances, but thats a lot.

Have you tried using electronic luggage scales?

Is there anything different I should be doing? I didn't ever think much of it.

sounds great. usually i live in a big city and every gym is crowded beyond capacity, with people waiting to use a bench. its trash. the idea of an empty gym where you are free to just superset everything is fucking amazing

>he counts the bar
why not you mongoloid
mostly everyone doing prs and world records all count the bar too
why make the weight you lift lighter

Not much you can do i guess short of buying a new bar from a good company, rogue etc. At least you know so can take acount of it. Wondering now how many of my gyms plates are way off on their marked weights...

Most big brands weigh their bars and slap on a sticker saying how much the bar weighs
Then you got no-name bars that can weigh anywhere from 10-30kg

What's with the stigma Jow Forums has against counting the bar? Weight is weight, and just because its in the form of a bar as opposed to plates it doesn't make it any less so

Jow Forums is full of angry 14 year olds angry at the world for not getting laid.

Ikr, if i curl a bar, do i count it as 0kg for reps?

>i can bench 2pl8. oh yeah, and the bar too

You weighed your ezcurl bar then?

Why would you ever curl a bar?
GTFO the squat rack

If your doing dips with 1pl8 do you add your bodywight to that coz you lifted it too? Tell people you did 200lb weighted dips?

No, but you don't count your bodyweight in squats either retard.

Yea

I was the only person in the gym, get off my ass

No, you don't count the bar. What matters is weight on ends of it. Period. End of discussion.

i curl the bar all the time when its not in high demand. i like the burn i get from it versus the ez bar, and its convenient as balls

Jow Forums is the most autistic board by far

>0kg curl
lmao dyel?

Just take the scale you have at your gym and weight yourself with the bar. It looks autistic as shit but I always do it when I switch gyms for some reason.