Loser Friends

Hello Jow Forums

How do you guys cope with loser friends? I mean the kind of people that have been with you since elementary school, the ones that you play videogames with, the ones that know you better than anybody, but somehow still manage to linger more than its necessary.

For me, my life has been progressing a lot this past few years, in terms of body fitness I'm progressing a lot, I'm also trying to start up a business no matter if I do bad or good and well plenty of stuff has been going through my mind.

The question is, how do you deal with this stuff? how can i find better friends? people with ambition? moneywise, healthwise, etc.

Any suggestions?

Attached: wlx8scl29z121.jpg (640x640, 76K)

It's your friends that need to find better friends. Good friends will be able to raise their friends up.

Also not fit related so fuck off

if you look at these cringe instagram "moviation" pics you lack self awareness

You're a genuine retard if your lazy friends are somehow holding you back.
Be friends with them and if they act like downers just do what you Want anyway.
There's only 3 types of retards who are too mentally weak to understand that
Indians
Americans
Filipinos

that was a quick google search
you are a loser

>Asking Jow Forums for life advice unironically

There's only one loser in this thread so far

Attached: 1544230492648.png (709x709, 571K)

bye then

Sounds like the autistic-sociopathic late capitalist slave mindset to a T.

>tfw im that loser friend

Honestly OP I haven't figured out what to do about my loser friends. I hang out with them when I can dedicate a few hours (fuck me) to playing video games. They still get pissy and awkward when I talk about going on tinder dates, feel like a lone wolf 90% of the time. When I have time to feel like a good-for-nothing stoner then I hang out with them. But that's all they do.

Exactly. No ambition, no desire to grow or progress.

That's un-healthy. Men need challenges, not comfort.

Friends do inspire oneself and if your friends happen to do nothing for themselves, chances are you/I will have that same mental attitude. That is not good.

I do not like that at all.

Ditch them or shame them until they either improve or ditch you.

Crab mentality must not be tolerated.

I cant force anyone to do anything and if my presence makes people question themselves or hate me why would I continue to be there.

If it works it works

Do you have a lot of money yet?

These single handedly killed the thread. Fuck OP, I bet you’re some high school faggot who looks through shit like pic related and constantly talks about how you’re “Awn dat ghrind broh.” Fucking kys.

Pretty much this. One of my good friends hasn't had a job before and all he does is smoke weed and eat, he's 23. While I have a stable career and live on my own, I try to use what I have accomplished to motivate him. This is because you can have as many friends as you want but they'll never be your best friends forever like a few of my friends have been to me. It's a cycle of encouragement and making them be self conscious of their descions and what happens around and how they can make good choices.

ive been trying to move away from my loser friends and they went to the beach without me last week. felt pretty bad about it but then i figured they just went to party and do stupid shit so im better off without them. im also graduating soon so i'll probably just naturally migrate away from them. as for making new friends, i have found no luck

>how can i find better friends?
Try adult social circles. Places where people hang out because of their common hobbies. And a bar is not one of them. Pub quiz- maybe. Poetry readings, camping retreats, sporting events, work conferences.
I'm slowly reducing my contact with the people I've known for 10+ years because I'm tired of them. It's down to once a month tops now.

I'm trying to get my loser friends into Warhammer. It's a hobby that can be easily slipped into the "smoke weed and hang out" format of social interaction, but--unlike veging out on the couch to Netflix--it entails the development of a skill (fine detail painting) and you wind up with a physical representation of your effort.

>I'm trying to get my loser friends into Warhammer

Yep, I’m outta here. See you losers later

fpbp

Theres more to life than your early 20s

Those loser friends can be late bloomers. Those chad friends might get cut off from their trust funds. People are gonna have kids and shit. Maybe some guy will finally get a gf after 30 years. Yeah you wont see them for a while, it happens.

You live and learn but stop overthinking this stuff. Just give all your friends some good attention whenever you can.

There is one simple rule
>only be friends with people that want the best for you
Think about it

bye. don't come back

To be fair, there is no reason to keep friends around only because you've known eachother for a long time.

Then again, there is also no reason to leave friends behind because you feel like they are losers compared to yourself, thats just fucking stupid.

lmao

This. Have fun while you are young. There is more to life than working

>how to cope with loser friends?
Move away and decline all invites to hang out.

Alternatively just the second one.

>Good friends will be able to raise their friends up.

This just isn't true. Some people resist betterment at all costs. I had some loser friends like OP described, and I tried for years to help them eat right and lead more active lifestyles. They grew to hate me for it, so I just fell out of touch with them.

>Leave your loser friends behind
That includes leaving Jow Forums

They were not good friends then

Just don't let your friends influence you? Its not that hard. I hang out with my stoner friends once every couple weeks and usually smoke some DUDE WEED and play games with them, but I only do that for a few hours every now and then. Its a nice refreshing experience and it doesn't hinder the rest of my life since I only do it when I hang out with them. If you have the right discipline you can still be Jow Forums while maintaining friendships with people who aren't Jow Forums. But judging by how willing you are to call your lifelong friends "losers" maybe you're just a shit friend and those guys are better off without you.

Attached: guy.jpg (1000x1000, 65K)

Ask your winner friends for life advice.

Friends are people who will go out of their way to help you without expecting anything in return. People that you can truly trust and count on. I didn't have friends going through highschool I had buddies that would like to my face and talk shit. Toxic people will bring you down. "a man who walks with wise men may become wise himself, a man that walks with heathens will surely perish." It was a hard pill to swallow that these people I had known and associated for years were only hurting me. My life has been better since I cut contact. Also don't be an asshole about it and insult them. Just be polite and go the narrow way.

Attached: 1551799758943.jpg (1000x1000, 288K)

So loser friends yeah?

My loser friend is like a brother to me. He may be similar to yours too OP, he lived up the street when I was a kid, known eachother since we were not even 3 years old. Growing up, I was always inclined to be more active, study harder in school, and take bigger risks than him. Honestly, I haven’t seen him with a true drive and passion to do something up until 2 weeks ago, when he showed me he was writing and illustrating a watchmen-like graphic novel. If there’s one piece of advice I can give you OP: don’t cut that person out of your life nor try to push him away because they’re “holding you back”. Chase your own dreams, make new friends, but don’t cut that person off unless they fuck your wife or something of that extreme nature. They’ll understand that you have personal ambitions you’re trying to achieve, regardless of the path of life they choose

You're a cringy jackass for even posting that picture, your business will go nowhere and you'll live your entire life thinking you're way better than you are.

This guy must be so cool.

Attached: 1534096874710.jpg (600x918, 109K)

Accurate.

>But judging by how willing you are to call your lifelong friends "losers" maybe you're just a shit friend and those guys are better off without you.
A good friend is not someone who pleases his buddies everytime - when your friends are in a selfdeprecating circle will you let them be like that or just keep having "fun" with them?

you are a loser

I know people who live for these pictures as their way of life. Their 'going nowhere' elitism is maxed out.

Attached: 1504227157956.jpg (338x305, 78K)

my best friend is almost just like yours dude, he lived with me for like 2 years because he had no job and luckily when he stayed with me found something to pays his bills and step by step finally saved enough money to move out - we smoked a shit ton of weed but the harsh truth was that most of the bad things that happened in his life were entirely his fault.

Bad nutrition, bad health, bad everything, most of it his fault.

You'll grow up to realise that there isn't one way to life, and if there was yours probably isn't even the one

Attached: 1553367658568.jpg (1435x1080, 176K)

I think about this a lot OP

>2017
>be me, late 20s, solid job, sidebiz, travelled the world for 7yrs
>decide to switch careers and chase my dreams
>back to homecountry for 1yr of gradschool
>4 best friends from uni/hs are still around
>each one is a NEET in his own way
>dedicate my year to raising them up, helping them through shit, being there for them
>one pulls his shit together just barely, goes to teach english overseas (big improvement from nothing)
>one gets clean from meth, gets apprenticeship, reconnects with his family, and I got to contribute to his recovery
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>one gets degenerate gf+cuckson; life continues downward spiral but he is honestly trying to improve
>last one
>worst one
>did nothing with his life since hs
>more than a decade of pure NEETdom
>bffs since early childhood (like 3yrs old)...I can't leave him behind
>do everything I can think of to help him build positive selfimage
>even help him build a business idea
>set up website and domain etc for him
>offer him % of my crypto investments during run-up to 2017 bull market
>he's too lazy to send me his fking wallet address
>we're talking like 10 ETH
>ff to now
>website expired
>no changes
>deep down, not surprised
>feel angry cause we always said we'd kill it together as kids.
>what do
>probably gotta leave him behind :(

Do people really walk around dressed like this thinking they're hot shit or something? What faggots.

You come off as such a douchebag. You make a little progress in life and start shitting on your lifelong friends. What have you actually accomplished? Every delusional fag is "trying to start a business". Post body because I guarantee you look like shit as well.

Don't ditch them dramatically or whatever, but if they really are losers and you are not one, you will naturally drift away from them slowly over time. Just the way it goes.

Almost every person I have met who constantly talks about "being productive" and being "on that grind" really doesn't do jack shit. They watch too many youtube videos about self-improvement and start preaching about it constantly before they have even accomplished anything in life.

Easiest way to get rid of loser friends is to kill yourself, Opie

Attached: 1549652332019.jpg (1200x1181, 99K)

What defines a loser friend? If you do mean a friend with "no drive", then stop whining about them and reexamine your own life. If they are truly toxic people that tear you down and treat you like shit then sure, but if you really cut out people because they don't match your "drive" then you sound like a shitty unenlightened faggot.

Lol you're not growing either so humble yourself. If you tried to make even more out of yourself you would see how his negative energy is holding you back.

Fuck your stable career. Try to improve everyday and aim for even more

There is nothing more rewarding that being on your grind. Waking up in the morning and wanting to get out of bed asap eat your breakfast and getting shit done. You'd have to get into the mindset to experience it. Life's great when u have a purpose

100% pay attention to those friends that change on you when you start getting success

You're the kind of freind people need but don't deserve. Good shit bro. Limit your exposure to that last friend and when he sorts his shit out on his own then reconnect.

I always ask myself would this person do the same for me if the shoe was on the other foot. I've had times where I was at my lowest and there was nobody there for me. Fuck friendships and all that fake shit

Bet you have a great life

Look at them in a few years. They have started the journey. It doesn't go from 0-100 it's a process. And you realise when you get on the journey who your friends are and aren't.

True
Every piece of self development i apply to my life i share with my close friends so they can benefit too, and they do the same for me

Of course there's also "loser" friends who only do negative things to themselves, well, we help as we can while avoiding letting their shitty lifestyle affect us

Well I just had a run in with loser friends so to speak. Never had close friends, no one I really consistently hung out with. I linked up with the one person I hung out with in first grade and we’d become friends again, live less than 5 minutes away so I would hang with him and some of his friends pretty often. But he kept trying to drag me down. He dropped out of college and has to rely on his mother to get him jobs or just low income waging. Just smokes pot and plays vidya. Anytime I mentioned my plans he would find a problem with it and try his best to talk me out of them. I realized what it was, it would have crushed him to see me do better than him. He’s a legal midget too and I’m over 6 feet. It’s sad and I was a genuine friend to him, even went out of my way to help him with a lot of shit. But you ask him a favor? He calls you a person user. Disgusting greedy jew dwarf who will go no where in life. This was the one friend I’ve ever had, and now I don’t fcuking want any. So long as I’m making money and I’m good health I’ll do just fucking fine. That’s a bit of a cope though, I wish I had a group of friends or a social circle even.

Yeah you're right. End of the day I just hope he finds purpose in his days instead of just watching them go by.

yikes another off topic shit by a larper

OP Here

The thread got a lot of replies. A lot of us are in the same situation. I really love my friends, but I don't call them losers without a reason.

When i try to give them advice, or not even, just simply talk about my day and my plans or how my workout went, etc. I can notice how they awkawrdly stay silent, as if they do not encourage my endevours, when i tell the i've been studying whatever subject, they just skip it and start talking the same nonsense we've been talking since we were kids. It's been years of nice memories but one has to realize we are not kids anymore. I don't scold them at all but I am drifting away from them quite fast. One of my friends lived with me for 2 years, i even cooked almost daily for the guy (nutritious food since the dumbass could barely boil an egg), while he was at his worst. That's what i'm getting at, leeching energy is not healthy, be it via facebook, discord, whatsapp group, whatever, real life, whatevee

All you losers that got mad at this thread are probably angry because you got called on, maybe you are one of these losers, who knows.

Finding people with the same conviction to grow is not easy. I dont want to be a slave to the "system" all my life, even finding someone trying is enough for me. But most people when you encourage them to progress, they get scared, they make fun of you, etc. Because they are afraid to succeed.

And it's not off topic

Op I relate with you 100% and I'm going through the same exact situation right now in uni. It's like they have this unmotivating energy about them. Like you have shit going for you in your life but as soon and you spend time with them u just feel so drained.

My problem is that now I'm alone, I cut out all the toxic trash I had in my life(fake friends) that didn't like seeing me grow/succeed. But now my life is kinda boring. Like in happy but I can't go out alone and I have nobody to share this postive energy with.

If you want to we can keep in touch my email is [email protected]

Not true, sometimes people just refuse to help themselves. No one person can help someone else who doesn't want to help themselves. Good friends support and encourage people to help themself as much as they can, but after a point it's not worth it.

What types of businesses do these people even start? THe only people I know who do this cringe shit are salespeople at places like Oracle (nothing against that, but just don’t be an autistic retard)

Cut them off. An alpha male is a lone wolf. Friends are a waste of time and resources. All you need is one woman who can be your best friend and lover. Everyone else are just acquaintances.

Nigger friends are problems. But if insist, same as girls, go out there talk up chad with that expensive suit, preferably a common setting (golf club whatever the fuck you love) and see what hes all about. BUT you taalk the talk and you better walk the fucking walk. Also yes absolutly remove looser/negative/energy vampire friends out of your life, i've put up with mine for too long, also family is a BIG factor for personal success, if your parents did a bad job raising you there is no need to give them any time of the day from here on out, that'll only sabotage you and make you hesitant

Attached: 1553360867288.png (1326x954, 112K)

I'd honestly be ok with this but I'm actually such a hard person to get this kind of thing to happen and I'm always wondering what if that it fucks me up

>Mfw no Chad friends just fake alphas all about stunting

Chads do not exist.

Everyone has problems.

This

Also this. I bet you read elite daily and call yourself an entrepreneur because you joined a mlm scheme.

Don't be a dramatic fairy and break up with them, but give yourself some space if you feel you need it. You are a fucking adult, and if you need to live your life not talking to them for 2-3 weeks at a time, you're free to do that. If they ask, you can even tell them that you're busy with your business and with getting in shape. Life's happening to you here as long as you allow it to. Don't throw away your progress or goals for other people, and if they make you feel bad about that fact, just stop talking to them.

Honestly this. Stop idealizing other men if you want to grow up.

Kek I seriously hope somebody from Jow Forums tries dressing like the dopes in OP's picture.

There's no problem with that. Both of my friends are nerdy engineers with nerdy engineer gfs. I enjoy hanging out with them and bantzing. I can pull more pussy than either of them but they're more interested in ltrs and they make a fuckton more money than me (even though I'm doing alright for my age in terms of salary and career progression- they're just crazy nerd compsci faggots with six figure west coast salaries).

Friendship is about more than finding other alphas to talk about banging whores with.

True but Chad's accept their flaws and problems and they know who they are. They are the most real guys you will meet. The guys who grew up physically attractive have been treated good by the world their whole life so they try to spread love.

Then you have the fake ones all about insecurity and stunting whether it be though money, girls they get, popularity, cars, clothes ets..

S o i

What friends?

I agree with the thrust of your post but 'being on your grind' is the biggest douche phrase ever. People who say this are the kind who rent expensive cars to take photos to post on instagram.

Loser friend here, unless you've got some literal leaches trying to, well, leach off you just stop hanging out with us.
You can even say you don't want to hang anymore, you might hurt my feelings but I guarantee I'll get over it, I lived friendless all the months when my successful friends went away to college, and when they got married I just took it in stride.
Your loser friends are good at being "chill" with situations deemed beyond their control (pretty low bar) so don't stress over them, they're pretty much the dogs of people.

Yh I use it bc it's relateable. The gist is the same though. Just have goals and work towards them

>tfw you are the loser friend

Attached: sadfrog lying awake at night.jpg (640x360, 31K)

>forgot my Diogenes picture
Oh well, maybe next time.

yikes idk if i can endorse this, but to continue the metaphor:
Judge a man by how he treats his dogs
In other words judge by how he treats those with no no control over him
this is where true character is seen

Keep digging, last 2 girls i asked out said no, doesn't make a shit, you want something, you visualize it, you keep telling yourself that you'll find it and you will. Btw by chad i mean a guy who says what he does and does what he says, someone who'll do the inconvenient thing because he said he would, keeping yoir word is one of the greatest tests of a formidable man

Attached: 1552967025853.jpg (691x370, 85K)

Atleast you're a friend.

t. reddit

I don't even want any girls at this point. I can easily get them they come and go. Like I can go to the club tonight and I'll have multiple girls trying to get my attention.

I just want some Chad friends/friends to catch jokes with and grow together. Unfortunately most guys at uni ain't shit.

Also deep quote. I do believe every guy has the potential to be free tho but most lack the will power/drive.

So is this what people mean by loser friends? People who actually try to bring you down? I've never met anyone like that ever. If not, the whole friend shit is bullcrap and nothing should be getting in your way of being a better person. Unless this "friend" is actively pissing in your ear then who gives a shit what he/she does.

Based and blessed

Attached: c7442d998e52e03500ec22fc737c68c1.jpg (680x574, 34K)

You've clearly never tried to grow, get some success in life and see which friends are really there to celebrate with you. Subconsciously everybody has a position within a freind group so when you start acting out of character they will try bring u down.

wrong retard. you dont need fucking cheerleaders in your life to praise you on what you do left and right. Do your own shit and grow on your own literally no one fucking cares what you do. You are literally those niggers who wear those "haters make my day" shirts.

>stop accusing others of your shortcomings
>surround yourself of successful people and you'll be successful
Ok, which is it?

Look at the hostility. I'm 100% you and your pathetic friends don't have shit going for you.