Rate workout thread

Post em.

I modified a standard PPLPPLX to this.
>Started with legs because All benches are mogged on monday
>Added Core work on Leg day, and cardio on Push days because I don't want to look like a bloated fatgot.
> One Push day focused on heavy bench and other on heavy OHP
>One Pull focused on heavy DLs and one on rows
>One Leg focused on Heavy Squats and others on a mix of Squats and Lunges.

Anything should I add or remove?
> I kept LIGHT Pull first because Don't want heavy Pull and Legs consecutively,

So this gets me muh strength gains on 3 days and bro gains on the other 3
Yeah I know the excel is formatted like an autist, fuck off.

Thanks for reading my blog post.

Attached: Screenshot_40.png (1655x335, 28K)

also, I am starting this from tomorrow, was on standard PPLPPLX till now, no cardio or core

I like it, your routine is pretty similar to mine. But I don't like rowing, instead I do weighted pull ups

Thanks frendo

I tried similiar push Day, and weighted dips as the last chest exercise worked out pretty bad.

can i replace it with close grip pushups

Bretty good user

shameless bump

Pretty shit lol
5/10

>heavy Sqauts
>3x8
How to spot the DYEL

I used to do Bench, OHP, and Incline all in the same workout and eventually dropped it. Starts to feel like I had to make incline so light to do it and didn't get much out of it. When I made my own PPL, I made 2 weeks and then alternated OHP and Incline.

that's why when there is Heavy OHP there is no incline,

what do you recommend faggot also post body

SL 3x5

Won't fall for that meme

heavy squats
3x8?
what

Literally what it says, heavy weight squats

if u can do them for 8 reps I doubt they are all that heavy then

Oh i meant heavy in volume then.
I'll make increase the weight and decrease the reps when I'm comfy of my form

It works for me. I'm getting stronger, but I'm losing in aesthetics.

>but I'm losing in aesthetics
Are you just eating a ton?
If you are a beginner doing SS you shouldn't be looking worse as the weeks go by, maybe the same but not worse.

don't fall for the muh strength meme, you'll look like a bloated DYEL faggot who just looks fat.
PPL is best imo if you want strength and looks

>It makes a lick of a difference which LP program you use as a beginner

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

I'm not getting morbidly obese or anything, but I did gain some belly fat. I'm planning on cutting for two weeks while I'm on holiday.
I was skinny fat and I still am. The only exception is that I'm bigger because of muscle growth (e.g. bigger legs, bigger ass, wider shoulders).
My goal is to gain strength, I don't really care about looks. That's why I'm doing a modified SL (3 working sets instead of 5).

>Heavy and light squats have the same rep range
kek

A 2 week cut isn't going to make any noticeable difference, and doing it on holiday would be extra mentally taxing. What I did was wait until progress stopped on SL before any cut.
Whats your calorie surplus?

Garbage laundry list of accessories

>heavy sets for 8 reps
>light sets before heavy

Why is it that people insist on bastardizing good programs or building their own from scratch rather than sticking to what is tried and true?

>A 2 week cut isn't going to make any noticeable difference, and doing it on holiday would be extra mentally taxing. What I did was wait until progress stopped on SL before any cut.
I previously lost 3-5kg while I was on holiday for three weeks because of all the walking and less food intake. That's good enough for me.
>Whats your calorie surplus?
I don't really track that. Since my start of SL, I added the following to my diet:
- big bowl of oatmeal
- 50gr of whey
- swapped s0yl3nt for 4 slices of bread with peanut butter for lunch

To give you some more numbers: last year I weighted 65-68kg (I'm 180cm btw). Then I started doing dumbbell exercises and got to 73-75kg. As of this year I started doing SL and am currently at 78-80kg. I also gained some weight because of creatine.

Looks like a bit too much volume if you are natty. Probably don't need to do three sets of each exercise if you are hitting the same muscle group with several exercises in the same day. I'd switch to two sets of each for Tues chest, Wed rows, Thurs everything, Fri chest, and Sat rows. Add more core and cardio if you don't feel like you're working out enough.

Here's mine. Tues, Thurs and Fri are compulsory, the rest can be skipped if I'm too busy with other stuff, but I don't skip more than two in one week and aim to not skip any. GSLP progression (with slight weirdness because I have only 4 0.25 kg plates to make fine adjustments, so it goes 1, 2.5, 3.5, 5, 6, 7.5, 8.5, etc.). Concentrating on upper body at the moment, because aesthetics matter.

Attached: 2019-03-25 workouts-1.png (1654x2339, 172K)

>what is tried and true doesn't work for everyone or after a long period of time

>squat 55 kg
wtf?

Can't seem to maintain good form when I go heavy with it and not really worked on it much until I switched to GSLP a few weeks ago. I can do twice that on the hack squat machine, but I guess that's cheating. Also, I'm really pushing myself with my OHP at the moment, so I'm tired when it comes to squat time.

Guarantee OP just wanted to have a speshul snowflake routine instead of sticking with one of literally dozens of perfectly acceptable training methods.

MFW, ABA...
Workout A:
5x5 bench press
5x5 bent over row
3x3 deadlift
5x5 squat

Workout B:
5x5 OHP
5x5 squat
5x5 weighted chins
5x5 weighted dips

Rate
A
>deadlift 3x5
>ohp 5x5
>weighted pull ups 5x5
>that weighted row machine 3x8-12
>external rotation with band 3x8-12
>face pulls 3x8-12
>core

B
>squat 5x5
>bench 5x5
>bb row 5x5
>pull down machine 3x8-12
>external rotation with band 3x8-12
>face pulls 3x8-12
>core

needs more accessory exercises

Looks really good. I know i couldnt do that, it would fry my CNS pretty quickly.

A
>squat 5x5
>bench 5x5
>pendlay row 5x5
>weighted dips 3x5
>hanging leg raises 2x8-10

B
>squat 5x5
>OHP 5x5
>deadlift 1x5
>weighted chinups 3x5
>EZ bar curl 2x8

Thoughts?

Obviously it's heavy relative to how much he can squatx8.

Wouldn't do squats and deadlifts back to back. Pretty taxing on your system and hits many of the same muscles :^)

Rate mine
Monday:
Heavy deadlifts
Deadlift accessory (RDL atm)

Tuesday:
Heavy dips
Volume pull ups
Accessories (rows, DP OHP, arms)

Thursday:
Deficit deadlifts (speed and volume)

Friday:
Heavy pull ups
Volume dips
Accessories (rows, DB OHP, arms)

I don't squat because I bike 70-120 kilometres a week, fite me over it

dope

which routine has cardio, core and works for both aesthetic and strength?

>Wouldn't do squats and deadlifts back to back.
That's why I kept deadlifts light the day after I squat heavy.
>I don't squat because I bike 70-120 kilometres a week, fite me over it
Would have called you a faggot, but 100kgs is pretty high. still a faggot if you CHOOSE do that over squats

This is garbage

still 55kg is pretty weak, your form must be horribly wrong

PPLxPPLx

Add 20-30 mins of high intensity, or hilt cardio at the end of every workout.
Core on leg day, but really with the amount of compounds you're doing you should have a strong core. At that point abs are going to be based off your diet.

I get paid 16€/h to bike, so I'm alright with being called a faggot for that

>really with the amount of compounds you're doing you should have a strong core.
DONT FALL FOR THIS MEME
Also that's pretty much the same workout in the OP but based on my needs

Idiot

What I meant was if you choose to bike over squats, it's not a choice when you're getting paid for it.

My modified PPxPPxx

Day 1
Bench 85%3xF 65%2xF
Push Press 95%5xF 75%2xF
Skull crushers standing 3x10
Barbell Lever shoulder press 3x10
Back extension 3x12

Day 2
Low bar squat 85%3xF
Pendlay row 85%3xF 65%3xF
Barbell Front Raise superset with Barbell Curls 3x10
Leg Raise 3x15

Day 3
OHP Strict 85%3xF 65%2xF
Bench 85%3xF
Skull crushers standing 3x10
Barbell Lever shoulder press 3x10
Back extension 3x12

Day 4
Deadlift 85%3xF
RDL 85%3xF
Above the knee rack pulls 150%deadlift1RM 3xF
Pendlay rows 85%3xF 65%2xF
Barbell Front Raise superset with Barbell Curls 3x10
Leg Raise 3x15

When I can get 8-10 reps on the heavy set I increase weight 5lbs the following session

I injured my knee and low back so my squat and deadlift are a bit behind.

Current stats 185/220/255/325

The supersetted front raise curl is my favorite accessory makes my forearms feel crazy. Looking for more accessories for push days though. Kind of limited to barbell lifts cuz home gym.

jees that's a lot of sets to failure

pretty sure he is memeing

This is basically what I do but I lift heavy all sets the first ppl the hypertrophy the second ppl. Also 30 min cardio every day. user what is your rest timing between sets? For strength days, I rest 150 secs and on hypertrophy days, I am resting 90 secs.

It looks like a lot but it really ends up being 3x5+-1 most of the time. Usually every two weeks I'll hit 8ish and then I increase weight. Helps me gauge progress easier.

It's pretty much what GSLP recommends, which seems to be considered the best newbie program on here: two days of squat variants (TBDL is really more of a squat than a DL), one day of DL, two days of bench, one day of OHP, only small additional stuff on those days, lightweight accessory lifts or resting in between big lift days. What's so bad about it?

+30 seconds to your base

Not the same person, but you're massively lacking in pulling movements. Add some row and pull-up variations. Maybe some bicep isolation as well, unless you're training for strength.

Understandable. If you're a newbie. Once you have a year under your belt. Know proper form. I think PPLxPPLx with cardio at the end is the best for my schedule. Or anyone looking to transition into an intermediate stage and not look like a dyel. It balances strength and aesthetics. I've tried Soo many other programs, I always goes back to this.

same here, it's god tier

All Shit.

Rate my homecooked, don't ask what my squat or bench are, but I do have alot of fun focusing on pulls/back and shoulders

>Monday
Pull variation, sumo atm, 3x5
Strict press, 1x5(100%) 4x5(80-90%)
Lat pulldown 3x8
Tris 3x8

>Wednesday
Barbell row, 1x5(100%) 4x5(80-90%)
Bench 5x5
Secondary back exercise 3x8
Shrugs 3x8

>Friday
Conventional diddy 1x3(100%) 1x5(80%)
Strict press or dumbell 5x5(80-90%)
Lat pulldown 3x8
Tris 3x8

I'll change lat pulldown to weighted chins at some point

Attached: e6939565a307dfecbec675e97b9cea3423ae389178330ba0e651233453472cf8.jpg (750x793, 116K)