Why can't weightlifters define strength?

Bodyweight exercise is all you actually need. By introducing foreign objects and lifting something other than your own bodyweight, you are becoming dependent upon something that won't always be there for you and there's no way to maintain that strength without having access to those weights or those machines that you gained it.
Strength derived from bodyweight training is more functional, more permanent (lasts longer after it's acquired), and more organic than strength obtained from weight lifting.
Bodyweight training allows you to progress infinitely, instead of reaching a peak like in weight lifting. Bodyweight training has zero risk of injury, you can do it every day without ever getting injured. The more repetitions you do with bodyweight training, the stronger you become. With weights, it actually requires that you lift heavier weights. Why would you want to have to keep finding more and more weights instead of having all you need in your body?

Attached: tumblr_lxnksvTrxE1qbt811o1_500.gif (500x375, 978K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jtsstrength.com/herschel-walker-and-bodyweight-beast-building/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why can't atheists define God?

>By introducing foreign electrons moving through a conductive medium and using electricity, you are becoming dependent on something that won't always be there for you and there's no way to maintain that power without having access to those electrons or those machines that use them.
Also,
>muh more reps
Literally not strength. If anybody, you can't define strength.

>muh appeal to nature

Of all the shitposters on 4 chan, you're the type I hate the most. Please bash your skull and bleed out

Attached: 34656425623.png (244x297, 113K)

What is your definition of strength?

I know it's bait, but "organic strength"?

keep this shit on /b

Attached: proxy.jpg (272x185, 9K)

>Strength derived from bodyweight training
There is no strength derived from body weight training so there is nothing to lose, so I guess technically you’re correct

post body

>Has to keep increasing weight

>bruceleelaughing.gif

If you do Hindu squats, you will get stronger than anyone who does weightlifting squats. Try doing a few hundred reps in a row, bet you can't.

Try squatting 400lbs a few hundred times, be you can’t.

Why would you want to do that? That would make your muscles bigger and make you musclebound and weigh you down. Bodyweight training makes sure you gain strength without making yourself huge, which defeats the purpose.

bait thread

Atheists claim to be scientific yet they provide no proof for their beliefs.

This but unironically
I don't get how people are still sleeping on calisthenics

>Hindu squats
SUPERPOWER BY 2020

Lifting freeweights is a cope for fat neckbeard bloatlords who brag about doing 200 kg deadlifts but cant do 1 proper pull up to save their lives. Calisthenics makes you much more athletic and mobile, the strength it gives you is much more pracitcal and it actually gives you skills you can use to impress other people.

I do both. I win

You're actually undoing any of the strength you gain from calisthenics if you lift weights on top of that. You have to cut out lifting weights and just lift bodyweight. Lifting weights will convert your bodyweight strength into weight strength, and the two formats are incompatible. More of your true, functional strength will be used up by the weight strength, leaving no room for functional strength. If you want to maximize your functional strength, you need to make sure it's 100% bodyweight strength.

post body WITH timestamps big guy
post body WITH timestamps big guy
imagine thinking you need to test your 1RM on an exercise in order to actually get stronger lmao, brainlet ass
post body WITH timestamps
how about you post body with timestamps?
this
I haven't seen a single guy who looks good or is actually functional outside the gym that wastes away and destroys his joints at the gym with heavy weights, the only guys who look jacked anyway regardless of training are juicers, natties look the fucking same with weights or with calisthenics except bodyweight training makes you less fat.

>Lifting weights will convert your bodyweight strength into weight strength
what you're referring to as "bodyweight strength" is called muscular endurance dipshit
>and the two formats are incompatible
muscular strength and endurance are mutually exclusive
wew lad i hope this is bait, otherwise you seriously need a brain transplant

Attached: N8JQ3p0G69.jpg (650x650, 89K)

im sure if you were more when making the thread people would just post shirtless pics so you can jerk off

>Bodyweight training has zero risk of injury, you can do it every day without ever getting injured.
How are people falling for this?

>grug move big rock
>grug stronk
There, grug explain what stronk are.

Attached: 61FFBE29-A69F-4B3F-976E-043F24895922.png (400x400, 56K)

Strength and endurance are two different things

>zero injury

>zero risk of injury

I did calisthenics for several years and literally everyone I met that did that fucked up their shoulders, elbows or wrists at some point, me included. Unless your idea of "bodyweight exercises" is just bw squats and doing a dozen pushups a day.

calisthenics is suboptimal training, period
you need to change the exercise itself to achieve progressive overload, that's awful
between doing weighted pull ups and inventing a new retarded way to make pull ups harder, I prefer to add weight

it's pretty simple to reduce leverage man, also one handed chinup progression is a based pulling move

So are you the same shit poster from /B/ talking about atheist or are you like a retarded follower shit posting on other boards

Attached: 1553097211076.jpg (957x960, 51K)

go back to

LMAO. Bodyweight excercises and muh 2x bodyweight lifts are dumb shit that manlets and dwarves use to cope. Who cares how many pullups can you do if you will get knocked out in a matter of seconds when against someone bigger? It's not about being a bloatlord fat powerlifter, it's just about being taller than 6 feet. Hope that clears it up for you.

If you don't do both, you're a massive cocksucking fag and you should kill yourself. Lift weights, do bodyweight exercises. It's not fucking hard to do both.

jtsstrength.com/herschel-walker-and-bodyweight-beast-building/

This was written by chad wesley smith, an elite powerlifter that strength mogs every single lifter in this board, and he advocates calisthenics for athletic performance and overall fitness/aesthetics.

(OP) #
Agreed

Im actually using weights right now because im not strong enough to do all the body weight excercises i want to.

Last night, i finally hit 4sets x 3reps of handstand pushups (weigh about 175).

Im working on pullups and chinup strength as well.
When i was in shape in the past, i didnt do weighted chinups. When i wanted to increase difficulty, i just did 1 handed chinups (grip bar with palm facing you, gŕab wrist with other hand for stability).
This is true of most exercises...1 hand pushups, 1 leg squats, etc.

I do think weights help to add more load and improve strength though, but only if you use them to train up your slow twitch/endurance muscles.

I went on business travel for 2 weeks and had to adjust my workouts because i didnt have any machines and only dumbbells (max 45lbs). Really made me appreciate more natural bodyweight excercises.