Why does cardio burn so few calories?

Busted my ass to burn 340 calories which isn't even more than the blueberry muffin I ate.

Attached: 20190323_233132.jpg (1080x1327, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V4x78tesdpM
youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Protip: don't eat shitty blueberry muffins. A lot of fools end up doing some cardio, then "treating" themselves to something and running a surplus.

You may notice that athletes eat real damn clean for this reason.

But they taste so good especially with coffee

Just speed up the movement user

I burn 308 in 30 minutes on treadmill

I haven't had anything sweet in 3 weeks except an apple here and there, and I'm not even fat so don't have to watch myself. Just stop and cravings will go away, you will start feeling better from not spiking your insulin too.

You know if you want to loose weight you should count metabolic rate based on lean body mass and not your 30%+ bodyfat total. A 5’9 guy is at 1600cal per day without the lard on him and it’s muscle and organs that burn fat really. But I’ve seen people say the baseline for a 5’9 guy is 2500cal if physically active per day.
There are so many imbeciles online it’s not even funny anymore. Everyone is a guru, billionaire, athlete, scientist, poet, philosopher, ladysman with a fucking internet connection.
Most guys here in the /cbt/ threads look like utter shit compared how I was when all I did was mma and walking in youth.

>8.69 mi
>11.9 mph
>5 ft avg pace
Are you a fucking kangaroo?

Its biking

>But they taste so good especially with coffee

youtube.com/watch?v=V4x78tesdpM

Because we eat too much nowadays

I burn like 850 calories an hour running i dunno what youre doing wrong

Not too be too much of a sperg but walking an hour burns as much too. So like you cut it down with a few minutes only.

Running is much more taxing on the body than cycling.

That's the sad reality, you just have to eat less.

You can make your own muffins very easily that are healthier, lower calorie and smaller per muffin. Try bran muffins, they get a bad rap but there's a reason old folks love them. My mom used to bake these little muffins that I wouldn't trade for a 5 star meal, and they were healthy.

Or make an oatmeal cup with blueberry, cinnamon and brown sugar or cane sugar.

Or you can have them on cheat days. It won't kill you to have them once a week.

You can always substitute with a healthy alternative too when you have cravings, eg. protein pancakes instead of pancakes, homemade pita bread pizza instead of delissio pizza, home grilled burger instead of McDonald's. Often the healthy version will actually taste better.

People ate more calories in the past. They done more manual labor though

They didn’t have cars either so add 3 hours of walking too for most. Those large meals we eat 3 or 4 times a day were set up for that lifestyle.

What? People ate less back then, they didn't have the luxury of McDonald's or modern day supermarkets. They had to hunt and gather, which meant that food could be hard to come by sometimes. You could go weeks without food. Famines etc. People didn't have fridges full of food back then, food would just go off, no supplies. There was no mass trading. Obesity is a 21st century invention. Fat people were seen as rich because only rich people could afford enough food to get fat. Idiot.

Only eat dinner, no snacks or breakfast. Drink coffee, vodka and smoke if necessary

Scoobster dropping some serious truth bombs. Your body digests junk food incredibly fast so you'll feel hungry again shortly after eating "just a 450kcal donut". Not to mention that it holds absolutely zero nutritional value apart from the sugar.

>But they taste so good

Confirmed never gonna make it.

Cant outrun your fork

Because the human body evolved to be efficient with energy? Humans have two advantages over other primates. Most people would be aware of the first (our intelligence) but not the other - our endurance.

Humans are the best long distance runners in the entire animal kingdom. What helps with that? Efficient energy use. Back when we had to hunt other animals over long distances we had to run all day for a kill. So yeah your 30 minute slow bike ride is not going to compensate for artifically energy dense muffins

What do you expect biking only 40 minutes at 12 mph?

The calories you burn during the exercises are not the only relevant measure - your body uses up extra calories to regenerate your damaged muscles and deplenished glygocen reserves.

Why not just take lsd all day and roll around in your own flith if that's your justifaction

>Humans are the best long distance runners in the entire animal kingdom. What helps with that? Efficient energy use. Back when we had to hunt other animals over long distances we had to run all day for a kill. So yeah your 30 minute slow bike ride is not going to compensate for artifically energy dense muffins

that's bullshit, we're persistent hikers, not runners

Faccs

Then you have to bike for longer. Go for three hours.

I personally enjoy going for a 1 hour run here and there in the summer because it's fun, but I try to limit that and to do HIIT instead.

Also, don't eat junk.

Kek

because the human body is surprisingly efficient and also because 1kcal is a lot of fucking energy

Improve your VO2max this will allow you to burn more calories in general and at rest.

If you are already tracking your food intake, you might as well track your weight and calculate your TDEE based on you weight change every 15 days or so.

You don't do cardio to lose weight
You do cardio to improve your health
If you want yo lose weight, diet

Incline 15-20° walk at 2-2.5mph burns about 100+ calories per 10min

walking is unironically goat. literally just go about your day and pace around. bikelets and cardio spergs btfo

wrong question, wrong perspective. 340kcal is quite a lot.
you should ask why one fucking muffin contains so much energy.

It’s not bullshit you ignorant moron, humans jogged their prey to death

I was legit proud until I found out that it's cycling

That's why the numbers are shit. If you're biking you should be going at least 17-18 mph average. Try running instead you lazy fuck.

Seriously. OP is a lazy fuck. 12mph on a bike is like a leisurely stroll through a park.

>why does cardio burn so few calories?
It doesn't. It depends only on your size. Bigger guy (in fat or muscle) will burn more calories doing exact same shit because it takes more energy to move more weight. The lighter you get, the less calories you are burning with the same amount of cardio.

Same. Thought these numbers were great and super impressive until I realized OP is just a lazy fuck

Because you didn't do cardio, you sat on a bike through 1 Netflix episode mindlessly moving your legs with minimal effort.

Move your fucking legs, fat fuck. Average mph on a bike should be almost 20 for a good work out. Try running instead, or at least hiking.

One 25:00 minute 5k Burns a normal slice of pizza. Running a 10k Burns more calories than a Denny's grand slam breakfast. Cardio is great at burning calories. You're just a lazy fuck.

A lot of it was uphill with the wind fighting. Shit was hard.

My nigga. Incline walking doesn’t impact recovery, is easy and efficient. Let the idiots run.

Leisurely stroll my ass. The climb was brutal

Attached: 20190324_110653.jpg (1080x933, 178K)

Do you know why grandmas are always so pushy about feeding you insane amounts of food? Because they went hungry at some point in their lives. Living through ww2 rationing, food was not all that available even in the richest countries in the world at the time. People didn't eat nearly as much as they do today.

post body faggot

Run instead of sitting down and letting wheels propel you, you autistic fatass

Stop being a bitch.

Attached: urafag.png (1172x573, 23K)

You done being a little bitch yet?

Attached: urafag2.png (458x760, 22K)

This is way too good for runing so I'm guessing it's biking? In which case it's absolute shit for biking.

Based and cardiopilled

you basically burned the same amount of calories a person would burn if they walked for an hour. More effort more calories.

because your average speed is 12 mph on flats which is slow as shit
if you wanna burn more calories cycling, either go faster or go longer or hit the hills

alternatively don't eat the blueberry muffin

wait i'm retarded i read miles as meters
anyways go faster

I went for a 45 min walk before i went on the 45 min bike ride. No comparison how much more tired the bike ride made me feel. How do they burn the same amount of calories?

I bet youre one of those lance armstrong faggots who bike in tights

>Back in my day I benched 450 for reps
Now? Ummm haha

Where you actually cicyling or using a faggy little machine?

Do you have a watch or do you use your phone? I use my phone and it goes mental sometimes.

Were you cycling? Running burns more calories in less time. If you're worried about your joints learn good form, run on grass and get your shoes fit.

I use a Garmin 735xt. IMO, unless you're a world class triathlete, you don't need to pay for the 900 series. It's very reliable although as you can see, I'm somehow missing a few feet in elevation loss, which doesn't make sense since I started and returned to the same place. It's far from being significant but still. Good investment and very satisfied with it.

>street biking
Everyone driving past you on the road has the urge to hit you, you fairy fuck.
Just go for a run, better results and much faster calorie burning. You can also use a sidewalk.

lsd lasts like.. 9 hours. you only need to take it once, not all day.

Fat fuck. You'll never make it with this "but they're so good!" bullshit.

>I bet youre one of those lance armstrong faggots who bike in tights

Sure do. Gotta have that crotch neatly positioned for optimal aerodynamics.

I bet you're one of those lardass riding with a hard rock cafe shirt and baggy shorts?

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

>I burn like 850 calories an hour running

no you don't

>biking
Found your problem. Be a man and jump on a treadmill

It's illegal to cycle on the sideWALK. Guess where road bikes are meant to be used?

>taste
>food
>food being anything other than the physical representation of a collection of numbers
NEVER GONNA MAKE IT
E
V
E
REVEN

Not the same guy, but seems right for me at least. What's with it?

The samsung app is sho shit and inaccurate, overstating your distance everytime. Use google fit, it's way bertte.r not even going to fix my typing error alpha af

>467 kcal/h
How weak are you?
I`m 5`3", 120 lbs and even I burn 1100 kcal/h
>cycling at less than 12 mph average
Go faster m8.

>cycling
>running
What's wrong with all of you? Just do light weight, high rep with no rest.

Yeah on one of those walmart bikes

No cargo shorts. Too heavy. Just use normal addidas shorts. Light and zipped pockets

Attached: 7b18a34e-6aef-41e3-ad44-0f6a52de060e_1.279c377a9b8f5875186829b8754d35d8(2).jpg (450x450, 30K)

Except fried chicken

Bike only on sidewalks. Not taking chances to get hit by drunk driver on bike lane

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT KEEP RUNNING TWINK!!!

Why not buy a decent bike instead of a cheap chinese piece of scrap metal? Might be more expensive but at least you will end up with something decent for cardio. Unless you're a broke nigga? Well, I guess if you were a nigga, you could always steal one...

5'6" 160lbs. Man i thought i was pretty fit but apparently not. Heres my running time.

I think im fit by irl standards but Jow Forums standards are just absurd

No money

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-150259_Gallery.jpg (1080x2220, 307K)

I used google earth to plot my route and it was also about 8.6 miles so i dont think samsung app is that bad

>ate a blueberry muffin

wew

why do people do this shit?

Why do you run less than 10 minutes?>No money
Get a 90s rigid MTB, a 80s roadbike or something like that and you have a bike that rides far better than a full suspension BSO.

>I think im fit by irl standards but Jow Forums standards are just absurd

One would have to expect that on a fitness board, there would be a few extremely fit bros lurking among the larpers.

You might think you're in good shape, but here, there will always be someone better. Either you use it to fuel your own desire to excel, or you revert to shitposting and namecalling. The rest is up to you.

Good luck bro
N-no homo

Attached: urafag3.png (518x779, 30K)

>few calories

Attached: 2019-01-16_02.00.19.jpg (719x590, 82K)

Mirin

youre actually good at running

I run for short time because its bad for your knees. But i try to run fast. I think a 7 min mile is decent.

Jesus you would have been right behind me keeping up on two legs. Are you a fucking ostrich or something

it's cycling

This is why yer fat

Lol. There are tribes TODAY that run down animals over several hours.

youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o

Based David Attenborough tells it how it is.

>Sand people

Attached: jedi-robe-1.jpg (1024x769, 101K)

30 minutes on a treadmill should be closer to 450/500 calories at a moderate pace.

i hate sweet foods but i started eating more simple carbs because i was getting weird cravings for shit i never have like soda. just make sure you listen to your body

>30 minutes on a treadmill should be closer to 450/500 calories at a moderate pace.

Attached: 1518936374658.png (211x239, 12K)

>sideWALK
hurr durr park on driveway, drive on parkway
try harder faggot and get the fuck out of the road

I burn like 500 jumping rope and I just do 10x3min at an OK pace.
You either are seriously out of shape or didn't push yourself as much as you think you did.

Almost like we are optimized for endurance. Weird huh

not even close...

His math checks out. You're just retarded