If i can do chinups but not pullups will doing chinups give me the power to do pullups...

if i can do chinups but not pullups will doing chinups give me the power to do pullups? i tried negatives pullups but by biceps give out painfully. i do assisted pullups at (-26-33 kg)

stats: 187cm/81kg/16%bf/

Attached: 1232379082704.jpg (680x680, 453K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eGo4IYlbE5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 1540420594699.jpg (240x210, 6K)

Yes

anyone serious with an answer to my Q? if so ill just do chinups to failure 3-5times a week until i can do pullups. i feel faggy doing assited pullups but ill deal with it if i have to
thanks

Attached: 1268790379042.jpg (1080x1142, 94K)

yes it should help. However you might want to do some pull ups every day. just get a bar and 3x a day try and do some pull ups. Then once you can do a few work em in to your routine.

Just do pull up negatives. After about a week you should be able to do pull-ups

as i said in the op i cant do pullup negatives. my biceps give out with a horrific amount of pain. muscular. they cannot support my weight at all. I have very weak arms.
i cant get up. with -26-33kg on the assisted I could do about 8-9 x 3 which is what i've been doing. I just hated using the assisted pullup thing for obvious reasons, but if I have to I will. My short-term goal is to get to pullups without assist. it's been 2 months since I started working out 3x full-body but my pullup doesnt seem to progress much where other stuff like bench/deadlift/row are rapidly progressing, squat is progressing very slowly.

Attached: 1250006906171.jpg (692x1000, 152K)

are you a girl? Maybe you should do more arm strengthening exercises. Your post is getting kind of pathetic at this point

post body

>6'1.5
>179 lbs
>16% body fat
>can't do a single pull up
this doesn't add up

Well OP how many chinups can you do currently?

i can do 3±2 chinups. then i fail. same with dips. i can do 3±2 dips in narrow grip 0 in wider grip

Attached: 1230234885907.jpg (640x855, 295K)

I reply only because the pic is awesome.
Do assisted pullups or chinups, it doesnt matter. Make sure to linearily progress, though (in reps or weight).
Other than that check your form on pullups, because 1. Pullups should be just a little bit weaker than chins and 2. your arms dont primarily work with their biceps in pullups but with their brachioradialis, because your hands are pronated in pullups. Also keep an eye out for proper scapula position/movement in any exercise really.

>do chinups 5x5 with 20kg added
>can barely do pullups 5x5 with no added weight
This doesn't seem right..

thanks. ill just stick to chinups until i get strong enough to do pullups then. same with dips i cant really do them without assist.

>6'5"
>200lbs
>~15% bf
>tfw can't do more than 1 pull up

Yes it does

Attached: 1536878796443.jpg (480x480, 16K)

>tfw can do 15-20 dips in a row but not even 1 strict pullup
You just sound weak all over, lift more and come back when you have an imbalance in one over the other

Literally made for BBC

youtube.com/watch?v=eGo4IYlbE5g

engage your scapula muscles properly to stabilize your shoulder when doing chinups and pullups. doing pushups properly with your shoulder stabilized will also help you. i'm 200lbs 5'10 and can do 12 chinups or pullups, a strong back helps you. you'll also be able to eventually do things like head banger pullups. actually right now my point of failure is my forearms

Attached: botz.jpg (1427x1077, 188K)

yes. try doing neutral grip too

>185cm
>95kg
>27% bf
>can do 5 pull-ups
What do

ur strong user
no question about that i am incredibly weak.
80kg bench
100kg dead
70kg squat
35kg OHP

I just started lifting 2 months ago. From a zero point. I'm a chemist so I sit in front of a computer for 9hrs a day then go home and sit in front of a computer for another 7hrs. Really trying to fix this.
yea ive been trying to do that scapula stuff but its hard for me to engage muscles due to the lack of connection mind-muscle like, or just the total dearth of any muscle in those places. i try to do it by pushing my chest out really far and like rotating my shoulders downward dont know how to explain it but thats the best ive been able to figure out for activating my back/shoulders/chest instead of it all being on my biceps

Attached: 1236515554361.jpg (684x1024, 57K)

be less of a fat ass , pull ups are harder when you are fat (you have to pull more weight)

gib

not trying to shitpost but if arm strength is the issue how can you do chins but not pullups? pullups engage your back more than arms whereas chinups are real heavy on forearms and biceps. you'd think if you had babby arms it would be the other way around

not a clue i just assumed its a weakness of my biceps because i cant do negative pullups. my biceps give out and i just drop. what you say does make sense. maybe i have a very weak back and when my arms are apart my biceps have a weaker leverage and since my back cannot handle load biceps try and fail to compensate? just tested it. i can do 3 chin ups with the 3rd being total absolute limit of effort and 0 pull ups

Attached: 1279827035537.jpg (601x900, 30K)

Wouldn’t that make me stronger when I’m fat?

I'm only doing chinups, but I test my pullups from time to time. I've definitely seen an increase in the latter just from doing the former.

sounds like the key is to keep lifting and losing weight. maybe throw in some back work like rows or shrugs.

How do I do more pullups? I can only do about 5.

i assume most people learn scapular engagement from barbell bench press

The fact that her torso isn't direclty above her pelvis really bothers me.

do 3-5 pull ups + 10-20 kg for a while

i still have issues with this concept despite doing bench only every session (3x a week)
its her posture used to emphasize her ample bottom.

Attached: 1288142157520.jpg (640x786, 36K)