Be yourself bro

>be yourself bro
What does this mean? Is this implying that I'm not being myself when deaing with a specific situation? Why wouldn't any kind of thoughts and feelings which could be either positive or negative, that I have not be part of the conscious that is me?

Attached: c9bd29ddb5ab23415daeebffe42dc1a0.jpg (700x1237, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7St9TtLzoLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I'm gonna overthink my way to victory
Ugh. I could tell you what it means, but I can already tell you're gonna intentionally be obtuse as fuck about everything.

This is now a Varangian Guard and other armored warriors sworn by oath thread

Attached: Varangian_Guard.jpg (788x675, 251K)

HUSCARL!

Attached: 1418714739910.jpg (353x500, 56K)

You think Chad is a retard when he tells you this but there's so many levels to that line

Attached: 1369836444224.jpg (381x611, 132K)

There's nothing wrong with trying to get a better understanding on a method which is meant to improve yourself.

Byzantine aesthetics are top tier

Attached: 4d1a070f857762eff6ed9d04ba456271.jpg (736x1040, 106K)

indeed

Attached: roman_and_byzantine_army_by_fall3nairborne-d37wf1x.jpg (700x943, 124K)

>tfw you'll never shed blood with your bros on the battlefield
>tfw you'll never fuck the blacksmith's daughter while he's sharpening your blade and axe
>tfw you'll never relax at the inn with some ale after a long day of training with your unit
The glory days of humanity are long gone

;__;

Attached: 1442173977695.jpg (1920x1080, 481K)

>tfw you'll never shed blood with your bros on the battlefield

Attached: visceral combat.jpg (1400x933, 344K)

Chad isn't wrong because he knows what kind of person he is and embraces himself. So why shouldn't you do the same? And by that I mean why not choose what you want to do instead of being envious of others because they have their own ways of being happy?

Attached: 4476838526_8441206719_b.jpg (1024x797, 570K)

I agree, I meant to say that le virgins don't realize that being told to be yourself is the best advice you'll ever get.

No one is perfect so you shouldn't ever be yourself because who you are is the inferior version of who you could be.

Simply find someone better than you and be like them. Once you are like them then aim up again. If someone is too far from your current state then lower your expectations.

It's hoew you improve every skill in your life. Day by day a bit at a time.

The thing is that the preconcieved measure of happiness and success made by society is how many women you fuck. It's no surprise that many virgins see themselves as inferior because they have learned from this logic instead of doing their own thing that makes them happy.

Attached: Basil-II.jpg (572x694, 86K)

I find it hard to be myself because I've spent so long trying to be what others think I should be that I've genuinely lost sight of who I really am.

Attached: 1551528200287.png (764x590, 586K)

you're gonna make it

Remember what they took from you. Remember 1453

Attached: Constantine_Palaiologos.jpg (400x622, 450K)

>be yourself bro
>What does this mean?
>youtube.com/watch?v=7St9TtLzoLk

Attached: swoleesi sips.png (1080x1920, 1.81M)

Attached: Amber Abweh Swoleesi.png (600x601, 416K)

It means have confidence in who you are. You don't need to worry about trying to impress them, you just need to be yourself and talk to them. Just remember that most girls don't care about you, they really want to talk about themselves.

be the confident version of yourself

>Byzantine aesthetics are top tier

Fo' show

Attached: 1504608731333.jpg (1996x1479, 530K)

Attached: 1518176243021.jpg (2868x2079, 2.05M)

Attached: 1487513247030.jpg (1225x920, 310K)

Attached: 1518176454215.jpg (1059x754, 242K)

Attached: 1518176503396.jpg (1024x559, 286K)

It means to be the you that you want to be, rather than the you that you are.

Attached: PEG75013.jpg (382x550, 26K)

Attached: 1518175498285.jpg (1024x492, 239K)

Attached: Byzantine_icon_St-Mercurius_1295.jpg (525x1164, 133K)

>taking everything literally.
How do you act when you're alone sitting comfortably in your room?
Now how do you act in a public space full of people?
Only one of those states is you "being yourself" I severely doubt you act the same. Whether it be to anxiety, overthinking or just a desire to fit in you put on a mask when you show off your persona to others. I'm not telling you to go jack off in front of everybody, i'm saying you need to take off the mask and have the same laid back attitude you have when you're sitting alone comfortably. And if you have anxiety when you're alone in your room you might have mega autism.

The thing is that you barely have anything to most people other than daily things in your life. I don't know about you but I find it hard to establish proper relationships with people that don't share the same interests as me. I used to think that I'm not an interesting person to be around but then I realise it's because I surround myself with people which I can't relate to. It's like playing a video game when you're level 20 and your party consists of level 40s.

do you all realize that those medieval "knights" were like 5'4 max even vikings (varangian guard) were like 5'9 at most

>muh lookism
Brainlet post

Attached: images.jpg (212x238, 4K)

It means not worrying what other people think about you. Because of that self confidence, you wont make an effort to alter your behavior to fit what you imagine to be other people's expectations. So, if someone asks you a question, you answer it honestly--not by saying what you think they want to hear.

This of course opens you up to rejection. By being yourself, you allow for the chance for others to judge you negatively, disagree with you, or criticize you because you and they are not the same person. This can create anxiety, which many people avoid with protective behaviors: being quiet, using the passive voice, not voicing opinions, being a funny guy, and being a fucking pussy in general.

Just remember that you're not responsible for other's feelings, and that you are your own person and are innately worthwhile regardless of circumstance.

sauce on the flamethrower? was that a real thing?

They were mounted on ships. Couldn’t say if there were handheld ones

Greek Fire
Basically what Romans used to roast Arabs and Russians

>that american who actually thinks people were that short in the past

>All these pricks posting bulky armor turds who can't show off their peak physiques
Steel is strong. Flesh is stronger

Attached: twa_banner_greece_alexander_1600x900.jpg (1600x900, 279K)

they haed to be short to be good at fighting cuz manlets are stronger and faster also easier to cover with a shield

Fuck they were aesthetic. based snow niggers

Attached: sw.jpg (415x550, 148K)

He means that you're being a woman.

You have your two motive forces, one is conscious and the other is subconscious.
Women consciously worry about
>How other people feel
They want everyone to feel good. They worry about your emotions and all the bullshit.
They worry because, subconsciously, they worry about
>How other people perceive them
Women don't want other people to think they're Bad. They derive their value from external factors.
If every man in America became open, literal Nazis overnight, within one week 99% of the women in America would be the most vocal, aggressive Nazis you've every seen.
They want to be seen as good. They're slaves to their internal desire to be perceived well by the dominant culture, and it manifests in their behavior being centered around the feelings of others.

Be a man. Men consciously care
>How other people perceive them
Not because we derive our value from it, but because we value consistency and we want our outward presence to reflect our subconscious focus, which is
>How we perceive ourselves
A fat man knows he's fat. He knows he shouldn't be fat, not because someone told him being fat was bad - he knows, because he is failing the man he could be. A man knows when he is failing, instinctually, and is ashamed of himself and driven to change by that self-shame (unlike a woman, who feels no shame unless her peer group tells her she should).

When Chad says, "be yourself" he means figure out who the best you is, inside, and work your ass off to become that man, and display him to the world.

Attached: hoplite.jpg (584x1293, 82K)

cope
There were 6'6 snow niggers in the Holy Roman Empire using this bad boy to cut down generally everything in sight. How make feel?

Attached: Zweihänder.png (541x578, 443K)

Varangian Guards are fucking beta compared to the early roman legionaries

the byzantines were a fucking joke compared to their former glory

Attached: legionary.png (486x535, 377K)

That's Aristotle

Attached: Russian Viking Musculature.png (1354x144, 37K)

It means play to your strengths

Caesar did not massacre hundreds of thousands of Gauls with an advantage in flesh, I'll say that.

Fake as fuck, peak warrior would be at max 1,90 m and less muscular

What's the difference between how people feel about you with how people percieve you?

Post source you fucking idiot, why would anyone believe a Jow Forums post

I can respect someone and not like them.

And that measure is wrong. I've done the tinder manwhore thing and ran my number up until I stopped caring; I gained no fulfillment from it. Virgins aren't missing much.

Attached: Constantine XI last stand.jpg (687x960, 185K)

Here's part of the genius of 'just b urself', though. All those virgins hanging their self-worth on their ability to get laid are never themselves around women. They see a woman they're attracted to and they don't approach. They talk to a woman they're attracted to and they make a point of never saying or doing anything that might betray that attraction. They wait and they wait and they act like all they want is friendship, then turn around and reveal that, "ha ha, actually I was lying through my teeth about our friendship all along! I really wanted to fuck you!"

The main problem is one of inhibition. People who have trouble understanding 'just burself' are going around constantly inhibiting their own actions. They think 'oh I'd like to approach her, better not though, she'll think I'm a creep', or 'I'd like to comment on that cool shirt, better not, they'll think I'm weird', or 'I've got something to add to this group conversation, oh better not, they might think I'm unfunny/uncool/weird'. They aren't being themselves, and they aren't giving voice to their actual thoughts, opinions, desires. It's fundamentally dishonest, people can tell, and they react negatively to it. In their obsessive desire to avoid disdain and rejection, people who fail to 'be themselves' become a magnet for the very same.

The solution lies in letting go of those inhibitions - not playing the game of 'will they like what I say / no / better not say it'. When you stop playing that game, you can finally start improving. When you start expressing your actual thoughts, opinions, desires, you start getting reactions. With reactions, you can start to calibrate your delivery, to learn. With practice, you'll figure out what to say and how to say it such that you get as positive a reaction as possible. Eventually you'll learn that you can get almost anything if you ask for it correctly.

it means you should not try to hide the aspect of your personality you don't find to be "ideal"

y'all know if pic related is historically accurate?

Attached: persian_cataphract.jpg (1000x1462, 294K)

This thread gives me hope for the future of humanity. Thank you

My nigga.

Attached: Td.jpg (480x360, 14K)

shut the fuck up you gay retard, no one is as cool as this:

"...the Varangians began pursuing the soldiers, “cheerfully hacking them to pieces”...

dumb faggot

In the end it all comes down to fear, the greatest obstacle
The only way to overcome it is to acknowledge your feelings

However, why is it bad to establish boundaries? Some things may truly not be worth it, for example let's say you are in a group of friends who decided to do drugs and you are the only one against it but the others are pressuring you to do it. Your desire might want you to do it because of curiosity and group pressure but your logical side will prevent you from doing it.

I know that this comparison sounds a little bit exaggerated when talking about sex but consider that virgins also think with their logical side on this issue and therefore think differently from normies. There's definitely something that holds them back from doing it,whether it's lack of experience, fear, belief that it wouldn't be worth it or all of the above.

Attached: 1516003303515.jpg (400x400, 27K)

I need a set of full cataphract armor and I cannot stress how soon

we are all gonna make it