/fat/ - You have to start somewhere you lazy fucks edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For self-hating butterballs who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT. Ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
quen.life/forecast/

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micro-nutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>walk, swim, or bike, just get moving.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Attached: 1535878104518.jpg (4199x4189, 2.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets
youtube.com/user/drericberg123
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why am i feeling depressed while eating at a deficit ?

Reminder: Low carb diets are more effective than counting calories.

healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets

Calorie restriction lowers metabolism.

The brain is a very energy hungry organ. Lowered metabolism means reduced brain function.

Because you are lacking energy, if you eat things that burn quickly (eg sugar, or only carbs) then you will feel tired and sluggish after a few hours.
You are forcing yourself to not eat, so you can't do anything about it, and you end up depressed and tired.

Eat more fat/protein, especially at breakfast.

Please ignore the local retards, some people have too much fat around their hearts, some have too much fat around their brains

Because your brain needs fat. Eat more fat, especially saturated.

That's another reason why low carb works better than low fat. On top of there being less insulin spikes, you're less likely to feel depressed.

ketards are the stupidest niggers around
neck yourself my man

>why do i feel bad when i'm starving myself over a long period of time
either reduce your deficit or eat more protein lad. if you're actually feeling depressed then you probably won't be able to maintain a deficit for an extended period and you'll just break and binge at some point

Attached: 1543774253270.jpg (280x280, 14K)

but i never said that i consider a "normal diet" to be pursuant to the american guidelines. you guys keep telling me that the normal diet (according to the us govt) is low fat, but i don't consider the us government's recommended macro ratio to be "normal"

i've been fat for years and lost almost all my friends because of my low self confidence (caused by me being fat ofc)

How do you get friends back after finishing your diet ? I'm feeling lonely

Attached: 42229c49201.jpg (327x347, 67K)

unless you seriously fucked up and burned all your bridges, just try to reconnect with them. start talking with them again and show them that you've changed for the better

>i don't consider the us government's recommended macro ratio to be "normal"
Sure, but people who are trying to be healthy will follow those guidelines and fail thinking what they're eating is objectively normal. That's part of t obesity problem- Government tells people that they should be eating more grains and less fats (even following the US guideline they recommend cutting out fats first if you want to go under 2000kcal).

CONFESS

Attached: 1550857988561.jpg (615x580, 68K)

Keto works fine in the short term, it's just not a permanent solution. You can follow a low carb diet long term, just not the ketogenic one.

That said, trying keto first helps set you up in maintaining a low carb diet long term.

i agree the guidelines are a contributor to the obesity epidemic. knowing the us government, they won't fix them for another decade though

Studies examining low fat versus low carb are using the conventional American government recommendations as the low fat diet.

Any software or website you find will use the American conventional (i.e. low fat) diet.

@you
didn't ask, don't care

I keep relapsing in my fatty habits

>knowing the us government, they won't fix them for another decade though
The guidelines being used are essentially the same ones form the 50s. They're never going to change user. You overestimate Congress' competence. That's aside from all the lobbying cereal and grain industries do.

>ignores scientific proof
>calls other people stupid niggers

21yo/187cm/92,2kg
I have to lose 7kg ASAP, what do?
My TDEE is 2450 kcal

Read the sticky
Losing just under 1kg a week is a 1k calorie a day deficit

see >I have to lose 7kg ASAP, what do?
eat less. get a bike and ride it

Fast.

>losing 7kg
Fastest you can do that is maybe in one month. Assuming you have water weight to lose, just do Keto for 4 weeks. You really can't lose faster than that without fasting, and even with fasting it'll take you 2 weeks at the earliest (with water weight). If you've already been dieting fasting would take 3 weeks, and keto would take 6 weeks.

I don't recommend fasting for 3 weeks straight either.

I have like 5 weeks btw thanks fitfags i love you

>Ordered barbell set online to finally start lifting and build chest
>ETA: April 10th

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT TO START LIFTING NOWWW

>I have like 5 weeks btw
do an 1100 a day deficit then

loosey goosey

Every day I make it a 'lil further along. Even on the days that I don't.

If you're learning you're not failing :3

Attached: 1552898669427.png (1324x648, 53K)

NOTHING.
TO.
DECLARE.

AWWWW FUCKING YEAH

Attached: 1525590966769.png (224x224, 2K)

eating nothing but DNP and ephedrine
if you're still alive in 2 weeks tell us how it went

Ok, im kinda unkillable so i will give you answer.

I did what I thought I had gotten over doing years ago and let an unexpected obstacle in life ruin my entire routine. Went from literal fastfood wagecuck job to leading an arborist crew at over double the pay. Was respected and my stress levels plummeted. Just learned its on a limited grant funding and im only there for 5 months at the latest, 3 and a half more realistically. Havn't worked out, written, or played music for a week and a half now. The knowledge that im going to likely have to go back with my tail between my legs making sandwiches broke me. I thought I was stronger than this

Ill never save another picture of a beautiful woman for inspiration again.

Attached: 1553121364109.jpg (641x641, 388K)

Success tends to snowball, so make sure you keep up the momentum. Use this job to get another job. Start looking now!

Failure tends to snowball as well though.

Attached: 1535552603048.jpg (508x395, 80K)

Sup my dudes.
I'm 27y/o, 5'10, 215lbs.
I'm 6 weeks into stronglifts as a novice (I've aimlessly worked out before and had a trainer at one point in time) and I've seen progress, but I feel like I should be working myself harder. I've felt that way since the beginning. What do

This is the weight loss general, not the lifting general.

I weigh three pounds less than I did yesterday and I haven't even pooped yet.

I'm a fatty though. I want to lose weight faster. I've been experimenting with IF 18/6 consuming at a 500 cal deficit.

>I want to lose weight faster
Create a bigger calorie deficit.

Option 1: work harder
Option 2: eat less
Option 3: böth

In regards to your lifting, take rest days seriously. Unless you're on steroids, you need them. Don't use DOMS or muscle pain to guesstimate how much rest you need - it's not reliable.

Do cardio if you want.

You're asking for weightlifting progress, not fat loss progress.

If you want more fat loss progress, make your deficit larger.

Yeah, start looking now and make sure to put this on your resume/application. See if there is anywhere else you can work in stead of the same place you left. There might be non-food jobs around.

I ate a 600 kcal pizza but it was within my kcal limit. Aaaaand I fucked up my macros, fats are skyrocketing today

Is StrongLifts 5x5 + 1700 calories a day (2200 something TDEE) good for a beginner who needs to lose gut and tiddies?

>but I feel like I should be working myself harder

If your weights are progressing at a pace of 5 or even 2.5kg a week, then you're working hard enough, some things you cant hurry no matter how much in a hurry you feel you are. If you're not doing progressive load then something is wrong. 6 weeks is too small a time to get stuck on weight.

Most importantly, know its a marathon and not a race. Working very hard for 3 months and then doing nothing for 9 get you nowhere. You've been fat and a dyel for 20+ years, you wont fix it in 6 weeks of lifting, just keep going.

How beginner?

If you've never lifted before do rippletits's starting strength for 3 months and then pick a program. It's more important that you learn the form and correct execution of the big compound lifts.

If you've lifted before then do not do a powerlifting program unless you actually want to be a powerlifter. Just do a beginner full body 3 times a week bodybuilding workout - there are plenty out there.

Your deficit should be as much as you can stomach. A 1000 calorie deficit (so 1200 calories consumer per day for you) is baby tier shit, so start with that. The most important part is DO NOT SNACK. If you're not snacking it's basically impossible to go over your calorie limit unless you're deliberately eating like a piece of shit. 400 calories is more than enough for a good sized meal.

I recommend that you aim for 2 meals a day rather than 3. I have brunch and supper rather than breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

what's your main goal? do you want to build strength or lose the bodyfat first?

So I quit my soul crushing machinist job and am wage slaving as call center agent for one year now, getting fat and depressed. Stretch marks all over my belly.
Gained 55lbs.
Was at 275lbs. at 6.45ft 2 months ago and only 2 of my jeans would fit and that very tightly.
Trying to get my shit together right now, lost 17.6 pounds in 2 months and got myself a new bike.

Hold me Jow Forums

Attached: 1457673059518.jpg (764x938, 112K)

Never lifted, yeah. I was doing 1500 cals for a while and lost 2 to 3 pounds a week then.

Not have gut and tiddies anymore mostly.

Macros matter a lot less than your kcal limit, you're perfectly fine especially if its not a regular occurance. Also, fats arent bad.

>Not have gut and tiddies anymore mostly.
then a low calorie diet until you're happy. do cardio and a beginners lifting program but you should be focusing mostly on the diet. like said, SS is a good start but any progressive overload program will get you started

P.S. I don't like stronglifts because lots of heavy squats 3 times a week plus lots of heavy deadlifts is a recipe for exploding knees in my opinion.

>Never lifted, yeah
Then I recommend starting strength, but drop the cleans because fuck cleans and fuck any exercise where you're flailing around with a loaded bar, and don't do squats and deadlifts on the same day. Do squats on Monday, deadlifts on Wednesday, and then squats on Friday. On days where you're supposed to do both, replace one of them with something else.

The most important thing is progressive overload, which is a fancy way of saying if you can lift the weight (complete all reps of all sets) then make it heavier.

Remember that the point of these three months is to learn what it feels like to lift heavy weights and how to do it safely and controlled. It is to build expertise, not muscle - although you will get some of that too. Then, after the 3 months, you can fuck off and do an actual bodybuilding program and actually know what you're doing and what it's supposed to feel like when you do it right.

It'll be a year before you start seeing anything worth calling results, and two before you look gud.

>Call center
Truly the most soul crushing job to have, at least the two I worked at. I put on about 20lbs when I first struck out on my own, didn't gain or lose but I went from an average weight to overweight. Took a job at a call center? Gained 50lbs over the course of working there. The sedatory life style, the "motivational" pizza/ice cream days, and being in the same lot as two Starbucks without any concept of how much calories are in some of that shit. I'd love to go back in time and never take the job.

Attached: 1518118158700.jpg (1200x673, 142K)

>trying to become effay
>got a nice haircut, new shoes, etc
>don't want to buy nice clothes until i'm at my goal weight
>stuck walking around in pic related tier clothes for at least another year
anyone else have this feel?

Attached: 1551709674215.jpg (3619x3549, 786K)

>Call center
Same. I worked at two, one trying to get people car insurance and one trying to renew magazine subscriptions. I lost some of my humanity there. On the other hand I'm great at phone calls now.

why you done something like this to yourself?

Ate at a chinese buffet yesterday. I ate shrimp and crab legs with 3 chinese donuts. I dont feel too bad tbqh

autism probably

I bought a bunch of cheap clothes like plain colored t-shirts and jeans. You can get the multipacks that come with like 5 shirts in different colors. I look like an NPC. I also check the clearance section at Target. My most complimented shirt is a $6.18 button up.

Just get plain shirts and cheap jeans.

I started lifting so I could gain muscle and get into exercising. But I need to lose some fat bc I don't want to be a super built femanon. My diet isn't super healthy but not bad either but my metabolism tanked from a very sedentary lifestyle. I think severe low cal or fasting is the only things that'll currently work but I don't want to end up binging too. How do I raise metabolism/what diet does everyone suggest? As far as diet, I'm worried about sustainability because I don't want to gain back any weigh. But, I've been thinking about keto to bring me down and then just watching my intake to maintain. I also think building muscle increases metabolism because of the calories needed to maintain.

Anybody else noticed that since eating better that shitting has become incredibly satisfying? I just squeezed a massive turd out and I feel all warm, its weird

>Then I recommend starting strength

Can do
Now I just have to wait two weeks for my barbells to arrive

>what diet does everyone suggest

Eat less. The average woman usually does a 1200 kcal diet with little problems as long as you're not a complete womanlet. Just find out what your TDEE and what your protein requirements are and go from there. Want to lose weight? Eat less than your TDEE. Want to mantain? Eat the same as your TDEE. Want to lose fat and not muscle? Hit your protein goals no matter what yoru TDEE is.

For a while but now my poops are tiny. I think it's because most of my diet is protein so that gets absorbed and there isn't much excess food to get rid of. The color varies based on what kind of vegetable I had.

I ate half a bag of mini eggs (450-ish grams worth, ~1900 calories). I'm punishing myself by throwing out the rest of the bag and doing cardio each day this week

omad for like 3 weeks, can i eat just pack of chips and drink monster 0 tommorow? i want to eat some chips so much :( it will be around 800kcal

Pls be in London etc. etc.

Diet doesn't matter. Just follow CICO. You will learn through experience what foods are good value for the calories.

>what does everyone suggest
1000-1200kcal diet, get enough protein(read the sticky), lots of cardio, lift if you want but it's not that necessary. women don't gain muscle that quickly so you don't need to worry about turning into she-Hulk unless you're specifically aiming for that

>worried about maintaining the diet
if you fuck up then get back on the wagon the next day. the major point to fat loss is that you keep going. don't throw yourself a pity party every time you do something you shouldn't have.

>Diet doesn't matter. Just follow CICO.
LMAO. This thread is just fat retards giving bad advice to other fat retards.

If this worked you wouldn't be so fat, moron.

How accurate are TDEE?
I'm 6'1, 370lbs

Ive been eating 800-1200 cals a day for almost 2 months,

Any advice? To either speed up fat loss or anything?

Attached: dcfdef.jpg (838x458, 71K)

Do you think it will stop with just the bag of chips? It won't be very filling.

>If this worked you wouldn't be so fat
dropped 100 pounds on nothing but CICO you baiting retard

>If this worked you wouldn't be so fat, moron.
Since I started CICO I've lost 16kg. I eat microwave meals, fast food, and chocolate bars every day.

It demonstrably does work and I am literally the living proof, as are plenty of other people in these threads.

Do not expect further reply.

yea i know but im used to starvation

>Any advice?
always calculate TDEE at sedentary when you're on a cut

Yeah it's not like we got fat by eating at a deficit.

>4255
(doubt)
Make sure you put in sedentary, no, your 3 days of cardio dont burn anywhere near what you or the calculators think they burn.
You shouldnt eat less than 800-1200 as a man desu, I'd consider that almost a bare minimum for not losing muscle and such. If you want to speed up fat loss you should do any kind of cardio you can do without bursting your knees at your weight, which are bikes or swimming. Even walking might be bad to do too much of at 370lbs.

Other than that, its just time. You didnt balloon to 400lbs+ in a year, so losing it will also take some time. Thankfully though, you can lose it WAY faster than you put it on, so its not all bad news.

You could be fine then. All I can find are those little bags of chips and 10oz+ bags of chips that start at 1500 cal.

Don't engage with the bait

Im actually pretty active walking wise. At least 20 to 30 a day at a good pace. I have a large frame and muscle from lots of manual labor when i was younger.

Heres my new reading, still at a 1600 deficit thats not including any exercise (obviously)

Attached: dfesfefge.jpg (849x575, 91K)

I think you should even want weightloss to come about at a slowish rate as to avoid loose skin and so on. You should start lifting as well as soon as your knees can take it (probably sub 300lbs) so you start filling up a bit.
if you go from 370 to 200 in 6 months you'd be like a deflated balloon and then you'd be having to contemplate surgery. Losing weight at a slower rate can reduce the ammount of loose skin you'll end up with.

How can I best go about strengthening up my core and back when I'm an absolute fat unit that can't do pull-ups and can barely do a push-up?

This isn't any sort of "I want to lose bellyfat" kind of retardation, I know it doesn't work like that, but my posture is hunched and I work at a computer all day. My back fuckin hurts and my abdomen is sort of distended in a way that feels like the muscles are just completely powerless to hold back my fat-fuck internal organs so they've given up trying.

Attached: vsi4sksb0k811.jpg (750x750, 63K)

In4 phone poster.

Fell off the bandwagon badly over the weekend and had a reaction to something I ate and now my eyes have puffed up like mad!
Going to the doctors today and going to do a lot of working out today to get back on track.
Think it was the sugar that did it, shit food is so dam addicting! Keep at it bros, lets do our best to make it.

>170 in 6 months
i wish.

Here in leaf land, cosmetic surgery like loose skin is covered.

Planks, crunches and situps

I thought crunches and situps were bad for the back? Is that just hippie nonsense?

You could actually eat a nutritious meal for that amount of calories

How long until cardio stops making me want to die

Attached: 1545221428334.jpg (400x404, 46K)

Hey fatties, take the BergPill

youtube.com/user/drericberg123

I ate 4 chocolates yesterday, although the rest of my calories were approx 1000 so it's not too bad. I should have more mental strength though

Post body.

i need something to distract myself, i have no will to play video games, watch shows/anime/movies, nothing. all i want to do is work out and its a rest day. i cant stop thinking about food its all i can fucking think about and its driving me crazy. i gained 6 lbs because for a week or so i was eating/getting drunk pulling 3000 calories a day. been on 12-1300 a day for the past couple days. im so bored and hungry i dont even want to watch a show if i dont have food in front of me its just pointless. my stomach literally growls from hunger. its fucking bullshit the tiny puny amount of food im allowed to eat. pls send help.

go walk

i'm not at all happy with my body so why would i do that

get a hobby or a job or something
i eat like shit when i'm neetmode

Get a job.

you're kidding right? I'd be making magnitudes less working minimum wage since they reduce your disability if you work, and i'd probably have another breakdown and end up in the psych ward again because i cant handle it.

take a woodworking class or something then

Get a job that pays more than minimum wage, and simultaneously develop an ethic that is disgusted by subsisting off of public money.

Also fix your brain problems.