QTDDTOT - Big boy back edition

QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Post your questions that don't deserve their own thread here.

I'll start
>How do pendlay rows translate to pullups?
I can't do any pullups because I'm obese (108kg, 185cm, 32%BF) and generally just weak, been doing SL5x5 for about 7 weeks now and am rowing 52.5kg for 5. How many pullups can you do, and what percentage of your bodyweight do you row/for how many reps?

Attached: qtddtot.jpg (999x624, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

healthstatus.com/calculate/body-fat-percentage-calculator/
youtube.com/watch?v=bbNA17KjBzU
youtube.com/watch?v=vmNPOjaGrVE
youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I row (not pendlay) 2 plates 5x5 w/ straps at ~81kg, 185cm. I can probably AMRAP ~15 pull ups, usually do 3x12 weighted.

I've been cutting for over three months now and I slowly want to revert back to maintaining bw, do I just directly go back to my TDEE or slowly ramp up the calories?

You need to wide grip the barbell for it to transfer better.

is DDR good cardio?

If I'm trying to work towards pullups using machine assistance and negatives should I keep doing lat pulldowns or are they just taking up time I could use for pullups?

Anybody know some good OHP videos? I'm stalled at 30kg for five sets of 3 and it's pissing me off

Maybe do some db ohp, it helped me progress past 30

are hip thrusts training enough the hammies to use them as a DL assistance exercise for hammies?

Hip thrusts are primarily glutes. I like RDLs (db or bb) for hammies.

I NEED TO GO FROM 225lbs DOWN TO 180 HOW DO I LOSE MORE THAN 2lbs A WEEK WITHOIT STRAIGHT UP NOT EATING ANYTHING THANK YOU

yeah I usually do SLDL and light leg curls for hammies and hip thrusts for glutes but due to my new schedule I'll have to ditch the SLDL so I'm afraid I won't train hamstrings enough with just DL and hip thrusts
I want to keep hip thrusts because my glutes are my weak point on DL right now
Do you think that'd be enough?
thanks btw

You could try dropping both hip thrusts and RDLs and throwing in stiff legged sumo deadlifts as well. Louie Simmons (westside barbell) recommends them for training the glutes/hammies/low back.

>stiff legged sumo deadlifts
gonna look into it
thanks

is it ok to literally only eat chicken and rice? i eat about 3.5lbs of chicken and 3 cups of rice daily. just want to find an extremely affordable and rxtremely easy to prepare and extremely cheap way to live.

I imagine if you literally (and I mean literally) only eat chicken and rice you're going to become deficient in other nutrients/vitamins your body needs eventually. But I'm no nutritionist.

Why exactly do people pass out during heavy deadlift and how do I prevent this?

It's either bad bracing, bad breathing, or just really fucking heavy weight. I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone you see passing out doing a deadlift is probably a retard.

is it normal to absolutely fucking despise yourself after starting to lift

Probably not.

if you've trained more than a month then you've got a problem
you should feel great after lifting

any idea of what else i can add? im supreme poverty mode over here

since starting i'm disgusted at how weak i am, disgusted at how slowly im making progress, and how shit my willpower is
i just fucking hate that im this weak wheras before i guess i just didn't really think about it. now im furious i let most of my youth go by (25) and by the time id have gotten anywhere now, it'll be getting too late

it's never too late, just get the better of yourself
believe your sempai, you're still really young, you just don't know it yet
life doesn't stop at 30, in fact it started after that for me

Can you afford potatoes? You could trade those for the rice for more nutrients. What about eggs? cheap greens?

i guess. sorry to baww so much
its not even about the lifts as much as I wanted to start this to learn discipline, and 3 months in i still have to force myself to go and duck days here and there. i'm so fucking lazy i repulse myself

i have autism is there a website somewhere or a way someone can just give me an extremely specific meal plan

I have had 3 weeks off due to work commitments, im doing a bro split with reasonably high weights - what weight is recommended so I dont fuck my shit up? 100% or drop a weight on everything maybe?

Looking for that 40 min motivational song somebody posted on here.
>synth wave
>some femdom lady encourages you to hit the gym and do another rep, so that you are big and alpha for her.

>5'9" 18yo 265lbs
I've been trying to lose weight, I'm alternating between weights and running every day. But now I've been getting passive pain above, below, and on my knees, often when I'm not doing anything. Am I fucking up my knees from a month of this? What do I do?

when I take a pause I usually start over with whatever feels easy for me, something around 65-70%
it's more to avoid big doms and to help motivation than anything though, Iguess you could start higher if you don't want to lose time in your progression

>passive pain above, below, and on my knees,
that's too vague to know but you could start with a break and then lowering intensity or frequency

I don't know how else to describe it. Like a very dull ache maybe.

Scooby's custommealplanner.com

Autistic levels of nutrition minmaxing.

lads, i think i may have gotten shoulder bursitis whilst doing ohp, what can i do to fix it?

That sounds good, will try thank you user

Bro, I'd wait until you've dropped some more weight before running. Walking, cycling, swimming, stairs, etc are going to give you a decent cardio workout of you put effort into them.

But the fact that you are even attempting to run at your weight tells me you really wanna make it. The easiest way to crush that dream is to seriously hurt yourself by doing more than you are ready for.

Do you want to run for 6 weeks now, then spend the rest of the summer limping around on fucked up knees while getting fatter cuz yer fucked up knees won't cooperate? Or do you want to stay active all year and feel good while doing it, ultimately achieving your goal.

Fitness is a lifetime of dedication. Don't fuck your knees up for life by being an impatient 18 year old.

How quickly does sprinting improve?

My fastest 300 meter time was 65 seconds two weeks ago, 57 seconds last week. Two weeks ago I could only do it once, and when I tried doing it again after a 5 minute rest I made it 200 meters and got winded, so the next day I ran 300 meters once, then 100 meters three times, followed by 200 meters two times, and another 300 meters to try and build my endurance. Ever since then I have improved but I want to know how long it will take to reach mid-50 seconds. My mile time is 7:15-7:30 so I want to work on sprinting.

Do sprints have noob gains too?

Attached: 1551586909661.jpg (622x538, 117K)

Got fit, got with the girl I had a crush on, and I feel nothing. I’m just as unhappy now as I was before. She clearly likes me, cares, tries to look after me in ways I don’t do for myself and all. I don’t even feel the little bit of happiness when I see her walk in like I used to, and I’m just going through empty motions pretending to be affectionate. Sex feels no different from any casual hookup I’ve had in the past either. This isn’t supposed to be how it works, right? What is wrong with me and how do I fix it?

Been doing some wide-grip pullups daily for the past week or so, and the underside of my forearms feel very sensitive and strained after I workout. Is that normal? Am I experiencing DOMS? I don't exercise nearly enough to be getting DOMS afaik.
I have tiny noodle forearms if that matters.

See a psychologist because you have issues with emotional distance.
I got the same issues brother, I spent literally 4 years chasing my ex through a LDR but the one time we met IRL I was so cold to her that she broke up with me over it barely days later.
Did you have anxiety issues as a kid/teenager?

They don't, honestly. I found that increasing my pendlay rows had little carryover to pullups, anecdotally. Try negatives or lat pulldowns.

Lat pulldowns are a fine alternative to pullups, even if you can do normal pullups.

i wanna start keto and i'm fine with meat n cheese n eggs but when it comes to veg i really only like carrot, and i used to like bananas until they started making me gag for no reason and apples make my gums ache for an hour and i've never had much taste for nuts

is keto with minimal fruit/veg & nuts a bad thing? should i just get supplements? there are far too many conflicting articles about keto that it's really putting me off even trying.

Convince a poor fag to pay a membership in a gym instead of save money
reee i hate being poor ffs

The worst part about working out is getting dressed and driving to the gym. Change my mind.

Band pull aparts....arms extended in front or overhead?

I don’t have therapy money, and to be honest therapy feels like giving up to me. Never had anxiety as a kid, I don’t think. Not like I’d slam my head against a wall or go catatonic, but background stress about school and work was always there to some degree. Don’t figure that atypical.

I lift Monday Wednesday Friday at about 9AM. I'm gonna start taking Yohimbine and doing fasted cardio Tuesday and Thursday. Do I also take Yohimbine on lifting days, or will my heart explode?

Are your wrists supposed to hurt like fuck after pushups

I think I might be doing them wrong

Why does my right forearm muscle hurt after I use the ez bar to lift? Beginner, but I can lift the ez bar with 10kg on each side for 3x10.

How’s this to start with after not lifting for 2 years?

Attached: image.jpg (1242x2208, 1.2M)

What the fuck nobody but tumblrinas fucking go into strokes due to anxiety. You probably had significant stress in childhood but have repressed it or just underestimate it. That or your parents didn't love you enough.

What are good workouts to get Greek statue aesthetics?

Attached: f69033da2e6e069e4462ba7eb6d001cc--greek-statues-man-art.jpg (683x1024, 71K)

Curious about hopping on some var’ in the next few weeks to for my cut. Just started my cut today, and already on a cycle of s4 and cardarine for 12 weeks (used them before for a cycle or 2).
Is building up to 50 mg the last half for babies first cycle enough?

Lots of upper body for that V taper.

Do 4 times a week, shoulder/legs and bis, chest/back and tris, and just alternate core movements. Throw in 4-6 sets with lower reps on primary movements.

Think I might have to go to my doctor for this. This is the 2nd time I've done hiit cardio and ended up with an extremely painful headache afterward. Both times I had this weird vision distortion after the workout that eventually faded away before the headache came on. The fuck is going on?

Repression and minimization actually sounds pretty on-brand for me actually

Is there a problem with working only the bicep peaks? Will my biceps look like triangles or something?

keep at it. start keeping promises to yourself. you'll feel better, but, don't be too hard on yourself either.

self-betrayal is self-destruction

don't buy the veg/nut meme with keto, you're fine just eating meat and eggs.

After a sudden realization of how much sugar i've been consuming every day for the last 10 years i decided that i need to get that shit under control.
I have run into a problem though - the internet tells me i have to limit myself to max 40gr a day, but even a liter of milk fills up over half of that. Add an apple or lemon for breakfast and that's basically it for the day.
What do i do? Is that 40gram limit for weaklings that don't lift things up and put them back down? Am i just going to have to never eat any sweet pastries or cookies again?

who here accelerationist?

the_holistic_psychologist on instagram might help you out, friend

stop drinking milk and eating sugary crap.

you don't have to never eat it again, just not every day. have a weekly refeed.

This is more out of curiousity, but why are most free weights ending in 5s? And why stop at 45 for the plates?

curiosity*
I need more sleep

Does it look like my spotter helped at the end

Attached: 20190324_192249_2 (online-video-cutter.com) (1).webm (270x480, 2.58M)

It looks like you are not doing a full rep.

Dumb question, but you know how workout plans have different names? Shit like UL, PPL, Bro split?

Is there at term for a 6 day plan that's split up like back/tris, chest/bis, legs, that sort of thing?

>ego lifting
yikes

That was ugly. Fix it.

do the full rep

Doesn't look it, unless you count pulling the bar over to the rack. You can see the hands move in and slightly up to grab the bar. Weren't you paying attention during the lift?

Its fine to take in the morning and lift in the afternoon. If you are looking to lift heavy in the morning the have your affairs in order.

It is the full rep. It touches my chest. I just recorded from a bad angle.

I feel before that he might have touched it near the midway point.

Okay. Found answer to the second question. Turns out that 20 kg is pretty standard everywhere metric, including Olympics, and it converts to roughly 44 lbs, but 45 is easier to do the math. Doesn't look like a similar answer for question one, though.

What's the difference between strength training, bodybuilding, and hypertrophy?

I got injured horribly awhile back and essentially lost all of my gains, before that I had progressed from SS to an intermediate PPL.

Can I go right back into using a PPL routine with reduced weight, or do I have to go through SS again?

>I feel before that he might have touched it near the midway point
If he did, it did not look like there was any considerable upward force. At most, it was probably just to act as a stabilizer.

don't lift your hips up.

Anyone done the Average to Savage program by Greg Nuckols?

Yeah I'm probably gonna try again in a couple days because of these. I feel pretty good about the speed on the 4th and 5th so I should be able to get it and probably not record from a retarded angle so my arm doesnt completely cover the bar.

At a cursory glance, looks like strength training focuses on traditional means of increasing muscle strength (low rep, high weight, decent recovery), bodybuilding is beefing up (high rep, low weight, decent recovery), while hypertrophy is beefing up with bonus of increased strength (gradually increasing weights, gradually increasing reps, minimal recovery time allowed)

What do you think my bodyfat% would be?

Stats
>Weigh 80 kgs/178 lbs
>5'11"

Also, on a scale of 1-10, how skinnyfat would you rank me?

Attached: body.jpg (1000x1000, 222K)

YIKES/10

Hey, user, a little grooming advice, but body hair really looks disgusting on pale, out of shape people. Shaving it off might seem super femme, but I promise you it'll actually help your overall look.

You'll go from YIKES/10 to yikes/10.

>Hey, user, a little grooming advice, but body hair really looks disgusting on pale, out of shape people. Shaving it off might seem super femme, but I promise you it'll actually help your overall look.
I completely agree. I always shave my body hair, but because I just got dumped a while back and I'm not looking to date, I've just left because of those reasons. When I'm Jow Forums, I'll wax/shave it off. I hate being hairy and don't give a fuck if people think I'm gay for grooming lol.

>out of shape
Would you say I'm incredibly out of shape looking or just average btw? Just trying to get an idea. Going by other suggestions, I'm going to cut a bit, then bulk because I don't want to bulk myself into obesity.

Being dumped sucks, but it's important not to let yourself get sloppy with your grooming habits just because you aren't going to put yourself back out there. It just leads to creating bad habits and routines that will be impossible to break in the future.

Why not use this instead of asking strangers on the internet? healthstatus.com/calculate/body-fat-percentage-calculator/

3/10. Bis/tris look a little pudgy, got some gut and stuff above the rear, and a hint of manboob. Consider back, bi/tri, and chest conditioning workouts. Where you're at right now, abs can afford to be overlooked for a bit. Also, put down the controller. PC is master race.

Not much to do other than not aggravating by using shoulders more and RICE- Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation

Anyone have experience with ordering from BestBelts? Im 9 weeks in and I havent gotten a shipment notice yet.

Mine took 12.

That's a very important point to bring up. I'll shave tonight.

I didn't know this was a thing. Thanks!

Good to know where I'm lacking though. And I'm mainly a PC gamer now actually, it's just behind me. I actually barely play console games now.

>That's a very important point to bring up. I'll shave tonight.
Atta boy. Keep chugging along, we're all gonna make it.

How on EARTH do I find out how many calories I burn at the gym? I usually use the equipment or free weights

Also I’m trying to eat below my TDEE so any tips on cutting is appreciated

What's the correct way to do a low-bar squat?

what's a fairly healthy flavoring for protein shakes? can't use a blender and currently using orange cordial wondering if theres something else I should consider? don't like flavored protein powders

I'm doing greyskull lp. Would it be retarded to go to 4 days a week, 2 heavy days and then 2 light days, but the exact same exercises?

If i take a long break, for injury or whatever other reason, I go right back into whatever program I was doing just at lower weights.
Plates go up to 55 in competition and my gym has bumper plates at that weight as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=bbNA17KjBzU
youtube.com/watch?v=vmNPOjaGrVE
youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM

If I eat 22g of carbs will that ruin ketosis?